Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A New Land (Lord Dakol and Selena)

Nick just waved off her apology, "It was not your fault. Just ready for bed. I'll be down the hall." he told her, referring to being in the living room. He still needed to treat his own wounds before they got infected. "Oh, and there is a handgun in the drawer. Keep it with you." he said before going down the hall.

Selena nodded towards him. How shall I prepare for bed when I haven't any night clothes? Selena thought. She then improvised, taking off her school uniform's jacket and skirt, as well as socks and shoes, leaving her only in a simple t-shirt and short orange boyshort underwear. "I guess this will have to do.." she replied, looking down at her clothing. She sat on the edge of the bed, looking at the drawer with a sigh.

Selena walked over to the drawer, pulling the wooden box's handle to reveal the gun. She pulled it out for a moment, looking it over. It was much different than any shotgun or rifle she had shot, but she could probably use it if it became necessary to do so. "I wonder why he told me to keep this with me..." she said softly, almost to herself. Her stomach seemed to knot up at the thought of what could happen, so she placed the gun back into the shelf and layed down on the bed, an uneasy feeling about her.

Nick sat down heavily onto the operating table, blood from Selena's leg and specks of moss on the material. He sighed and began taking off his other clothing, soon leaving only his built (and scarred) muscular torso. Blood ran down his abdomen as he began to work without the moss, stitching up his injuries and applying some ointment.

Selena laid in the bed tiredly, her mind wandering as she stared up at the ceiling. She mulled over why she was here, how her day dramatically changed, where her brother might be, how her friends were.. She really couldn't think about sleep with so much weighing on her mind. She wanted to sleep, or at least escape somehow, but she couldn't. She rolled over to one side, gripping the pillow as a tear made its way down her cheeck.

"What did I do...?" she said, blaming the current situation on herself.

"Ah!" he gasped sharply and quite loud as he leaned against the warm rock wall. The needle as accidentally pierced muscle. Drawing it out, he groaned softly as he continued to sew up his wound. Remembering that he had a natural hot spring in his haven, he thought Selena could use some relaxation.

"Selena! If you're awake, come here!" he yelled out, moving onto the next cut.

When she heard his voice, Selena quickly wiped up her tear with the sleeve of her shirt, getting up off of the bed and walking out of the room. She came reluctantly down the hallway, pulling down her shirt as far as it could go, as if embarrased by her legs.

She looked towards Nick. "Um..you called?"

Nick was too busy to take notice of the condition of Selena's clothes. "If you go all the way down to the other end of the hall, you'll find a hot spring there. Take my word for it that it's very relaxing. Go." he said, finishing the work on his body and finally noticing the state of her clothes. "And uh...take some of my clothes in the chest at the end of the bed."

"Oh..why, thank you." she replied, thinkin that a hot spring would feel very relaxing at a moment such as this. Selena listened to his instructions and returned to the room she was just in, opening up a drawer to find his clothes folded inside. She pulled out a shirt, looking quite medieval in age, as well as some simple shorts. She pulled the shirt down, which was somewhat oversized, and the shorts hung down to the midsection of her calves much like a pair of loose capris.

She then made her way over to the hot spring, feeling the warmth of the steam coming off of it as she entered the room. Only when inside this room did she strip down to her boyshort underwear, leaving his clothes in a small pile nearby. She tested to water with her foot. It was warm, a very pleasurable temperature. She then reluctantly submerged the rest of her body into the spring, with the exception of her head. She laid against the edge of the spring, her eyes closing in delight to the warmth of the water. "He was right.."

Nick jumped off the table, testing his body by flexing gently. Nothing seeped or bled; in other words, he was healed at the moment. For a split second, he considered to join Selena, but figured that she didn't relax with his clothes on. Sighing, he walked down the hall and was able grab a large white towel on the way and stopped so he couldn't see into the room. "I have towel for you. Where do you want me to put it?" he asked calmly.

Selena's head snapped towards his voice, her eyes coming open. She dipped down deeper into the water for fear of being exposed. "I..um..oh, right here is fine." She replied nervously, pointing to a spot on the ground near her clothes.

"Um, you can join me if you'd like. This is your hot spring anyway, and those wounds look like they could use the mineral-rich water." She said, a faint smile on her lips. She wanted to be kind and let him join her, but she had to admit that today's earlier happenings made her very unsure about him.

Nick threw the towel near his clothes, his eyes completely away from where she was at, not wanting to cause any distress. "There." he muttered, turning around to leave.

The male stopped, hearing her suggestion and deeply thinking about it. "I uh...are you sure?" he asked. In truth, since his wife died, he had not since another woman's body, especially not one as young as Selena. He had no idea how his body would react to the proximity, but he had to hope that he wouldn't do anything stupid if she didn't change her mind.

Selena looke up to him with genuine eyes. "Yes, of course. It's the least I could do after you saved me today. Unless..you don't want to. I'd totally understand." She replied, her voice much calmer now than before as the water began to take effect.

Not moving for a minute, Nick turned his head towards her and nodded. "Uh, all right..." he replied. Leaning against the wall, he began to take off the rest of his clothes, save his boxers. He then began to move into the spring slowly and carefully, sighing comfortably as he leaned back on the rim of the hot spring.

Selena looked at the ever-moving reflection of her face in the water. Without looking up, she asked "Nick...why...what happened today?" Her voice was soft. "What did I do that those men wanted to shoot?" Selena was utterly confused, and thought that he may be able to provide some answers.

Without moving his position or opening his eyes, he began to explain. "They were told that you had a younger brother. A brother that's very important to them, and someone is feeling threatened by him." he told her. "So, they were going to capture you and give you to their employer, where he would begin breeding you to anger your brother. I was sent to kill you, to make sure that you wouldn't be used. I was obviously doing that at the wrong time." he said with a slight chuckle.

"Do you have a baby brother?" he inquired.

Selena's eyes widened as he explained, and she backed away from him a bit. "I..you...were going to..k-kill me?" she replied in shock.

After a few moments, "But..you..you didn't kill me...and yes, I do have a little brother, but I'm quite confused about how he's involved with this!" she said, being almost protective of her little brother. He was only 12; how could he be involved in such crime?!

"Was. Until I found why they wanted you dead. They still do." it was going to be hard on both of them, for two sides of the same coin either wanted her dead or a whore. He shuddered at the thought. "All I know is that your brother is important. We have to find him as soon as possible."

"He should be here in the city..." she replied, "I was trying to look for him when everything went haywire today. He came up missing last night. I just hope..." Selena's words came to a halt. "Nevermind. When is the earliest we can leave? In the morning? I need to find him..." she said, bringing one leg up so that she could rest her head on her knee.

Nick finally opened his eyes and looked Selena, "Calm down. If he was in trouble, then we would know." he said, raising a eyebrow as he tried his best not to give his attention to other areas of her body, but he wasn't working well. He was afraid of this.

Selena sighed, looking up at him with her genuine eyes. "I'm sorry..it's just..my little brother... he's all I really have left after all this destruction occurred. Well, he and my friends...but most of them headed north to where it wasn't severe. I should've known something was going to happen if I stayed here.." She replied, almost talking to herself. Selena closed her eyes, not realizing tha Nick's had began to slightly wander.

"Well, most probably they would have gotten you if you had gone with him. So maybe this is for the best." Nick said, sighing gently as he turned his eyes away when her legs had relaxed away from her chest.

"I suppose..." Selena replied, her voice uneasy. "I apologize for my inconvenience here. I mean..it must be uneasy having me around when your family.." she said, not finishing the sentence. "I'm sorry. I'm awefully glad you didn't kill me...why was that?"

"Because..." he stopped, realizing it would sound extremely insane if he told her that his late wife restricted him from doing it. "Because I found I could never kill a girl." he finished.

"Oh..I see..." Selena replied, still unsure about why he took such a job and then didn't fulfill his duties. Never the less, she was still very happy that he didn't go through with them. She sighed with relief, a slight feeling of happiness entered her.

((I have to go. Night.))

Sighing, Nick leaned back and closed his eyes, relaxing his guard and unclenching his feet, the warmth heating up his body and allowed him to rest.

Back
Top Bottom