Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

As the Gods Will It (DudeGuy and Sorrows Solace)

Wyn blinked a few times as she finished playing and looked up at the others, her face easing into a contented smile. She always loved to play for others and genuine applause was the sweetest music to her ears. She had been playing and singing since she had been small and it was her calling, she knew that and wanted to be one of the greatest bards in history. It was a shame that she wouldnâ??t be able to sing right yet, her throat hurt to much for it and she also didnâ??t want to sing in case it drew to much attention. Sarathya nodded in agreement â??Yes, you are quite skilled, I have not heard a performance of that calibre in some time.â? She stated, recalling the festival reels of the village, Wynâ??s was much more skilled, showing a devotion to her craft as a warrior would the blade. The girl chuckled, a light, sweet sound at Riosâ??s reaction. â??Iâ??m g-glad you l-liked i-it.â? She replied with a smile, it looked as if her stammer was more of a verbal disability rather then pure nerves.

Even after all of this time, Wyn had yet to have stopped stammering. Perhaps there was something wrong with her head? Or, was the language she speaking not her native tongue? Now that Corvo thought about it, Wyn didn't look like she was from this region at all. Perhaps from somewhere to the North? And she thought she detected a bit of an accent in the young woman's voice, she just wasn't sure she could place it just yet. Perhaps it would come to her in time. Pondering over it now would prove to be fruitless. She was much too tired to keep up such a train of thought.

"Perhaps you should eat now so you can rest up for the night," Corvo suggested. It would be for the best if they all turned in soon. That way, when they got up tomorrow. Tomorrow would be a long day. If they wished to make it to the next kingdom anytime soon, they would need to walk for most of the day. By the time they stopped, they would be in the plains. If they came close enough to a settlement, they would be able to camp out in an area where the grass was kept shorter. This way, they could remain on the lookout for any predators that may attempt to creep up on them. Or else, they would have to cut down some grass themselves. That would be rather tiresome.

Rios had been staring at Wyn and he hadn't even realized it. He looked away from her, a rosy tint rising in his cheeks. At least she didn't misunderstand his silence and think that he didn't like her playing. "Corvo is right. You should eat something now, you must be starving," he said, urging Wyn to finally consume something.

If asked Wyn would have stated that she did stammer even when she spoke her native language, she had done so since she learned to speak. She also would have revealed that she was from the country known as Kislev a far north area of windy cold steppes and it bordered an rough mountainous area called The Wastes. For as long as the main city, also called Kislev, had stood it had been at war with bandits and creatures from the Wastes. The people of Kislev were dour and tough, large, preferring raucous songs and kvas a fiery clear liquor to wine and soft songs. They held a devotion to the steppes and had a saying â??Kislev is the land and the land is Kislev.â? showing that Kislev would endure far after the city itself was torn down, if there was still people there, Kislev would stand forever. It was that heritage that Wyn carried, a love for the place she had been raised in, though even there she had still been strange. But that was another reason for her traveling she wanted to find out more of her family, those that she had never known.

â??G-g-good idea.â?
She replied, watching Mena making herself comfortable on the ground and Sarathya leaning against her pack, legs stretched out. They would have a long journey the next day and it was best that they all rest and Wyn did feel quite tired from her vigil in the pit. She gave a smile to Rios and nodded â??T-thank you.â?? she replied and in short order she was eating a bowl of soup as well as some flatbread and dried fruit. Once down she yawned and blinked tiredly, getting out a blanket and bedroll from her pack. Sarathya blinked â??Watch. We shall have to divide time in the night for all of us to watch for any approaching people.â? She stated, having the idea that that would be quite important.

After Wyn ate, everyone began to unwind and rolled out their bedrolls. Everyone except for Corvo that was. As Sarathya suggested, someone did need to keep watch. Who was more perfect for doing such a thing than Corvo? She was used to traveling, and was a fairly light sleeper. Anything emitting magical energy would stir her awake, and loud noises would definitely wake her. She decided she'd just let everyone else fall asleep before nodding off herself. When she woke in the morning, she'd come up with something to explain why she didn't wake anyone else to the others. Or she'd just dodge answering any questions about it.

"Why don't you all just get some rest? I'll take the first watch," she said softly. Rios looked as if he were about to protest, but Corvo shot him a look. She looked like she was smiling, but there was something about the expression that seemed to tell him not to bother even trying to say a thing. He laid down on his bedroll, which was located beside Wyn's, and covered himself up. After everyone settle in, Corvo leaned back against one of her bags and closed her eye.

When her eye opened once more, she was standing in. . .a strange looking field. The sky was dark, yet light at the same time. There was thunder in the background, but no sign of lightning anywhere. "Well, isn't this strange," she mused.

"Corvo? You're here too," Rios said. He was standing just behind her with everyone else. It seemed to be a dream but. . .somehow, it felt way to real to be one. If he remembered this dream when he woke, he wouldn't know how to explain it to the others.

Sarathya nodded simply â??That is fine, wake me for the next watch.â? She stated and Mena waved a hand â??I can go after, leave the pale lass te sleep.â? She commented, nodding at Wyn who was half asleep, the girl privately hoping she wouldnâ??t float in her sleep like she usually did. Her family was well used to it, joking lightly, but she didnâ??t want to see what her new companions would think if they would her floating three feet in the air in the morning. Mena leaned back and closed her eyes, wrapping a blanket tightly against her body knowing that her animal friends wouldnâ??t visit her tonight. She would have to sleep away from the group if she wanted to have company, but it was best to stay near the others for now.

Sarathya felt herself fall into a light sleep and blinked as she found herself standing on a wide plain. The sky above brewed with a oncoming storm and thunder rolled in the air. This was much different then her usual dreams, there were without detail, murky and ill defined. However she could feel the ground under her feet and the wind blowing through her hair. She arched a brow in mild surprise at seeing Corvo and Rios, looking over to find Mena who was looking around swiftly and Wyn who was frowning in faint confusion. â??And what do ye think this means?â? the wildmage asked as the pale girl beside her shrugged.

"I don't think we're dreaming. There's something. . .off about this place," Rios said. He closed his eyes to focus on the air around him. When he opened them once again, he caught a glance from Corvo. She didn't say anything, but somehow, he felt he understood what she may have wanted to asked him. He thought over all of the things that he felt carefully before he spoke once more. "Yes. . .there is a lot of spiritual energy here. Much more than the forest where we were before. I really don't know how to describe the difference but it's clear that we aren't in the forest anymore."

Corvo stretched her arms over her head and sighed. "I don't have any answers myself. I'm sure we'll find out why we're all here soon enough," she said, speaking with that usual drawl to her voice. Her eye settled upon the sky. Suddenly, the odd feeling in the air intensified, and the lightning flashes became more and more frequent. Something was coming.

About ten yards away, a bolt of lightning crashed down before the group, bright enough to temporarily blind them all. When their vision returned, they would see a figure standing before them, a man with long, shaggy hair and an impish grin on his face. He carried in one hand, a staff, and wore long robes that were green in color. He tapped the staff against the ground and began to twirl it about in a fancy manner, then tossed it up in the air. He took a slight step forward, pointing towards the heavens. His staff landed on the tip of his finger.

Corvo began to clap. Whoever this strange man was, he was quite skilled. Rios seemed very uneasy around this man, taking a step back as the man drew in closer.

"No need ta worry lad, if I wanted ye dead your brain'd be splattered al'over the place already. Or I'd make soup of em. Brain soup? Doesn't sound too appetizing now that I think about it," the man said. The accent the man spoke with was much like the one Mena spoke with, only, it seemed to be thicker. His eyes turned up to the sky and he began to look around, using a fancy motion of his hand to flip his staff into a position so that it was easier to carry. "Ahm sure you're all wonderin' why yer here. I'd tell start explainin' things but we're short one member of our meet. It'd be rude to start without the last member of our party, wouldn't it" the man asked, folding his arms over his chest.

Mena nodded slowly, looking around â??The air feels charged, like that stormâ??s about to break but much stronger.â? She mused, taking what she had felt in nature many times and applying it to this matter. Sarathya agreed privately with Rios and Mena, this place felt odd, as if the area around them was taking a collective breath and holding it. Wyn was very confused, how had they gotten here? Why did this place feel so strange and she rubbed her arms carefully as she kept hearing snatches of song and music, shaking her head lightly. â??S-somehow C-corvo th-thatâ??s n-not com-comforting.â? She managed at the womanâ??s commented and yelped, throwing her hands to cover her eyes as the lightning flared, creating bright spots against her eyelids. Mena swore and did the same and Sarathya turned her face away. Once the light faded, the three women paused and stared at the new comer, Mena looked a bit wary, impressed and confused, Sarathya was reaching for her sword and Wyn was frowning, recognition in her eyes, â??Of course it would, it would also be a poor thing for us to not know who it is we are speaking too.â? The half-elf pointed out and Wyn shook her head â??I-itâ??s C-c-Chaos. God of an-anarchy and t-t-turmoil.â? She stated, sure of this, after all she had studied as many legends as she could get her hands on.

Chaos stopped, then turned his attention to Wyn. He took a step forward, then seemed to vanish from sight. He reappeared standing directly in front of Wyn, in the center of the group of companions. A scowl seemed to twist onto his face as he looked down into her eyes. "Anarchy and turmoil? Hardly. That's Discord's job. Trickery, madness, that's mah job lass, you best not be forgettin' it," he said sternly. He waited for a moment, to see that recognition of fear in her eyes before a wide grin formed on his face and he gave her shoulder a rough slap. "Ahm jus' kiddn, no need to be gettin' all shakey."

He disappeared once more, this time appearing behind the group. His eyes turned up towards the sky, seeking any sign of Discord's arrival. "He's doin' this on purpose I assure ye, bein' late an all. For someone who's s'pposed to be causin' all kinds a trouble, he's a rather punctual lad he is," Chaos said. That punctuality was a very reliable when it came to Chaos planning and timing out his own schemes. Every now and then, he and Discord would do something of this nature just to get under the skin of each other.

Rios was unnerved. They were standing before the Chaos, said to be the most unstable of them all. With a flick of wrist, he could kill every last one of them! But what business did the Mad God have with them? And the one that he was waiting for was Discord? Could this situation possibly get any worse than it already was? "Calm down. I'm sure if there were any intention of harm on his part, we would all be dead already," Corvo said resting a hand on Rios' shoulder. And she was right. This was a God they were standing before. He could bring death upon them all if he wanted to and they would never know of it.

"Or worse m'dear. Death or worse. Mortals. . .always seem to forget the most important things," Chaos chimed

Wyn swallowed and had no doubt whatsoever that she was looking into the mad eyes of a god, the weight of power, of worlds and ages weighed on her and she froze, blue-violet eyes frantic. Her knees buckled as he slapped her shoulder, the god was huge and his strength was nothing to sneeze at. When he vanished she gave a sigh of relief.

The sky above suddenly roiled in a variety of colours, red, greens, oranges and even puce. Silently a man appeared at Chaosâ??s side, snapping shut a silver pocket watch. He was a man of average height, dressed in a immaculate dove grey suit with an iron grey tie. He was pale, with eyes that were a strange cold shade of grey-black, the colour of lustreless steel. He was thin, angular and his eyes swept over them all, gaze flat and measuring, seeming to find each and every one of them lacking. His hair was black close-cropped to his skull, his chin was pointed and his face composed into a bored mask as Chaos complain before speaking â??These are our Chosen. I had thought they would be more impressive. How disappointing Chaos, I am regretting this venture already.â? He stated, having a very strange voice. He had the air of one that could instill thought and emotion into whomever he wanted, doubt, turmoil and distrust with one word. His words made Mena flush angrily, Sarathya clenched a jaw and Wyn went to a normal humanâ??s shade, looking at her feet, in that simple sentence he had been able to make them all feel small and worthless.

Discord did not seem to notice or care and he watched them levelly â??I am Discord, the second in this venture, you have been chosen by us for a task, one that will alter the Fate Lines of the world itself, should you succeed of course.â? He commented blandly, inflicting his belief that their chance of doing so was infinitesimal. He looked at Chaos and arched a brow â??Will you stop making inane comments and explain things or shall I undertake this task on my own?â? he added pointedly.

• "Ya know Discord, Ah don' like yer attitude. You should try an' pull that stick out of her arse," Chaos said folding his arms. He cut his eyes toward Discord, looking angry and almost disgusted. It looked as if he was trying to keep himself from balling up his fist and pounding on the other God's face. He sighed heavily, then twirled his staff above his head. Suddenly, his hand tightened around the staff and slammed against the floor, his left hand coming to rest atop the small crystal orb there.

"Since yer all here, Ah guess it's about time ah explain everythin' to ya. You should all listen up, Ah don' make a habit of repeatin mahself. Well. . .sometimes. . .there's always exceptions to things. Like if this were a funny story or somethin'. But this isn't funny, this is serious! There's somethin strange goin on in your world, and we don' know what it is! Someone else is goin' around and. . .well, causin' chaos and discord everywhere, and it isn't us! Ah mean, we do have our own plan's and the like but this isn't anythin' like what we had in mind. This is just crazy! And if it keeps up, ah dunno what's goin 'to be happenin' to yer world.

"So plain and simple, you're goin' ta find out what the problem is and fix it for us. We can't nae trample in yer realm as we please, even if we are Gods. You lot were the best we could scrape together, so ya better not fail. Sure there are other meat sacks out there, but none of'em will be as useful as you," Chaos said.

This certainly wasn't what Rios was expecting. Drawn through the dream realm to the spiritual realm by the Gods Chaos and Discord, and told that they were to figure out what strange things were going on in the land? How the hell were they supposed to do that! They were the most fit for this journey apparently, but what did that mean? Did that mean they were the group of people who stood the best chance of getting through all of this together? That there was something special about them? Chaos was being much to vague for Rios to completely understand.

"Excuse me," Corvo said, raising a hand to get the God's attention. "I'm not sure your explanation was clear enough for all of us to understand what you meant. Would it be too much of a problem to ask for clarification," she asked. It didn't matter that they were talking to Gods, a short tempered one and a snobbish one, she was confused and she wanted clearer answers from these beings. If they killed her for it, so be it. It really didn't matter to her what became of her, so long as her question was answered.[/list:u][/list:u]

Discord looked at him blandly â??You have not enjoyed my view of things since before this small planet came into existence, Gods do not change easily, and they do not change at all, so I will not alter any time in the future.â? He replied voice blank as always. It looked as if he did not care about Chaosâ??s anger and if he tried to strike him he would find it very difficult to do so. He turned to the mortals, letting Chaos explain things in his own rambling way. One of the humans, one that seemed more observant and interested instead of utterly bewildered spoke and he looked at her, the power of ages and something beyond humanity in his gaze.

He saw her thoughts with a trace of dispassionate amusement, what use would an answer be for her if she was dead? â??The Gods are losing power; the shift of balance that has been standing for millennia is changing. New Gods are coming into focus, others find their power waning. The fate of the world, of all races is turning on a new axis. I for one would usually prefer to leave things to change as they will, more will turn to me in time, but the change is not one I relish. It is disturbing the balance of the universe, and even as a chaotic god that revels in such madness it would bring about the end, something that I do not wish to see.â? He stated, his tone flat as ever, with a faint dry tone that beggared the question

â??We do not know which of our brothers and sisters are causing this, but we do know that mortals are being Chosen, as we have Chosen you. In time you will be guided to them and they must be stopped, they are watched by the Avatars of the Gods that have chosen them, that is all we know.â? He finished, looking at Corvo blandly, not caring if she was satisfied or now.

Wyn was utterly confused, in a short span of time from being stuck in a bear trap to being pulled out by a group of odd folk to now standing in the prescence of the Gods of Chaos and Discord was staggering. A part of her mind that made her a bard was coolly noting this all with as much detail as possible. There of course, was a song here, one that begged to be written.

Mena was not far behind in her confusion. Her religious knowledge was little; she herself knew the powers of Wild Magic, called the gods by most, Leaf and Star by the Elves and The Herdsman by the Centaurs. Other gods, of Chaos and Discord and other such things werenâ??t as strong in her mind, but to see them here before her of course made her believe in them. The thought of being guided by these two did not make her happy but she stayed silent and listened, if it was for the good of the worldâ?¦how could she refuse?

Sarathya watched quietly, not speaking or asking questions. She was more content to listen intently and keep a eye for her companions reactions. Rios, Mena and young Wyn all seemed to be confused, a small blame to them and Corvo was of course inquisitive a dangerous thing. Though it did not seem to cause harm yet, the half-elf felt that both Godsâ?? tempers would be mercurial shifting at random. The idea that they had been chosen for a task that would change the world seemed to be a farce, she had no idea how they would do so, much less how well they would work together. It was enough to manage her own life and unknown past, to walk on a quest that would change the fate of the Realm itself? It seemed less then possible. She ran a hand along the hilt of her sword, watching her companions and the Gods wondering if she was alone in her thoughts.

Chaos didn't know whether to snap or maintain his composure now. As usual, Discord was purposefully pissing him off and it was driving him mad. About as mad as the mad-God could be driven anyway. But like Discord, Chaos looked into the minds of the five mortals before him. He sensed all kinds of emotions, but there were views of them made by two people in particular that piqued his interest. The views were completely opposite of each other.

The first was the view of the half-elf. Sarathya as she called herself now. Her mind was a mystery to her, but not to him. He could see everything, from the first sight that she took in, to the moment she lost her memory, up until now. Like all mortals standing before a God, she was but an open book to him. Though most of the others were confused and uneasy, she seemed to keep her wits about herself. What was more, she was suspecting both of the Gods of playing some kind of trick on them. Gods asking mortals for help? It seemed preposterous. The truth was, none of the Gods were in a position to make a move right now. Acting without certainty would only lead to chaos. And though they were both Gods of disorder, causing a war between themselves and other Gods would only lead to destruction.

That movement of her hand along the hilt of her blade was a threatening gesture, but one that was not foreign to her. He'd excuse it this time.

Then then there was the view of Corvo, the woman with the eye patch. Her thoughts were much different. She believed them, if for no other reason, the sole fact that they were standing here in the presence of Gods. This wasn't just a dream. That was something that she was well aware of for several reasons. She barely knew any of the people that were here in her mind with her. Their appearance, their voices, their gestures, their reactions, their thoughts. . .everything was just too vivid. And though these were Gods with the reputations of being pranksters, and the root cause of many tragedies in history, there was just something about this situation that she could feel that the others didn't.

And that was because of her experiences in the world. She faced creatures that the others could only imagine coming across in their dreams. The power of those things was growing, wildly, and much faster than ever before.

"Well now, isn't this gettin' interestin? Ah think we made'em piss their pants enough for nae Discord. We've got matters to attend to, so we'll be lettin' you all handle things from 'ere. Whether ye believe us 'er not, you'll be seein' evidence of things soon enough. Pass yer judgments then," Chaos said. He tapped his staff against the ground, a grin forming on his face. "It's about time ye get yer arses up and get movin', ye got work to do!"

For some reason, his words seemed to have a strange effect on them. The field would seemingly melt, much like the ground seemed to in the extreme heat of the sun. And then, everything would go white.

Corvo jolted awake, almost falling face first onto the ground. Up above, the sun was slowly starting to rise. Everything that had happened while she was in her sleep was still vivid in her mind. She ran her fingers back through her hair, pushing the dark bangs back out of her hair a bit, then allowing them to fall back into place as they would. The second person who seemed to come out of their sleep was Rios. With just a glance, it was easy to tell what was going through his mind - he was wondering if she happened to see all of the same things that he had. She merely nodded her head in recognition.

Rios couldn't believe it. Though he wondered if the others had seen the same thing, he was almost certain now that they had. They were being. . .sent on a mission to save the world by the two Gods who always seemed bent on destroying it. In no way did that make sense, and he was sure that the others would have a hard time believing it too. But Chaos did say that they would see things for themselves soon enough, and to make their decision then on whether or not to believe them. Rios wondered if the group would be seeing the Gods again after whatever happened.

If Discord realized that he was irritating the other god he did not either let on that he noticed, or cared enough about Chaos's ire to let on that he was aware. They had been partnered gods for beyond millennia and would be still, it was second nature for both of them to prod the other. After all it was only gods that could really affect the other overmuch, human and Elves and the other races lived such mayfly lives that they hardly registered.

This group did however. All of them had the aura of change and destiny about them. Whether it was because the young bard would be famous one day or find what she sought; the Wildmage would find her place in the world as someone credible, or aid this group in altering the world; the half elf would find her past and gain redemption, they would all be part of the next change of the world itself. Of course he did not share these view, mortals had the knack of falling into entirely different destinies that the gods saw. The Fetch bard could be burned at the stake for being half undead, the Wildmage could be stoned to death in some country that did not tolerate magic, the half elf could be killed in battle, unsung and unremembered.

The Kindly Ones, the Fates, whatever they preferred to be called could take any whim in their head. So it was for him and Chaos to intervene where they could and hope for some measure of success. Though he could appreciate the irony of trying to turn chaos and discord to something more than their own amusement.

Even with his usual outlook that nothing could surprise him, and that most everything was a disappointment he felt that if nothing these mortals would get the closest to the goal that they were Chosen for. Perhaps it was Chaosâ??s excitement or the clear, level gaze of the eye patched woman, but there was potential here, in all of them even the innocent farm boy and bard. He watched the half-elf rest her hand on the hilt of her blade, she kept the same mannerisms that she had her whole life. It was also interesting to see that she was a Chosen of another, the Elven god, well that would not interfere with their plans and would maybe even help them. He would leave that be. It could prove to be useful after all.

She had after all faced beings that were featured in stories to frighten children, demons, that many believed did not expect, like Corvo she walked a separate path and both of them would be essential, the half elf had been a commander long ago and her warrior instincts were needed, Corvoâ??s clear minded and forthright thinking would aid them in taking the risks needed when the others may falter.

â??They are confused, that is certain. All you will see on this path will give you doubt, will show you things that you do not want to see. If you falter that is the fault of your mortal selves, and the world will fall. Do not disappoint us, though I am not entirely faithful on that.â? Good, he saw the thinning of the half elfâ??s lips and the flash of defiance in the Wildmageâ??s eyes, even the timid bard had a glint of steel in her eyes. Exactly what he had wanted.

The world blurred and softened around them and Sarathya could feel her body become tense and corded, ready to fight. That was probably why she awoke with her sword drawn and her body rolling upwards into a crouched readied position. Blinking she frowned, slowly sheathing her blade as Wyn stirred, carefully touching the bedroll under her head and looking briefly relieved before that was replaced with confusion at what she had seen. Some feet away a few squirrels, a rabbit and a chipmunk darted from the Wildmageâ??s bedroll and the woman sat up brow arched.
â??Well, that was strange now, wasnae it? Donâ?? tell me te didnae see what I did in my dreams.â? She stated, the first person to bring it up in discussion.

• Both Corvo and Rios watched as Sarathya suddenly sprang to life, rolling away from her spread and drawing her weapon as if she were ready to take on anyone or anything. The reaction was to be expected of a warrior of her caliber after their strange dream. If that could even be called a dream. It seemed more as if all of their consciences had been pulled from their bodies and into some alternate plane of existence. Or perhaps, they visited the realm of the Gods themselves. No one really knew for sure, but it was clear that what they had all experienced was no ordinary dream. Wyn slowly stirred awake after Sarathya, then Mena came to as well. With that, the group was all up and ready to get going it seemed. They were definitely going to have to have a long talk about their strange nightly venture though.

"I think it's safe to say that you weren't the only one," Corvo replied, a bemused grin playing upon her lips. "I can say with certain that I saw it all, and that Rios here did as well. I would wager that Sarathya did as well, seeing the way she woke, and guessing from Wyn's expression, she's probably just as confused as the rest of us are, so it's perhaps safe to say that she saw it all as well." Just from the way they all woke, their gestures, and their expressions, the somewhat enigmatic eye patch wearing woman was able to deduce that they all saw the vision of the Gods. It wouldn't have been hard for any of them to do the same really.

"Right. So I wager now is the part where we start trying to figure out what the hell we just saw, right," Rios said, taking hold of his staff. For him, holding his staff was like a child holding a blanket. It was his security. It could be used as both a weapon, and a conduit for his magical energy so that he could summon a spirit to assist him, protect him, or attack an enemy. After what those Gods, Chaos and Discord said, he wasn't planning on taking any chances. If something was coming for them, gunning for their lives, it would have to be ready to fight to the death. He wouldn't die without a fight.

More than that, he was worried about disappointing the Gods. It wouldn't bode well to die before completing their task, as he feared it was quite possible that they would end up as the plaything of the deity's in death. That was. . .just not something that he would be able to look forward to. Ever.

"I suppose. Then again, if what they said is indeed the truth, we'll soon see with our own two eyes just what they were talking about," Corvo said, recalling the somewhat complicated words of Chaos, and the more calm and collected words of Discord. "We're all a bit skeptical here I think. Perhaps the safest thing to do would be to stick together until we see some sign, or lack thereof, of this chaos they spoke of. Maybe then would be the best time for us all to gather and talk about things. At least then, we'll know that what they've said was true - at least in some sense - and we'll all believe it."

"Do you believe it at all now," Rios asked, looking towards the woman.

"I'm inclined not to take the words of our Gods lightly, especially not after what we saw last night. However, I'm not entirely convinced that their words are truth. It's hard to, considering this is Chaos and Discord we speak of. For all we know, they could be tricking us into causing trouble. From my own experiences, what they've said isn't that far off. Something is happening, that much I'm sure of. I am convinced it would be best if we all saw the truth for ourselves."

Seeing the truth for himself. Rios liked the sound of that. He wasn't being swayed by the others, but making a decision based one what he accepted as fact. Or at least, he was weighing the evidence and doing as he thought was best. "That's why you suggested waiting then? It sounds like a smart move to me, smarter than any sort of move I could think of making in this situation. If that is the case, then I agree whole heartedly. What about everyone else?"[/list:u][/list:u]

Back
Top Bottom