Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[DnD 5e] Welcome to Ixalan

Status
Not open for further replies.

east

Supernova
It's been a rough ride the past three days, and if it weren't for the heavy fog you would now be able to see the mainland on the horizon of your voyage. Since it's departure the Schooner has had to sail through rough waters, and storms so bad that even a few of the more experienced sailors that make up it's crew seemed worried for a moment, the decks have been a flurry of activity, and high alert, but finally the seas have settled, the winds have calmed, and the sounds of the ocean have relaxed to the distance you can hear birds, and have over heard the crew that if all is well you should make landfall on the mainland by late evening as long as the current and winds hold.

The Praxis Once a cargo ship now re-purposed into a ferry has three decks. The top sundeck is still wet from the nights storms, and the crew are currently in a rushed haze to fix everything, unfurl the masts and make use of the more useful air. The second deck is the cannon's and cabins. The back of the boat having been repurposed to give as much privacy as possible to the fleeing refugees, with about 5 individual rooms, and four larger shared rooms that can house six in overflow.

The bottom of the ship, is still a cargo hold, though they had done their best to reshape some of it, to allow for a few more refugees, there is one additional cabin down here, however unlike all other rooms this one has had a guard posted on it at all times.

The top deck also has two doors, one that leads to the quarters of Captain Brask A half orc sailor who's voice and orders could be heard clearly even over the most violent winds of the storm. He's a middle aged sailor currently assisting his crew in teing down the lines.

Additionally as this is the first time that all is quiet along the waters, one of the crew has set up a galley on the sun deck, and is currently giving out food from a large stock of porrige, the few children are served first. The crew member doing so has been called Gram Gram and seems to be a kindly old woman, who has been unusually steady on their feet.

among the few tables in the mids of the ship you have witnessed some gambling, cards mostly, and there are a few work songs in the air now that the crew is having a chance to relax.

Perched high in the rigging, staring ahead at the endless sight of the sea, Voleen rested. A single eye stayed open, watching for anything. A ship, a reef, anything new through the fog. Divested of her usual leather and soft fabrics, she had swapped them out for more traditional sailor's garb. Quick fingers and a strong pull had endeared her to many of the crew, and she was allowed to help out - from time to time.

An occasional glance downwards to assess the state of the crew and refugees was interesting, and she watched a couple arguing about something, a fight over some dice being swiftly broken up by impatient sailors, and she could even see exactly what had gone into the porridge. Nothign bad, mind you, but as bulked-up as it is, it's a good thing the kids are eating first.

Swinging back down to deck nimbly, Vo keeps an eye out for several of the more interesting people she had espied amongst the refugees. Some arcane lady, with that frizzy black hair that was just asking to be grabbed in a brawl, the lightly dressed lady with crossbow and slightly sorrowful demeanour, and the last - that one lizard-girl, with such a long alluring tail.

A slight shrug led Vo over to the galley since the kids had finally finished eating.

"Supplies holding up alright? Not easy to feed all of us lot and yourselves..." She said to Gram Gram with a disarming grin, noting the sharp gaze and attentiveness of the older crewmate.

Below decks Kataigida would be frequenting the gambling tables, trying her hands at the card games. It was a familiar thing really, as she would try and stat even, swearing and cursing when she lost, in the traditional and acceptable manner of mercenaries, and if she won enough to go over her initial stake, why, she bought drinks if she could. In a fashion, as she laughs and shamelessly flirts and tries to grope any man or woman near, it was not for the money. Rather, it was to keep occupied, even if she had been avoiding starting a brawl.

Shaking her head, the dragonborn would sigh. She was looking forward to landfall, to the fights... and maybe see if some of the locals are any good in the sack!

Amelie was raised by a harbormaster who loved to fish. She had frequented the docks, and was handy enough to be a fisherman's assistant when she was young. But that was part of her other life. It all seemed so distant before, but as the longer she spent on the schooner, the more vivid her memories became. When the storms hit, she was one of the few refugees who knew what to do. The crew had welcomed her assistance, and in return she earned a strange bond of kinship with them.

In her downtime, Amelie kept mostly to herself. There were many others aboard but she was unsure what to say to them. Her reasons for leaving were both the same and very different. Yes, her village had suffered a trial by fire and lost, but she had left with a purpose. While so many others hung their heads in hopelessness or despair, Amelie held hers upright on the hope that her faith was guiding her to a brighter future. But how could she explain that to these people without giving away her secrets? She had tried once. A very small child had done nothing but cry the first night. They were alone; sent ahead of the other family because only 1 fare could be paid. Amelie had tried to comfort them by singing the Song of the Deep very softly, but the child didn't understand. Since then, the child had kept their distance, but Amelie felt those wide, scared eyes watching her whenever she was below decks.

For the most part, the adults had kept their distance. She didn't blame them. Amelie took no great pains to hide what she was: a warlock. Many mistook her for a witch or sorcerer, but most disliked her just the same. Had she been more inclined to be social, Amelie might have introduced herself to the other 'outcasts' on this boat. But the storm and her journal had kept her busy for the last three days. With the weather now making a turn for the better, she decided it would be wise to at least acquaint herself with a couple people on this boat.

The storms were all but over as Amelie thumbed an old book. She kept it safely in her bundle of posessions while she was helping the sailors, or clutched it dearly when she wasn't. The faded pages of her timeworn journal had kept her company every day since she left. To most, it looked like lines of gibberish and numbers, but Amelie knew it's secrets. The journal had been her fathers, and it was the only thing she'd taken from the house on the night she ran away to drown herself. At the time, she had needed the star charts in it to make sure her rowboat was at the right position. That was 10 years ago. The front pages were old and the writing dated, but the back half held her own notes and coordinates. The last few days she had been furiously busy with the preparations & the ritual, the unexpected destruction of her home and the ensuing flight to the mainland. It had been so crazy that she hadn't had a chance to write any of it down. Thankfully the ship voyage wasn't all stormy seas and bad weather. Only the first three days had been like that.

When the storm finally broke and the danger seemed over, Amelie took a moment to enjoy the view. The balmy ocean still thrashed about, but the torrents had ceased and it seemed the boat would be allowed safe passage now. Amelie looked out over the churning waters and whispered a blessing to Mother Hydra and Father Dagon. She was indeed blessed. Her stomach growled in response. Even those blessed by the Ancient Ones required sustenance.

Amelie lingered at the ship rail. She loved the sea, always had. There was something deep and mysterious about it that called to her. Perhaps it was her faith, perhaps not. Her stomach protested louder this time. As Amelie turned away from the railing, one of the matronly crew arrived topside with a makeshift galley of sorts. She had prepared some kind of gruel and was serving the children. Amelie joined the few adults gathered around and waited for her turn. As it turned out, the meal was porridge and while it was not overly tasty, it was warm and filling. She graciously accepted her portion and sat with the other refugees for the meal.

Her eyes cast about as she ate. Yes, there were definitely some interesting folk on this boat. While she didn't see the dragonkind at the moment, the sea- worthy orc woman was nearby. As Amelie watched her, she wondered if this woman had any relation to the captain since he was also an orc. Perhaps she would ask? Yes. The best way to make acquaintances was to say hello, after all.

Amelie approached gram- gram and the orc woman in silence and tapped the second one on the shoulder. "Hello. I noticed you out there during the storm, and just now up in the rigging. You've got good sea legs. I just wanted to say thanks. I'm Amelie, by the way."

Among all the green skins on board one more would not have been that interesting. Not even that she was female, but the unusual blue eyes and long silverish blue hair made her an oddity. Dreana stood apart by being one of the working crew, instead of being among the refugees, still, it was obvious it was not her ship, not her crew - even if she was following the captain's words like the others.

Now, as the weather made it possible, she even lost the hooded wind-cloak she had been wearing until now, leaving her toned body almost fully naked, with only some sea-animal's skin covering her privates - more for the sake of the crew and refuges, than anything. The distinctive face tattoo and piercings indeed made her look exotic, but the more perceptive could see the slightly webbed fingers and the almost hidden gills on the side of her neck, under all of that hair and the shark teeth necklace she wore - with only one big piece hanging from some kind of leather.

She got ready to dive if it was needed or possible, keeping a lenght of sea-silk rope and a tree-ponged spear at hand. Also, if the oval shark skin covered wooden shield with the javelins near by was a good indicator, she would be protecting the people and the ship to against outside attackers... Even if she really did not wanted to do that. Dreana was not a happy girl, and would not be until she was let go to submerge herself into the sea. Not having a land-home any more to get back to, and - even if they let her return - unable to live in her underwater one, she was truly between two worlds... But maybe this new place could be her new home once...

The young man from the far north tended to try to keep to himself at first. The voyage had been ruff most of all on the children who were often too young to fully understand what was happening around them so he took to telling stories. Unlike any normal storyteller, Nalven illustrated his stories with magic and often even included sound. This helped to calm the children and keep them out of the sailor's hair which was his way of contributing, not really having the strength nor the training to aid on the ship.

The children also knew if they did not like the taste of their meal they could come and beg Nalven to change it to something more palatable. That was where he usually could be found surrounded by kids telling stories as they ate and occasionally changing the flavor of the food, ice cream seemed to be the most popular trend. He was up on deck making sure no one hassled Gram Gram till all the children at, animating a story about a plucky princess who was captured by a dragon but found she preferred helping said dragon rather than being a princess and the hilarity that ensued when people tried to rescue her.

Gram Gram was now more focused on the refugees, the children now having the bowl of food, and ensnared by the story that Nalven was spinning. Mostly laughing along and giggling at the antics of the story, and the illusion puppets he created. The parents thankful for the distraction that the wizard offered, were kind enough to gather what they could, and after his show had concluded an older gentleman came forward to offer 21 silver towards him.

Above decks there was a sense of growing ease, the sun higher up, and the winds began to warm over the morning, but there had been no clearing of the thick fog around them, however as morning moved on, the sounds of shore could be heard in the distance carried over the water with the faint cry of seaguls and other land birds.

Gram Gram raised her eyes towards the young half orc who had asked about supplies and chuckled for a moment. "Oh aren't you a sweet one." She said looking over voleen. Her serving of pourage getting doubled as he looked at the half orc. "I should introduce you to my son, i'm sure he would just love you." She said gesturing towards the direction of the captain.

"Supplies are the easy part we have enough stuff in the lower deck to last at least two more days it's making it palatable that's the hard part I do what I can my dear, but I'm afraid it's not much."She gestured over to the fact that the porridge was a rather bland affair she had done what she could with sugars and salts, but it lacked any and all taste, as had most of the meals they had brought aboard. "Most of the ports we visit can't afford re-supply since were taking in refugees, so the admiral has to do what he can to keep the line running."

Eyes of suspicion were constantly cast towards Amelie, however no action was directly against her. As she looked out at the headcount of the children however she would notice that she couldn't find the one she had sang too among them.

~~

Below decks was currently occupied by the crew of the ship. What Kataigida would notice was just how much money the sailors would gamble with. Gold flowed hands not in the fives or tens, but easily in the hundreds, and most games with the crew members were too rich for your blood.

However she was at one point flagged over by a young red headed dwarf "Me Name's Yurf, we don't see many of your kind, and you look like you want to get in on a game, so I tell you what, I'll pay your buy in, for a kiss."

Yurf gave her a slight wink, and offered her the open seat next to him.

However off to the corner, and a little away Kataigida she would feel a strange set of eyes on her, a young boy, with dark shadowed eyes off to a corner of the room, he looked as though he hadn't eaten or slept in the three days since they had arrived aboard the ship, and when he was spotted, immediately turned and ran below decks making odd jumpy movements as they ran off.

~~

"Dreana!" The sure voice of captain Brask came across the deck as he walked up towards the druid. "We can't see a thing in this fog, and we are approaching Shallows. We've started to slow our speed, but I want to get into port as quickly as possible."

Not wanting to speak openly about possible problems the sailors knew that they couldn't take things too easily aboard the ship. They were closing in on Galt's cove, which was their destination, but if they wanted to get their sooner they needed some way to navigate. "Any chance you can do anything below waters, that you can't do up here?"

"If you slow down at least to a man's walking speed, I can guide you to the deepest, widest point in two ship's distance... Maybe further, if the water is clear enough. But I sure can tell if the ship is in danger of crashing... But you would need someone to watch the rope. Its direction, and if it is getting slack..." while there was experience behind her words, Dreana's thoughts was already under the water, getting ready to leave the somewhat crowded and smelly ship. She put her shield and other weapons close to the point where the other end of the rope was, if she needed it later.

Taking only a dagger for the job, snugly tied to her left upper arm by its sheat, the only strip of leather she kept was her necklace that she tied into her silverish blue hair to stop it from getting in the way of swimming. Leaving behind the strips of skin that consisted her ensemble, she jumped with the end of the rope into the waves. She would only resurface when she was in position, and after that only if she had to confer something that was impossible by rope.

Any kind of sea-life that could spice up the food, for one. Maybe even if there was enough food close by to harvest part of it... Otherwise she would be primarily looking out for danger.

Laughing, she would lean down and forward, to give the dwarf a kiss, lips pressing against his, even as her tongue, which was similar in taste to copper and sea salt, trying to slip in, her form angled enough, mainly due to the differences in height, so that he would have a good look down her shirt. Still, there had been mirth, as she settled down in the offered seat, and an eye ridge rose a touch. "Ya offer that to all the women, or just the tall ones?"

There was amusement in her tone, a sort of interest that was at the same time not particularly bothered with what the reply would be. And why would she be? Either one was fine enough by her, and he was cute enough for a tumble in the bunk, if that was what he was after. Besides, dwarves might not be big, but they have stamina!

An eye would dart to the corner for a moment, taking note of the kid. Undead? Maybe. Or just odd. There were enough of those around. She would not pry... unless he wanted a little drink right from her tap, in which case she will educate him on why that would be unwise.

The wizard looks curiously at the offered money wondering if it is more polite to accept or refuse in this situation.

Are you sure? I enjoy it as much if not more than the children and I am happy for the practice. It is my way of contributing to this voyage.

If the man insists the wizard takes the money. He then goes and asks Gram Gram for some food, having heard what she said about not being able to make it taste great he offers help.

I do not mean to offend Gram Gram but if you want I can help by making the food taste like whatever someone wishes.... it is not much but you won't have to worry about it.

785e0b6a16b81a9c487333754b4315ca--fantasy-tribe-desert-warrior.jpg

Tengee

Standing by herself, looking back the way the ship had come, the mocha skinned girl girl could be mistaken for tall. She had a tight, toned body, with round hips and proud bosom. Though not showing nearly as much skin as the green girl with the silver hair, her brown boiled leather costume revealed enough to show she took pride in her body—her strength and her beauty.

A random onlooker might be a bit surprised, then, when she turned away from her contemplation of the past to find that she was a head shorter than many of the women she past. The mocha skinned girl made her way over to Gram Gram in time to join up with the gathering. She flashed the wizard a litlte smile. “Oh. I was about to offer some magic of my own, honestly. I could ease the burden on our supplies by feeding myself and a few others. If your supplies are holding out, though, I should probably save that power in case it's needed for other things.”

She gave the others a smile as well, then. “My name is Tengee by the way.”

Amelie was not used to being ignored. She was different, yes, and because of that she often garnered strange looks. In the short time that she had rejoined society for, it had become the new normal. Everyone stares, no one speaks. So why should this encounter be any different?

As Amelie moved to leave, two others stepped out from the crowd and stood beside gram- gram: a dark skinned beauty like herself and a very pretty elven man. The man was casting some sort of spell over the porridge and the children who tasted the altered food were giggling with glee and gulping it down. It made her curious enough to ask.

"Excuse me, but whatever you're doing you the food.. could you do it to mine?" She smiled in a way that she hoped was sweet. "I'm Amelie, by the way. It's really nice of you to do this for us. Especially the kids."

Amelie turned towards the dark skinned girl when an introduction was made. She was certain this girl was talking to this guy, but since she was there too, she also said hi. "Nice to meet you, Tengee. I'm Amelie. I thunk it's great what you magic users are doing for everyone onboard." What else could she say? Suddenly the conversation became startlingly awkward for Amelie. She wanted to leave, but she'd just interacted with two more people. There was no way she could bow out gracefully groom this, so instead she shifted her weight and stood in place.

The deck was bustling with activity now, and her eyes skimmed the line. Children in the front, followed by the elderly and the pregnant, then the able-bodied women and men. Something seemed off though. She stared closely at the line, but it took several minutes before she noticed it. The scared boy with the big eyes was nowhere on sight. Usually he kept himself within eyesight of her, and she had caught him watching her countless times before. She scanned the deck carefully, but didnt see him anywhere.

It occurred to her that if the child wasn't above decks, then he was below. If he was below decks and missed this meal, he wouldn't be fed until the next mealtime. Amelie had felt somewhat responsible for him since that first night when she sang him the song of the deep to help calm his nerves. She knew he had no one to help him on this voyage, so she'd kind of appointed herself to that role. She decided to check below decks once her lame attempt at conversation finished up.

"Heh, thanks Grams! He's quite the hunk you've raised there, but I'm not sure he'd be good for much more than a fling, what with the whole parting ways thing..."

Vo could relax now. Everyone seemed in good spirits, the crew had no real objection to her helping out, and there odder people were actually interacting a little more.

"Hey, no probs Amelie! I look forward to seeing what you can do, later on."

The lack of relevant funds on the boat was of little import to her, as she was doing her best to keep an eye on people with skills - builders, hunters, tanners, butchers and farmers to say the least. A rag-tag group like this would not have the best welcome on the savage shores that awaited them, and if there was one thing she knew, it was that skills were the most important thing to have and use.

Voleen could already spot a few budding relationships between otherwise dispossessed people, generally those who had nothing left to lose but their lives. Despite her stoic exterior though, she was afraid. When they came to take people, and either turn them or press them into service, there'd be few enough to protect them. Perhaps obscurity would be the best option, but that would make it so much harder, without the aid of trade and supplies from the outside world.

Her face cracking into a wide, toothy grin, she slung an arm around the mage-dude, doing his little bit to help out. The faces of the orphans and other children tasting what he'd enhanced were proof enough of that.

"Hey, buddy! Nice work on cheering those kids up, they're really loving it! Any chance you've got a cantrip or two for setting up camps, or the like? We'll need that security when we get to land." Voleen emphasises her words with an irreverent waggle of her fingers on the opposite side of his head.

Brusk seemed to brush a hand at his chin. Risk sinking in the shallows, versus slowing down and going to a mans walking speed was dangerous. It would put them at port past night fall. He weighed his options and neither were exactly safe. Of course they couldn't see much through this fog, and that made it all the more dangerous to how they would have to continue.

Finally he took a whistle from his neck. "This whistle has a thaumaturgy enchantment, once a day it blows three times as loud as a regular signal whistle. We will slow our pace, because it will be clearer under the waters than it is up here, but if you see anything coming towards us, you blow that."

He would personally be the one to watch her rope as he nodded towards her.

~~

Below decks Yurf leaned eagerly into the kiss, tasting her tongue his arm sliding up the side of her neck holding her for a moment longer before the kiss broke leaving the stout dwarf wanting more as he did indeed get a look down her shirt, and seeing everything that he liked with the Dragonborn his own tongue had the taste of ale to it.

"Only the types I ain't ev'r kissed before." Yurf said as she slipped into her chair, and handed her a wealth of coin so that she could play the hand. The other men at the table didn't seem bothered or jealous about the sudden introduction. As one of them got to shuffling.

"So a pretty thing like ya' got a name or do we just call ya' cute?" Yurf said softly. As the cards got dealt out.

~~

"Please friend you will need it." The man said insisting that the wizard take the money. Gram Gram on the other hand looked towards the man as he offered his magic to make the food more enjoyable it wasn't a bad offer, but there was trepidation across her face.

"You're from the islands right?"
Gram Gram said though it wasn't really a question. "We're under the work of the admiral, but.. you might not want to go all around with the magics. The kids, and you island folk don't know better they take a show and they see a show. But the locals on the mainland they... don't appreciate the arcane."

Gram Gram's eye turned towards Tengee and her eyes narrowed as she looked at Amelie as if she was about to refuse the woman a second helping of food or smack her hand with her spoon. "This goes for all the arcane, and especially you Amelia. The admiral likes magic, we use it when we can to help voyages, but... the locals have strange gods, and stranger customs. All non druid or bardic magics to them are seen as... evil."

"and you, may even test the admirals patience love."

"Oh I wouldn't worry too much about parting ways, Once we hit Galt's cove we aren't going back out for a while. You were all really lucky this could be the last ferry from the islands to Galt's Landing for some time."

"Does it whistles without puffing air through it too? Because I can whistle without one, if I have to come up for air anyway that long..." the now naked girl unabashedly converses with the captain, then gestures towards the shield and a collection of javelins and a spear. "If I whistle and let go of the rope, or the other way around, do try to toss that three pronged spear towards the sound as far as you can..." she measured the captain, and decided that he can throw her weapon blindly close enough to the distance where she would be. Her javelins would be sinking too fast, but the spear had carefully crafted buoyancy.

Dreana took the rope, checked her dagger and hair, and jumped into the water with an almost quiet splash. Looking forward, she swam deeper and deeper, just to be at the level of the ship's draft, maybe a little bit deeper... Then she tried to swam forward, eyeing the water... While it was clearer than the fog, she still needed some low light to see. Of course she could not only see further in low light than anyone on board - or so she tought - but she couzld see underwater just as far too.

Laughing, as she would take the cards, she would have a bit of a smirk on her lips, checking them, and seeming to think things over. "Most just call me Kati, though prefer sexy ta cute!" She would have her lips barred in an amused smirk, crocodile like teeth on prominent display. Still, for the most part, she would seem relaxed and comfortable, not snapping at anyone, nor was she being too friendly, not even as for a moment, she would seem smug.

Still, she seemed friendly enough, as she looked around, and asked that important question. "So, where did ya folks serve last?"

d100 roll; 94

Tengee

Tengee arched a brow curiously, then shrugged. "I believe the magic that has come to me would be described as druidic in nature. Is there something I can do to better assure the people we will soon meet of that fact?"

The black girl took the other gilr's hand. "A pleasure to meet you, Amelie. It's good to finaly get to know someone on this ship." She studdied the other girl's eyes. "Is something bothering you? Is there any way I can help?"

[[Insight about Gram gram's comment about magic and strangers: 7]]

Amelie watched the old woman as she spoke. Her words of advice seemed harsh to Amelie, but there was wisdom in them. Amelie had been careful not to use her magic while aboard the ship, but she'd also been aloof while she was in the passengers quarters. When she had been helping with the boat through the storms, she had taken orders well, but said little in return unless an answer or clarification was required. She knew ship routines and she knew that the quartermaster and the captain wouldn't want her talking back so she had imited herself to yessir and no sir mostly.

"Thank you, Gram-gram. I'll remember that."

She knew the true power of her own magic and it's dark origins. She was well aware of the twisted and evil reputation that many of her kind had. Warlock was not a word mentioned when one spoke of good magic users. It was whispered with malicious intent or choked on with fear. But she wasn't out to harm anyone. She was out to create a new life, to spread hope and foster peace, to plant new roots and build a new Order. She would just have to find a way to overcome her magic's faulty history.

The other dark skinned woman spoke up and Amelie watched her as she introduced herself. A smile of relief lit Amelie's features and she extended a hand in greeting. "Yes. It is nice to finally get to know another traveler on this journey. It is not always easy to meet other people." The smile faded into a slight upturn as Tengee asked if anything was wrong. Amelie was suddenly in the spotlight and she didn't know what to say! She panicked and stammered on her words. "W-wrong? Why would- there's not- I- ummm.." She floundered for a response for several seconds before settling on something close to the truth. "I just- I'm worried. About when we land. About what they'll think. I'm not the best at.. being social. But if I want to start over, make something of myself, I have to.. talk.. to people." She smiled weakly at Tengee. It was true, even if it was only half of her worries.

Somewhere in the back of her mind,m she wondered about that poor, scared boy from her first night and where he might be. She wanted to find him, but since she'd just met these people, she didn't want to be rude and leave. Maybe after, there would be time.

Thank you sir I very much appreciate it. And I shall take your words to heart Gram Gram do any of you know of a way I might be of further assistance?

Taking the spear Brask eyed the aquatic elf for a moment his yellow eyes traveling over her legs, before simply shaking his head. "It won't make a sound under water, but it's loud enough to alert the entire crew rather than me having to scream about. You would have to surface, but we would be able to better hear you."

When she dove down he simply got to the job of minding the rope. Under the water it's a different world, the boat is currently tredding shallows, and while you can't see the bottom from where you start, you can see all around you.

The fish in these waters are small, non predatory creatures like tuna or Salmon that flock in schools around coral, there are however pillars of jetting rock. that do not puncture the surface, you are pretty sure that these were the primary concern of the captain.

~~

Yurf seems to laugh at her comment about being sexy. "I can see it lass." He said shrugging slightly, the three men looked to one another for a moment when she asked where they had served last.

The other two men simply shrugged. "We're part of Brask's crew. We kind of just go where he does, and the admiral has had us doing the ferry thing for a few months now, thankfully that's about to stop."

Yurf on the other hand gave a shrug. "I'm not really in the work force, I just do this for a living." Yurf gestured at the table and the chips falling where they were, the cards folded and the pot went to Kati. "I prefer my work not to tie me down to a single ship, and I have some business I need to do in the landing so I'm a traveler same as you, just wanting to avoid the legionaries."

As the pot went to Kati Yurf blinked for a moment. "Double or nothing!" He called out putting forward his next bid.
~~

Gram Gram had to re-evaluate her assessment of the woman with the short bow. Coming to the conclusion that yes she was correct, the young lady would be fine. "This isn't so much about the port, it's about the people on the mainland. Galt's is open to all kinds, we can't exactly turn away business ventures at the moment after all."

Near the back of the open air deck of the ship, close enough for all of you to hear, their is a rather loud comotion as a sailor exits from the cabin, holding his hand, and screaming loudly. "It bit me!" He said applying pressure to his hand which was wounded, and bleeding profusely.

"Why did you leave your post? You're supposed to be guarding the admirals cargo."

"Yeah but some kid just bit me and ran off. Look the little rat took my finger clean off! First he's crying all pathetically and then he just bites me!"

Gram Gram just looked at the two who had offered their help.

~~~
[DM notes:
ChrisGabriel: Though their is a considerable amount of fog above the water, the sea where you are counts as low light. You have your full vision of 60 feet, but can not see above the water more than 10 feet due to the fog, making it difficult for you to read the surface of the water. Roll perception.]

RPG Girl: You win 300 gold pieces with your first hand. 1d6x100=300
Gamble roll to beat 75.
Also you can roll insight on Yurf.

Tenshi: Sorry for some reason I had it in my head that Rangers used Arcane, but you are correct Rangers use the force of nature as does a druid, so the 'locals' would not see a problem with your magic.

Star Siren: You're roll is currently too low to know exactly how she pulled you out of a crowd to pinpoint what you are, but you get the feeling that her warning comes from personal experience rather than any prejudiced against magic.]

She would laugh, and there would be something of a stormtossed sea in her laugh, or of a gale and striking surf, a sort of wildness and eagerness to let things fall as they may, and damn the consequences! And so, the dice would fall again, as she nods. "Aye, sounds good to me!" Because really, the main core of her life was that one will win, and one will lose. What good are most possessions, that are as lasting as the fickle winds? No, for while it was nice, gold did have a habit of flowing through ones fingers like water.

"Only one small request, one little thing. I buy everyone a round of ale first." She would look somewhat serious, even as her lips had that playful tilt to them. "Little thing oh mine. The powers that be give, and they take away, and from what my Momma always said, if they see fit to give to you when your gambling, why, a little mortal lass could do worse then share the wealth in a more liquid form!"

She would laugh then, even as, if she could, she would try and get the table, and a few others maybe, a round of ale, before putting her stake forward.... or, if they did not wish her to, then she would buy as many rounds as she won afterwards.

Gambling; 85
Insight; 10

Vo's eyebrows raise slightly, only now hearing of the plight of many of the other islands. One thing sticks out in the words, though.
"Well, if you're all going to be sticking around for a bit, might be worth me coming back for a visit every now and then, eh?"

The commotion with the sailor draws her attention, however.
"Wait, a kid just bit you? What's going on? Where did they go, and what did they look like?"
Voleen springs to her feet with a determined look on her face at the trouble seemingly brewing.

Taking care of the world under water first, Dreana swam as far as the rope let her. Just like a man walking on the shore, she effortlessly trawelled the distance, her senses taking in the water-world. Seeing three times as far as a human would have in similar conditions, able to distinguish color and detail underwater too, it took her little time to discern the dangerous outcroppings. Careful to keep the rope taut, she navigated the ship forward - and hopefully shore-ward, where they wanted to go.

<Perception: 19>

I see... well I guess I will try and go look for that child something must have happened to make him lash out.

Nalven cautiously goes looking for the boy where it was last indicated he would be.

Tengee

Tengee clasped Amelie on the shoulder and offered her a smile. "How about you stick with me for a while, then? I usualy get along pretty well with people. I've been traveling all my life, mostly with my mother. I've learned to make new friends easily."

The black girl gave Gram Gram a nod and a smile. "Thank you for the warning. I'll be sure to not be subtle with my prayers to the spirts of the land."

Before Tengee could do anything more, the bleeding sailor got her attentoin. "Yikes..." She whispered. "Let me help," she said to the sailor. "Gran gran, do you have any fresh made tea? Boiled water is best for cleaning wounds."

She crossed to the sailor at a brisk pace." "Let me see your hand."

The black girl took the sailor's hand if she could. She located the vessel carrying blood to the stump. "Use your thumb. Press here. Apply steady pressure. I have magic that will seal the wound, but I don't think I can reatach the finger. If you're not too dizzy yet, I'll clean the wound first."

She looked into the man's eyes, trying to sort out how bad the blood loss was. If he had time, she'd clean the wound first. If not, she'd give him a berry to seal the wound before he fainted.

Medecine: d20+3 = 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom