Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Forgotten Realms (Pathfinder) OOC Chat

Horatio ends up there with his wagon by virtue of getting lost.
*glares at Tenshi*

"I thought you were reading the map!"

the whole character knowledge is not player knowledge is fine by me my character knows more about the actual setting than I do since I am one of those with the 2/3rd interest (pathfinder d&d) I have never done much with forgotten realms I simply picked the place that sounded cool for my elf to be from and winged it from there.

In terms of player v character knowledge, the only thing I'd add is that Horatio wears his human form almost exclusively. None of you will know he's a secret furry (quite literally). The only major change will be when he acquires the fox-shape feat, then he might spend more time in fox-mode.

How does he explain his ability to flawlessly mimic anyone else that he's seen? Well, let me show you this chest of cosmetics!

dancrilis said:
Hi lilithsboy just to point out Calistria is not a Forgotten Realms deity, there is no real direct comparison deity that I can think of - but Beshaba might suit your needs thematically if you feel you suffered from poor luck, or if wanted to stick to the elven pantheon than Fenmarel Mestarine or Shevarash might suit.

Or if you're more interested in lust and passion than vengence, Sharess!

:)

I'm back. hope I'm not late!

*reads up*

kckolbe said:
dancrilis said:
Your character Hyborian Gamergirl might suit Sehanine Moonbow, Mystra is kindof human (in a if this is post time of troubles your character is almost certainly older than the god and your whole elven superiority might chafe with that) ... but again respect where it is due.

Just because I already made the same assumption, Mystra's death and replacement is not common knowledge, only the highest priests. Kelman doesn't know about it, either, despite his religious studies. It is known that Helm defeated her in 1358, but not that she actually died.

Really!?!

I had no idea that Midnight's becomign Mystra was not relatively common knowlege, and I've been a realmslore nut for decades!

:) I'd love to know where you got that so I can read it and see what more I don't know!

Okay, I'm caught up. Whoever caught the Faiths and Avatars entry, I remember readign that now myself.

Talnida is ready to roll. (Get out there, see the world wtih some friends. Travel with a bard so that she can dance for her supper when the adventuring and healing buisnesses slow down.)

mystictiger said:
In terms of player v character knowledge, the only thing I'd add is that Horatio wears his human form almost exclusively. None of you will know he's a secret furry (quite literally). The only major change will be when he acquires the fox-shape feat, then he might spend more time in fox-mode.

How does he explain his ability to flawlessly mimic anyone else that he's seen? Well, let me show you this chest of cosmetics!

That is a nice feat for Kitsune's alright if you take it, but is worth remembering that you are only getting a +10 modifier to appearing human (+8 after taking into account the -2 for disguising as a different race), and as the roll for Disguise is secret you wouldn't know is you rolled a one or not.

So it might be seen through by observant people (or lucky people if you got unlucky).

One of the times I liked about 'Scion of Humanity' for Sune'lel was that it meant I wouldn't have to take Disguise checks to appear human (cause she is a bit fuzzy on the whole Aasimar thing and thinks of herself as human).

The various racial feats and rules on this really are opaque to me:

Change Shape (Su) A kitsune can assume the appearance of a specific single human form of the same sex. The kitsune always takes this specific form when she uses this ability. A kitsune in human form cannot use her bite attack, but gains a +10 racial bonus on Disguise Checks made to appear human. This ability otherwise functions as Alter Self, Except that the kitsune does not adjust her ability scores.

Realistic Likeness
When you are in human form, you can take the shape of a specific individual.
Prerequisite: Kitsune.
Benefit: You can precisely mimic the physical features of any individual you have encountered. When you use your racial change shape ability, you can attempt to take the form of an individual, granting you a +10 circumstance bonus on Disguise checks made to fool others with your impersonation.

At least the way I read it, when pretending to be "Horatio the Human"
+20 from feats
+9 from skills
-2 from pretending to be another race
+2 from Disguise Kit

When pretending to be Sun'lel:
+10 from feats
+9 from skills
-2 for another race
+2 from Disguise kit

The way I saw it was that the more observant would think of him as "being kind of odd". The obvious inference of him being kind of odd would be "From Kara-Tur" rather than "He's an anthropomorphic furry"

Kindof up to Rivine - but my reading would be that the 'Change Shape' ability would be to assume a 'specific single human form' where specific means specific to you - not meaning 'Bob' who you meet years ago and who you mapped yourself after (but I could see it going either way).

So when you are Horatio the Human you get +10 for appearing human, +9 from the disguise skill (if you have used it), -2 for appearing human and +2 for the disguise kit (if you have used it).

So +8 normally, +19 if you have backed up your change with herbs, salts etc changed your voice mannerisms etc to smell/sound etc human.

Now if you purchase 'Realistic Likeness' as a feat than you will be able to expand past your change shape ability you will be able to appear as other people that you meet and get a +10 to that also - but your standard change shape is not a person that you have meet so it wouldn't stack with that, so it would still be the above numbers.

For Sune'lel it would also have an extra -2 for being a different gender :)

For what happens when someone sees through the disguise that you depends on if they make a Knowledge (Local) roll for identifying Humanoids - so if some people are familiar with Kitsunes (as indicated by a high roll) they might go 'That is a Kitsune' a poor roll might generate a result of 'That is a foreigner' ... and of course a poor roll on the wrong Knowledge skill might result in 'Rakshasa! run ... run you fools!' if Rivine feels that poor rolls can give incorrect information.

Sune'lel will of course naturally trust him as she has generally believes things at face value and likes being around other people.

I would interpret the feats and skills much as you have Mystic. The first feat is for a specific human form, but the second feat extends the change shape ability to allow the bonus to extend to any form. I would however say that the feats do not stack for the first, personal form. Since the bonus in the second feat is supposed to be for mimicking people other than your typical form, much as Dancrilis pointed out.

As for seeing through the disguise and identifying your character as a kitsune, those are two different things entirely to me. They can use Perception to recognize that you're not human, however identifying your race is an entirely different, and much harder, matter. Kitsune are generally not well known in this area of the Realms after all.

That's kind of frustrating. I couldn't find any racial that did the same kind of thing as "Scion of Humanity". My aim is to be exotic and foreign, but obviously human. Hell, he thinks of himself as human and spends his entire time in human form. Meh. I should clearly just go for Silver Dragon or something instead! :D

Presumably werewolves don't have to deal with this?

mystictiger said:
That's kind of frustrating. I couldn't find any racial that did the same kind of thing as "Scion of Humanity". My aim is to be exotic and foreign, but obviously human. Hell, he thinks of himself as human and spends his entire time in human form. Meh. I should clearly just go for Silver Dragon or something instead! :D

Presumably werewolves don't have to deal with this?

Well they are actually human albeit with the Shapechanger subtype - they would however have to make a disguise check to pass as a wolf (I believe). :)

It might also be worth noting that Doppelgangers do have to put up with this also.

It is burning a feat but I think human guise might allow this (my reading of it would be that it should but it doesn't specifically say it does).

Alright everyone! Here is our opener. I know it's a bit short, but I'd like to get you all in the same location and get a feel for your characters. It's about time we get things rolling!

Also, please do not post again until everyone else is given a fair chance to!

Tenshi I think you have accidentally posted in the 'Character Profiles' trend rather then the 'IC' trend.

Oh I misread your post and specifically missed the "companions" word and just read "in her hands" and though we would just meet at this spot. I'm sorry but no worries I'll just make a quick edit

Back
Top Bottom