Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Voyage of the Silken Siren (The Corsair and Xanaphia)

Oh, Senzang was quite a tease. It was unusual among her clients, to go slow, and take their time, but Senzang wasn’t a client, was he? He was an experiment, whether he knew it or not. An experiment that was already showing very high potential.

So she stood naked on the deck of the Siren, moonlight playing silver on her golden tone. Naked, for anyone who might walk by to see. Naked, as she began disrobing the older mercenary as well, letting nubile fingers ghost over his skin. He was still in good shape, by all accounts. Maybe not quite as tight and firm as the younger men of his group, but still strong. His life was written on his skin, in his scars and unseen tattoos and silvering hair.

“All will be revealed,” She agreed, taking a step towards him as she began working at his belt and trousers, letting full breasts brush against him as she breathed. Nipples stirred from the sea breeze, goosebumps forming on her body in the wake of his gentle caress. Fuck, he knew exactly how to make her want more, driving her crazy with these light touches. Once he was free of his pants she took a half step back, humming in approval. Licking her lips, she met his eyes again, “What comes next?”

“Fuck me!” Phedra gasped as two cocks drove into her. She had certain hoped to end up like this, at some point this evening, but had not expected it for the opening act of this orgy. But here she was, taking two deliciously thick cocks balls deep inside her.

Mei watched with wide eyes, and two fingers buried in her sopping sex. It was fucking hot, two stunning men plowing her lovely friend, knowing that it would be her turn next. Phedra’s head lulled back as they both pushed into her, utter ecstasy written on her feature, and Mei was somewhere between turned-the-fuck-on and insanely jealous. Or both. Probably both. “You heard the lady. Fuck her. Fuck her hard.”

They seemed to enjoy the encouragement, stroking in and out of her in opposition to one another. Igama thrusting as Muhyaddeen withdrew, Muhyaddeen pounding as Igama pulled back. Phedra bounced against their synchronized strokes her hungry body swallowing their meat with euphoria howls. “Yes. Yes! Stuff me full of cock! Fuck yes!”

Mei fit a third finger inside her slit, fucking herself in time to the show happening before her. Paying close attention to the lengths disappearing into Phedra’s slick holes. “Cum in this slut so I can eat it out of her.”

Aurelia braced herself, still wincing as her thigh pulled, and nodded at Yusef, “Yeah, go on three. One, two, three,” With a grunt she pushed on the barrel, finding it hard to find purchase as her boots were soaked in blood. Mostly her attackers, she hoped. But once they budged it a couple inches it began rolling, picking up speed as they moved down town towards the docks. They had to stop it a couple times as it nearly got away from them, her injuries slowing them down, but they managed to get to the waterline undetected.

“Grab a rowboat off the Siren,” Aurelia instructed, leaning against the barrel to catch her breath, “We will want to take him out away before we dump him. I’ll get some stones for weight.”

Senzang shifted slightly as Nehime unclothed him, enjoying the gentle caresses of her skin on his as she moved. By the time she let his panys slide to the deck it was clear just how much he had enjoyd them - his cock was hard and erect, jutting upwards from a nest of iron-grey pubic hair. "What comes next?" she asked, licking her lips.

"In order to plumb the uttermost depths of the mysteries," he murmured, stepping forward, "one must explore the subject in extreme detail." He cupped her face with his hands, strooking cheek and jaw with the pads of his thumbs. Touch light as a whisper, he let his hands drift lower, caressing her throat and shoulders. "No scholar can penetrate the deepest secrets without fully understanding what lies upon the surface."

His hands slipped lower, ghosting over the upper curves of her breasts and down her sides. Slowly he knelt before her, lips caressing her belly as he explored her smooth flanks and thighs. His tonnue circled her navel and he inhaled loudly through his nostrils, letting her know he could smell her arousal. "But perhaps I am being selfish," he whispered, nipping at the soft skin below her navel. "I have given you no time to pursue your own studies."

Muhyaddeen uttered a low growl of pure lust as he heard the demon whore beg to be fucked, and as he felt her clench her ass around his dick. "Ten... endubis..." he growled, staring at Igama over her shoulder, "says... I... outlast... you..."

Igama, eyes glazed slightly by his own pleasure, took a minute to respond. In truth, he barely cared what the stone-eyed killer was saying. He was too busy reveling in the slippery, silken paradise impaled on his aching shaft. "You... you're on..."

Muhyaddeen bit Phaedra's shoulder. "Hear that?" he growled, feeling his cock rubbing against Igama's through the whore's flesh. "You... have to tell... us which one... cums... first..."

Phaedra responded by twisting a little, wrapping one arm around Muhyaddeen's neck and hooking the other over Igama's broad shoulder. "Fuck me..." she moaned against Muhyaddeen's lips. "Edana... fuck me!" She kissed Igama, nails biting into his back as her tongue slithered into his mouth. It was slightly forked, he realized, and he nearly came then as he wondered how that would feel on his cock.

Mei joined them as the kiss broke, hungrily feasting on Phaedra's lips as her dewed fingers explored Igama's back and Muhyaddeen's ass. Muhyaddeen stiffened at the touch and then shuddered, grunting as his orgasm pumped into her. Seconds later, Igama buried his thick shaft deep in her and followed suit, moaning aloud as he came.

Rolling a barrel full of dead man down a cobbkestone street would be nervewracking at the best of times, and these were hardly the best of times. Not with Aurelia limping, and wincing, and struggling to stay quiet as a bad step jarred her wounded leg. And there were a lot if bad steps, he realized from her reactions. He was noticing everything right now, senses hyperaware from the paranoia that comes from needing to dispose if a dead noble discretely.

Finally, they reached the wharf. He didn't argue her instructions, not now. Not when he knew she was taking the task she could do with her injured leg. So he sprinted to the ship and up the ramp, lowering a boat and sliding down the ropes to board it. Only as he cast off, did something strike him. Had that been Senzang, in the shadows by the mast? Hopefully, because they'd need the old chiurgeon's skills soon.

The oars dipped and splashed as he bent to, rowing towards Aurelia. She was by the barrel when he arrived, face pale and taught, shoving stines into the barrel with a vindictive delight that surprised him. Slavers, he remembered she'd said, spitting the word.

Clearly, there was a history.

"Hang on," Yusef said, tying up. The barrel was even heavier now, and he nearly dropped it as he wrestled it into the boat. Then he offered her a hand. "Come on," he urged. "We need to get this dead bastard sent to his new home, and the sooner the better."

Damn, Senzang had hardly done anything to her, and she was so wet. So wet he could apparently smell it on her. And his lingering, languid pace was continuing to taunt her, his patience making her feel impatient. The slower he went the more she wanted it.

But Senzang was nothing if not methodical. Deliberate. She was supposed to be a professional, but she found herself melting at his touch like a damn teenager. So lost in his ministrations, she had to be reminded that she wasn’t reciprocating. So she joined him in kneeling, appreciating his firm form. Her hands were hungrier than his, unable to contain how aroused she had become.

“Pray, forgive me, if I am not as skilled at these studies as you are. If I have not developed your level of patient scrutiny.” Nehime sighed, fingers tracing arms and shoulders, dragging down his chest, feeling the strength hidden within. Her body pressed closer to his, as she continued to explore him, breasts flattening into his chest as she drew down his back. “I do wish to learn, however,” She breathed against his cheek, as her nose grazed his jawline.

Phedra stood on legs made of jelly as she recovered from the tremendous fucking both men had pounded into her. Their seed seeped from her well used holes and slid down her thighs, leaving her soaked and smelling of sex. Pure unadulterated joy lit up her features as she leaned into Igama, “Holy shit, that was fucking amazing. You gotta get on these cocks, Mei.”

“Don’t have to tell me twice,” Mei insisted, sliding her hand down her friend’s body, finding her cum flooded depths and exploring eagerly with two fingers. Phedra whimpered, a touch sore from getting fucked so good and hard, reaching up to kiss Igama again while Mei fingered her, and switching to Muhyaddeen after a few moments. Once Mei retracted her fingers, sticky with the mingled lust of the trio, bringing one to her lips. “Damn, you all taste delicious.”

“Oh yeah?” Phedra asked, pulling Mei’s hand to her mouth now. Her tongue lapped at the sticky seed, before swallowing the digit suggestively. “Yes, just superb. I should clean you both off, while Mei licks me clean.” The women encouraged both men to their knees as Phedra settled into a cushion, cock on either side of her, and Mei got between her legs. Phedra stroked both men, softening after having pumped her full of cum, licking Igama’s length to taste the bliss she left on him, before doing the same to Muhyaddeen. She made sure to show both men how much she appreciated their efforts, sucking and slurping their cocks with enthusiasm, moaning all the while.

Of course, Mei was adding to the moaning, as she delved deeply into Phedra’s slit. Her tongue made a moist sound as she fucked and licked and teased the bard. “Damn,” She groaned, licking cum off her lips, “I need to get fucked.”

Aurelia took Yusef’s hand to stabilize herself as she stepped into the boat. She didn’t have any more smart quips or protests by now. Not with her leg throbbing and already tired from pushing the barrel down the street. At least she could sit now, holding the barrel steady while Yusef rowed them out.

“Well, this is not how I hoped to spend the evening,” She spoke after awhile. Once the silence became uncomfortable, and she caught herself going back to catching him with Nehime’s naked body against him and her hands in his pants. As she found herself going back to her dreams joining the caliph in bed as Yusef stood in for him. As she found herself consumed with confusing, competing thoughts. “I really just wanted to apologize for last night. For yelling at you. How the hell did it turn into this?”

Senzang smiled, enjoying the way Nehime shivered and shuddered at his touch. It had been a long time, he suspected, since anyone had taken their time with her, tried to seduce her. Professionally, she would mist likely be the seducer. And having seen her among the crew, he rather suspected her personal liasons were more direct. "There is no secret to it," he murmured, breath hot in her ear as his nibbled on her earlobe. "One must simply be interested in the subject." His hands stroked her thighs and moved inwards, fingers tracing the outlines of her dripping slit. "And seek to explore it completely. Allow me to demonstrate."

Gently he pushed her back, laying her down on the hard deck. His body moved over hers as he traced her contours slowly with fingers and lips, exploring the flavor and texture of her lush breasts and generous hips and smoothly curved belly. White teeth nipped at her inner thigh, a quick stinging he soothed with the warm softness if his tongue. Finally, he placed a series of soft, gentle kisses along the line of her pussy.

"Shall I open you?" he asked, meeting her eyes along the length of her body. "Shall I explore the mysteries of you body more deeply?" He deliberatly licked his lips, letting her see him taste the juices that clung to his mouth. "Or would you practice my lessons?" Lowering his head, he traced her lips with his tingue. "The choice is yours."

Between Phaedra's skilled mouth taking turns at their cocks and Mei's enthusiastic display as she ate Phaedra out, both men were rock hard in short order. "Always prided myself on being a gentleman," Igama gasped.

"Fucking liar," Muhyaddeen chuckled.

Igama pulled away from Phaedra's skilled mouth. "I have always," he repeated, moving around to kneel behind Mei, "prided myself on being a gentleman."

"I haven't," Muhyaddeen growled, taking Phaedra's horns in his hands. Using them as a handle, he poshed ss much cock into her miuth and throat as she could take. "Yeah, fuck yeah," he moaned, fucking her throat.

Igama ran his hands over Mei's ass and diwn between her legs, feeling her juices drip down her honey-colored thighs. "And a gentleman," he continued, gripping his shaft and rubbing his thick head against her cunt, "does not ignore a lady's requests. To him..." He pushed forward, sighing in delight as he felt her part and stretch around him as he slowly filled her with his thick meat. "Her every whim is a command."

He pulled slowly out, until just his head was in her entrance. Then, just as slowly, he pushed back in. "This is what you wanted, Mei?" he asked as be bottomed out in her cunt. His hands gripped the flesh if hof her ass as he did. "A thick, black cock fucking you?"

Yusef bent to the oars, pulling hard. "I suspect," he said in time with his rowing, "that it happened because we are both stubborn as hell and used to being in charge." He vrunted, dipping the oars. "It's just like how, last night, I really did want to make sure you were all fight."

Another grunt, because fucking Edana this was hard work! "Although that sounds stupid, doesn't it? After what those fuckers did. But... what else would I call it? Offering to be a sympathetic ear, maybe?"

He rowed in silencce fir nearly a minute. "I guess that Nehime didn't help. Kind of was a compromising scene, wasn't it. And then I was in a bad mood, and, well, it sort of escalated."

Another minute passed as he bent to the oars. "Course, we're here because some drunk fuck of a noble decided he'd rather not have to pay for services he wanted rendered. And because you were lucky enough that I came looking." He waited a beat, then grinned. "Otherwise, once you murdered Lord Fuckhead and his lickkspittle band, you'd have had to wrestle the barrel all the way down here on your own."

Nehime shuddered, as he continued to take his time with her, hips bucking and legs spreading themselves to offer herself to him. The coiling flutter of her core muscles was nearly painful as she craved his touch, or his tongue. Still, he teased her, brushing and grazing and ghosting over her slit, without actually entering her.

“Deeper, please!” She gasped, her need becoming maddening, drooling from hungry lips. “By Edana, I beg of you.” She sat up now, spreading open her pussy with two fingers. Fuck, had she ever been so hot and wet? “I need this, please…”

Phedra moaned as Muhyaddeen fucked her mouth and throat, letting him set the pace while her tongue swirled around his head. She might have disapproved of his use of her if he hadn’t already fucked her to bliss. Might have disapproved if Mei wasn’t using her talented tongue on her sensitive slit. As good as everything felt, she could care less how Had used her, swallowing his length as long as her air could sustain her, and even a bit longer, letting herself get lightheaded as pleasure surged through her. With a hand on his ass, she invited him to pumping his climax down her throat.

Mei moaned into her friend’s cunt as Igama drove into her. Magnificently thick as quivering lips clung to his meat.

"This is what you wanted, Mei? A thick, black cock fucking you?"

“Yes! Fuck me!” She groaned out, trembling as he took his length. Trembling as he made her body take it, take him. Trembling as she craved more. She pushed back against him, letting his blunt head press into her far barrier. She didn’t even wait for him to begin moving, hips bunching and flex as she fucked herself on his fat cock, seeking a pace that would quell the passion that burned through her. Goddess, the friction between them as she buried him within her tight walls was heavenly. “Fuck me, please…”

"I suspect," he said in time with his rowing, "that it happened because we are both stubborn as hell and used to being in charge."

"I had to tear my freedom and my ship from the hands of masters who were loathe to give it up. So I hope you can understand that occasionally I cling a bit too tightly to my own independence."

Aurelia wasn’t sure which made her more uncomfortable, his sincere claim of concern over her, or the memories he brought up. She still wasn’t ready to face up what she had put herself through. She had wanted distractions, then and now, which was probably why she was in a row boat with Yusef at night, clinging to the barrel containing a dead nobleman. A dead ul-Alfrayit.

"Course, we're here because some drunk fuck of a noble decided he'd rather not have to pay for services he wanted rendered.”

“No, it gets better,” she interrupted, shaking her head, “He expected me to pay him for his company. Either in coin or in flesh.”

“You were lucky enough that I came looking.”

“Lucky? Yusef, I am paying your for protection. Not to fuck around with my crew,” She teased, finding she could actually laugh about it now, while he smiled at her like that. “But I am glad you decided to do your damn job this evening. Otherwise I’d-”

"Otherwise, once you murdered Lord Fuckhead and his lick spittle band, you'd have had to wrestle the barrel all the way down here on your own."

With a self-depreciating laugh-sigh, she nodded, “Fair enough. Well, you are going to have to tell me how I can repay the favor. Because I hate being indebted to anyone.”

"Of course you need it," Senzang murmured, tracing Nehime's fingers with the tip of his tongue. "Once one learns the joys of learning, one acquires a hunger for the mysteries. A desire to plunge deep into them, pursuingg them with a wanton, reckless abandon." His tongue played over her labia, deliberately avoiding her clit. "But a true appreciation requires one to savor the journey, not merely the destination."

Broad hands slid beneath her rear, gripping the smooth soft flesh as his mouth drifted over her slit. His lips barely touched hers, whispering over slick skin as his breath caressed her folds. Finally his tongue found her clit, circling it once before retreating. "Still," he continued, "once found, one must not delay too long lest desire be lost entirely." With that, his tongue thrust deep into her, exploring her walls as he moaned hungrily into her.

Igama slapped his hand acriss Mei's ass, a brief red mark appearing as he grabbed her hips and drove his meat more forcefully into her slick depths. "Put that mouth to work!" he barked, revelling in the way her walls gripped and clung to his shaft. "Make... her cum... before... I do!" His cock pounded into her, driving her mouth into Phaedra's cunt as he fucked her. Fuck, she looked hot. Both of them. Mei onher hands and knees, moaning for his cock as sbe ate Phaedra out. Phaedra moaning as a skilled tongue fucked her cunt and a thick cock fucked her mouth.

Muhyaddeen didn't care about the aesthetics. All he cared about was pfucking the demon whore's mouth and throat, and the way the slut was begging for more. "That's it," he growled, thrusting deeper as he felt his second orgasm of the night building. "Take it! Take that fat dick like the slut you are! I'm... I'm gonna... gonna..." He came with a roar, pulling out after the first gush if cum to let the rest spray iver her face and chest.

"I can think of all kinds of ways for you to repay me," Yusef said with a leer. Then he grinned with genuine good humor. "Mostly, listen to me when I've got concerns. My crew and I are exoerienced mercenaries, and you only get to be an experienced mercenary by kniwing what the fuck you're doing." He dug in to the oars at that, trying not to think about thecause if that disagreement.

"Still," he said after a little whike, "i guess I'd have done the samr if our positions were reversed. So, maybe - just maybe - I should be a little less fucking judgemental?" He loojed around. "And this looks promising. Shall we dump him here, or row a little further out?"

Nehime wondered at what point this could be considered torment. Because Senzang was determined to draw out every little part of this act out as much as possible. Mocking her with her need, with his intentions to drag out the act. Turning her, a woman who sold her sexuality for tidy sums, into a quivering, shuddering, soaking mess.

As it was she nearly came as he finally circled her clit, hips bucking into his face, chasing her bliss. When he finally did give her was she so craved, sliding his tongue within her depths, her resultant cry was a staggered, choked wail, a cry of reprieve and release. Her lungs heaved as pleasure weighed her down. Would have knocked her on her ass were she not already on her back.

Trying to pushed herself up, Nehime realized he had no intention of stopping, just because she came. Still his expert tongue delved and dove deep inside her, engrossing her senses with rapture. She knew then, she was in for a long, blissful night.

Mei hissed and gasped as Igama smacked that ass, a slight ache that throbbed as he pounded her. Redoubling her efforts to licking Phedra, seeking every last drop of ecstasy inside her. Soon it was too difficult to concentrate on the task, and she was instead opting to fuck her tongue deep into her friend’s slit.

While she might have wanted to swallow his pleasure, Phedra had to admit she was grateful he pulled out of her mouth, because she really did need to breathe. But her feelings of being lightheaded and dizzy did not subside as she gasped before breath, not as her body rippled and fluttered under the touch of Mei’s tongue, guided by the through fucking she was receiving from Igama. Covered in cum and sex and sweat, Phedra wore a dazed, exuberant expression, sinking down into the cushions as relaxed contentment overcame her. “Fuck…” She managed, laughing lightly, clearly out of her mind on bliss.

With Phedra’s orgasm out of the way, Mei began focusing on her own. Pushing herself up and back against Igama, one arm wrapping up his neck for support, the other teasing herself. Feeling him fuck up into her, not stopping or slowing even as she changed their position. “Cum in me,” she rasped, “Fill my cunt with you, until it drips down my thighs.”

"I can think of all kinds of ways for you to repay me," Yusef said with a leer. Then he grinned with genuine good humor. "Mostly, listen to me when I've got concerns. My crew and I are experienced mercenaries, and you only get to be an experienced mercenary by knowing what the fuck you're doing."

“Really, that’s what’s you’re going with?” Aurelia laughed, shaking her head, “Why don’t we keep negotiations open there. Because I think it’s be easier to pay you back if you asked for literally anything else. But I suppose I can listen to your concerns. You know, before brushing them off.” Dammit, why was it so easy to flirt with this man? Why did she still want to, after everything that had happened?

"I guess I'd have done the same if our positions were reversed. So, maybe - just maybe - I should be a little less fucking judgemental?"

“That sounds like a compromise I can get behind. I’ll listen more if you judge less,” Aurelia agreed, meeting his eyes across the rowboat. There was a moment or two of eye contact between them before they both looked away, trying to find something to focus on. Or perhaps it was just her?

"And this looks promising. Shall we dump him here, or row a little further out?"

“Yeah, this looks good,” She acknowledged, forcing herself up. She grunted as she helped to lift the barrel, severed muscles straining under the task. She might have overdone it with the stones, taking some extra glee out on her victim after discovering who he was. As if he could suffer anymore in death. As if he had any connect with his cousin’s deeds. Still, they managed to toss the barrel into the dark waters, even if she had to lean against Yusef to keep her balance as they watched it sink down.

This close, she could smell him, and interestingly enough he didn’t smell of sex or Nehime. He smelled of blood and sweat and the sea, and it was a curious thing. It was possible he had cleaned himself before coming to find her, she had been gone for a few hours after all, but it didn’t seem likely. Not with him wearing the same clothes she had seen him wearing in this room. He abandoned a gorgeous, naked woman to come find her. Chosen to pursue her rather than indulge himself in the willing woman in his room. What the fuck did that mean?

“Now that the most immediate concern is addressed, I should probably let Senzang look at my leg, huh?” she admitted, pulling away from Yusef, but sitting beside him on the bench. “I’ll help you row.”

The taste of Nehime's orgasm was delightful, and he continued to savor it as she pushed herself up on her arms and tried to take some action. Senzang didn't bother to find out what that action would be, choosing instead to linger over her until she collapsed back onto the deck and moaned once more. But now, he was watching her actions even more closely. There was, he knew, a point at which what he was doing could cross the line from pleasurable to uncomfortable. And he didn't plan to cross that.

Finally, as he noticed her tense a little in possible discomfort, he changed tactics. His lips drifted over her lower belly and worked upwards as he crawled over her body. Finally he kissed her deeply, letting her taste her juices on his lips as he rested his weight against her. The feel of her soft breasts flattening against his chest, and her belly warm against his, was intoxicating. And the feel of her slick lips against the steel rod of his cock was maddening. "I want you," he murmured, shifting so she could feel the blunt head of his shaft moving against her slit.

He kissed her again, moving his hips as she arched against him to prevent her from filling herself with his meat. Not that he didn't want her to, mind. But... "What do you want, Nehime?" he murmured, biting at her lip. "Tell me what you want from me."

Igama groaned as Mei rose up, pressing her back against his chest and running her fingers over his shaft and her clit. “Cum in me,” she rasped, and he groaned as the change in position drove her deeper and tighter around him. “Fill my cunt with you, until it drips down my thighs.”

"Cum on me," he growled back, filling one hand with her breast and tugging at the nipple. His teeth bit at her shoulder and neck, craving the taste of her as he pounded himself into her. "That's it," he groaned, feeling her moving on him in return. "That's it. You... you want my cum? Fuck it out of me!" One hand dug into her hip, pulling her closer, and the other squeezed her breast with nearly painful force. "Take... fucking take that dick!" He bit the side of her throat, groaning as he pulsed around him. "Fuck my... fuck my dick..." He bit her ear, then kissed her deeply as she turned her head, and moaned into her mouth. "Fucking..."

His cock was on fire. It was rock hard, and aching, and throbbing with his desperate need for release as he drove himself into her depths again and again. "Fuck... I'm close! Fuck... me! Fuck... my... fuck!" He came with a roar, cock going even more rigid before he pumped his seed into her slick, hot cunt.

The barrel seemed even more fucking heavy than when they'd levered it down into the boat, probably because it had to go up over the side. But with a great deal of grunting, and some agonized sounds from Aurelia as she flexed damaged muscles, they finally dumped it out. There was a splash, and sea water into the boat, and Yusef nearly went in after it as the barrel stopped resisting him. Only her quick reflexes as she grabbed his belt kept him from an impromptu midnight swim. Then she leaned into him, her arm around his waist as they watched air bubble out and the barrel sink with its contents. "Maybe we should say a few words?" he suggested. Then he spat. "Rot in hell, you son of a bitch."

Eventually she pulled away, leaving him feeling curiously lonely as she levered herself down onto the bench. “Now that the most immediate concern is addressed, I should probably let Senzang look at my leg, huh?”

"You probably should," Yusef agreed, taking a seat next to her. It seemed odd, but that's where he needed to sit if he was going to row. "I haven't met a better chiurgeon or alchemist, ever. Honestly, some days I wonder what he's doing in this life."

She grabbed an oar. “I’ll help you row.”

"Are you..." He stopped, then nodded. It would actually make rowing slightly awkward, but he decided he wanted the excuse to sit next to her for a little longer. "All right. Just try not to hit me with an oar." He grinned. "And I'll try not to say anything that would make you want to hit me with an oar."

“Wow,” Mei gasped, collapsing beside Phedra on the cushions.

“Wow indeed,” the bard agreed, laughing in exhausted delight, “That was…haha, yeah.”

“Uh huh,” Mei giggled, “I hope you two had as much fun as we did.”

“Oh man, poor Nehime, missing out on this. We really should have invited her.”

“By Edana! Goddess, yes!” Nehime howled out, body beading with sweat as Senzang worked in her. How many times had she cum? Three, four? One insanely long one? Was this even possible? Pleasure turned agonizing as it extended into the night, nerves on fire from overstimulation. Just when she feared she could take no more exquisite torment Senzang stopped, daubing her arousal along her body.

Dizzy and dazed and delirious from bliss, she just shuddered through the first kiss, letting desire wash over her. Damn, they hadn’t even fucked yet, and the feel of his cock teasing her cunt made her hungry. Ravenous. As did his words, his whisper against her lips. So she tried to oblige him, wrapping still quivering thighs around his body, but he evaded her.

"What do you want, Nehime?" he murmured, biting at her lip. "Tell me what you want from me."

“My mysteries lie open to you. To fully explore until understanding is not only possible, but inevitable. Sink into your studies, until you are enveloped and engrossed and engulfed within them.” She begged, need crystallizing her thoughts as her fingers dug into his back, terrified he might pull away from her.

Aurelia laughed at his joke, despite herself. Despite the fact that she kept telling herself to keep things professional between them. But well, sex was her profession. "Is that the trick to getting you to keep a civil tongue in your head?" she teased, watching his arms flex as he rowed. Solely to match his rhythm, of course. Not because of the way his muscles tensed and his arms corded. Not because she remembered how he lifted her to shove her full of his cock.

She began turning the oars in time with him, relieved the action didn't strain her leg much. His warmth beside her was nice, a comfort she wouldn't have expected. A comfort she found herself craving. “Of course, I could find a great many uses for that tongue,” She remarked, watching him. When he turned to face her, she was already pressing her lips to his. There was no thought in her actions, no plan just instinct. Just desire, to feel his mouth on hers, to feel his arms around her, to feel his body against and inside hers. Just wishing for a moment when she didn’t have to be in charge, didn’t have to be captain, didn’t have to put everyone else’s wellbeing above her own. But as he moved in to deepen the kiss, to caress her, she pushed away.

“Fuck,” She cried out, covering her face with her hands. “Fuck! Fuck fuck fuck!” She wanted to blame the alcohol, blame the drinking she had done before he found her. But she knew the fight had mostly sobered her up, and the task of disposing the body had required as the focus she could muster. She wished she were drunk now. Drunk enough to drown out the voice of reason in her mind, the voice of worry. Drunk enough to just let this happen, whatever this was. “I can’t do this, Yusef. I can’t be around you. I can’t…” She turned to him now, tears wet in her eyes, duty and desire dueling in her mind.

Senzang pushed slowly into her, closing his eyes and sighing with pleasure as he felt her folds part for him. Felt her walls welcome him, soft flesh sliding around his meat until she swallowed his length completely. Only then did he open his eyes, staring down into hers as he held himself motionless within her depths. "I have plumbed the depths of my studies," he murmured, his lips ghosting over hers. "And yet... I crave more. I must lose myself in my studies."

He began to move within her. Slowly at first, his cock sliding against her clit as he withdrew and thrust, each time with a slight increase in force and pace. "One must pursue wisdom with... with all... all one's... effort and... and skill..." Gods, but it was getting to be too much! He was a man, not superhuman, and he could feel his control slipping as he fucked the beautiful woman beneath him. "You must... must..."

Suddenly, he no longer cared about the game of seduction he'd been playing. Rearing up on his knees, he lifter her legs and hooked her ankles over his shoulders. "Fuck," he groaned as the change in angle let him thrust deeper. His hands gripped her lush hips, holding her steady as he pounded his meat into her. "I want... " he groaned, wtching her body move and breasts bounce with eager eyes, "I want yiu... to cum... on my thick... cock..."

The unexpected kiss was intoxicating, and he leaned into it as she did. Her taste filled his senses, and her bidy was strong and supple against his, and he craved more. Memories of the night in the alley mingled with the memories of his dream, and he tugged at the lacees of her corset. Then she pulled away, castigating herself for a fool.

"You... you'e,re right," he agreed thickly. "We... shouldn't. Gods, I want you. But, you're right..." Suddenly he pulled her close, devouring her lips and sucking greedily at her tongue, moaning into her mouth as he cupped her firm breasts. "Luckily," he gasped, tearing at her corset and tossing it aside, "I've never cared a whit for should and can't." He pulled at her blouse, ripping two buttons in his haste to get at the dusky skin beneath

"Tell me you don't want me," he growled. His hands roamed her flesh, feasting on the soft curves of her bared chest. "Tell me," he repeated, biting her lip, "and I'll stop..."

Nehime wouldn’t have thought she’d like a slow fuck like this. Oh, it had been utter sensual teasing, throughout. Incredible, to go slow, to take one’s time, to savor every moment and pleasure. But even Senzang didn’t have enough patience o keep it up, not as her soft walls buried his meat and clung to his shaft as he stroked into her. Not as he shifted, holding her legs together to create more friction between them.

She brought one hand to tease herself as he fucked her, moving in a circle over her engorged nub. Her other hand palmed her breast, toying with her nipple. Fuck, could she cum again? Was it even possible? “Oh fuck, Senzang…” Nehime gasped out, legs going rigid as rapture took her captive once more.

“I don’t-” She tried, before his mouth was on hers again, her tongue clashing and dancing and seeking his with animalistic need. Both of her hands were in his hair as he explored her, her body reacting, remembering him. From that first night, from her dream, from forgotten eternities before time. Nipples ached at his touch, throbbing as rough fingers groped and cupped her.

“I don’t want-” She tried again, pulling away just a bit. Pushed back, his mouth was on her neck, her collarbone. She was in his shirt now, fingers digging in at his chest and arms, tearing his shirt open with the same care he had shown hers. Exploring his scars, his muscles, his sweat slick skin.

“I don’t want you,” She managed, and just as he said, he began pulling away, hands shaking with the effort. Immediately she regretted it, missed his warmth, craved his embrace. The look of hurt and rejection in his eyes pierced her, challenged her, defied her better sense.

“I don’t want you to stop,” She rasped, shifting to straddle his lap. She offered him a breast, teeth digging into her lip as his mouth wrapped around the nipple. His hands were on her back now, tickling her spine and enticing her longing. Beneath her, she could feel his cock, pulsing and stiff, and she moved against him. She wanted it inside her, filling and stretching her as it had before. He must have wanted it too, as he worked at her pants, tearing them open, tugging them down. She stood enough for them to be pulled down, just for his hand to brush past her thigh. Her wounded thigh, just treated with an improvised bandage.

“FUCK!” the pain roared back to the forefront of her mind, chasing the maddening arousal away. She stumbled back, falling against the other back, top open and pants half off her. A few hard exhales later, she composed herself, pulling her pants back up. “This…this isn’t the right time,” she said softly, sadly. Brushing the hair out of her face, she sighed hard. A relief, or another regret?

“We should get back to the Siren.”

The sight of Nehime pleasuring herself as he pleasured her turned him on more. He'd always appreciated women who knew what they wanted and took it, after all. "Oh fuck, Senzang..." she suddenly gasped, disbelievingly, as she came on his thick rod.

That was all he needed. "Gods... Nehime!" With a final thrust he drove into her, cock throbbing against her pulsing walls as his cum spurted into her. He moaned, hips moving as he fucked his seed into her, then moaned again as he fell atop her, tasting her cries of pleasure as he spent hinself within her. Finally, gasping for breath, he licked his lips and lifted an eyebrow. "You," he said, voice breathy, "are a savant. Why did you not tell me you have studied before?"

Aurelia's sudden cry of pain was a dash of cold water to the face, jarring and unwelcome. She was almost naked, and the bandage on her leg had pulled free, tearing clots and scabs. "Fuck," he groaned. "I'd... I'm sorry. No, this isn't the time. We - you - need to ger that leg looked at." Damning his luck, he found her shirt and handed it back. "Here, let's get back to the Siren and have Sanzang stitch you up. Then..."

He watched her pull on her shirt, enjoying the sight of her body. "Well, I can think of a few things we can do that won't strain your leg..."

Just then, a grapnel bit into the boat. Then another, and another, with fine chains linking them to the ship approaching. He tire at one of them, only to have it glow red and scorch his hands. Magic, he realized. Demon magic.

The chains grew taut, dragging the rowboat towards the ship. Glowing green eyes stareddiwn at them from an inhuman face. "By the will of the Evening Star Rising in the Scirpion," an abhuman voice declared, "you are both arrested on charge of murder. If you attemot to resist, you will be immediately subject to execution."

“Not I,” Nehime protested with a giggle, planting a grateful peck on his cheek. “That was all you. All I did was try to emulate your studies. If anything, I was merely a quick learner with an incredible teacher.” She relaxed against the hard wood of the deck, letting her fucked silly exhaustion win over any discomfort.

Not that she was able to relax long, as she heard sound of feet running up the gangplank. She was hardly sitting up before the row boat descended with a splash into the harbor.

“Was that Yusef? What do you think he needed a row boat for?”

Despite the pain, Aurelia chuckled as he suggested acts that wouldn’t affect her injury. It was still a terrible idea, she knew, but she was tired of caring, tonight. Tired of denying herself, her desires, her feelings.

Pleasant thoughts and concerns over their relationship would have to wait, as the rowboat was snagged. Shit, what now? Another and another latched on, and Yusef hissed as it burned his attempt to yank it off. She hastily covered herself as their captors came into sight, announcing their master, and her crimes.

Fuck! How did anyone know? It only took a moment for her to begin to realize that it was likely that Rudain had eyes on her. Kept eyes on her. The demon prince wanted her, and would not pass up an opportunity to possess her.

Resisting crossed her mind as they were pulled in. Not because she thought she could get away, but because execution would be better than whatever sentence Rudain might hand down to her. But…no. She put her crew in danger that way, and his too. Hopefully they would figure out what happened to her, and get away. No one else should have to pay for this.

Within an hour Aurelia and Yusef were in chains before the demon prince. Forced to their knees, before the demonic noble acknowledged them.

“Captain Madame Aurelia,” Rudain called, mocking disappointment in the demon’s tone, “I am disappointed with you, committing murder in my city. After how magnanimously I welcomed you and your ship.”

“Defending my life, more like,” Aurelia argued, not sure what effect it would have. Wasn’t even completely true. After all, the trio likely intended to rob and rape her, not kill her. Not that she was going to let that happen, while she drew breath. But Rudain noticed the bleeding on her leg, after taking it’s time to leer at her and her exposed skin. With a nod to his guards, she was lifted to her feet

“Defending your life?” The prince asked, caressing her jaw. She seized as the feel of silk fingertips on her skin, trying not to react, but unable to forget what had been done to her just the evening before. Fists clenched behind her back as Rudain continued to touch her, taking liberties the demon knew she couldn’t deny or resist. Eventually fingers reached her thigh, tracing the cut that had once more scabbed over. Just like the night before, warmth filled in the wound, healing it until it was naught but a memory. Rudain brought a blood soaked finger to their lips, “I’ll see what I can do, but the ul-Alfrayit’s want blood. Have Captain Aurelia cleaned and brought up to a room.”

“Yes sir, and the man?” The guard, nudging Yusef with the butt of his wooden spear.

“Toss him into the dungeon.” Rudain declared with a gleeful tone and cruel smirk.

Aurelia was bathed and clothed in a simple white dress, and escorted into a large room with walls of polished rose marble and sumotuous carpets of elaborate abstract design. Rudain lounged in a chair, looking up as she entered. "Ah, Captain Aurelia. So good of you to join me."

Her guard, a jaundice-colored man with strange bruise-colored eyes, forced her roughly to her knees. "Agase yourself," he snarled, "before..."

Rudain interrupted him with a languid wave of the hand. "Oh, no need for that. This is an informal audience." It snapped a finger and a youth, naked and hairless and adorned with tinkling gold piercings, hurried to place a goblet in it's hands. She whimpered, just a little as Rudain sliced her palm and let her blood drip into the golden cup.

"I should have you executed," it said, leaning back and sipping from the cup. "Murder is a serious crime, and the ul-Afrayit family is wealthy and powerful. And the traditional means of executing one who has murdered a noble is crucifixion. Or the games."

It smiled, revealing perfect teeth stained crimson. "But, I could find mercy, Aurelua. Accept my offer. Pledge yourself to me, freely and of your own will, and I will spare you. It would be simple enough to convict your rough bodyguard of the crime."

Before was brought before the demon prince, Aurelia was brought to a room on the third floor of Rudain’s estate. A spacious, airy room with a large bed and elegant fixtures. Not the dungeon cell she was expecting for her crimes. Not the dungeon cell to where she knew they had taken Yusef. But with two half demons standing guard at her door, a cell nonetheless.

There was another human within, and a familiar one at that. The woman, who had participated in her mock rape. There was a cruel smirk on her face as Aurelia’s eyes lit up in uncomfortable recognition.

“Good evening, Captain Aurelia,” the title was mocking on her tongue, recalling the previous day’s events, “Take off your clothes.”

“Excuse me?” Aurelia asked, stiffening and backing away from the woman. Did Rudain plan to have her assaulted for the murder?

“Our Liege wants you bathed tonight. I am authorized to use force if necessary. Am I going to have to force you, Captain?” the servant asked, vicious glee in her eyes.

Aurelia glanced over to the half demon guards, and shook her head. There was a time for resisting, and a time for compliance, she knew. She remembered from her own time as a slave. Was she a slave once more? Still, she turned her back on the rest of the eyes in the room and undressed.

Unceremoniously, Aurelia was scrubbed clean by a woman who, just yesterday, threatened her with all manner of violation. An act, she reminded herself. Just an act. After the bath, she was given a shift dress to wear for bed. Soft, almost nice. To be expected for a kept woman of the demon prince.

Sleep would not come easily this night. Not while she worried about Yusef, and what was being done to him. Not while she wondered what her fate would be, if she had any choice left in the matter. Not as she craved Yusef’s touch, the promises that had been made by his fingers and lips as they kissed in the row boat. But despite hours spent tossing and turning in bed she did sleep, before being brought to Rudain that morning. The same woman as last night, and the night before, was there.

“Our Liege wants you to wear this,” She explained, holding a sleeveless white gown with an elaborate golden collar. The finest slave collar she had ever laid eyes on. The metal was cool on her skin as it was latched close.

She was escorted by that servant and a guard into a large room with walls of polished rose marble and sumptuous carpets of elaborate abstract design. Rudain lounged in a chair, looking up as she entered. "Ah, Captain Aurelia. So good of you to join me."

Her guard, a jaundice-colored man with strange bruise-colored eyes, forced her roughly to her knees. "Abase yourself," he snarled, "before..."

Rudain interrupted him with a languid wave of the hand. "Oh, no need for that. This is an informal audience." It snapped a finger and a youth, naked and hairless and adorned with tinkling gold piercings, hurried to place a goblet in it's hands. She whimpered, just a little as Rudain sliced her palm and let her blood drip into the golden cup.

“I hope Esmeralda took good care of you, last night,” Rudain remarked nodding towards the woman who had waited on her. Who had violated her, on Rudain’s command, “I hoped it would be a comfort, for you to have someone familiar around.”

“If you permit me to be honest, I did not find it comforting,” Aurelia confessed, refusing to placate the demon.

“Oh, shall I punish her, for her disrespect?” The demon noble asked calmly. There was a flash of terror in Esmeralda’s eyes, before she found composure, just in time for Rudain to glance at her.

“If my liege deems it necessary,” she answered sweetly, hiding her nervous swallow well.

“She did as you bid her,” Aurelia insisted, finding unexpected kinship with her, “I am not accustomed to being waited on.”

“A tragedy. Come, walk with me,” Rudain directed, a command that was not easily denied nor complied with. The demon’s arm hooked in with hers, leading her through the estate. The free hand carried the goblet, sipping at the blood within I as they walked. At the end of the hallway was a large portrait.

“The last Caliphah in ul-Aquan, Rashida al-Udain. The Onyx Queen,” Rudain explained, motioning to the painting. A stunning woman of mahogany complexion and midnight black hair, wearing a dress suspiciously similar to her own. It wasn’t the only thing similar, as the visage before her felt as if she were staring into a mirror. And he called her the Onyx Queen, like the dream she had that featured Yusef as the Caliph…What the fuck did it mean? “I’ve always found her fascinating. Are you familiar with her?”

“No,” Aurelia answered. Only a half lie.

“A fierce strategist, well versed in naval warfare. Well regarded by her people when she ruled them, less so when she united her kingdom Tuibyat with ul-Aquan. Not that it served her any, when she failed to produce an heir for the Caliph and was set aside by him. I always thought she…deserved better.”

Aurelia was quiet as Rudain spoke, soaking in the words. Some felt off to her ears. Wrong. Something she could only feel, not explain. Not that she would to Rudain, even if she could. If she had even begun to understand it herself.

"I should have you executed," it said, sipping from the cup, changing the subject in a seeming non sequitor. "Murder is a serious crime, and the ul-Afrayit family is wealthy and powerful. And the traditional means of executing one who has murdered a noble is crucifixion. Or the games."

It smiled, revealing perfect teeth stained crimson. "But, I could find mercy, Aurelua. Accept my offer. Pledge yourself to me, freely and of your own will, and I will spare you. It would be simple enough to convict your rough bodyguard of the crime."

“I could…in exchange for his life,” Aurelia argued. She knew Yusef wouldn’t approve of her selling her freedom to buy his life, but if she were successful, she wouldn’t have to hear about it from him.

“No. The ul-Alfrayit’s want blood. Eye for an eye, that sort of thing. Someone must die for this,” Rudain explained, swirling the blood in the goblet, “But it doesn’t have to be you. You could stay here, as my Onyx Queen. Living in the luxury befitting you.”

“Not while someone else dies for my crimes. If someone must pay for them, it should me,” Aurelia declared. Rudain glowered at her.

“You’d rather throw your life away than spend it with me?”

“Yes.”

Rudain released a bitter laugh, “You really are her. Fine, if you want to die for the entertainment of a crowd, I will provide a worthy spectacle. Guards, see Captain Aurelia to the dungeons.”

Yusef paced the cell he'd been locked in. Quite nice, really. For a dungeon cell. There was room to stand up, and room to move, and he wasn't packed in with anyone else. That was always a bonus, because it reduced the odds of getting sick or having to murder someone.

The down side, of course, was that he was in a cell controlled by demons. They'd been smart enough to strip him of his rings and amulets along with his weapons, so he had no resources. Any djinni or efrit he could call up with the resources at hand would be weak things. They might not be enough to even open the door, let alone help him and Aurelia escape.

Aurelia.

Damn it, that was the worst part! Where was she! What were those bastards doing to her. Memories of what she'd endured in the boat plagued him, driving him to distraction. He'd had to set her aside once, to try to sire an heir! He wouldn't abandon her...

Waut. What? He thought about that, then realized it was the memories from the dream, bleeding over. "Fuck," he swore, slumping to the floor. "Not even an hour in solitary, and I'm going crazy."

Esmerelda opened the door, pushing Aurelia back into the elaborate chamber she'd been in earlier. "You're a godsdamn fool," she hissed. "You could have been Lord Rudain's concubine. Could have lived a life of luxury and wealth. So you'd have to endure its attention - we endure far worse for far less!"

She stared at Aurelia fir a moment, then shook her head. "Reconsider," she insisted. "If you abase yourself, I'm certain Lord Rudain would firgive you!"

Fayette hammered on the cabin door, her blows fastvand hard. "Gwynn!" she barked. "You've got one minute to open up, or I'm kicking the door in!" She kept pounding, punctuating her wirds with her fist.

The door opened a crack and Kaarim peered through. "Can't this wait?" he snapped, running a hand through tangled hair. "We're..."

She shived the door open with surprising strength, sending him sprawling to the floor with a startled cry. He was naked and erect, and she didn't spare him or the equally nude Gwynn - who was drawing a sheet over her with one hand and reaching for a dagger with the other - a secind glance. "Get dressed," she snapped. "And round up everyone. We've got a fucking problem!"

Kaarim rose to his feet. "What kind of problem?" he asked, grabbing his pants.

Fayette slapped a cheap length of rolled-up papyrus on the table. "The kind," she said, unrolling it, "where both our captains managed to get themselves sentenced to die in a gladitorial game."

Aurelia watched Esmeralda, noting the pain in her face. Put that way, it made Aurelia seem haughty. Arrogant. How she could think she was too good for this life? She understood Esmeralda’s indignant anger. Hell, she even understood why she had done what she had done to her. Aurelia understood all too well the pleasure of claiming some sliver of power, when one is usually powerless. It was too easy to turn that rage on the weaker, to lord one’s strength over the only ones available. True strength was to turn that anger towards the powerful, to use it towards resisting and fighting back, but it was hard. So hard.

“It doesn’t have to be that way, Esmeralda. You have fury, pain. Use it! Help me and Yusef escape, and I will get you away from Rudain,” she pleaded, grabbing the woman’s hands. She seemed to consider for just a moment, before pushing the captain’s hands away.

“You are truly mad, if you think anyone would help you! You would fight against the demons? You think yourself some Paladin from the northlands? If you are very lucky, you’ll merely die. But I do believe your luck is running out.” Esmeralda spat, turning away. She stormed off, and two guards took their place at the door.

With a sigh, Aurelia threw herself down on the bed. I’m sorry, Yusef…

The mixed crews gathered in the hull of the Síodúil Cluanaí, with Phedra and Seith keeping watch from the deck. What they were discussing could very well get them sentenced to the same fate as their Captains. Yet there was no question they were going to risk their lives for their captains, but there were hopes they could keep the blood loss to a minimum, on their side at least. Many eyes turned to Gwynn, because she was the Captain they had now. She hadn’t realized the burden Aurelia carried until she felt all those eyes on her at once.

“Does anyone have a plan?” She finally spoke, scanning the group. She looked over to the Free company, hoping they had some expertise to lend in this case.

“Rush in, kill as many as we can and pull out our Captains?” Safia suggested, to scattered sighs of noncommittal assent. Gwynn just sighed and shook her head.

“Does anyone have a better plan?” she tried again.

“What we need is a distraction,” Nishi directed.

“Agreed. What are you thinking?” Gwynn asked.

Nishi laughed uncomfortably, “That was all I had.”

"Chaos, confusion, and panic," Fayette said, musingly.

"What?"

Several voices asked the question, but it was Gwynn she chose to look at. "The demons and their spawn outnumber us, so we need an edge. We need to sow panic, get them off guard, and hit fast. Explosions and fires would be best for that." She gestured with her thumb. "Senzang's good for explosives, and Muhyaddeen's a pyromaniac. Hells, all my crew've burned shit down before. You got anyone?"

She leaned on the table, staring at the grain. "Damn, but I wish we had a map. But we get them in and set off some fires. Big ones. Rest of the crew is scattered among the crowd, to start screaming and freaking out. Panic's contagious, even if it isn't real when it starts."

Eitoku brought up the obvious. "How do we get them out of the arena floor, though?"

"That's my job," Fayette declared. "But once the panic starts, I need as many fighters as can to head for the gladiator cells. I'll need help clearing a path, once we get them off the floor."

The Siren crew looked over at Amaravati at the mention of fire. “Yeah, I can help with that,” the slender mage agreed, before turning her attention to Mei, “and you can make fog.”

“Going to need a lot of water present for that,” Mei argued, wringing her hands.

“Shouldn’t be a problem,” Gwynn noted, unrolling the parchment, “Because Rudain is advertising a naval battle for the Captain and Yusef to participate in.” She surveyed the hull once more, hoping someone would put forward a reasonable objection, and devise a better plan from the ether. But there wasn’t time, and even if there were, it’s uncertain a better plan even existed. This was what the had. All they had. Either it worked, or it didn’t. “We have a plan now. Might as well get to work.”

Hours passed in silence in Aurelia’s room within Rudain’s palace. Silence she filled with thoughts, concerns, questions. Concern over Yusef, and what they might be doing to him. Concern over her crew, and even the free company, that they would be targeted as well. Concern that they might try something stupid, like a doomed rescue attempt. A half dozen times she was tempted to ask for parchment and a quill, in the hopes that she could send out a missive to her people before her demise. But she knew if her crew was planning a rescue, her words would have little effect, and she suspected it was the same with Yusef’s people. Though, if he wrote like the late Caliph…

Dammit, why couldn’t she stop thinking about that? Dreams had mingled with Rudain’s words, and she even more confused about the entire situation. What Did the Onyx Queen have to do with her? Why was she dreaming about her, and why was Yusef in those dreams? Dreams of making love, as husband and wife, dreams of his comforting embrace and tender affections. Dreams that felt so godsdamn real, she couldn’t say for certain what she had actually, legitimately, developed feelings for Yusef, or just felt the reverberations of the past. Of her past?

Clearly Rudain thought there was a connection between her and this woman. The resemblance couldn’t be denied. And there was something to be said of the dreams she had, before she knew a thing about the woman. Was it possible that a past life was bleeding over to her present? It wasn’t the craziest thing she had heard, though she didn’t know what it meant. Likely nothing, when she faces her demise, in a couple days from now.

The silence ended as night fell, and Esmeralda was once more in her room, “Our Liege would have you at dinner.”

“I’ll pass.”

“It’s not an option.”

“I told him already that I will not be his concubine, his pet or his slave.”

“Perhaps, but you are still his prisoner. So stop thinking you have a choice in the matter.” She hissed, growing angry at Auerlia’s resolution. She stared at the woman for a few moments before sighing and getting to her feet. It wasn’t yet the time for resistence.

Esmerelda escorted Aurelia in silence, with four armed soldiers flanking them. They wound upwards through the palace, passing along corridors of rose marble lined with mosaics of semiprecious stones, watching courtiers and functionaries and palace staff scatter to avoid the guards. Finally, they paused outside an ornately-carved sandalwood door. Esmerelda started to raise her hand, then hesitated. "You don't have a choice," she repeated. "Stop standing on your damn principles, would you? Lord Rudain takes what it wants. So take the offer that will please the Evening Star. That way, for the most part, it'll be... pleasant."

Then she pushed open the door. Beyond was a smallish room, huge pillar-supported windows on two walls opening it to the evening sky. Everything was rose and white marble and gold, with elaborate carpets spread on the floor and a low table spread with fruit and olives and cheeses. Two reclining couches were set beside the table, and huge ebon-skinned slaves stood beside them with great two-handed fans. Rudain lay draped across one couch, casually eating a grape.

"Aurelia Seabourne begs admittance to the serene presence of the Emir Rudain az-Zuban ul-Janubiy," Esmerelda announced formally. "Should it please your dread majesty."

Rudain smiled, and waved a jewel-encrusted hand languidly. "It would please Us greatly. Let the Lady Aurelia attend us."

Esmerelda discretely pushed Aurelia into the room. "Do it," she hissed. "Stop fucking around, and accept."

Rudain rose and approached, steps so light that the demon seemed to drift towards her. "Ah, you are lovely as ever," it said, lifting Aurelia's hand. The demon's lips seemed to burn, as if from heat and cold at the same time, as it kissed her fingertips. "Come, your majesty." It turned, taking Aurelia's arm with such grace that seemed to be mockery and escorting her to the table. "We have much to discuss, you and I."

Reclining once more, the demon gestured to indicate that Aurelia should take a seat as well. "You should try the grapes," it invited, selecting one. Then it hesitated, and the grape withered into dust. "But then, I recall that you were always more fond of olives."

Slender, graceful fingers lifted a dark green fruit. "Here you are. A gift."

Aurelia refused to show fear on her features as Rudain approached her, but it was hard not to flinch as his lips brushed against her skin. Would this be the last days of her life? Spending time in its company, dread and disgust boiling just underneath the surface? What an idiot she had been to avoid Yusef all those times. Turning to the cold touch of a glass phallus, instead of his fiery embrace. Taking a job from the Demon prince, instead of just fucking Yusef.

Still, despite her resistance, the fruit on the table was fragrant. Appetizing. She hadn’t eaten in over a day, and while it wasn’t enough to sway her willpower, she was aware of the grumble in her stomach. The aching emptiness. Though, the way the grape withered at his touch did settle her stomach some. Still, she took the offered olive, rolling it between her finger tips, waiting to see if it would succumb to the same fate as the grape.

“You hesitate. What do you fear?” Rudain surmised, watching her with bright golden eyes. Eyes that saw through her, saw past her. Saw inside her, just as his touch had reached into her very core.

“That accepting your food binds me to you,” Aurelia admitted, not meeting Rudain’s eyes.

“Well, that would be fair, wouldn’t it?” Rudain suggested, popping another grape into its mouth. Continuing to watch her, taking in her postures, her gestures, her expression. “But that is not my intention. This is merely compensation for your gracious company.”

“I’m not going to change my mind,” She admitted frankly, not in the mood to play polite in her last hours of life.

“Now, now. Let us enjoy dinner before you make such hasty proclamations.”

“No dinner is going to sway me. Nothing would sway me.”

“Nothing?” Rudian sighed, and clicked its tongue. “I promise you will live to regret this decision.”

“Not as much as I would regret taking the other choice.”

"You are as stubborn as you ever were," Rudain sighed. "I had hoped you had learned wisdom, after our last meeting." The demon smiled indulgently. "Was there no pleasure to be found in my touch? Did I not heal your hurts, soothe your pain? Is the prospect of binding yourself to me so terribke?"

Her look of contempt - quite a remarkable display if subtelty, for a human - spoke volumes. "So be it." With another elaborate sigh, Rudain examined the grape it held. "Then let me tell you of tomorrow's entertainment. For the pleasure of the mob, we will reenact a moment of great significance - the final victory of the Evening Star Rising in the Scirpion, uniting this archipelago under the banner of the Veiled Whisper. Do you recall it?"

Leaning back, inhuman eyes focused on her, the demon slowly at the grape. "I was there, of course. A century past, commanding the battle named in my honor. My warships had brought the remaining fleet of the Onyx Queen to bay, and one by one we burned them and shackled the souls of their crews."

It lifted an ivory chalce filled with a crimson liquid that might have been wine to its lips. "Last to fall was her flagship. The Onyx Queen fought a magnificent battle, standing alone until fatigue and weight of numbers dragged her down." Another sip. "She had spurned me, as you do. And so I made a gift of her to my crew." Rudain smiled, studying her reaction. "She lived for days, serving their pleasures. In fact, I suspect several men had her after death, while she was still warm and pliant."

Rising, Rudain summoned the guard by clapping. "You will play the part of the Onyx Queen, tomorrow. A prize for the gladiators who capture you, for the amusement of the people. Do try to put on a good performance." It dismissed her with a gesture. "Chain her with the other, and do not oermit her to injure herself. We want her at her strongest, for tomorrow."

“That’s not what I remember,” Aurelia said, surprised to find herself speaking. Surprised to find herself admitting this. Curiosity gleamed in Rudain’s eyes, studying her. “Perhaps that is how you wished it happened. I remember the bounty you had on my head, to be brought to you alive.” Memories rushed back, filling her mind. A lifetime of war, of resistance and revolt. “I remember the battle, and I remember how it ended. In flames, and fire, igniting my own ship, with your lieutenants on board. Hoping to win your favor with my capture, I took five of them down with me. You cannot rewrite history.”

Abhorrence spread over Rudain’s lips in a thin smile, eyes like golden daggers as she refused to appease it, “Perhaps not, but neither can you. Tomorrow the long awaited punishment shall commence, and everyone see what fate befalls the rebellious Onyx Queen. That will be your part.” Rising, Rudain summoned the guard by clapping.” A prize for the gladiators who capture you, for the amusement of the people. Do try to put on a good performance." It dismissed her with a gesture. "Chain her with the other, and do not permit her to injure herself. We want her at her strongest, for tomorrow."

Aurelia didn’t resist as they dragged her underground, but still they cuffed her arms anyways, thick fingers digging into her flesh. Hardened men and women occupied the cells they passed, spewing obscenities, heckling the guards, taunting her. She let the words pass over her, refusing to stop or slow down enough for them to sink in. At the end of the dungeon halls was her cell, with only one other occupant. Yusef.

He looked well enough, all things considered. Not beaten or tortured or raped, as far as she could tell. A small relief. She didn’t say anything, just stared at him as the guards lead her in, affixing a chain to her ankle, and the wall. Long enough she could walk the length of her cell. Long enough she could go to him, even as she restrained herself for the moment. Without another word the guards left, locking them in. She waiting until their footsteps were distant, before trusting herself to speak.

“I can’t apologize enough for dragging you into all this. Are…are you okay?”

Yusef tensed as he heard the key in the lock, and he sprang as the door opened. It was a terribke pkan, he knew. Not actually a plan at all. But if he could take diwn the first guard and get a weapon, he might be able to kill the other before an alarm was raised. Then he'd have a chance - a slim chance, but still a chance - to find Aurelia and escape.

The first guard was obviously prepared for such a gambit. He barely responded, just casually slammed the shaft of his halbard into his gut and sent him staggering backwards. He didn't even follow up. He just went about his business as Yusef knelt and gasped for breath. So he did nothing as they marched Aurelia in and chained her to the wall. And then they left.

"I can't apologize enough for dragging you into this," she said as the footsteps of the guards receeded. "Are... are you okay?"

"Yeah," Yusef managed, voice hoarse as he finished reinflating his lungs. "Just... got the wind knocked out of me." He crawled across the floor, uncertain if his legs were ready to support him yet, and sat next to her. "And... you?"

He looked he over, relieved to find no visible signs of rape. No bruising ir scrapes or anything. And her clothes - a clingy sort of dress of fine linen - shiwed no damage ir stains. "So...how was the party?"

Aurelia leaned her head against Yusef’s shoulder as he sat beside her, finding she longed for his touch right now. She laughed lightly at his joke, wishing it were easier to forget what Rudain had promised. “Oh, you know how it goes, ‘Stay with me, forever, you’ll be my fanciest slave.’”She shook her head and sighed, “Rudain told me how he plans to execute me. Or, us, I guess. He wants to recreate the fall of the Onyx Queen, since he seems to think I am her, or something. A naval battle, for the amusement of the crowd culminating in our demise.” Her tone was bitter, a bit defeated perhaps. She knew that between slavery and death, she’d choose death every time, but she wished she didn’t have to make the choice at all. And the death that Rudain had planned for her? Still, she didn’t mention it to Yusef, no need to be any more depressing in the moment.

“I wish you had stopped me, from taking the job with Rudain,” She found herself admitting, leaning into his body, “Then we wouldn’t be in this mess. Granted, We’d still have a few score of orphans to house and feed but…” She exhaled. Whatever happened to her now, they were safe. They weren’t going to be slaves or sacrifices, or be forced to walk in her footsteps. “It’s all just…so pointless. I thought that giving into my lust over you would cause me to lose my objectivity, would put my crew at risk, but hell, I managed to do while denying myself what I wanted.”

She wanted comfort, affection, pleasure. She wanted to forget she condemned herself to death, for just a little while. “I was an idiot, Yusef. I should have chosen you, over the demon, over the quick easy money that was neither quick nor easy. I should have fucked you, right there on my desk, as a big ‘fuck you’ to that bastard. “ The confessions spilled out, before she could restrain them, or hold anything back.

Back
Top Bottom