Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A dwarf and a halfing walk into a bar... [Haru||Verikatt] - NSFW

Ransa almost argued with Argus when he gave her an extra portion of food. She knew better though. Once a Dwarf made up their mind it was almost impossible to change it. She'd save that argument for when it was REALLY important. "I won't argue too much this time Argus but the next time we eat YOU get the extra portion. I will be fine but I need help with my wrappings for my rib. They are still sensitive but I should be back to normal in a day or two. Hold one end so I can adjust it write? Then I'll use some of my scarves to hide it with. We are a day travel from the first stop for my kind. I don't suppose you manipulate any earth and stone so we could travel a bit underground?"

Ransa inhaled sharply as she tried to get her wrap on just right. Finally, with Argus help, Ransa got to where she could finish getting dressed. Finally she was ready and nodded to Argus. She took down the guarding stones which had hid the entrance to the cave and nodded to Argus that she was ready.

Argus could only nod as Ransa stated what she wanted when next they ate - that he take the extra portion. He helped her as she indicated, his medical knowledge a bit lacking compared to her own. When she asked about the powers some of his kin had, rune magic, he shook his head.

"Sorry, Little One. That sort of skill is beyond me. Only the most devout followers of Moradin can do such things." he lamented. Then he watched as she took down the stones and Argus poked his head out, axe at the ready. He breathed a sigh of relief and motioned fore her to follow, glancing up at the sun to gauge the time of day. The cave had dulled the sense of the passage of time, and besides, it had been dark! It looked to be just a bit before noon.

"So west for about a day and we should run across some of your people?" he confirmed. Once he had the direction he headed that way, sometimes carrying Ransa on his back. She weighed next to nothing, and he really didn't get tired. Besides, it was nice.

"Yes that is right. We go west for a day, day and a half max, and then I should be able to contact my kin. We each have our own way of contacting kin. Some others might respond first, allies if you will, to see that everything is ok. Then it is less than a day before my kin will come. My clan is a cautious bunch. I will warn you now that I did not get along with a lot of them. Hopefully when I introduce myself they will let us stay at least overnight."

Ransa enjoyed the times when Argus carried her. It was a treat and she loved being in his arms. It didn't always have to be a sexual thing and Ransa was mature enough to recognize it. Argus carrying her when she could walk was both endearing and sensible. She would lay her head against his broad chest and smile.

Nodding his understanding, Argus could only hope that those who gave chase had either begged off or had taken another route. Keeping alert for any signs of being followed, Argus set out westward, hoping to cross from Thrane and into Breland. He was sure that there might be some outposts along the border. They would be able to avoid them, but they would at least let him know where they were.

Unfortunately they'd decided to stay out of The Greenhaunt, which was good, but afforded them no shade. Eventually Argus, though he was not terribly tired, was extremely thirsty. He stopped and set Ransa down, reaching into the sack for one of his most prized possessions, a plain clay jug. He pulled it from the sack and it immediately filled with water at his command. He drank long and deep. He then offered it to Ransa.

"This is as good a place as any to stop for second breakfast... unless you want to press onward until lunch?" he suggested. "I've not seen any Breland soldiers, though they might not have an outpost this far out. Who is to say they'd be friendly to use anyway. I'm not even sure who the men chasing us were. Those automatons weren't marked either." Argus mused.

"I think that I am fine to wait. I do not want to get fat so you won't look at me. I shall wait." It was a lame excuse. Ranza was a game little halfling though. She didn't want to appear to be weak. She wanted to get them to safety also. She would just have settle with only one breakfast. She hoped her stomach wouldn't rumble too loudly while they made their way to meet with her family. She took the job from Argus and took a small drink. Afterwards she looked into the bottle and smiled when she noticed it was filled up again. She took a couple more sips and then handed it back to Argus with a smile and a hug.

It was another 20 minutes before Ransa spotted a first marker. "Go over to that dip in the sand Argus. It has a lone rock by it. Before you get there sniff and see if you can smell somebody being there recently. I believe that it is one of the first markings of my people. It is a trap so don't get too close or pick up the stone. If it is what I think it is, when you pick up the stone or walk across that section it will collapse. We will need to put the rock back, but in a different position. Then we wait."

Argus snorted. "I doubt there's a way you could make me not look at you." he said, and rubbed her bottom. He loved his little Ransa, and he knew that the sooner they found her people the safer that they might be. She took a tentative drink, and handed it back to him, hugging his thigh.

The dwarf followed her instructions, moving as tentatively as his large body would allow, and not sure why Ransa wasn't the one doing the moving of the stone. His heavy dwarven body wasn't suited for the stealth and the light footwork, but he got the stone and replaced it in a different position.

He then grabbed a few things out of his haversake and made a lean-to for them to at least be in the shade, the jug produced once more so they could stay hydrated.

Ransa had to give Argus extra hugs for his answer of doubting he would stop looking at her. She also knew that Argus was puzzled by her giving him directions. It was logical to her but then she knew the place and he didn't. After the lean-to was set up Ransa crawled in. She poked her head out of the lean-to . "I'm not sure how long it will be. I'm sure you probably am wondering why I had you move the stone and such? I had to have somebody besides a Halfling do it. Only then would the clan be notified that an outsider was there. You might feel the earth shake first. That would be the lift coming up. Then the ground will move aside. "

Ransa looked at the jug again and then reached into her pack and pulled out some beef jerky. "Here. Have some of this. Since we made it here now we can eat a bit more. "

The halflings were a little wary of outsiders. For those that went out to travel the world and learn various skills they were canny and extremely brave adventurers. Like Ransa. But for those that never left their homes they were suspicious of outsiders and were generally 'homebodies'.

Under the shade of the lean-to Argus pulled Ransa to his lap as he ate some of the jerky and the plain clay jug filled with a strong ale this time. It could replicate a variety of liquids, but Argus usually drank water while traveling. Now though they had a bit of time and he'd missed his ale. He spent his time rubbing Ransa's pert little ass and drinking ale while they waited on her people.

Ransa leaned her head against Argus chest and smiled. "Remind me to get a food bag like your water bag. Then we can stay where we want between...wait., you have ale now. Ohhhh. That pouch is extra special then. Drink, food, and you. Yes, I could live comfortably then." Ransa wiggled her ass against Argus hand and smiled up at him.

It was a couple of hours later that the first signs of the ground moving could be felt. Ransa looked at Argus but didn't say anything until the movement didn't stop.
"It had better be them otherwise I'm going to get mad at whomever for interrupting us!" She got off of Argus and looked out the lean-to. Finally she stepped totally out of the lean-to and stared at the ground which seemed to be sinking while a lift was starting to appear.

At Ransa's suggestion of a food bag he snorted in amusement and gave her a kiss. "I might look into that. Plentiful food, drink and my little Ransa. Yes, life could be good." Argus agreed.

Argus joined her at the rumbling sound as as she exited the small shade, and he stood there, trying to assume a nonthreatening stance as much as possible. The lift appeared and he breathed a sigh of relief when he did see a few halflings there, one of them obviously older than the others. The eyes all fell on Argus, then moved to Ransa. Though it was true that halflings and dwarves got along well, they weren't likely to let Argus enter without taking his weapons.

The Elder spoke. "I'm Tiff, and this is Doyle and his brother Pye. Seems you might be in need of some help." he said, looking at Ransa.

Ransa wasn' surprised that they were talking to her and not Argus. They weren't ignoring Argus either. Ransa stepped forward and nodded to the three men. Hello Eldar Tiff, Doyle and Pye. You may call me Ransa. My companion and protector is named Argus. I am hoping to find some information and a safe place to stay for a bit. We need to restock. " Ransa paused for a moment and then leaned in to whisper "Plus we have a puzzle that needs figuring out. I hoped that I might visit a book and talk. I do not have much but will skip a meal if need be to do so."

Ransa knew that no respected halfling would make another hafling skip a meal but it was a sign of how serious their mission was. "My friend here might be convinced to share some ale with you also. I think I have seen a couple of you before. Perhaps when I was dancing?"

The halflings seemed naturally suspicious of Argus, but it wasn't as bad as it might have been were he human. At least dwarves and halflings got along for the most part. Still, having the dwarf allowed to walk around freely in their settlement might take a bit of convincing, and as Ransa mentioned having a drink Argus nodded and produced the jug, which immediately filled with ale. He handed it over to the Elder first.

The Elder raised a brow and then took the jug, drinking. He then passed it to his guards. After Ransa said something about dancing, the one named Pye looked at her more closely.

"I do remember you! Quite the showgirl if I remember!" he said, looking at her more appreciatively now, and nudging Doyle with his elbow. Dancing halflings were not so uncommon, but naked dancing halflings certainly were. Ransa had a reputation, and of course her moves had been what attracted Argus to begin with.

The next hour is spent drinking and the halflings try to convince Ransa to put on a little show before they allow the two to enter, something of a private viewing. By now even the Elder is a little tipsy.

Ransa chuckled. SHE didn't mind dancing nude but she wasn't sure how Argus would feel and this would not be the time for him to lose control. "Alas, my unclothed dancing is pretty much behind me but I could dance clothed for you. Perhaps not this time though since I am healing up from a broken rib injury." Ransa unwrapped part of her scarf that was covering up her wrapping, knowing that it would give the men a sneak peek at her body and also let them know that she was lying. Of course Halflings never lied, they just embellished and led the truth down a merry path.

"Besides, we are too famished for anything like that. I had to skip meals to make it here. My injuries were from automatons chasing us. Please? May we come into your sanctuary to heal, rest, eat and study?" As pleaded with the men to let them into their village, Ransa let her scented scarf follow her movements of weaving in and around the three men. It was easy to avoid their grasping of her scarf, in their drunken condition. She knew that if they drank any more, none of them would be able to negotiate the entrance. She gave Argus a sign that it would be best to put away the wine for now.

It really didn't take much convincing for the halflings to allow Ransa and Argus to come below with them, though the dwarf was warned to keep his axe secure. They were a peaceful community. The males seemed disappointed that Ransa might not dance for them, but otherwise the trio seemed to get along quite fine with the dwarf and with Ransa. So they invited them onto the lift.

The steel grated lift had a railing that they pulled and locked into place and as they began to descend they could see that it wound around a stalactite much like a spiral staircase, the track it followed geared to stop at any point within a three foot span. Soon the halfling city below the surface came into sight. It was really quite large and set in an immense cavern.

Argus let out a low whistle. "Reminds me of home." he said, and gave Ransa's tiny rump a pat as he smiled.

Soon the lift came to a stop and the railing dropped so they could walk off. The Elder motioned for them to follow, and soon they had walked down a ramp and were on the surface streets of the city. They used the natural stalagmites and stalactites and there were buildings on the surface where they wee, and then far overhead. Bridges connected certain areas, and the Elder brought them to a large building that looked rather courtly.

"The Elders will be gathered so that you can tell them what you need." Tiff said, and motioned for them to enter and there were cushioned benches where they could wait. "It should not be long. We don't like to dilly-dally." he said and gave them a bright smile. So far it looked promising.

Ransa was pleased that Argus liked the underground caverns. Most people thought of Halflings as living in dirt. Technically she supposed they did but she also knew that their cities could rival the underground Elves, or Drow as they were often called.

"Thank you for giving us an opportunity. Perhaps afterwards I could do a general dance for all. Of course it will be up to the Eldars. In the meantime, do you think you could arrange for lodging for the two of us and some food?" Ransa leaned in and gave Tiff a quick kiss and then stepped closer to Argus for she had heard the doors starting to open.

She adjusted her outfit and then strode forward. She stopped half way into the room and waited for the formal invitation to move closer. Ransa could feel Argus off to one side of her so she smiled at him. She knew that she was stronger when he was by her and hoped that it was reversed too. Finally one of the Eldars stood up and looked at Argus.
"You have asked for an audience. Why? Why do you travel with our Kin?"

Tiff nodded readily as Ransa asked about securing lodging, and smiled at the kiss. Then the doors opened and Tiff waved as he went off to do as Ransa had asked, and the halfling with her dwarf were ushered inside. The halflings Elders were arranged in a semi-circle and Ransa and Argus were urged to the middle. The Elder gave their first question and Argus did his best to answer. He told them of how he and Ransa had met and the people and machines that they had fled from, and also told them about the Key they had found, gesturing for Ransa to show the item.

"I don't know who is after us, nor what this Key does, but I'm going to protect Ransa with my life until this is over." Argus said, and if the halflings knew anything about dwarves they knew they were stubborn and followed through on a promise no matter what.

Argus had, however, elegantly omitted the parts about how he and Ransa were now lovers. He thought that would be best for now.

Ransa saw the eldars sit up a little straighter on the news about the key. A mystery was almost better than multiple breakfasts to the Eldars. They were set above the others and even when they tried to interact, they were still on the border of being outcasts. It was when people came in to seek their advice, they got animated.

"Show us this key. We shall put it through the trial. That will be done tonight. We shall meet again after second breakfast tomorrow. In the meantime, you will be given quarters here. We ask that you do not leave the confines of the shire. We cannot guarantee your safety.

Ransa smiled at the Eldars and walked forward to give the key to them. She paused as she put the key on the table and didn't take her hand off of it. "We thank you for looking into this but you have not mentioned about us having use of your facilities for potions and such nor about the use of the Library. We can have access to those places can't we?" Ransa started to slowly pull the key back towards her as she waited for their decision.

"You may use all of the facilities here at your discretion. Just be careful that nothing gets taken or ruined." they were told, obviously aiming those words at the hefty dwarf now in their midst. Argus sighed but nodded. He had no intention of doing any such thing, but he was far larger and heavier and stronger than the halflings here so he'd have to take care.

"It's ok, they need to have the Key to inspect it. Unless you think any other community would be more helpful?" Argus said, his words spoken loud enough to make the Elders bristle. "We don't know if whomever wants this Key might have already been here and turned this community against us." he posited.

The Elders grumbled amongst themselves. "We'll take exceptional care of the item. You'll also, as stated, have full use of the Library and anything else you might need, as well as private accommodations." they stated, hinting that tey knew what sort of relationship that Ransa and Argus likely had.

Argus looked at Ransa and gave a half shrug, leaving the decision up to her. Once they turned over the Key they were at the mercy of those here.

Ransa swished back and forth while the Eldars talked. It was to help them feel more relaxed and to take favorable action on their request. It certainly didn't hurt and they were granting them access to the library.

Ransa left the key with the Eldars and went back to Argus. She smiled up at him and slipped her hand into his, putting any doubt about a relationship between the two of them to rest. Tiff finally came back and announced that their accommodations were ready. He did wait until the Eldar's gavel came down to indicate that the meeting came to an end.

"That went well. I think I might dance for them before we leave as a thank you. Since they are the Eldar's it will be more traditional and most of clothes on. What do you think Argus?"

She knew that Tiff was listening so word would get out about her dancing if Argus agreed. She didn't need to ask Argus but it was another way to confirm that they were together. Ransa loved that word "together". It meant that she had a protector and in Argus case, her protector was large and VERY capable.

Tiff led Ransa and Argus towards the outer rim of their underground shire. Not all the way out but certainly not in the middle of it. That suited Ransa fine because she wouldn't have to try and stifle her cries of joy when Argus would take her in the middle of the night. Tiff stopped in front of a large door that was built into the dirt wall. He looked also apologetic for where he had led them to but smiled and handed the door key over to Argus and then quickly disappeared.

"We technically are in the shire but only almost. The good point is that we are only a couple of blocks from the library so we don't have to travel too far. If we were tracked it will also be easier to get away. Let's see what they gave us. Going by the size of the door, it should be really roomy and might come with a servant since I can smell food cooking."

Argus chuckled at Ransa's suggestion of a dance. "I rather think they'd like that, and it certainly couldn't hurt our standing here." he agreed. As she walked her hips swayed, and Argus knew her lithe little form would entrance their hosts.

Tiff had led them to a modest but sturdily constructed halfling home. Of course it was a bit different than one might expect of a normal home, being well underground and all, but he smiled as Ransa spoke. "You might be right. I certainly smell food, and to be honest this whole ordeal has been a bit exhausting. I could use some relaxation." he said. Fitting the key into the lock they soon had access to the house.

As the door opened the smell of food became stronger and it wafted through the house. A lilting sort of singing could be heard, and Argus looked over his shoulder at Ransa and shrugged. Just then, a small slim halfling female could be seen dancing from one room to another and she gave a little start.

"Oh! Hello! You must be the guests! I'm Belnara but most just call me Bel! It's a pleasure to meet you!" she said, her voice quite soft as her ice blue eyes looked them over. She had pointed ears, much like Ransa, and short blue-ish white hair. She was very fair skinned, and she clasped her hands before her and shifted from foot to foot, excitedly awaiting a response. Argus was first.

"I'm Argus and this is Ransa. It's a pleasure to meet you Bel. Whatever you're cooking smells wonderful, but I sure could use a bath first!" he said.

Bel's eyes lit up. "I can help you with that!" she squeaked, and her eyes slid to Ransa as if seeing if it was ok.

Ransa chuckled at Bel's impatience. "Hi Bel. I'm Ransa. Was that you we heard singing? I love your hair color. It looks good on you. " Ransa looked at Bel and then at Argus. "You go take your bath Argus. I will be there shortly. I smell some good food and my stomach is rumbling. I can bring you some food too if you want. I just need something in my belly before dancing tonight."

Last edited:
"You like it? Thanks! I like your hair too. You go get your food and I'll help Argus find the tub. At the last minute we brought in the party tub so it will fit him. Are you two exclusive?" Bel wouldn't have normally asked such a question but since Ransa was another little people she thought she would ask. She was impressed if they were a couple because Argis was so HUGE! Bel tapped her feet until Ransa left and then turned to Argus, not waiting for an answer from Ransa. It seemed that Halflings didn't always wait for answers to questions. Bel just giggled and turned to Argus. "I hope you didn't mind me asking those questions. Follow me and I'll show you the tub. it's a BIG tub. We call it the party tub because so many of us can fit in it. You'll take up a lot of room. Want me to wash your back? It must be hard to reach it. Then you can sit and stretch out. Well *I* can swim in it, probably Ransa could too. I don't think you could but you can probably at least stretch out and not be cramped. Have you seen Ransa dance before? I've heard she is very good at it. I hope that I'll be able to watch too. Do you think she'd dance with me?"

Just like Ransa, Bel was a little bottle of bubbles, and quite easily spoke her mind. The unspoken discourse between the two did not go unnoticed, and Argus watched as the lithe halfling dancer went to put some food in her belly. He then turned to Bel and gestured for her to lead the way as she told him to follow.

"I don't think she'd mind dancing for you, or even letting you join in. Ransa is a fun loving gal, and very friendly." he assured Bel, and soon she had led him down a corridor and then a small dropped floor area within which had been placed a large stone tub. Bel practically beamed.

It was obvious that the tub had been manufactured by dwarven hands, as halflings didn't usually deal in such stonework, and sure enough, just under the lip, Argus spotted the dwarven mastersmith rune. He smiled and looked at Bel.

"Very nice." he said. It was a common misconception that dwarves hated water, or baths. Each dwarf was different in their likes and dislikes, and many loved to take hot soaks after a long day of toiling in caverns for ore and other precious things. "Is there a way I could have my clothes cleaned?" Argus asked, not wanting to put back on road stained clothes after scrubbing clean.

"Of course you can have your clothes cleaned. I'll take them right after you strip down and get into the tub. I must make sure you don't slip and hurt yourself you know." Bel giggled and rocked back and forth on her heels as she waited for Argus to strip down. She was looking forward to this part. Perhaps he would take her up on her suggestion. She had never seen a totally naked dwarf before. She had seen some that were naked from the waist up but not totally naked. Were they really as big as was rumored?

"Ransa said she was getting something to eat and she might bring something back. Would you like me to get you something just in case? if you have traveled long with her you probably know that she can eat a lot. We ALL can eat a lot and don't like to rush it. Have you been with her long? Have you slept together? Are you a couple? Do you do a lot of couple things together?"

Bel looked at Argus with curiosity in her eyes. She was curious about Argus and Ransa relationship. She didn't know how it would work but it would be a good tale to hear.

Argus couldn't argue with Bel's logic and slipped off his armor and then the plain cotton tunic that was under it, his muscles rippling with the action, and he bent to undo his boots and then shrugged out of his breeches, that thick uncut cock coming into view and unabashedly on display for Bel. There he was in all his glory, solidly built, wide in the shoulders and deep of chest, solidly packed with muscle and no few amount of scars.

Legs flexed as Argus ran a hand over the dwarven rune and the stone basin started to fill. Easing himself into the water he finally answered Bel's questions. "I'd love something to eat. Surprise me. As for Ransa and myself, yes, we've slept together. Several times. I'd say we're a couple, and yes, we do couple things together. I dunno if we're exclusive though, her and I have never spoken about it." he mused, and looked at Bel. "Why do you ask?"

Back
Top Bottom