Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dunzzerik's reluctant brides

freeko

Star
This is the OOC for the game. Invites have been sent out, and for those who have been invited I present the character creation rules which in a fit of fatigue have chosen to give options

Character creation rules are as follows:

1: I have no reservation on classes nor races that the character may pick. Any bonuses that a class or race bestows upon the character will be applied after the base stats are established in character creation in rule 3.

2: All characters created for this game must be 18+ and I would strongly suggest that they be 21+ due to the content planned for the game.

3: Characters will start at level 1 and stats are to be determined using the following method. Each character picks a strength and a weakness which is expressed by being granted either a 16, 17 or 18 in the stat of their choosing to express the strength and any combination of an 8, 8+8, or 7 to place in the stat of their choosing as a weakness.

I will allow either a point buy system or 4d6k3 for the remaining stats however there is a small twist if the 4d6k3 is chosen. For two of the stats you keep the highest 3 dice and for the other two the lowest 3 dice are chosen. If 4d6k3 is chosen, the strength stat must be a 16 to prevent a character from being too powerful compared to the rest of the group. Rolling should be done using a verifiable method, aka through an online dice roller where I can verify the results of the rolls. If 8+8 is chosen for the weakness then remove one of the 4d6k3 rolls on the low end as well since it is not needed. If any stat rolled ends up below an 8 then assume the roll is instead an 8 for the purposes of character creation.

Point buy is scaled according to the strengths and weaknesses that are chosen. Points are used as followed and a character can have a maximum of 18 points overall assigned throughout the stats as a whole.

Stat score - point value:

18 - 17pt
17 - 13pt
16 - 10pt
15 - 7pt
14 - 5pt
13 - 3pt
12 - 2pt
11 - 1pt
10 - 0pt
9 - -1pt
8 - -2pt
7 - -4pt

For example, if the chosen stats for the strength and weakness are 18 and 8 that would be 15 points total leaving 3 points to use on the remaining 4 stats. However if the chosen strength and weakness are 16 and 8+8 that would be only 6 points leaving 12 to be assigned among the remaining 3 stats. I may grant re-rolls on particularly terrible stat rolls if the 4d6k3 method is chosen, but then again it might just be fun to be underpowered in this game, who knows.

4: Background skills are going to be used and information on that mechanic can be found here:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/background-skills

5: I am considering the usage of automatic bonus progression as well, but I want this to be voted on by the players. Information about this system can be found here:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/automatic-bonus-progression

I would consider using the standard table or adjusting for a game that has no magical items and per the table I would give a 2 level bonus toward the table starting characters at level 3 for the purposes of the table only.

6: Starting gold will be the maximum allowed for the class of the character at level 1.

7: This is currently a placeholder for all the things that I am forgetting. I have no doubt that I forgot something, so this is that catch-all to cover for me ;p.

Any questions should be addressed with me via PM.

Back
Top Bottom