Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question about Indentation/Spacing

BennyQ

αὐτοκράτωρ
Supporter
Greetings BMR.

I have a technical issue that I would like advice or a solution on from someone who might be knowledgeable about such a thing. I am attempting to create a sort of rudimentary spreadsheet in a PM message to display in an analytic format about a long term RP of mine. We have a roleplay that has gone over 50 threads via PMing, covering about 25 in-RP years and such. What I'm trying to do is create a post where I can have a list of character names in a column on the left, with a thread # or title in a row at the top. With these two axis's, I intend to input numbers in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet format.

The problem is is that whenever I try to space data out, it all ends up converging on one side instead of spacing out in an orderly fashion. For example, I would have about five or six spaces between one row and the next, yet when I go Preview Post, it all bunches up on the left side as if I hadn't entered any spaces at all. Is there a reason for this, like why the system will interpret me entering five or six spaces and squeeze it out as one?

I would also like to ask if there is some sort of Indentation command prompt you can perhaps write into the post. Like when you putting in images, you type and [/ img] with the url between. Is it possible with Indenting? Probably like a [indent = ###] and [/ indent] command?

It's not a make or break issue for me. I could always just use Excel like a normal person and email it to my partner, but I generally try not to pry into people's personal lives outside of roleplaying, for which emailling can be considered doing so. But before I attempt this alternative, I just wanted to check with the fine, amazing people of BMR if there is a solution for this.

I have checked the first two pages of threads on this board incase this was brought up but I didn't see anything. If it has been addressed, could someone kindly inform me and I can go search further for it? Otherwise I'd appreciate any help.

Thank you!
BennyQ

Seems like it. I've decided to go ahead with probably making an Excel sheet.

Thanks for commenting! Appreciate all the help and feedback.

Back
Top Bottom