Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Post Your Face!

Temptationist said:
Xeno said:
I wish I could get a tan :(

s2Jl1pL.jpg

Stunning just as you are! :)

Arya Stark, get off of Blue Moon!

Trygon said:
Temptationist said:
Trygon said:
I know we have a few veterans, I don't know about active duty. However, they probably didn't reply to your thread as advertising one's service like that is usually considered quite tasteless.

Explain to me why advertising one's service is usually considered quite tasteless?
I'm genuinely confused by this statement.
My experience is likely modified by the fact that I live in a base town, but even walking around in uniform here is enough to get you the cold shoulder unless you're in a military hangout.

It's mostly because we have a lot of newbies that come through expecting the same salutes and pats on the back that they got wherever they went in Podunk, Kansas, and sometimes (surprisingly often) they react VERY badly when they aren't treated as the Second Coming. Someone who's opening introduction is 'I'm military!' and nothing else, and then followed up with 'See? Uniform!' puts me in mind of those podunkers.

You are more than one of the government's indentured servants, yes, Vulgrim? Tell us about that. Anyone can sign up to get shot at. What is actually interesting about you? That's what I want to hear about.

I differ substantially from Temptationist in that they call your job a lifestyle, and I can't think of anything less healthy than to make your entire identity rotate around being a disposable asset for a human construct like a government. By all means, get in, get paid, get your benefits. There's plenty of admirable reasons to sign up for the military. None of them are better than any other job, and there hasn't been any of those 'better' reasons in over 70 years.

I mean, if I made a thread that said 'Any fast food workers here? I'm a fast food worker!' and then popped over to this thread to post a picture of my Wendy's apron, people would wonder what was wrong with me. Not everyone applies the same scrutiny to military members, but enough do that it's worth being mindful of.

- I'm not an officer, so I wouldn't and couldn't be saluted if I wanted to be.

- We aren't allowed to wear uniforms when we aren't on duty, and literally have I never gone off base in uniform unless it's to grab lunch during break (even then, we have rules and regulations as to what we can and can't do in uniform off base and rules as to how long we are allowed to be in uniform off base if it isn't an organized event).

And to be completely honest with you, military life is seriously different from civilian life. That's just a fact, I'm sorry, but it is. Me and you live very different life styles, we put up with different problems and different things, and it makes more sense for me to ask if anyone here is military than it does for you to ask if anyone here is not because %99 of the US population is made up of civilians and the military are the %1.

You're right, anyone can sign up to serve (well, not anyone, you can't if you're over weight, if you have disabilities, if you fail the ASVAB or if you don't make it through basic training, or if you have a criminal record), but it doesn't take anything special to be in the military outside of discipline, I don't think. If you don't have discipline, you won't last. You need it, in this line of work.

But you said it yourself, what separates us is:

- you're a civilian

- I am government property

Am I proud of myself for being in the military? Yeah, prouder than I was as a waiter or as a clerk. I'm an eingineer by trade now, since you asked, and no, I've never been shot at, but I have deployed to Jordan, and I am currently stationed overseas.

I'm not saying my problems are greater than yours, but they are different than yours. I posted here looking for military members to communicate, chat and RP with, because they understand things that nobody else would, like what EPR season means or what an Article 15 is or what Course 15 is and what I have to deal with on a day to day basis.

I also decided to get it out there, because often times on this site I get asked by some of my RP partners what time zone I'm in, and I tell them I am in Japan, they ask if I'm Japanese, I say no, they ask why I'm here, I say I'm military, and they either reply with an, "oh, neat," or "no you're not, stolen valor!" and I was getting really sick and tired of that second response.

Mitsu said:
What? What photo manipulation? I've seen this picture posted like three years ago on Reddit.

But, LULZ.

Ariamella said:
When you get ready for absolutely no reason~

[img=450x450]http://i.imgur.com/T8pzxGQ.jpg[/img]​

Legit love those moments. I call them "For Your Own Face" days, or FYOF for short. I like giving my spontaneous pastimes strange titles.

wiki234 said:
Learning to do some photo manipulation still but pretty good right now

Seriously? That's how you want to play this?

It won't end well. No outcome is good for you at this point, but an admission and apology would be the best choice.

Trygon said:
wiki234 said:
Learning to do some photo manipulation still but pretty good right now

Seriously? That's how you want to play this?

It won't end well. No outcome is good for you at this point, but an admission and apology would be the best choice.

Ok then -.- I seriously did im sorry -.-..-

Public service announcement: Some of the members on this website are too smart for obvious deception. Unless you know all of the tricks I know in how to actually manipulate a photo to get by the search engine results, you will not be able to fake your identity. Faking your identity is disingenuous on every single level, and there really is no excuse for it. If you do not feel comfortable posting your picture, then don't post a picture of yourself or pass off another photo as "yourself". If you want people to like you, but don't want to post your picture, then win them over with your charming personality. If you try to deceive the people on this website, you will eventually be caught. Time and time again people are caught. To think you won't be caught is to consider yourself cunning enough to manipulate the sharpest minds on BMR (at least the ones that care to notice your antics).

Just don't do it, folks.

Vulgrim said:
Trygon said:
Temptationist said:
Explain to me why advertising one's service is usually considered quite tasteless?
I'm genuinely confused by this statement.
My experience is likely modified by the fact that I live in a base town, but even walking around in uniform here is enough to get you the cold shoulder unless you're in a military hangout.

It's mostly because we have a lot of newbies that come through expecting the same salutes and pats on the back that they got wherever they went in Podunk, Kansas, and sometimes (surprisingly often) they react VERY badly when they aren't treated as the Second Coming. Someone who's opening introduction is 'I'm military!' and nothing else, and then followed up with 'See? Uniform!' puts me in mind of those podunkers.

You are more than one of the government's indentured servants, yes, Vulgrim? Tell us about that. Anyone can sign up to get shot at. What is actually interesting about you? That's what I want to hear about.

I differ substantially from Temptationist in that they call your job a lifestyle, and I can't think of anything less healthy than to make your entire identity rotate around being a disposable asset for a human construct like a government. By all means, get in, get paid, get your benefits. There's plenty of admirable reasons to sign up for the military. None of them are better than any other job, and there hasn't been any of those 'better' reasons in over 70 years.

I mean, if I made a thread that said 'Any fast food workers here? I'm a fast food worker!' and then popped over to this thread to post a picture of my Wendy's apron, people would wonder what was wrong with me. Not everyone applies the same scrutiny to military members, but enough do that it's worth being mindful of.

- We aren't allowed to wear uniforms when we aren't on duty, and literally have I never gone off base in uniform unless it's to grab lunch during break (even then, we have rules and regulations as to what we can and can't do in uniform off base and rules as to how long we are allowed to be in uniform off base if it isn't an organized event).

And to be completely honest with you, military life is seriously different from civilian life. That's just a fact, I'm sorry, but it is. Me and you live very different life styles, we put up with different problems and different things, and it makes more sense for me to ask if anyone here is military than it does for you to ask if anyone here is not because %99 of the US population is made up of civilians and the military are the %1.

You're right, anyone can sign up to serve (well, not anyone, you can't if you're over weight, if you have disabilities, if you fail the ASVAB or if you don't make it through basic training, or if you have a criminal record), but it doesn't take anything special to be in the military outside of discipline, I don't think. If you don't have discipline, you won't last. You need it, in this line of work.

- you're a civilian

Am I proud of myself for being in the military? Yeah, prouder than I was as a waiter or as a clerk. I'm an eingineer by trade now, since you asked, and no, I've never been shot at, but I have deployed to Jordan, and I am currently stationed overseas.

I'm not saying my problems are greater than yours, but they are different than yours. I posted here looking for military members to communicate, chat and RP with, because they understand things that nobody else would, like what EPR season means or what an Article 15 is or what Course 15 is and what I have to deal with on a day to day basis.

I also decided to get it out there, because often times on this site I get asked by some of my RP partners what time zone I'm in, and I tell them I am in Japan, they ask if I'm Japanese, I say no, they ask why I'm here, I say I'm military, and they either reply with an, "oh, neat," or "no you're not, stolen valor!" and I was getting really sick and tired of that second response.
906049_749509531812345_6704569463669125856_o_zps3htosrer.jpg

13086747_10209637971690405_127214900927166017_o_zpscaetyady.jpg

There and don't say it's not me because I could have chosen a better looking guy lol.

Leonheart said:
Vulgrim said:
Trygon said:

- you're a civilian

906049_749509531812345_6704569463669125856_o_zps3htosrer.jpg

13086747_10209637971690405_127214900927166017_o_zpscaetyady.jpg

There and don't say it's not me because I could have chosen a better looking guy lol.

HUA!

Yay! ^^ That's cool you were in Japan though. I've always wanted to go! Thanks, Temptationist!

Oh god, guess if we're pulling out uniform pics...

untitled.jpg

12108886_192616804408643_1138169920909197963_n_zpszzebprr5.jpg

12188884_192616827741974_6212474125745579625_n_zps4dvltmor.jpg

12239710_192617371075253_2589778937828464008_n_zpsugf125y8.jpg

12227020_192617361075254_300442151926180655_n_zpsdb0hgn1k.jpg

12243376_192616814408642_418692023773083839_n_zpsodoru3aq.jpg

Yay spamming uniform pictures. lol By the way those maternity ACUs? Most comfortable fucking things on the planet. I want a pair like now...

Back
Top Bottom