Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Girl in the Fire, Boy in the Storm (Absinth and Enigma)

Kiera had expected an argument, at the least. The female shrugged lightly as she slipped down into the bubbles that eagerly covered her delicate-appearing form. Well, clearly he either didn’t know about Adam or he was keeping quiet for some reason. Either way, Kiera simply pushed it to the back of her mind as she enjoyed the hot water caress at her slightly tense muscles. The she wolf had been fortunate she had grown up in harsher conditions; simply because it kept her focused. If she were to have grown up here, there was no doubt in her mind that she would have been distracted by the luxurious lifestyle. Not to mention it most likely would have made her soft, or so she believed.

The next morning Kiera found herself waking with a soft groan, rolling over onto her side to feel a hot caress along her skin. It seemed the sun was rather potent in the waking hours here. She simply lay there, soaking in the feeling of heat traveling along her skin. Much to her surprise, there was no disruption or any summoning. It seemed as if she was left to her own devices. Kiera wasn’t sure if that was a good or bad thing. No doubt a bad thing if Daniel was behind it. The she wolf made a mental note to attempt to shift the bed to something less comfortable. That way she wouldn’t be sleeping past sunrise. This sheltered life would no doubt begin to unravel all the habits she put in place.

It didn’t take long for the female to dress. Although, when she slipped on the undergarments she gave a sigh of relief. It was almost as if they were made from air. There was support where she needed it, but nothing felt strained or tight. She’d have to get her own witch once this was done, that was for damn sure. No doubt this was just one of their many uses.

Once the red head was prepared for the day she made her way through the home, assessing how many rooms there seemed to be. If she’d been left in the dark to find her way out she had no question in her mind that she’d be stuck in there for eternity. Well, maybe not if she could smell at her usual rate. The comment Danielle had made only caused a smile to cross her lips. It was sweet of her to think of Kiera in that way. Kiera only hoped she’d bump into the woman again. Unlike her brother, Danielle was amusing to speak with. There was a certain spark about her. Sure, Daniel was attractive, but Kiera saw him mostly as a pain in her rear.

The she wolf padded silently into the kitchen, admiring the décor before grabbing an apple that sat atop various other fruits in a large ceramic bowl. She did fancy a hunt, more than anything. It was her morning ritual after all. What was the harm? Surely the wonder twins would be up and around, Kiera couldn’t do much harm. With that she simply tossed the apple back and made her way around the home until she found an exit. No matter how well she thought she was picking up the layout, it felt as if it changed.
Leaving her clothes in a neat pile, Kiera soon brought on her shift. The familiar pain of her bones breaking and beginning to realign began to fill her; the searing pain of her muscles tearing caused a soft groan to escape her. Thankfully, she knew the routine well. She knew just how much pain it would take and then it would disappear; almost as if she hadn’t felt any pain. The she wolf rose her chin, her jaw hanging open as she inhaled the morning air. There was nothing quite like that first run of the morning.

The sun glistened through the trees, trickling down onto the ground. Not that Kiera paid too much attention; her focus was directed at the pace of her paws repeatedly slamming into the ground. Her claws raked through the delicate soil, casting it aside as she soared through the well sheltered garden. There was more space than she’d anticipated, which could only be a good thing. Her promise to Adam had filled her mind. She did say she’d go back tonight. Kiera wasn’t one to go back on her word, she would just need to set a distraction.

Well, she wouldn't find anyone in the house, and she'd very quickly figure out exactly why Daniel wasn't there.

The forest had an odd quality to it. The whispers of the wind in the trees sounded almost like wolves muttering to each other, the shadows underneath the branches almost like figures flitting just out of her line of sight. Even the way the sun played through the leaves was reminiscent of pups rolling about the grass. It was said that there once was a very powerful lycanthrope pack that dominated these woods, long before the Europeans had a name for the land. That is until the Carver's came and demanded the land for themselves.

This was an old myth, supposedly, and the reasons for their claimant of the land was lost in retelling after retelling of the story. Some suggested that they were witches of a sort, that the slaughter of wolves on the land was part of some profane ritual. Other's suggested that there was something here, even before the wolves, and it was something they needed to complete something else, or something they needed to protect from others.

Whatever the case was, there was an ethereal feel to it. It was almost like being around her pack, but there was a deeper connection to be had if she wished it. It was almost like those whispers spoke to her, wanted to tell her something of interest or, perhaps, impart knowledge that would be of use. There were stories among the werewolves that, if a pack buried their dead in one spot for some time, a kind of collective 'spirit' began to evolve. It was said, once upon a time, that the only way for a pack to be truly a pack was to share their lives with the souls of their departed. Many packs had forgotten, or never knew this. Some believed it to be like religion, a fine way to live a life but useless at the end of things.

Eventually, once she'd traveled for quite some time through the forest, she'd hear the steady 'thump' of someone hitting something solid. She could smell Daniel's scent, but along with that strange ozone like smell was the sweet, musky tang of sweat layered in. Near that same scent was that of smoke born purely of wood and nothing else, and the raw scent of bloody meat. Eventually she'd find the source of the scent and the source of the meaty 'thump'.

Daniel was standing before a tree, one that had the bark worn away in a large circle around it. He struck the tree with bare fist, then bare palm, then bare fist again in a steady, even rhythm. His muscles flexed and worked with each strike, a low grunt, an oomph or an unf escaping with each quick thrust of his fist or palm. She could see much of his body, the pants he wore were cut off a bit past his knee but he was altogether missing a shirt, allowing her to view every scar in all of their hard won glory. More thoughts about the scars would come, like how that long, thin line across his back hadn't severed his spine, or why in the world did he still have an arm with that circular scar around the bicep of his arm. Hell, she could very clearly see a large gash across the base of his skull that suggested a ragged tear or a very enthusiastic blunt force trauma that should've knocked some sense into him.

The clearing itself was an odd thing, with a small wooden hut, piles of wood, a chopping stump, a campfire and a sharp but old axe dotting the area. There was no grass near the tree, which suggested that he often moved around whenever he did this. How long had this been here? Apparently long enough that Daniel had set up a rack to smoke deer meat, a bisected and skinned carcass of such hanging from a branch in two spots while the fur was placed on a tarp. Apparently, Daniel was quite the hunter, but this was a fresh kill. There were, however, no guns.

"I think sleeping beauty is awake" Danielle spoke from where she sat in a tree, looking rather elf-like despite the tight blue jeans and the chocolate brown hoodie that she wore. Despite the hood, Kiera could tell her hair was down because jet black locks flowed from around her neck. There wa a thin braid of hair connecting the two, probably done out of boredom.

"I was already to the house after I talked to Ozzie. He agreed to be your puppet, so long as Kiera is amenable to the whole decision. This plan of yours might not work if she doesn't think it proper. You must have sensed something that I hadn't when you first met her, because she is surprisingly stubborn and, if I'm honest, a loyal mutt if I ever saw one. Seriously, if things don't work out between you two, I might just go lesbian for her"
"DAnielle, you've been pansexual since... probably around the same time I have been, actually. I'm sure Kiera will agree so long as anyone but I explains the whole deal to her. I have a feeling she's never going to warm up to me, which is fine. I might like her but I don't need her, as she clearly doesn't need me"
"Oh please. We both know you haven't even TRIED to woo her, and we both know you know how to win the heart of a god damned wereanimal. Why you haven't poured on the animal charm is beyond me"
"Because she's smarter than most werewolves who'd probably throw themselves at me because I can punch out their Alpha in a fist fight?"
"Speaking of which, when are we going to go after those assholes who are even starting this shit?"
"Probably when Marcus gets here, and whenever Mason gets out of the hospital. I know he's milking this whole "Attack" thing just to try and bang a fucking nurse, that lecherous cunt"
"Like you've never done that before"
"That was ONE time and we were in highschool!"

Danielle started laughing, leaning too far back and tipping over off the branch. She hooked her legs around the branch, letting out a surprised "EEP!" as she did so. Now she was hanging upside down, impressively bending her spine so she could reach up, hooking her arms around the branch as she allowed her legs to come free. She ended up with one leg bent, foot on the branch while the other hung loosely. At this point she blinked and noticed Kiera.

"Well, speak of the Devil, and she appears in your hat!" She exclaimed, prompting a "What?" from Daniel.

"Nothing. Just keep doing what you're doing" She said, then motioned for Kiera to come and join her, grinning impishly and she shot a look, more of a 'enjoying the view?' expression than anything.

During her exploration of the property, which was larger than she’d imagined, Kiera began to hear faint sounds of thumping. It wasn’t a simple thud, it sounded hollow almost. The vibrations soared through the air, disrupting the peaceful atmosphere around her. Considering the type of woman, she was, Kiera wasn’t about to ignore that sound. The large lupine beast made her way through the forest; brushing through various over grown bushes and low growing trees. It was only when she slowly made her way into the clearing that she caught a familiar scent. Daniel. She’d pick up that musky smell anywhere, as much as she had disdain for him, he smelled rather appealing. Apparently, more so when he was working out.

The female’s claws dug into the soil as she heard a sharp sound of surprise rippling through the air. Danielle. A soft, tender snort of relief echoed from within her as she noticed the female hanging from a tree. If Kiera hadn’t met her before, she’d think her mad. Well, it wasn’t too far off as much as she could tell. As her golden gaze scanned Danielle she noticed her expression shift as she motioned the she wolf to come. Kiera contemplated offering her a snarl to remind her of the situation, then quickly dismissed it. The female wasn’t her enemy, Daniel was. Well, for now. He was the one who left; as much as she’d like to dismiss that fact and move on, she couldn’t deny what it had cost her, the pain it had caused her. It wasn’t something she could wish away.

Soon enough the female made her way clearly toward the small wooden hut, her large form dwarfing the building itself as she settled on her stomach, her paws spread as she took in the scene. In this form she could smell somewhat better. She could smell the various scents wafting from Daniel. The hint of sweat, and something… sweet. The meat and smoke scents that intertwined. It was interesting to say the least. Not to mention her gaze followed Daniel, the shape of his muscles and the clear scars that littered his body. It was as if every single one had cut a reasonable depth; they weren’t small scars. They were scars of life and death, no doubt. All she could think was how he’d survived. Several of the scars would’ve been lethal, so how was he standing?

Despite wanting to spend time with Danielle, she was still craving the taste of meat that she’d freshly caught. The way the adrenaline coated the raw slips of muscle and tendon were too good to miss. The mere thought made her maw salivate slightly. With a gruff snort the female rose up onto her paws, her fur shifting in the glistening light to shimmer a light red tint before she sank her claws into the dirt; her powerful hind legs bracing as they launched her into a full sprint on the spot. It was needless to say she disappeared swiftly into the forest.

It didn’t take the she wolf long to find an ideal target for her planned assault. A lone, young deer was grazing in what seemed to be a secluded spot. Considering its size, it couldn’t be more than a few months. It seemed almost evil to take something so young; but they did have a certain sweet, powerful taste. Much like lamb, it was potent and often had more flavour than an older beast. The female dropped down to her stomach to survey the scene. Surely it’s mother would be around, that couldn’t hurt, there’d be enough for dinner. Kiera could easily consume her own body weight in meat. There was an unmatched hunger within her that craved for the blood to trickle down her maw as she ripped every last piece of flesh from the bone. That is exactly what she planned to do.

After a little time had passed Kiera flew into action. The fawn raised its head to the oncoming sound, sadly for them, it was far too late. The creature attempted to run, the long hind legs twitching into action. Yet, they were too slow and clumsy, causing it to stumble. It was far too easy. The large she wolf tackled the creature with ease, her claws raked into its back to drag it down much like a lioness would. In an instant she clamped her jaws around its delicate throat and shook until she heard a firm snap of bone, causing the body to twitch before falling limp. Instead of dragging her kill back, she simply began to rip into the skin, tearing it with a clear ferocity before her sharp fangs tore the flesh from its host. The hot, slick meat was gulped down with ease, leaving a trace of the innocent fawn’s blood trickling down her jaw.

After her well deserved meal the female didn’t take long in getting back to the scene she’d left. No doubt Danielle wished to spend time with her and attempt to sway Kiera toward Daniel. Or to herself; Kiera had caught the scent of arousal on her more than once. As she made her way through the forest toward the clearing soft grunts of pain could be heard, her four paws began to shift and mould into two, shapely legs and two well toned arms.

“What was that about the devil?” The red haired woman couldn’t help a slow smirk rising over her blood smeared lips as she dropped down onto the ground and eased back against her elbows, sunning her naked, yet blood stained body. The sun caressed and warmed every curve of her unblemished, creamy flesh. A satisfied groan left her lips as she lay back completely against the warmed grass. It was a good day, well, so far.

It didn’t take long for panic to fill her mind as she heard a voice call out to her.

“KIERA!”

The female rose immediately, pressing on her palms to raise her then swiftly up on her feet. “Adam?” she called out, there was a shrill sound echoing throughout her mind. No doubt Daniel’s protection. The man approached the group, looking rather daunted as he glanced toward his alpha. “What are you doing here?” She hissed softly, stepping in front of him to hide him from the others. It wasn’t their business and she didn’t wish to share it.

“A stranger came into our pack last night. He managed to beat Marcus, the pack is scared. Outraged. I thought you were coming to deal with him?” In packs, it was the Alpha who dealt with threats. Not because of their title but it was their duty to prove their protection. With someone clearly stepping in meant she could lose her status; she would have to prove herself, more importantly, that it wouldn’t happen to one of them considering Marcus was as strong as they come from her pack. “Hold that thought,” she murmured to him, gazing back toward Daniel and Danielle. Her gaze was no longer soft.

“Did you interfere?” Her voice was low as she stalked toward Daniel, her gaze misting over a golden tint. “You do realise I could lose what I’ve worked so hard to obtain, correct?” Her gaze lowered over his body for a moment. He may have survived much in the past, but Kiera had never lost. “Who gave you the right to interfere in MY pack?” She roared, the very air around her vibrated with power. “HOW DARE YOU.” She snapped; it took all of her power to resist changing right then and there. The change was clearly close as her skin began to ripple slightly.

“You have to come back home Kiera, we need you, I need you.” Adam called out. The female blanked his comment completely, no doubt he was trying to sway her focus. “You are beyond irritating.” She growled toward Daniel. “You and me, right now. I’m done with this, it’s time to show you exactly who is the Alpha around here.”

The man's strikes didn't slow the entire time she was watching, his muscles flexing and rippling with each strike. Each grunt was measured, each strike as hard as the last despite having been clearly at this for several hours. He paused once he heard her take off, then used both hands to slick back his sweat matted hair, turning to face his sister as he raised an eyebrow. The woman merely shrugged and flipped backwards, this time purposefully hanging upside down as she grabbed a piece of raw meat from the rack she'd been sitting over. Twisting her body, she flipped right side up and began to tear into the piece of meat as her brother went back to his training.

"I do believe" She said in between bites, then swallowed audibly and finished "It was something to the effect of "She's a redhead, and contrary to popular belief, redheads have more fun than blondes~" There was a hitting of flirty teasing in her voice, then she tore a large chunk from the strip of raw meat as Adam approached.

Daniel paused as he sensed the man, then turned to face the two of them as Kiera turned on him. His face was impassive, emotions unreadable, even through his eyes. He hadn't expected Oswald to move so quickly, but the man was a go getter one way or the other. With friends like Pieta and Daniel, he had to be on the ball all the time or get lost in their scheming.

"Well, let's answer your bitching in order, shall we?" Daniel stated, then held up a had and stretched out his index finger, tapping it with his other hand "Yes, I did interfere because I had assumed you'd appreciate the help. Obviously, I was wrong. That will teach me for interfering" He said this without a trace of irony, instead moving onto the second point while stretching out his middle finger alongside his index "Sure, but I think it's about time you lost something because, and this is just a running theory at this point, but I suspect you've never actually LOST a fight and been put in your place. Big difference between you and I is that I have lost many fights". Ring finger this time, and he spoke "Your father did, actually, when he came to me to help you with your problem that you've been doing SO well with thus far. While yes, it is my job to police these things, I have been keeping tabs on what's been going on even while I was away. I have been very, very disappointed with the conduct of all four packs, not just theirs". His pinky came out this time as he moved on "And the how of "How dare I" is my authority. Let me demonstrate"

That crushing weight he'd summoned before, that storm ready to break feeling he had inflicted on her pack? That was nothing compared to the actual storm breaking on her, pushing her back and confining her, is power beating her like rain in a hurricane, lashes of lightning-like power crackling across her skin as he growled, actually baring his teeth in a very feral manner.

"You need to learn your place, pup. I am older than you in every way. I have fucking lived a life of heartache and strife, misery and fear. I lost my parents, I lost my wife, I almost lost it all because I was willing to do what you haven't proven to me that you can do" He snarled at her, each step increasing the strength and pain of his aura as he approached "I am prepared to die fighting for you and yours but I am not above shadow tactics to keep things from boiling over. I sent Oswald to take Marcus out and to help you gain control over your pack. He's your enforcer, you ungrateful bitch. I hired him and ordered him to do what you say, to a point. He is to protect your interests and to keep your pack from dying because of your unwillingness to act"

Now he was right up in her face, leaning forward and tapping his cheek as he hissed "Take the first shot, but I'm going to warn you right now, if you start this fight, you'd best finish it or I will be break bones".

Kiera wasn’t deterred by his sudden gaze toward them. As threatening as he appeared to be, the she wolf wasn’t willing to back down. It wasn’t in her nature. It was in her core; it was innate. Primal. When the she wolf felt threatened or insulted it was as if a switch flicked on and there would be no turning it off. Their society was based on power; on the ability to protect oneself and their pack. If you weren’t able, then you would be replaced by one who could. Kiera had been working far too hard with her pack to be seen as weak, as if her fiancé was now already dominating the position she’d craved and hungered for since she’d been of age. Not only was he an obstacle but he was proving himself to be a bigger pain in her ass. He was cocky, even if his reasoning was sound.

“I don’t need the help,” She snapped back, “I’m only having problems with the pack since I agreed to be here. You taking action means I am less of an Alpha.” She growled coldly, “This could ruin everything I’ve worked for. They will see me as weak, hiding behind my fiancé.” Kiera listened slightly, and when she heard Daniel mention her father her blood began to run cold. He’d seen Marcus edging toward trying to take over. Everyone had seen it, but not her. She’d been so fixated. The female hissed softly, the thought of her own father going to Daniel for help, it was devastating. Kiera knew her father was exceptional at planning but this? This was… Cowardly. It was not an issue they needed help with. She couldn’t help but be furious, her father was making a point.

Before Kiera could retort or argue she felt a mass of power begin to crackle and vibrate the air around her. It was enough to cause her muscles to twitch, they were ready to shift should she need to. Kiera simply listened as he spoke, she knew he’d had a tough life; but why bring that into it? Yes, she’d lost one fight. One she hadn’t stood and fought, it was when she had been too small. It was the only fight she could remember so vividly. The rest were what a fight always was. Fur flying, claws raking into flesh, blood being spilled over the grass. The fight she recalled, she knew what kind of scents were in the air, what perfume lingered, what time of day it was exactly.

The last few comments felt as if they hit her physically, as if they slammed into her body repeatedly. No doubt it was the fact that Daniel stood so close, power radiating in tidal waves from his very aura. “That was MY task,” She growled lowly, struggling to stand her ground. “I was going to sneak out tonight and take of it. You don’t think I’d die for them? I LIVE FOR THEM.” It was true. Every day she woke was testament to building them up, making them strong.

Adam was staying clear of the pair, watching on in dismay.

As Daniel challenged her, Kiera almost smacked him right then and there. She knew she had to be more tactical about this. If it were purely based on raw power she knew who’d win. “You think because I haven’t lost that I haven’t hurt?” The female shook her head slightly, her long red waves brushing over her supple flesh as she turned to gaze into his eyes. Her blue orbs were almost alight with rage. She didn’t have to justify herself to him, so she wouldn’t. What she did have to do was throw him off course. Broken bones wouldn’t be helping her get her pack back.

As opposed to planting a firm fist into his cheek and cracking his jaw, as she desired, the female had another attempt that may well shock him enough to give her the upper hand. Swiftly, she slipped her arms up along his bare chest, gripping around the back of his neck as she pulled herself against him. It was only then that she noticed how much his body dwarfed hers. Nevertheless, her warm, tender lips pressed lightly against his own for a moment before her kiss deepened; her lips began to brush softly along his, soon becoming hungry as her nails began to grip into his neck. If he thought she would be giving up, he had another thing coming.

Despite the kiss sending flares of heat within her, the female rose a knee swiftly up toward his groin, if he wasn’t fast enough then surely he’d be in a lot of pain. It was the one spot that was all too good not to strike, the effort to pain ratio was most likely the best in that region than anywhere else. “You should have picked a better fiancé.” She purred coldly, her gaze never leaving his. “Maybe one that would shake in fear at your display of power or swoon at the sight of your shirtless body.” A slow, menacing smile crossed her lips. Oh, this was going to be good.

Daniel was about to respond, but looked puzzled when they closed the distance. The feel of her skin on his made goosebumps raise on his skin, his power reacting to her touch as though it were an old friend, a piece missing in a puzzle as old as his life.

It was a shock to the system, almost enough for him to fall for it. He could feel his aura widen, open up and pour a calming rain-like power with their kiss. It was almost tangible in a way, almost like they could feel it on their skin as heat spread through them. Good lords of Halecroft, she tasted sweet. Honey, absinthe almost, and the coppery tang of blood still on her breath. It was as though his favorite things were all wrapped into one taste, one that he could feed on, so he fed into the kiss, letting her arms loop around him. That is until he felt the muscles in her body tighten and knew what was coming. Of course, she had to ruin such a wonderful moment.

Daniel's abilities, aside from being very storm-like, were all based around speed and he proved that now. In a fraction of a second he'd placed one hand on her thigh and kept her from raising her knee up high enough to do any real damage. It was close, but he barely made it.

"I picked the perfect wife" He purred, his voice thick and honey-like, laden with an almost animal lust that made his eyes shine in the sunlight "It wouldn' be half this fun if I had picked some cowering, fainting little girl to play house with. Now, let's teach you a lesson about what happens when you attempt to do something as ridiculous as harm a man's genitalia, especially mine, shall we?".

In a movement too fast to see, his hand was around her throat, swinging her in a wide arc that ended at half a clockwise turn. The female was suddenly thrown forwards, aimed at the nearest tree as he followed after. Within moments, his hand was around her throat again, pinning her to the grassy forest floor as he growled in that same, lusty voice that promised so so many things that could only be done in the dark "You say you know loss, and pain, but you do not know humility and you do not know what it means to be part of something greater than what you are. You do not understand what it means to be a leader, strong or not. You let your rage bind you, and thus, become weak. Your people revolt because they have no better option"

He let her go, standing straight as he looked down at her, eye twitching as he fought the urge to snarl "You come from a flawed, broken pack. Your father did not groom you for this position the way he should have. It seems as though he let anyone who wanted to challenge you do as they wished, and it has turned you into a violent, unstable psychopath that is more of a liability than even I am, and I have ended a war on my own sheerly through rage. I don't think you understand the damage you do to your people, and yourself, when you act like this. My job is to keep you safe, keep the secret alive, and make sure I can save as many of you as I can"

He turned to Adam, stating "Tell Oswald, the man who defeated Marcus, that I have a message for him. Tell him to let the pack sort their own business out and to not get involved unless someone is going to die for no good reason. I leave the reason up to his discretion. From here on in, Kiera fights her own battles without my assistance". He turned to look over his shoulder at her "Get out of my face and do not enter this clearing again unless you are ready to learn how to be a good leader. I have a mess to clean up that I was partly responsible for, but yours and the other clans are far from free and clear of the blame on this one"

Kiera had known the moment he prevented her knee from raising that she was going to get a reasonable retaliation. It was fairly expected, despite her hoping to get the upper hand, so the moment her plan failed she swiftly prepared for impact. As she heard his purr like tone the female couldn’t help but feel something stir within her. Even his words sank in further than she’d have liked. It didn’t take long for the heat to span from within her chest and seeped through every pore of her flesh. In a blur of movement Kiera found herself hurled backward; cast into a thick, stern tree. The bark brushed roughly against her skin, leaving slender trails of pink as the sharp edge cut slightly into her flesh, slight trails of blood droplets began trickling down her creamy flesh.

A soft hiss escaped her when she felt his grip fasten around her throat. Her body struggled against the cool firm dirt beneath her. She was all too prepared to shift; yet something kept her intrigued. Her focus remained on Daniel, slightly taking in his words but mainly focusing on the energy he exuded. His tone was rough, wanting, he felt as riled up as she was. The way his heart was racing, it almost mirrored hers. The same, strong thudding echoing from their chests, beating as one. “Humility is something I’d rather never know.” She growled softly. It wasn’t who she was. Not in the slightest. Of course she didn’t agree with his comments, she had more retorts just waiting at her lips; but she remained silent. Sure, rage may overcome her but she had sense.

Psychopath. Now that she did take offence to.

Once he released her and rose, the female was swift to rise up to her feet. Adam seemed to take Daniel’s order and scuttled off to do as he was told. That alone made her blood boil. Adam was to willing to follow; it’s what she detested. Kiera had no idea why she was that way, but she had been as long as she could remember. Bowing was not in her blood, nor would it ever be. Her lip curled slightly as he turned to back to glance at her, his words only further infuriating her. The way he paraded himself was not akin to humility, it was far more related to rage. She’d managed to push his buttons, and she knew it. If she wished to make him lash out, she could. Which of course, gave her several ideas.

Kiera wasn’t one to think about sly plans but right now, she was considering several. Nobody had infuriated her the way Daniel did. He didn’t bend or break to her attitude or bold moves; no, he only hit back. It was a wonder it took so long for her to find such a hard headed creature; usually they broke once her claws came out. Then again, she hadn’t taken much time to cause him to break. She had to keep pushing, expose a weakness and tear into it. For once, she would need to be cunning. Pure strength would not win out, not against him.

“Danielle, you should take over his role. Clearly Daniel is far too damaged to continue his role.” She muttered toward the female, her tone low as she began to stride toward the tree the female resided in. Danielle was a weakness. Kiera climbed up toward the branch she settled on, only to place herself next to the female. “What was it you said? You wanted to watch him fuck me?” A tender laugh left her lips as she leaned in, her index finger slipping under the woman’s chin to turn her gaze toward Kiera’s. “I’m not really into the whole brother sister scene, but right now I’m far more in favor of fucking you than him.” Her voice was a tender purr before she pressed her soft, moist lips against the females. They caressed Danielle’s lips for a short time before trailing along her jaw.

In an instant she pulled away and dropped down to the ground, landing perfectly on her feet in a rather feline manner. She had a feeling Danielle’s feelings would soon be Daniel’s. They were born of the same power, after all. Kiera was hoping he’d feel frustrated and far too consumed with ideas to focus. If he wanted to play games and boss her around, she was going to play all right. "Danielle, I was thinking of going into town, coming with?" She glanced back up to the woman as she began to stride toward the house. "Maybe we can get some shopping done. I need some more clothes to choose from." She wondered why it seemed Daniel still wanted her as a wife; she wasn't suited for it. It did cross her mind if he thought he'd get her to say I do. She planned on asking Danielle about when the ceremony would be; she needed to break him before it was due to happen. It was like a game of chicken, who would back out first.

Daniel tried. He closed his eyes and slowed his breath and counted to ten. He willed Slade back, willed him into the pit of his mind and tried, so hard to calm the rage that was boiling within him. Rejection, he was used to, but this was starting to border on personally insulting to him. The guy who was trying to do everything he could to save her ridiculously inept pack was being snubbed for his quirky sister because he happened to take his job seriously, and be more domineering than his twin. There was a good reason that Daniel was so arrogant, so in control and confident all the time, and it wasn't some Bruce Banner bullshit about "Always being angry" either.

His sister was a bit shocked at the kiss, blinking a few times in mild confusion until she started giggling, watching her land on her feet like a cat before her gaze turned to Daniel. The woman fell backwards out of the tree, landing on her hands and springing backwards, calling "Y'might wanna run" as she took off towards the house.

Before she had much time to react, Daniel had her by the throat once again, this time hurling her double strength at the same tree. When she hit, no matter how she hit it, the tree actually cracked and splintered some from the force and the weight.

The man was standing there, but there was no aura. No sense of impending doom, no storm, no lightning. He was pressing his fist into his palm, cracking his knuckles as her rolled his neck to pop the joints, shaking his head at the end of the movement that sent his hair into a wild, tangled mess that spilled over his face.

"Allow me to teach you some humility in the form of an insult" The man spoke, his voice deadly calm "I am not going to use my aura, nor am I going to use anymore fancy tricks to fight you. What I am going to do is use my very human reflexes, my personal strength, and my superior skill to break your bones. I know you heal whenever you shift, at least Numbatwe does. If you don't, I guess what's going to happen next is going to cripple you for life". He had been moving closer, step by step as he spoke. Now his fists were clenched, the muscles in his chest, arms and back tightening as he gave her ample time to attack or shift as he talked.

"I just get so fucking sick of all of this bullshit sometimes, y'know? If it's not some uppity fuck with special powers, it's some high dramatic queenery from an arch demon trying to fuck with my life. If it's not that, it's an upstart godling, or a vampire who gets it into his head that he's the apex predator in the ecosystem" He stopped just a few feet from her, one hand on his hip as he continued talking "You wanted to see who the Alpha was here, so lets do this your way. I'm not going to get anyone to help me with this, I'm not going to flashstep all over the fucking place to confuse you. I'm going to use my own strength, my own speed, my own skill"

He held his arms out in a 'come at me' motion as he said "You can even take the first shot. I'll even wait for you to shift"

Kiera watched Danielle with mild amusement, the woman was strange at the very least. It wasn’t until she heard something approaching her from behind that she knew she should’ve dashed off the moment the challenge slipped her lips. A crushing strength grasped around her throat before her body was hurled toward an awaiting target once more. A hiss of pain left her lips as her body collided into the rough bark, causing the tree to groan and crack as it began to tumble down. The female attempted to ease herself into a seated position, the ribs on her right side ached considerably; no doubt they were bruised.

It was on. He was offering a clear chance for her. Well, of course he believed he would win. A low, predatory snarl rippled from within her. Kiera’s gazed locked onto him as he moved closer, what he was saying was true. She did heal when she shifted, sometimes it took longer to heal than just a shift. No doubt, that’s what he was planning to inflict. “All because I kissed your sister and because I think she’d do a better job than you? Wow. Someone has a complex.” She snickered slightly, a slow, malicious smirk crossing her lips. The way he motioned for her to come was all too enticing not to obey.

Considering he was even giving her time, she may as well arm herself. From the sound of her ribs a minute or two prior, they may have even broken. This shift was not going to be easy. With a slight groan she shifted her figure and summoned the change. Soon enough, pain began to stem from her chest throughout her body. Soft grunts of pain left her as bones began to crack and realign, her muscles tore and began to sow themselves back together as her very figure began to change. Fur forced its way through her pores, sprouting into luscious, thick red tinted strands.

Once the female felt her body buzz to life with adrenaline she slowly rose, her gaze locked on Daniel. If he wanted a fight, he was going to get one. The large wolf began to prowl around her chosen prey. Every step was taken slowly, her claws raking into the thriving soil with every hint of movement. Kiera didn’t want to just rush this attack in a flurry of rage. She wanted to savour it. She may not have been sure if she would win, but she knew this fight was not going to be an easy one by any means. No doubt they would both walk away with some damage, hopefully his more so than hers.

Kiera chose to charge directly toward Daniel. Her powerful hind legs launched her into a fast pace as she honed in on her target. Of course, it was a direct move. As opposed to her usual style, the female swayed to the right before darting swiftly to the left. Kiera didn’t hold anything back. She forced every inch of power she had into her attack. Oh she wanted to knock the air right out of his lungs. The female didn’t hesitate in launching a small amount off of the ground as she neared him, aiming to collide with his side and cause him to collide into the hard ground, crushed by her weight.

Once the female had him under her weight, her fang filled jaws immediately began snapping down toward him, keen to grasp any piece of him that she could get her jaws on. It wasn’t long before Kiera latched onto one of his forearms, her fangs forcing through the flesh. A low, predatory growl rumbled through her as she could taste the coppery liquid that spilled into her mouth. Oh, she knew she’d pay for it and that she’d placed herself in a difficult situation; but she knew this wasn’t going to be a one way fight.

Daniel watched the change and studied her. Yep, that throw had done a good amount of damage and that hadn't been at full strength either. He wanted to cause her pain, not knock down a few trees with the world's bluntest throwing axe. There was a limit to the amount of damage he could do before he killed her, he was acutely aware of that.

"But why not kill her?"A voice spoke in the back of his head. A familiar voice, one he was no longer fond of.

Why indeed.

Obviously she had no consideration for the amount of strength that Daniel had in him. A relatively small lycanthrope wasn't going to throw him off balance and topple him to the ground just like that. Honestly, she could have thrown the freshly fallen tree and that still might not have taken him to the ground. He did feel her teeth sink into his arm and the feeling of blood rushing down his skin was enough to wake the adrenaline in him. That was going to scar, he was almost one hundred percent certain of it, and it was his fault for raising his arms in front of her face in order to protect himself. To be honest, he'd been expecting claws, not teeth, so he was surprised at any rate.

"I don't understand why you and your clan are so fucking stubborn" He growled as he hauled his arm out of her grasp and pulled his fist back, punching her directly in the snout hard enough to make her at least wince. He backed off, working his shoulder before he charged at her, leaping into the air to drive his knee into her face. Whether she dodged or not, he'd hit the ground standing.

"I offered my help, I offered my resources, I even got my people who have fuckin' nothin' to do with this involved and it's just not enough for you" He growled at her, the bleeding from his arm slowly already "This pride is what will get you fucking killed you dumb motherfucker. This need to be the biggest adn the baddest is going to burn you out because I can count five people who WORK FOR ME that are bigger AND badder than you are". HE stomped his foot into the ground and spread his legs out, daring her to charge him again as he stepped into a wide legged stance, daring her to attack.

"As a werewolf you need to understand restraint. As a human you need to understand humility" He said, the growl gone from his voice as he watched her. If she had thought he had been good looking before, with his own blood spattered across his body he was positively gorgeous. His hands raised to slick his hair back over his skull, smearing blood on his forehead and into his hair, not that he seemed to mind being covered in blood in the first place.

Kiera almost found herself snickering at the fact that she’d managed to grip a hold of his flesh. This certainly meant he hadn’t expected her to attack the way she did. Good, she didn’t want him to see it coming. A soft hiss escaped her jaws as she felt a sharp pain stem from her snout and flow down her form. Considering she couldn’t quite reply in this state, the female simply snorted at his comment. He was one to say they were stubborn. Swiftly, Kiera stumbled back and ducked off to the side, missing his attack barely. What did he know about being a Werewolf? He wasn’t one. Even if he was some animalistic creature; he wasn’t her kin.

Not enough for her? He didn’t even ask her! He took hold of a situation that wasn’t his. He couldn’t simply come back after so many years and expect to handle packs as closely as he attempted to. His job wasn’t directly with them; it was the wider picture. Kiera was hoping to remind him of that. As his body shifted into something of a welcoming stance the female began to pace, her gaze never leaving his as she began to circle him, her head lowered. Usually, it would be a look of submission, not in this case. She was smart enough not to leave any part of her body outstretched more than it had to be.

The large, she wolf couldn’t help but drift her gaze over his full body. The way his muscles were so tense, bulging. The way his hands swept back his hair, the blood noticeably marking him. Of course, she could still smell his blood and a little of her own due to his punch. The droplets of his own life force were smeared slightly over her lower jaw, pairing with the deer’s blood. It was a nice mix, the blood seemed a little… spicier. It was tangy and coppery, but just a hint of something, maybe heat. Whatever it was, she was certain it was down to him being another being entirely. The same way that Deer and Elk tasted different.

The she wolf wasn’t dumb; she knew the moment she charged him it’d be on his orders. His terms. It was the very first rule, not to be drawn in but to bring the fight to your own terms. Clearly, she didn’t want to wait. No doubt he’d be all too pleased with being able to draw out the rage within her to take over. It didn’t seem to change her mind, not at all. Kiera couldn’t bring herself to care. The man before her infuriated her beyond belief. He was handsome, that was easy enough to see. But something about him just drove her mad.

Instead of attempting to tackle him, she had another plan in mind.

The female broke into a sprint, her powerful hind legs forcing her faster over the challenging landscape. In moments she was before him, her movement fluid and rather graceful despite her animalistic form. Her front paws rose as she straightened her form; leaning most of her weight on her hind legs as she slammed her front paws against the upper region of his chest. Her claws began to force their way into his flesh. Kiera considered tearing down his beautiful chest, but she didn’t want to lay her mark on him in that way just yet. She wanted to focus on the task at hand.

The large, powerful jaws were level with his face as she let out a low, rumbling growl. Her tail began to sway as she slipped her muzzle into the crook of his neck, clearly inhaling his scent. The musky, rich scent filling her mind as she began to lean her weight against his form. He smelled incredibly good, it’s almost as if she could smell the power radiating from him. Some part of her knew she was distracted by his body, his scent. It left her wide open. Kiera wasn’t used to having a weakness, clearly she was seeping into the trap of focusing on him as opposed to the situation.

It wasn't so much that he was trying to handle them at the expense of every other creature in the region, but thanks to his ties with some of the local supernatural leaders, he was informed that it was her pack that required the most amount of attention from him. Well, not her pack so much as all of the packs, but it had been her pack that had approached him specifically, or so he was told. The other two would have been fine to leave him out of the proceedings, though pressure from the obviously stronger of the triad had forced them to seek help alongside, either that or they could take their chances. Sure, there were lots of creatures who suspected Daniel and his ilk were of lycanthrope stock, but there wasn't enough definitive proof for them to know for sure, and as ssuch, he was an outside meddling in things he couldn't necessarily understand. In their mind, it was a like a police officer attempting to help out with a military operation. Different 'Training' meant he wasn't 'One of them'. He was about to prove her very wrong on that regard.

Even as he was absorbed in thought, the thought in general being that he'd have to talk to Oswald and find out if he'd learned anything of value after he'd stomped Marcus into the ground, he was still watching her cautiously as she circled around him. Sure, he didn't necessarily have to keep his eyes on her in order to track her, but he had to admit that he found her, in all of her forms, gorgeous in some way. Perhaps he admired her spitfire attitude or just how she handled him in general, frustrating as it was. Kimiko, his now deceased wife, had plied him with sweet words and manipulation of an etheric level, handling him with kid gloves and soft touches. That had been a nice refuge from the loud, angry buzzing of war but now he was in the reverse situation.

Now he was in a world of political intrigue, at least in some areas. It was all seduction and whispers, and this was just refreshing to him. To be thrust into an area that he was familiar with was something he rather enjoyed. The sight of her charging him was beautiful, the feeling of impending dread at the thought of being sliced open some more was fire in his blood and the pain of her claws digging into his chest, piercing his skin was the kind of pain that let you know you're alive. Endorphins flooded his blood, adrenaline spiked there too, and then a different kind of heat filled him when he realized that, despite having the perfect position to tear his throat right out of his neck, she was... sniffing him? Out of everything that had ever made him blush in his long life, this had to be one of the downright strangest circumstances among them. He could feel his face heating up as he heard taking in his scent.

"As flattered as I am, dearest" He said, grabbing her 'wrists' and pulling her claws from his chest "I am not in the mood to flirt with you". It was his turn to attempt to knee her, though this one was aimed directly at her stomach and would prove to be very literally rib cracking if she didn't stop it or back up.

The moment his hands grasped along her paws the female let a soft grunt escape her, no doubt he had something planned. Yet, foolishly, she remained close. His scent was all too intoxicating, his body, the strong beat of his heart. She was completely fixated. Too fixated to move so quickly, yet she managed to throw her form slightly to the right; a muffled snarl escaping her as his knee travelled straight up into the left ribcage. A few audible cracks echoed through the air, causing a slight whimper of pain to rush from her lips. Immediately, she began to summon her shift. It would hurt ten times more than the usual shift, but it was well worth the pain.

Unknown to her, despite her body shifting and cracking to her will; her changed hands grasped his own tightly as she felt her ribs twist and contort. Of course, her body morphing in such a way left her vulnerable. The only reason she chose to see it through was because she didn’t believe he’d be able to kill her. No doubt he’d want to, but clearly he had an affection for her. Once her seemingly delicate human form was completely in view she pulled back one palm and collided it dead centre into his jaw. “Is that how you’re going to make me say I do?” Her voice was strained slightly, clearly she was still in pain. No doubt she’d need a little while for her body to recover.

“Well if you’re not in the mood to flirt, what mood are you in?” The female heard a hint of movement coming from the forest behind them. Instinctively she rose her chin and sniffed lightly, attempting to catch a hint of another scent. Nothing. “Did you hear that?” Her gaze travelled from him toward the forest line. It was only when she glanced back that she noticed her anger seemed to have faded. Somehow she felt… Connected to Daniel. “Oh no,” She whispered softly, her gaze reaching his as her expression turned to one of horror.

“This can’t happen.” She stated firmly, taking a few steps back. It was impossible. Werewolves could only find Werewolf mates; how could it mix between species? It certainly didn’t feel like a mates bond. Not as she’d been told. It wasn’t loyal, nor was it kind or any rosy feelings. There was just a connection; an innate feeling that she couldn’t possibly kill him or further scar his well sculpted chest. Then again, Daniel was no ordinary creature; maybe it worked differently with his species.

Kiera gave a soft curse, slowly beginning to pace. The sound from the forest began to trail through to her once more. Was she hearing things? The moment she glanced toward the tree line she saw something move. “Please tell me you saw that?” she glanced toward Daniel before focusing on the figure that seemed to have disappeared without a sound. Maybe it was one of Jamie’s brood, it seemed likely that he’d be checking up on the situation.

After a few short moments of trying to gather herself, Kiera glanced up toward Daniel. “We’re done here.” She shook her head slightly before making her way back to the mansion. The she wolf couldn’t get his scent out of her mind. That musky, oh so sweet smell. If she wasn’t already on the brink of madness, he’d surely be pushing her toward it. All she wanted to do is get him out of her mind. He couldn’t be her mate, it wasn’t possible. She wouldn’t allow it.

Victor slowly emerged from the forest, his gaze focused on his daughter as she stormed away, red locks glistening as they danced in the breeze. She was all too like her mother. “Daniel,” he began, making his way toward the male. “I’m sorry I put you in that position. I just had to push her, you see, Kiera isn’t used to considering anyone else but herself. She shut off a long time ago. I figured the sooner she gets put in her place by someone willing to challenge her, the sooner she may snap out of it. Looks like she certainly is taken with you.”

The older male paused slightly, hands sliding into his pockets. He was dressed as if he was going for a jog; which is what he had been doing while watching over the pair. “If you didn’t catch that, she’s just found her mate.” He eyed him closely for a moment. “You may need to watch your back. If she’s anything like her mother she’ll do anything to remove herself from a bond. Well, until you seal the deal that is.” It seemed unusual for a father to be pressing such matters, but he knew Kiera would be all the better for it. To care for another, to love another person. His late wife had been the same. Only when she felt it was her choice to be in the situation did she open up to it, and then it changed her. Warmed her. He just prayed there was still hope for Kiera to blossom.

That wasn't a question he could think of an answer for. He thought about it one way or the other, staring at her as she changed but not really at her. His gaze was distant as he thought about it. He had wanted her to notice him before, sure, but now he didn't? Now that she was showing interest... or maybe it wasn't the interest that made him impassive, but he constantly rebuking him for attempting to do what he hadn't for the past 17 years. Now that he WAS there, she didn't want his help despite the very obvious and painful fact that she needed him. He was too busy sorting the thoughts out to actually do anything past let her shift, his hands letting go of her wrists as she did.

He snapped out of his reverie at her question, quickly looking around and at attention. He hadn't heard anything, too lost in thought, but now he was listening as he idly asked "What in the world are you blathering on about?" his attention on the sounds of the forest. He could hear someone's breathing, animals in the distance, the wind playing through the trees, a running river near them, and all sorts of insects. This wasn't really his sense, but that of the Forest. The anima of the dead wolves allowed him to monitor their forest in order to identify threats. He was connected to the very trees around them through the spirits of long dead werecreatures that had once called this lovely place their home. The didn't resent their slaughter at the hands of his ancestor, so much as they understood that they had fought and lost against a superior foe.

"Someo-" He started, cutoff before he could start at her dismissing of him. He rolled his eyes as she walked away, silently finishing "... is in the forest and had you the patience you claim to have, you'd be listening to me say this instead of walking that shapely ass away from me, because among the many many traits of a werewolf, some prominent ones being an urge to lick one's self and eat bloody, raw meat, is the urge to be rude and interrupt people before they are finished talking, much like some small dogs I've met".

"Oh, right, you're here" Daniel said, his attention on Victor as he spoke, turning his impassive gaze to the man as he prattled on, fighting the urge to punch the man in the face. He really didn't have any reason to do so, but the way he spoke, and the way he stood annoyed him greatly, and ontop of that, he was running an endorphin high from being mauled by someone who was only barely human, if only because she acted more like a monster than a person most of the time. In the small part of his brain that realized his life was just straight fucked up, he realized that anyone else who had been attacked like that would likely have already called off the engagement and left the wolves to fend for themselves.

Instead, he knew that Kiera was probably who he wanted to spend the rest of his life with, if only because the sex would probably be fucking fantastic. That being said...

"Right, because I'm completely retarded and have never once in my life had situational awareness" Daniel said in the most sarcastic tone he could possible muster, turning to face the man as he spoke "Protip for when you talk to me: Get your god damned hands out of your pocket and stand up straight you ignorant fuck. You might be older than me but I am more than willing to slap the happy shit out of you for not showing your region's Secret Keeper the respect he fucking deserves, especially after that" He motioned to the direction Kiera had left to.

"The funny fucking thing about this is that you are apologizing to the wrong fucking person! You're saying sorry to me for the monster YOU created!" Daniel snapped at him, taking a step closer as though he were considering just punching him right in the face "I bet you were one of those sad little cocksuckers who shut down after your wife died, leaving your daughter without someone to talk to because if she talked to anyone else in the pack about it, she'd appear weak. Can't go to the fucking school counselor because one fucking wrong word and either there's a literal wolf hunt going on or your daughter gets taken away by the government. You fucked up, Victor. You were supposed to raise the little girl like a person, and instead you turned her into what everyone thinks a pit bull is". He stepped in close, jabbing him in the chest "You go apologize to her. You talk to your daughter like she's a person. I need to go seek medical attention".

Meanwhile, in the home, Danielle was wandering through the halls, on her way to the kitchen to make a sandwhich before she went to scoop the half dead mess of her brother up to deliver him to Kurien to be healed and probably yelled at. At least she assumed he was half dead. Their "Twin ESP" wasnt that strong that she could feel his physical pain.

Victor had no words. Nobody but his daughter spoke to him like that. It was clear from the words that were spat toward him that Daniel cared about Kiera, to some extent. Most likely more that he had disdain for the way Victor had handled things. Without a reply he simply took his leave, talking to his daughter wouldn’t help. He’d tried several times before; it was needless to say he didn’t put much effort in their relationship. Kiera had once looked up to him, that soon turned to disdain after her mother died and it was no secret why. He was an absent, hands off father as much as he was a peaceful pack leader. He had no hope of winning her approval or friendship, not after their years of arguments and difficulties.

Kiera couldn’t pin her finger on what she’d felt, it was a mix of things. The most prominent thought in her mind was what Daniel was muttering as she left. Small dogs. It was enough to make her blood boil. It was a foolish insult. Kiera was nothing like a little dog, well, as she continued walking she could draw a few similarities. ‘Big dog complex’ being one. A muffled sigh escaped her lips as she gathered up her clothing and quickly dressed before slipping inside the mansion. Hopefully Danielle could shed some light. It was clear from the way she was walking that her shift hadn’t healed her fully, as she seemed to walk a little disjointed.

“Danielle?” She called out, pausing as she seemed to notice the female’s scent leading into the kitchen. Kiera didn’t hesitate to wander in, one hand on her hip as she leaned herself against the door frame of the entrance. “Shall we get to shopping then? Your brother is fine.” Her comment was somewhat tender, almost pleading. “I need to ask a few… well. I need a favour.” It was something Kiera didn’t want to bring to Danielle but she had more power than Marcella. Having a bond to someone she wasn’t keen on being with, well, it was going to be distracting. Besides, it didn’t seem entirely normal. Kiera was somewhat convinced that some force had a hand to play in this.

As Kiera edged closer to Danielle she felt a slight ebb of power. It wasn’t from Danielle; Kiera knew that kind of power. It was something… pressing. The red head sneaked around Danielle’s side, taking a half of her sandwich before taking a rather large bite. The female let out an audible groan of approval as she handed the female the now lighter half. “That’s damn good,” She murmured before glancing toward the woman. “So what do you say? We can take off, browse some new clothes, maybe have a coffee.” Kiera wasn’t sure if buttering up Danielle was going to help her or not, so she remained neutral.

Even though she was present in the situation, her mind kept flashing back to Daniel. She wondered how furious he was with her. No doubt that rather attractive frown would be covering his features. It was almost alluring to see that look of rage; Kiera wondered how far he’d have taken it. It was wrong, but she couldn’t help but feel excited at the thought. Clearly, she was rather messed up if she sought out physical contact in the method of fighting. It said a lot about her, more so than she’d like. “I think a witch has forced me into finding my mate in your brother. You wouldn’t have a clue about it, would you?” The red head eyed Danielle for a moment, unable to keep her mouth shut any longer.

There was a slam, and the sound of glass shattering and tinkling across the ground, followed by an "OH FOR FUCK SAKES" followed by stomping and more door slamming further into the manor.

"Well I guess I'm gonna have to call Carmina one way or the other now" Danielle muttered before she could respond to Kiera, taking the half that hadn't been stolen from her and taking a bite into it. The woman giggled and stated "At least you know well enough to compliment the person whose food you're stealing. If you'd done that and said "Man, this is terrible" I can guarantee you that I would slapped the taste out of your mouth".

The female turned and leaned against the counter, looking thoughtful as she said "Hmn. Well there is a nice dress store in the mall that I have been meaning to look in to, and I could never say no to well made coffee, so I don't see why not. You can finish the rest of that piece if you like, miss "Imma steal people's food for no reason", though considering the amount of irritation I was feeling earlier, I can only assume Daniel did a number on you".

"If you are implying that I concocted some ridiculous spell to interfere with your finding a mate, perhaps you ought to consider that wall over there, and also consider the fact that my strength is on par with Daniel's, and that wall is hard wood" She growled at her, eyes flickering dangerously in a way that was just far too reminiscent of her brother's for anyone's liking "But no, I do not have a clue about it. Contrary to most media, Love spells do exist but they are often difficult to get right. The easiest way to perform a "Love spell" is to take a facet of a species, such as a werewolf and their whole "MAte for life" shtick, and manipulate that in whatever way you wish. Love spells have to fuck with brain chemicals and... Sorry, I'm starting to sound like Carmina"

The woman paused, staring at the floor for a moment before she looked at Kiera, locking eyes with her "The point is that any witch who has studied werewolves could have manipulated your imprinting, forcing it to react to Daniel somehow. Magical contracts do not work on Daniel properly, however"

"Being a Greykin affords us lots of interesting abilities but one that is almost never mentioned by any of us, primarily cause we usually don't know about it ourselves, is that certain facets of magical creatures abilities don't work on us the way that they're supposed to. For instance, vampires can "Trance" people with their eyes, but it won't work on someone like me unless I want to be seduced by that vampire, in which their feeding would inevitably lead to them fucking or getting fucked by me, whether that was their intention or not. It's an odd side effect of what we are. In this particular case, your imprinting on Daniel would not have happened... unless Daniel wanted you in the first place, and now it's probably going to affect him too. I doubt he'll notice the difference one way or the other, because like I told you before, he has it bad for you" She shrugged, took a bite of her sandwich, chewed and swallowed before continuing "So, I suppose someone could have manipulated your imprint in order to force you into finding Daniel to be your mate but it won't stick if it was magically altered. If it was artificial, then the Grey will consume the outlying magic in order to strengthen itself, and the spell's effect will be canceled"

She blinked a few times, then flushed red and coughed, scratching her head with her free hand as she said "Sorry. Nerding a bit. Point is is that unless the witch actually got it right, the spell's effect will wear off in a few days, probably. Either way, I am not looking forward to however many years of him fawning over you. I'm already frustrated and celibate as is, I don't need his attraction to you feeding my already ridiculous libido"

Kiera could only smirk at Danielle, the way the woman spoke and displayed herself, she was truly one of a kind. The she wolf had an affection toward her. It wasn’t something simple to understand but it was there. Kiera cocked her brow as the female chose to highlight her power. No doubt as a warning. “Well, I thought I’d ask.” Kiera couldn’t help but brush off her likeness to Daniel. It was the last thing she needed to remind her. As Danielle continued, Kiera paid great attention to her words. She knew little about the world of magic and what went on behind the scenes. The only knowledge she had of magic had been passed down by Marcella.

“So you’re telling me that any old witch could attempt it, given that they’ve studied my kin?” A frustrated sigh escaped her. As Danielle began to explain further, Kiera found herself immersed in how much the female knew. And more importantly, what this meant. “There must be a way to check if it’s real.” Kiera paused, her gaze hovering on Danielle’s. “I feel very… Well. Unsettled.” It felt as if she had to drag the words out, it wasn’t something she want to admit. “Or remove it. We could stick to that.” Upon hearing Danielle’s comment Kiera couldn’t hold back her tender chuckle. “Don’t worry, within a week this will all be over and you can go back to your non frustrating lifestyle.”

“Do you think Carmina has the power to break a bond like this? I mean all I learned was what my father and elders told us. Pretty much that the bond creates a platform for mates. It signals their rightful place and therefore they branch off to make a pack of their own. What I don’t understand is how I linked to Daniel. I didn’t think cross species was possible.” The redhead gave a slight pout as she thought. Maybe her father had something to do with this, he was always trying to bend her to what he wished, to calm her nature or somewhat subdue her from the reckless tendencies she indulged in.

“Fuck it. Let’s go, coffee is on me. Or wine, whatever hits the spot.”

By the time they arrived at the mall Kiera was in a far more irritated state. Daniel was on her mind almost constantly. It was more the issue of the bonding, she didn’t want it and it felt as if she had to get it removed right then and there or she wouldn’t be able to settle. It was going to drive her mad, no doubt.

“You know; we should have a girls’ night this evening. Go out to a club, get a little drunk. If you can that is.” Kiera’s lips tugged up into a rather predatory grin. “Maybe we can get you laid huh? Knock back some of that frustration. Just because Daniel is frustrated doesn’t mean you have to be.” Kiera was all for letting her hair down once in a while, this seemed like the perfect opportunity to have some fun and get away from the ghastly ideas that seemed to try to follow her. With a gentle nudge, Kiera edged Danielle toward a lingerie shop. “What do you say? Shall we dress up like sluts and dominate the male species the way they were supposed to be dominated?”

Before the female could get another word out, she noticed a feeling of someone staring toward her. Immediately her gaze snapped around, finding a familiar scent. Werewolf. Well, she wasn’t too surprised. They did have somewhat humane needs, such as clothes, from time to time. The only issue with another werewolf would be humans; there was no way they could be foolish in front of innocent eyes. It would be their downfall, and Daniel would be pissed beyond belief, no doubt. Kiera was about to ignore the scent and the prying eyes as she made her way into the shop. It was only when something brushed against her that the female halted.

“Looking as feisty as ever.” The cold tone murmured behind her, his breath slipping against her ear. Jamie. “You should call your watch dog off, it’s not polite to stalk.” No doubt he’d been waiting for a moment that she was somewhat alone, or at least without Daniel. It wasn’t wise, considering Danielle was still with her. “And honestly, what is with the tricks? Can’t you just have some balls and go challenge him like every other Alpha?” Kiera muttered as she began to browse some lace garments. Jamie swiftly handed her a red lace thong, his sickeningly satisfied grin caused his eyes to glisten a rather primal glint. “This would suit you.”

“As fun as this is, I’m out with a friend. So if you don’t mind,” Kiera added, nodding toward Danielle. Jamie snickered slightly, knowing he was somewhat safe in public. Somewhat. “If you must know, I’m bonded to Daniel. Any hopes of us, or the promise my father made is gone. I’m residing with him now. If you wish to continue being a pain in my ass, I’m sure his sister wouldn’t mind putting a leash on you.” A slow, malicious smirk began to rise over her red lips.

"Well, attempt it, certainly, but to get it right and not horrendously fuck it up, one has to know what they're doing" The female stated with a nonchalant shrug "As for a way to check if it's the real deal, we could always ask my Auntie Trisha, if you feel like meeting the most powerful and terrifying witch in existence, or we could just go bug Carmina and get her to poke around at you and see what's what"

Danielle decided to steal Daniel's Camaro, an old 70s model that he had bought at an auction for his friend to restore for him. All in all, the woman just looked... right in the driver's seat of the vehicle. She was a confident driver, utterly relaxed and weaving through traffic with ease. It seemed like both of the twins, when it came to just about everything technical and everyday life-ish, were just utterly confident, as evidenced by Danielle at the wheel.

"See, that is an absolutely terrible idea because most of the guys I meet aren't even remotely like Daniel, or Marcus, or even Mason! And Mason is a dick! They're either creepy, overly dominant, overly submissive, or just irritating, and almost all of those combine with just really fuckin' stupid" tHe woman shook her head at the comment, switching her direction in order to go to said lingerie shop "Ohhh, we could go to the Twisted Nerve. Oswald lives above it so we can go harass him once you're too drunk to control your motor skills!"

The black haired woman looked Jamie up and down once she was dragged into the conversation, letting out a 'hmmn' sound as she tapped her lip. Even looking at him, sizing him up was strangely intimate with her, the way she looked over him and her thoughts seemed to make her eyes sparkle. Sure, she was basically treating him as though he were a test subject she was studying but still. Eventually she spoke, eyes locking with his as she said "While fucking a furry is entirely on my bucket list, I have a thing about slimy, greasy weasels who talk shit but don't bring the muscle to back their claims up. I especially have a problem with bitches, no offense to literal one's Kiera, who hide behind rules to avoid well deserved beatings".

There was a moment, just a split nanosecond, where Danielle seemed to kind of 'flicker' out of existence. A second later she was producing a wallet from thin air, Jamie's own, and going through it as she said "Oh please, I can already tell that you carry extra large condoms just to make it seem like you're packing more than you got. And five bucks? I have more than five bucks in my wallet". She tossed it back at him, grinning "Wash your hair, smarten the fuck up, and maybe I'll consider the leash, but right now, you're not even pet material".

Danielle leaned in close to Kiera, purring in her ear "He might be a greaseball but he does have good taste. I definitely wanna see you in that thong, but y'know, grab a different pair. Who the fuck knows where this guy's been"

A rather cheerful laugh tumbled from Kiera’s lips. Danielle certainly had a way with words, fucking a ‘furry’ being one of them. Whatever happened behind closed doors was none of her business. For her, Kiera preferred any intimate behaviour to be with her very self; to her, that was how it should be. Of course she knew her kind were not exactly conventional. The red head gave a slight snort at her retort about bitches. It didn’t offend her in the slightest, not when it was coming from Danielle’s mouth, at least. If it were coming from Daniel’s, then she may have had more of an issue with it. Then again, he just seemed to enjoy pushing every button he could find.

Jamie didn’t seem amused at all. Various curses and mutters emerged as Danielle snagged his wallet. Kiera was all too amused as she watched the female flick through the compartments, making a sound seeming interpretation of Jamie. The she wolf agreed one hundred percent, no doubt Danielle was spot on. Jamie seemed the kind of person who would rather allow other people to do the tough jobs yet he claim the prize. If he’d well and truly sought her out as a mate, there was no way he would have allowed her to get to the event. Yet he played around as if it was merely a parcel waiting for him. Kiera, no doubt, felt some joy at the fact that he’d struck out.

The moment the familiar, warm voice began to trickle into her mind the female couldn’t help but chuckle at the words that graced their way into her mind. “Is that you or Daniel talking?” Kiera murmured playfully before glancing back down at the lace garment. She’d never been one to dress up as such, why would she have been? It was fair to say he people didn’t often care about clothing let alone lingerie. It was a nice thought; something new and different for her. Expensive, uncomfortable slips of material that enhanced her body. Even if it was only currently for Danielle, it was still something new.

It didn’t take long for Jamie to disappear in a huff, stuffing his wallet back into his jeans as he left the store. “I wonder what his problem is,” Kiera snickered playfully before beginning to rummage for different styles of lace bodices on the rack close by. “I’d say Daniel and the others sound pretty similar. Irritating, overly dominant.” The red head offered a hint of a smirk as she picked out a lace corset, which had several firm supports spaced around the garment from the hem of the material to the tip of the slightly padded bra. The lace material was a deep shade of red, including various black accents such as the small lace bow in the middle of the bra.

It didn’t take long for Kiera to find an object that kept her fixated. It seemed to be the last on the rack. It was a fairly short satin night dress. If her pack could see her now no doubt, there would be laughter. At least she had more prominent matters to give her attention to, such as the satin thong with a hint of lace at the very top of it that seemed to come with the night dress. The garment was fairly plain; black, the lights in the shop caused the lights to twinkle along the skirt. Once Kiera leaned in, she could see that the back of the dress was missing. The material was held together by thin slip of silk that tied at the upper chest and lower back, tying in the middle which most likely revealed the whole of the wearer’s back.

The red head continued to search through the store, finding several garments she liked. Currently, she wasn’t looking for herself, she was looking for Danielle. Not that the woman would need help, but it was amusing to browse. Kiera gathered a few of the items she saw and swiftly carried them to the counter. It didn’t take too long to pay for it all. “I say we go find dresses for tonight then we go get ready for tonight.” Kiera had an idea of what she wanted to wear; oh she was going to have a lot of fun with Danielle tonight. It was time to let a little loose, show these humans exactly what they were missing. And of course, if she could shove it in Daniel’s face she would. Kiera hadn’t forgotten what Danielle had mentioned about Daniel’s fetish for socks and sweatshirts. The she wolf had it in her mind to make him work for anything he wanted.

Later that evening:

Kiera had picked out a dress during their shopping spree earlier, she just hoped she could still make an impact just as a woman as opposed to a Werewolf. It was all too easy to make an impression as a Werewolf, given her rank and strength. However, to impress as a woman alone she certainly had to make a bigger impression than simply a give them hell attitude. In preparation for the night ahead Kiera had bought a tight leather dress. It clung against her figure, dipping in along her hourglass curve and swept down along her rear. It stopped a few inches above her knees, revealing a good amount of her body. Paired with that she wore a pair of black stilettos, along with a pair of black stockings that brushed up against her upper thighs, the tips of the stockings were decorated with black lace.

“Danielle,” She called out as she grabbed her purse, her long red curls bouncing as she made her way downstairs. “Let’s go! We’ve got free drinks to milk.” She did wonder if Daniel was around.

"Both, probably. We've always had... similar tastes in women, though I tend to go for the broken china dolls while he tends to go for... I cannot think of an appropriate analogy for you, actually. I wanna say "G.I. Jane" but you're not military?" Danielle shrugged, obviously overthinking her own terrible joke as she looked at the rack in front of them, idly sifting through clothing as she thought about it "Hellbitch Barbie, maybe?"

The woman laughed at that, shaking her head as she said "Oh please, if Daniel were half as dominant as that, he'd never listen to me and you wouldn't be in this mess. You just need to push his buttons the right way, which involves some give and take. You're trying too hard to just take and take. I mean, I know he and I forced you into this situation, but give the poor guy a break. Between you, Me, his Job, aunti Trisha, and this whole SNAFU, he'd be under way more stress if not for the fact that it is nearly impossible to stress him out. I mean, keep pushing them buttons if you like but I'm warning you right now: One of these days he's just gonna snap and you're gonna end up fucked senseless with no knowledge of the past twenty minutes save for the fact that you just came so hard your brain shut down for a minute". The woman blinked a few times, having spaced out a little as she was talking, noticing the few people around them staring, and then pretending like they weren't when she looked at them.

She simply shrugged it off and moved on to pick out some clothing, finding a few things she liked before swooping in to pay for their clothing before they moved on.

Later on:

Danielle came sliding down the banister and landed gracefully beside the woman, which was surprising considering the heeled boots she was wearing that clung to her skin quite nicely, reaching just a little past her knee. There was only a little bit 'absolute territory' between the edge of her boots and the hem of her dress, which bounced around her thighs as she smoothed the rather tight fitting dress down. It clung t her curves, a cloth belt looped loosely, and rather uselessly, around her hips. She was covered up a bit more than Kiera was, with the dress actually covering her chest, though that did much considering how absolutely it clung to that firm bust. It was hard to tell if she was wearing a bra, though by the way her nipples didn't appear in the dress, it seemed as though she was, despite the lack of bra, or panty, line.

Her hair was a wavy mass of jet black that almost matched her dress, though it was significantly longer than it had been a few hours ago, reaching almost to her rear. She grinned brightly, saying "Well damn. If I wasn't so into Gothic Lolita, that'd be my new favorite dress on my new favorite model".

At that point, Daniel came down the stairs, pausing for a moment when he saw the two. Like them, he was dressed nicely in a black sport coat that was open to reveal a white sport coat the clung way too well to his chest and abs. The jeans he wore didn't help much and the shoes on his feet said 'expensive'. After a moment of staring at them, he rolled his eyes and continued on his way down the stairs, stopping at the door.

"The two of you might want to avoid the Vodka Inferno tonight" Daniel stated, turning to face them as he gave them both appraising looks, lingering on Kiera's form for a moment before sighing and brushing his hair away from his face.
"And why's that?" Danielle asked curiously, raising a eyebrow at her brother.
"Hmn. How do I answer that..." Daniel grinned, a mischievous twinkle in his eye
"Oh for....Song. Title. Just do that lame ass thing" The female groaned, hiding her eyes with one hand
"Hmn. Blood on my Hands" The male twin stated before turning around and heading through the door, calling "Takin' the Camaro"

"God damnit. I wanted to take the Camaro. Looks like we're taking the Mustang then" Danielle growled, shaking her head as she motioned for Kiera to follow her out to the garage, grabbing a set of keys of the wall. They passed several older and newer vehicles until they stopped in front of a 1965 Mustang Fastback, painted cherry red. She unlocked it and climbed in. THe body was older, but the insides were all new and high tech, all style and comfort. Once Kiera was in, she hit the button for the garage door and drove them downtown, heading straight for the Twisted Nerve club, which was rather busy that night. Lucky for them, she knew the owner.

"C'mon" She said as she climbed out, clipping the keys to her vehicle to the chain around her neck "You finally get to meet Oswald~"

It was needless to say that Danielle looked as presentable as always. The woman certainly knew how to carry herself. “Favourite model, huh?” Kiera purred softly, her tone clearly low as she observed Daniel descending the stairs with his seemingly usual grace. The woman couldn’t deny that he was handsome, not to mention considering his clothing. His choice of clothes covered his muscled frame perfectly. As he halted beside them Kiera’s gaze lingered on him. From the sound of what he was saying, he was looking for a fight or had one planned. That was all she could get from their brief conversation. That and he took the car Danielle had wanted.

“Mustang suits me.” Kiera shrugged lightly as she followed Danielle, shutting the door behind her. So not only did they have a luxurious oversized mansion but they also had a rather classic, and expensive collection of cars. Kiera wasn’t surprised but it was certainly a bonus. Maybe she’d get to drive one of them before her time was up. The car Danielle slipped into was rather appealing; a bright red mustang. Well, it was certainly classy. Thankfully, it was comfortable and rather welcoming inside the car. No doubt it’d been refurbished.

The moment they arrived it seemed Danielle was keen on getting into the club. Kiera slipped out, shutting the door softly before following the other woman. “Oswald. Sounds like an old name.” She commented as they strode toward the club. It was busy, and that was an understatement. The line of hopeful clubbers continued from the door around the building, they were practically taking up the whole side walk. “Must be a good business.” She murmured, admiring how many attractive, young women and men were aching to get inside. No doubt the owner of this place held a good deal of influence and power in this place.

“So what’s your poison tonight, male or female?” She glanced toward Danielle as she made her way toward the door. It seemed the moment the guard spotted Danielle, they were passed through immediately, which caused a fair amount of uproar. “This place is packed.” Kiera murmured to Danielle as the girls made their way into the main hall. The place was huge, no doubt. The bar appeared modern, a glistening row of tables and bar stools were visible toward the back of the establishment. There was a large dance floor in the middle, covering a great deal of the lower area of the club. There were already thriving bodies all over the dance floor.

Kiera slipped from Danielle’s side to make her way through the crowd toward the bar. “Two of your strongest cocktails,” She called out to the bartender, offering him a sly smirk as the male began to tend to her order. There were several men she wouldn’t have minded taking home. She couldn’t help but think there was one man who wasn’t there that she’d have liked to brush up against. Maybe if it had been different circumstances she would’ve done so. As she was still waiting for the drinks, a rather tall and somewhat handsome man leaned into the bar beside her.

“Mmm’, here alone?” His voice was slightly husky as he leaned in, his gaze focusing on her entirely. “No, I’m here with a friend. But if you have a friend then maybe we can work something out.” His slightly slender features gave a warm smirk as he leaned in against her, hand slipping around her waist. Kiera wondered if Danielle would feel any strong emotions upon seeing the scene, and if Daniel would feel the same. It would be all too amusing to taunt him. She could remember his words about bringing another man to bed. Well, she was going to test them that night.

"His whole name is fantastically old. Oswald Paracelsus Thomas. Ohh, uh, don't tell him I told you that though. He usually doesn't let anyone know his middle name because, well, I mean, it's about as bad as being named "Danielle Andromeda Carver". That's not my middle name though, just an example" She stated, almost like an afterthought as they approached the club. Like any other club, they could hear the music before they even got inside, as though the walls were soundproofed just enough to keep from disturbing other places, but within a few feet you could still hear it.

"Hmn... I think I could go for a male for once. Maybe I'll get me a weird one who's into girls with cocks" She teased, nudging Kiera lightly as they passed through the doors. She shot a grin back at the booing crowd, shutting up a fair few with only that one look. It seemed like the female twin was considerably more open, and personable than her dear brother. Then again, so far, Kiera had only seen Daniel completely out of his element and in nothing but sour moods since she'd met him. Probably didn't help that her first taste of him had been primarily arrogance seasoned with a hardy helping of irritation.

"And a glass of absinthe if you got anything high proof. Real wormwood preferred, dearie" She practically cooed at the man, laying on the charm so thick he could practically taste it as she leaned n the bar, elbows resting on the countertop. She noticed the man approach Kiera, her yellow eyes flickering in the dim light, something that rarely happened to her unless she was feeling something that Daniel would feel. A shot of jealousy she knew wasn't her own flashed through her head, the green eyed monster rearing it's ugly maw.

---

And it reflected in what Daniel was doing, having arrived at his intended target shortly after they had. His plan was a simple one. Take out one of the generals that was recruiting and turning people to lycanthropes. Catch him off guard and stick a silver needle into his heart where nobody could see. It was both an effective message and it would have been a clean kill. Would have been.

The tiny sliver of jealousy that Danielle felt? He felt it and that dark part of his mind, the one he usually kept shut away used that tiny sliver as a pick to unlock the door of his mind that he kept it behind. It caught him off guard, but that little bit of green turned to a whole lot of red and he found himself shoving past people in the packed club until he found his way to the table that housed the lycanthrope. He couldn't even remember the guys name, but he was his target already, and thus, an acceptable outlet for his rage.

The yellow eyed man strode up to the table, several men and women crowded around his mark. He could smell the wolf in each of them, glad that at least one thing was going to go his way tonight. He probably wasn't going to kill all of them, but they could handle whatever collateral he was about to dish out to the man.

"The fuck you want, faggot?" One of the men snapped at him, earning a giggle from one of the women on his arm. Daniel snorted, shaking his head as he said "Your head on a silver platter" emphasizing the word 'silver' right before he flipped the table into the air. Before it came back down, before anyone had time to react, Daniel had him by his collar and hurled him across the room, into the middle of the dance floor. People started moving, startled by the sudden fight breaking out. As an afterthought, Daniel stated to the pack "Keep your heads cool and the only person who dies tonight is your boss" He put enough metaphysical force into his command that only a true dominant would've been able to resist, and not one of them was even close to that kind of power. Not surprising, since it seemed like these lot were mere pups.

---

Danielle heaved a sigh, shaking her head as their bartender served their drinks. She took the cocktail first, throwing it back before doing the same with the absinthe. The woman looked around the room, eyes straying to the dancefloor as she tried her best to ignore Kiera's flirting and the feeling of Daniel's almost out of control rage.
She moved to Kiera and leaned in close, whispering in her ear "You do realize that Daniel will kill this guy if you sleep with him, right? Hell, he might maim him just because you two flirted". She was rather interested in that potential friend, but was more worried about Kiera purposefully tryig to insight Daniel's rage.

Kiera remained silent as she listened to the words brushing against her ear. No doubt what she said was true, he would no doubt have fun killing anyone who took interest in her. Kiera didn’t know this man she was flirting with, what was it to her if he died? The blonde had to remind herself of why she was really acting in such a way. Did she just want him to come for her? It was a strange and horrific thought; Kiera wasn’t used to the idea of having to lure someone to her; or wanting someone she despised. On one side, no doubt her primal side, she desired him. However, knowing the pain and struggle that had been caused due to his position, it was too much to ignore. How could she forgive herself if she gave into wanting him?

“Maybe if Daniel was here I could play with him instead,” Kiera murmured toward Danielle as she began to slip away from the male she’d been so keen on. She knew exactly how to lure Daniel to her. In a moment her fingers brushed up against Danielle’s jaw, hoping her feelings would soon travel to her male twin. Kiera leaned forward, her lips brushing tenderly against the female’s, her warm, moist lips caressed against Danielle’s before breaking away abruptly. The she wolf gave the woman a slight wink before gripping the male by his arm and dragged him toward the dance floor. If Daniel wanted her as a wife, he’d have to make her such.

“That was hot,” Her companion breathed against her ear, clearly all too keen to see more as his hands snaked along her hips and dragged the female up against his firm frame. “How about we find another woman taking your liking and we go back to my place?” Kiera chuckled softly, her tone ebbing with amusement as she brushed her form against his in a rather slow, seductive movement. Her gaze trailed along the bodies thriving and bustling on the floor until she reached Danielle. Kiera didn’t know why she enjoyed the way she could rile Daniel up, but that fire inside him called to her; screamed to her. The she wolf was hungry for more, desperate to feel him ebb that familiar suppressing power.

“Well, we can just go to your place. I don’t like to share.” The she wolf knew exactly what she was doing; she was risking his life and her own safety simply to lure Daniel out. She should have known better, she just couldn’t help but want to feel that anger, that pure need. Just knowing he was willing to take what was his was all too alluring.

The kiss surprised Danielle into inaction, wide yellow eyes just staring at her. She could taste a lot just from that one kiss. The hot breath of a wolf, the soft lips of a woman, the teasing spice that was all her. She inwardly cussed, knowing full well that Daniel would taste that, that it would get his attention. She was starting to think that Kiera was more right than she'd initially thought. This had been a common thing through their whole life, something she chalked up to "Twin ESP", but this had to be something far more than that. She didn't want Daniel here, mostly because she didn't want this poor guy to suffer just because these two were playing the world's stupidest game of Cat and Mouse... or rather, Alpha and Bitch. Honestly, she had no idea which was which at this point.

---

Oh, Daniel felt that. He definitely felt that. The beast in him was conflicted on one front, knowing that it was his sister that the woman was flirting with. He could fight Danielle, but permanently hurt her? Not over something stupid like this. He did, however, notice the guy. A fragment of a thought 'This guy's a fuckin' tool' filled his mind, his sister's idea, and he then had another target to vent his rage on. Well, after he was done with this guy.

The fight was over and done with in a second. Fueled by fury, he was able to use his flashstepping without stopping. To the average person, it looked like the werewolf was bouncing around the room, and luckily most of the people had cleared out by the time that Daniel had gotten to this point. Bones cracked, blood flew, and the only people to see it were the werewolves this person so irresponsibly created. By the time he hit the floor, he was dead, broken, bruised and, just to reiterate, dead.

---

"Fuck this, they can deal with this shit themselves" Danielle growled as the woman walked away, ordering another drink. This she spiked with magic so she could actually feel inebriated, grumbling into her glass as she sipped. That's when she very suddenly felt that familiar power creeping into the room.

Not everyone felt it. Honestly, most people didn't. It was that storm but something was different about it. It dimmed the lights, and made the air taste like ash. The few regular people that did feel it only shivered and looked around, while most everyone else just ignored it like it was nothing. Seemed like there were a few with psychic gifts in the room, not that most of them would ever know it. Most humans went through life without realizing they had a real deal psychic gift. Like most things, it had to be trained, and it had to come from somewhere. These things don't spontaneously manifest.

"Ah shit..." Danielle groaned, spinning on her seat as she sipped her drink. She spotted Daniel, who was a bit disheveled but seemed pretty normal otherwise. His hair was a messy and he didn't look angry... but the look on his face wasn't nice. His yellow eyes were more an orange, which set off alarm bells in Danielle's head. That's when Daniel's eyes met hers and he made a kind of face, giving her a 'Where is she' look. The witch glanced towards Kiera and the human that she'd picked out, then sighed and rolled her eyes.

The closer he got, the stronger the storm got until both she and the male she was with felt it, like lightning prickling across their skin. Whether or not he had that kind of gift, he would feel it because it was focused on him and Kiera.

Daniel came up behind the guy, placing one hand on his shoulder as he growled in a forceful, dangerous tone "I know my wife is a bit of a dumb bitch most days, and I don't necessarily blame you for flirting with her, but if you don't step away from her... I am going to quite literally break you". His grip was hard, digging his fingers into his shoulder enough to cause pain.

His attention turned to his wife-to-be, who he addressed "And you. REally, my sister? Were you trying to get me... to..." his eyes narrowed as he finally realized that yes, she was trying to get him to come there, to find her. What the hell was the point in that? First she treats him like he's scum, that she doesn't want him, and then she suddenly, not only wants his attention, but his rage?

He shook his head and forced the man to face him, saying "You get one chance to fuck off before I break you"

The moment he entered the bar it was as if every inch of her came alive, adrenaline soared through her veins, willing her body to react. It was when she watched him look toward Danielle that her gaze hovered on the male before her. In comparison, well, there was no comparison. He wasn’t the one she wanted. He was merely a pawn. As Daniel soon began to make his way over toward them, Kiera couldn’t help but lock her gaze to his. Those orange tinted hues sent chills down her spine, not to mention the power ebbing forward lashing across their skin. It was intoxicating. He was intoxicating.

The blonde noticed his hold on the human, causing the male to display clear signs and… scents of fear. It didn’t take him long to scuttle off after he’d had a firm telling off, not daring to make eye contact with Kiera as he did so. It was needless to say Daniel figured out her luring technique. “You’re already calling me your wife,” She noted subtly before taking a step closer to him. “Dumb bitch, I’d think I was more cunning.” A casual shrug of her shoulders caused her swell of her breasts to rise and fall with ease.

“Since we’re stuck together, for now, we may as well get something out of it.” Honestly, she had no idea why she felt so drawn and so blatantly keen. No doubt it was due to the bond; it didn’t mean it wasn’t true, it was just easily extracted. The blonde took her time in gazing over her husband to be; it was clear she could benefit from him in some ways. So why not? If he was going to kill anyone she brought to bed, then she had an obvious choice. Kill innocent people or sleep with him to have her needs met.

“See, as much as I’ve grown to adore Danielle, she’s not the one I want in the sheets.” Kiera’s tone was softer than usual, a hint of a purr lingered as she spoke. “You’ve made it clear I don’t have much of a choice.” Her brow cocked slightly as her hands slipped up along his chest, her warm touch brushed against the fabric, seeping down against his skin. “So, are you going to take your fiancé home or shall I call the pup back?” A slow, menacing smirk crossed her lips as she trailed her hands up toward his throat, her nails pressing slightly against the warm flesh.

The female pressed her form up against Daniel’s, her gaze lingering up on his for a moment. It felt as if her body called out to his. Demanded his. Needed his. It was one of the strangest feelings she’d had; considering her current mind set toward Daniel Carver. Then again, it could be worse. Sure, she may have a mate out there somewhere if this wasn’t real, but that didn’t mean she couldn’t have fun. She wasn’t a virgin by any means, it would just be another night she’d chalk off to her primal desires as opposed to logical thought.

Back
Top Bottom