Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(Star Wars: Echoes of the One Sith)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Right!" Eli turned to leave the bridge, but stopped and faced the Zabrak, her eyes watering a bit despite her intent to be strong. "Thank you, master, for everything. I think i speak for all of us when i say that we look forward to seeing you again soon. May the Force be with you."

With that, she bowed and headed toward the escape pod before her emotions got the better of her. Saying goodbye to another Jedi Master reminded her too much of the bitter farewell from a few days prior.

She packed herself into the pod and waited in silence for the craft to leave it's mothership. If any of the other Padawans knew her from the Temple, they would surely wonder why she hadn't started chatting about something, but this was one of the rare times when she just wanted to sit and reflect. Her Master would have appreciated the break from her usually constant questions and contemplations.

Ralra thanked Zabrak for everything as well, before he followed his two companions to the escape pod and got into the driving seat just in case anything could go wrong. He looked at his two companions and said <Make sure your fully packed up and ready, We only have one chance to make sure this plan works the way it needs to>

Terimak didn't say a word. He only gave the Zabrak master a respectful nod before he rose to his feet, calmly making his way to the escape pod. Once inside, the Miralukan boy sat down, alone in his thoughts as he waited for them to touch down on the planet below.

The escape pod hatch cycled shut behind the four padawans. The small port hole in the escape post revealed that they were shooting towards a blue-green world. Within a few minutes, they had looped over to the black velvet skies of the night side of the planet. A hydraulic woosh was rapidly cut off by the thin atmosphere as their pod deployed. Then they were descending at a half fall!

Taking turns driving the two rented speeders, Nala and her friends made good time towards the Haunted Lands. They stopped to take lunch on the northernmost town in Myth Altha. Then they continued into the haunted lands proper.

Here they passed between copses of strangely twisted trees and great patches of radioactive glass. Most of the land was a more typical looking badlands, but even here there was rocky rubble wherever the eye could see. Sometimes they'd pass a decaying spaceship, toppled statue, or the skeleton of a tower. The wind was strong, cold, and somehow bitter. Once a great ten-legged lizard bigger than some star freighters lumbered by in the past.

Around night fall, they found a bare patch of earth surrounded by broken boulder. “This looks dry and defensible,” Nala competed. “Let's pitch camp. We should be able to make Myth in time for lunch tomorrow.

In the sky above them, a shooting star trailed a red fire across the horizon.

After what felt like an eternity of bucking, jerking, and jarring, their escape pod retro thrusters wined too full life, trying wildly too slow their fall, then...

A crack and a jarring stop!

The padawans were down.

Ralra had been somewhat able to salvage the crash landing, probably just about avoiding some cracked ribs and broken bones before he leaned back in the pilot chair and turned his head back to look at his friends. <Is everyone ok? I have a few healing supplies if you think you've damaged any bones> he asked his friends, if anyone said yes. He would heal them before he looked out at the land before them and said <I'm going to check outside, the rest of you stay here until I give the signal>.
He then open the escape pod door and step outside and inspected the world.

Takani had a nice day of travel, she was use of being outside in the wilderness so for her this was nothing new at all but still being with some people make thing different. She move in front of the group close to Nala so she could detect anything that would go wrong but things as been good so far. There was a lot of male in the group and many nice one and Takani was denying herself for so long now waiting to catch her beast that she was starting to feel wet and horny around them. She will have to do something about that later on.

When they stop for the night Takani was glad. She move to look around just to be sure that no nasty creature would come up to them into the night. After a moment, she told Nala and Tiffany that she will look for a pond to wash and get some....relief.

Eli hadshut her eyes tight when the pod began shaking during it's rapid decent, and only opened them at the sound of Ralra's glutteral language (with which she had almost no experience). When she saw him step out, she automatically followed suit despite any protest he may have put up. She never missed a chance to explore, especially at a time when she needed a distraction. "First thing's first," she said with her hands on her hips as she soaked in the nighttime scene with it's countless shadow silhouettes of derelict buildings against the sky filled with even more countless stars. "We'll need to find a water source. You didn't happen to see any lakes or rivers on the way down, did you?"

Kree groaned as she moved to stand.. "Yes.. I think.. We also need to find food afterward.." She said and would point off to the right. "I thought I saw something that way, it could be water."

(Using Digtal Dices, so the numbers may be a little weird)
Roll(1d20)+0:
19,+0
Total:19
(Ralra Perception)

Roll(1d20)+0:
20,+0
Total:20
(Ralra Survival)

It felt good to drive a speeder without actually having someone to order her where to go but to follow on her own will, though being tightly grabbed by the hips as she drove felt even better. It was hard for Atijk'fani to contain her excitement and the group was so nice to her that in the few hours the trip lasted she already felt she would do anything for any of them.

Night fell upon them and the group continued until they found a place to rest. she just hoped she wouldn't be a nuisance and could be of some help after all, as she looked back at the road behind them she kept thinking how unprepared she was for a environment like this. She was decided to do the best she could and cheerfully offered her help to anyone who could need it.

Takani was the first one speaking to her, she wanted to freshen up a bit and Tiffany kindly offered herself to go with her, after all she could be better at the dim light and she thought turning on a glow rod would most probably attract some unwanted wild creature.

(Roll 1 D-20)+7
12+7
Total Perception=19

(Roll 1d20)+0
10+0
Total Survival= 10

(Got my own dice!)

Nala touched Takani on the shoulder. “Be careful, okay? I know you can handle yourself out here as well as I, but even we shouldn't go anywhere alone, okay?” She flashed Tiffany a smile and touched her on the cheek. “You too, okay? Don't make too much noise or use too much light if you can help it, but if you get in trouble, call!”

Then the togruta girl started to work setting up camp. She set her fusion lantern in the center of camp. It put off a soft orange glow that didn't carry very far at all. At the same time, it put off a comfortable bit fo heat—like a toasty camp fire. She half opened a big can of stew and let it heat on top of the lantern.

From there it was mostly a mater of clearing off places to sleep.

The two girls followed the soft babble of a brook. They didn't have to go far before they found a stream of clean-smelling water, and only a little ways down stream to find a spot where a fallen duracreet structure had formed a deep, still pool, good for bathing.

Unseen creatures sang softly around them, night birds, tree frogs, and a few they couldn’t identify. The stars made a dramatic panorama above them. A contrail was still clear where the fiery object had passed high over head. A shooting star? Or had it been a ship?

Ralra stretched and had nothing to say as his words were ignored before he said <There is a lake and what I think was a bathing pool not that far from here. I crashed the pod as close as I could to these location so we can get there within walking distance. We should still be careful though, My nose is telling me we are not alone. I can't tell if there beasts or not though, so we should stay together and make sure our lightsabers are ready>.
With that, he checked his own lightsaber and a couple of supplies, he had enough water for a day at the very least but he wanted to find the lake and top up as soon as he could.

The landing had been rough, but thankfully the Miralukan padawans was unhurt. Listening to the others speak about survival and finding food and water, the blindfolded young man kept quiet. After all, how exactly could he be of use? He was more adapt at studying, not running around the wilderness. He 'looked' over the area around them. The dark sideways thick here. He could see that more clearly than the others. As they went to find fresh water, he followed in silence, taking care to avoid each rock and hole he could trip over.

Rather than a lake Ralra and the other Jedi scrambled out of a small crater of loosely packed dirt-almost ash.

Though it wasn't very deep, the crater took them serveral minutes to slog out of. Ralrra's great strength and long limbs were a great help there.

Emerging, they found themselves on a baren plane of ash and silt. The stars were briht. The moon was a delicate crescent. In the clear sky, the starlight was surprisngly bright. I one direction, they could make out the shadows of a ruined city. Dozens--maybe hundreds--of ten or twenty story towers still stood.

After clamboring up out of the landing crater, Eli stood and took in her surroundings for a while. "Wow," she breathed quietly. She wasn't sure why but she felt like it was a good idea to whisper. "I'd say this place was beautiful if it weren't so eerie."

After a while longer spent looking all around and listening to the night, she asked in the same quiet tone, "Am i the only one who thinks we should head toward that old city?" She figured that even a place so derelict would surely offer some shelter from the elements that the barren wastfield in which they landed couldn't provide.

Takani thanked Nala and goes with Tiffany.

She was glad to see the stream, that will be so nice after a long day of travel.

Takani look around to be sure of her surrounding, being naked in a stream when monster attack isn't the best of idea.

Takani perception : 1D20+8 => 21

Takani caught the sound of shuffling in the shadows behind them.

There were two creatures--like massive rats with bony ridges reinforcing their skin--sneaking up on the two girls. Their eyes glowed red and they began to hiss in hunger.

Iniative: 13

Ralra stretched out his body before he looked at the building Eli was pointing out before he said <I can see what you're pointing out, but my only problem is that I honestly don't trust it. I can smell a stream not far from here, We need to go there to refill our canteens>. He looked her in the eyes as he said that so she could see he was being serious.

Tiffany shared Takani alertness, after all she followed just to be sure she wasn't endangered by venturing on her own and she moved paying attention at their surroundings as well not letting her guard down even after they saw the pond.

Seemed her worries had not been in vain after all.

Perception roll 17+7 = 24
Initiative roll 6+4 = 10

Kesjer didn't need to drive one of the speeders. Technically, for insurance reasons, he did, but that didn't concern him. Besides, he was content to ride as a passenger and just try to focus on the environment around him with the Force, still honing those senses on his own. He could feel that Takani, the odd, young zabrak, was also sensitive to the Force, and made a point to keep an eye on her. He sensed several other Force-users somewhere above them as well, but he couldn't see them.

As the weather began to chill, he threw on a large jacket to break the chill, but otherwise was quiet and fairly motionless. He generally stayed out of the way as Nala set up camp, nodding curiously as Takani announced her leave. He was looking for a place to sit down when the streak of light appeared. He reached down and checked to make sure his blaster was at his hip before venturing forward.

OOC: Perception 26, Initiative 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom