Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Survive Together -- Z Nation [Virginia & Traveler]

June heard the door opening and looked up promptly, eyes lighting up a little, and then flickering with uncertainty. She took her eyes off of her cooking to check, and then put them back on her work because she didn't want anything to burn. His footsteps were quiet but there, boots on tile in close range. It was about then that she looked away from her cooking, face brightening, gaze warm. He was back. No need to worry any more, 10k had returned just fine. "It was already actual food," she informed him, tone almost playfully scolding. "I just cooked it is all."

He smiled and she felt like she was being warmed from the inside out. She liked the attention, she liked the way his voice sounded when he spoke to her, and the smile. It felt a little bit special. Maybe he smiled at all his friends, but right now it felt like it was just for her. "Well, I used cattail roots instead of actual flour, so not quite. And I was missing a few ingredients. But I guess kinda." June shrugged her shoulders a little shyly. "Food made in a factory had to be made by hand at first."

Addy sort of half chased him off, and June giggled before turning her attention back to the food. "We're all pretty much dirt and mud at this point though, aren't we?" It was almost done, and as soon as it was she was finished she started divvying things up. Murphy would probably complain about not having more, but it had to be even. The one extra got offered to Addy, who accepted it. It seemed to have been the right decision for the beginnings of friendship with the slightly older woman. She carried the plates out, setting them at the table. People probably wouldn't eat there, but it seemed like the right thing to do. She took her own and carried one over for 10k, offering it to him. "Let me know what you think? It's probably not as good, but hot, fried food is still hot fried food, right?"

After a hesitant moment, the redhead spoke up again, a little bit more quietly. "I'm glad you came back safe. I... worried a little." Which she shouldn't have, but she did. June wasn't sure what admitting it was supposed to do, but it just kind of felt like the right thing to say. She had all these feelings jumbled up and she didn't know what to do with them, admitting that she'd worried seemed like the first step. It would at least relieve some of the emotional pressure.

((you're back just in time for my spring break!
I had the lifechanging event of buying Netflix and binging on Daredevil and Jessica Jones. and now for Gotham
I'm a little sad June's not really the sassy type because I'm gonna make Murphy be awful and it's hard for her to really say much back.))

((June can grow snarkier as she gains her confidence. I'd love to see her evolve from a quiet, shy thing to someone more outspoken. :) ))

Addy watched June as she dished out the portions, then carried them out. She sighed. "I would fucking kill someone for a big plate of chicken Alfredo and some fresh garlic bread right now. Man. Who knew that I could miss Olive Garden so much?" She stuck her head into the other room. "Yo! Me and the chickie made some grub. Hurry up or I'll eat your portion."

That got everyone moving. 10k lingered in the back, and when June brought him a plate he shyly smiled at her. He held the plate like it carried a great treasure and brought it to the table. As he did, Murphy and Cassandra came in from outside and the underlying scent of decay wafted in after them like an invisible swarm. Roberta flinched slightly but didn't say anything. Doc, on the other hand, waved a hand back and forth. "Someone spray some Glade. For crying out loud, guys, can't you smell yourselves? There's running water here; we can heat up some for a bath if you'd take one."

Murphy flipped off Doc and then silently took a chair, Cassandra hovering behind him. He took her plate and poured it onto his own. "She doesn't eat this stuff. Not anymore."

10k followed June back to the dining table and sat next to her. He tried to avoid looking at Cassandra as much as possible. He noticed Vasquez taking a seat near Roberta, Abby on his other side. Their conversation had been strange, to say the least, and now he felt like everything he did regarding June was going to be under the other man's scrutiny.

He turned to June quietly admitted to her. "I'm glad to be back too. It was strange out there; he was... it felt like being around an old, nosy aunt, you know?" 10k smiled at her. "I used to hate it when my aunties would ask me embarrassing things."

((apologies on the brief disappearance! I went a friend's for Spring Break.
I think she'll kind of pick things up from observing Addy, too. Gotta learn some of that sass. So I'll let Addy be sassy for a bit since 10k can't exactly provide the verbal smackdowns, and eventually June will kinda pick it up.))

"If someone can kill me a chicken, I can do all sorts of things with it. Any kind of bird, really." It was just hard. Had to get the whole head off at once. "I can't make noodles, though. At least, not by hand." She sounded a tiny bit apologetic about it. June didn't know how to respond to being called 'chickie', but decided that it was a positive nickname. She didn't have any evidence to disagree with that, so positive it was!

Oh, a smile! Another one. Once again it warmed her from the inside, and June returned it. Then the smell of Murphy, and her nose wrinkled. That was super gross. When Murphy took Cassandra's plate, the redhead opened her mouth to say something, and then closed it. That wasn't fair, he shouldn't have all of that food to himself it should be spread among everyone.

"If he was being nosy, it probably means he cares. I mean I kind of assume that. He's barely said a word to me. But I had Addy being a little nosy while I was cooking. There was less asking me embarrassing things and more... telling me embarrassing things, though." It hadn't been the best bit of conversation. And now when she looked at him, June was thinking back to that. The idea of 10k not having as much time for her hurt. Just a physical sort of hollow pain in her chest. Which probably meant she should talk to him about it, but she didn't even know how to start that.

"Hey girl." Oh, he was talking to her. June jerked her head up, looking at Murphy with slight confusion in her large eyes. "You're not so useless after all." She was going to take that as a compliment, and she got ready to thank him when Murphy continued, "if you want to head up and work out some daddy issues, I've got half an hour." Silence. Doc moved to 10k, deciding that if anyone was going to cause an issue it was probably him. June looked startled, confused, and a little bit like someone had just hit her in the gut. "Murphy--" Roberta started, and then Addy spoke up, tone a little lazy. "What, so you can perform for about two minutes and she can spend the rest of her time trying to make you feel better? Poor girl might even actually have expectations because she doesn't know how age effects men." Murphy drew himself up, looking angry, and Roberta was there, hand on his arm. "You stink," she said with a calmness that was somehow a little threatening, "I think it'd be better if you ate outside and then washed. Come on, I'll fill you up a bucket." Murphy obviously wanted to argue, but he did recognize that for the moment everyone in the room was very against him. So he did, with a grumble and a glare.

She was undeniably sweet. To think that Vasquez might care about him was somewhat foreign. To 10k it seemed like the ex-DEA agent only cared about the mission. He glanced behind him at the solemn man and caught sight of a serious glare that made him feel a little unsettled. Then he was about to ask June if she would sit with him, but Murphy interrupted.

The focus of their group was altogether a pain to handle. The man was crass, rude, and completely disregarded common courtesies. Then the Z-Boss propositioned June and 10k was speechless. He felt the cold anger rising in his body. His fingers felt numb and his vision went to black and white in an instant. Doc put a hand on 10k's shoulder and shook his scraggly head in warning. 10k realized that he had set his plate down and had his hand on his pistol. He hadn't even realized what he had done.

Thankfully Roberta and Anna intervened. Cassandra mimicked Murphy's glare and shuffled after him. As soon as the two left the tension in the room immediately lessened.

"Well," Roberta looked at the others. "I suggest we all eat and prepare to leave. Once Murphy is more tolerable we're going to hit the road. We still have a mission." She glanced at Vasquez and a message passed between them. "We can't afford any more delays."

10k watched June's response to the incident, and when she seemed to have snapped out of her shock he picked his plate up. "Uhm... can I?" He indicated the seat next to hers. "Sit. Can I sit with you?"

June didn't even feel like she could be properly angry or hurt by the comment. It was just... ridiculous. Like a caricature of a jerk. What someone would have a villain say if they were more interested in getting across who the bad guy was than being subtle. So she just sat there, looking confused and a tiny bit blank. At least for the first few seconds. And then she was so angry she thought she was going to throw up. How dare he? She'd been nothing but kind! Been polite, made food, she hadn't made any kind of fuss when he took what should have been divided among everyone and he said that? What kind of person was he?

Maybe not a person. That thought was an odd sort of comfort. This wasn't the sort of thing a person would say because he wasn't a person. Thoughts like that had made her feel bad before, but right now they didn't. Right now it was a little bit better than the alternative; that he was just a person and that awful.

When 10k spoke she looked up at him, managing a small smile. "Yeah, of course! You don't need to ask, the answer will always be yes." She would never not want him near her. All her negative feelings faded a little, and there was a sort of gentle warmth that took it's place.

The redhead moved her plate a little so it wasn't in what she judged to be 'his space' on the table, and waited for him to sit down. After a few moments she pushed a zucchini circle around on her plate with the fork she'd gotten (it made it all feel much more normal) and then glanced over at him. "It... kinda looked like you were gonna shoot him." June had noticed that. It had surprised her. She wasn't sure how to interpret that fact, because she didn't think of 10k as being the sort who'd respond like that to things. He seemed much more in control than that. "Probably wouldn't have gone over very well."

Crunchy, but warm and squishy in the middle...

He shut his eyes as he chewed to let the juices and the heat completely absorb his attention. Each burst of fresh, sun-grown flavor reminded him of summertime when people still used to cut their lawns and play in sprinklers on the grass. The cattail flour tasted a little like broccoli, or cauliflower, and the oil and salt that spiced each bite tasted like good memories of a life that they might never experience again. He cracked his eyes open and slid a glance at her when she mentioned shooting Murphy. Slowly he chewed, wondering what the best response was going to be.

Doc saved him the indecision. "It's not a secret that 10k hates Murphy. He'd put a bullet right between his eyes if it weren't for the mission."

Vasquez cleared his throat. He raised an eyebrow at the doctor, but instead of intervening he nodded as if to say that he wanted to hear more about 10k's feelings about their package.

"Ah.. it's not that... I mean," 10k swallowed and cleared his throat. "He's not normal. Not anymore. Cassandra isn't either, and I'm not going to let them hurt June."

"No one's hurting anyone." Roberta looked at each one of them as if they were rebellious children. "There are enough Zs and people out there wanting to kill us; we don't need to be plotting after each other. Got it?" Her eyes bore into 10k until he swallowed and silently nodded. "Good. Now finish up. We don't know when we're going to have another 'home cooked' meal, so you might as well enjoy this while you can."

For once Addy didn't have anything to say about the situation. She just shrugged and ate as if the thought that one of her companions wanted to kill another wasn't a big deal. Maybe it wasn't.

But 10k wasn't thinking that this was 'no big deal'. It was. He hadn't even realized that he had been thinking about taking out 'the Murph' if he grabbed June, and now that he thought about it the idea scared him. Who was he becoming? He bent his head and used the tip of his fork to swirl the disks around in the oily crumbs to catch every last bit of flavor on the plate.

Once the attention moved away from him, 10k glanced over at June. He wondered what she thought of their motley group. She'd just lost her parents - this group was a poor substitute for her father and mother. 10k would have gladly traded Murphy and Cassandra for June's parents. He felt the presence of the others in the small dining room, and he thought that many of the others might have felt the same way had it not been for their mission.

June wrinkled her nose at Doc's words, not appearing exceptionally pleased with the thought. She'd avoided any kind of violent interaction with another person (though she knew her father had a few), and the idea didn't sit well with her, even though it was a necessity in this world. Life was just meant to be protected and appreciated. She didn't like what was happening now. Then again, nobody did.

The bright haired teen ignored Vasquez, instead keeping her focus on 10k while he spoke. "I'm all for not getting hurt," she piped up, "but he was just being creepy and gross. I don't think he'd actually do anything." And if he did she sort of assumed someone would break his arm before they shot him. That seemed like a must less deadly way of getting him to let go. Her gaze flicked over to Roberta as the older woman spoke, and she nodded. "Sounds good to me!" As though she were the one people had to worry about causing trouble.

When he glanced at her, she smiled. She didn't know what was going on in his head but there was no reason NOT to smile. June couldn't exactly say she'd make a trade because human life wasn't supposed to be swappable. But she'd definitely rather be with her parents than most of the group. Things got a little more confusing when it came to 10k, and she was just choosing not to think about it. But yeah, Murphy and Cassandra were very poor replacements for her parents. Even adding in Roberta and Addy, she still knew who she'd have wanted to go with.

She knew though that she wouldn't have been able to just take Doc and 10k. But her family could have been here. At least her mother, if she'd been... no, those thoughts didn't help.

After a moment she jabbed a few of her zucchini pieces on her fork and moved them onto his plate. "You probably need it more than me," she said as defense of her actions. "You're bigger and do more stuff and you keep looking out for me." And she'd probably been eating better for longer. The oil bottle had been put in her bag, because it was definitely worth the space. There wasn't a lot left, but she could make it work once or twice more.

((I'm not a slow poster, youuuuuu're a slow poster!
Shoot, I am. Sorry, I had a fever for like three days. >.> ))

((I'm glad you are feeling better.))

10k wasn't sure what to think of her offering of more food, and so he hesitated when she scooped the few remaining pieces of zucchini and gave them to him. On the other end of the table Vasquez let out a little groan. It was the kind of sound someone might make if they saw a corny scene in a movie, but Doc's soft chuckle drowned out the worst of it.

"Uhm... thank you?" He glanced at her a couple of times as if to ask if she was sure. When it looked like she meant it, he speared the pieces with his fork and ate as if slightly concerned she would change her mind. He scraped his fork along the plate to pick up the last few crumbs of cattail flour before setting the fork down. The food had been meager but it was good. If he had complaints it was only that there was not more, but he kept them to himself.

"Let's move on out." Roberta left her plate on the table. Who were they going to wash dishes for? "Vasquez, make sure our package is still on his way. Doc? You and 10k secure the vehicles. We're leaving in five."

"I'll get our gear," Abby volunteered. She smiled at June. "You coming?"

Once again it seemed like the group was conspiring to keep 10k and the new girl apart. He glanced back at her as he followed Doc, and his shy smile promised that he'd save a spot for her in the back of the truck. Lately he'd found that he was really fond of being outside where he could get the best view as they traveled. He wanted to see 'them' before they saw him.

"Go on," Roberta urged. "I'll help Vasquez round up Murphy and his sidekick."

June shot Vasquez a look that seemed almost chiding, though it lasted only about half a second before her eyes dropped, not quite confident enough to really push the issue. But she'd tried, and gotten absolutely no negative response from Vasquez. Really, she got no response at all. Still encouraging. She could deal with being ignored, at least by him.

10k glanced at her and she smiled brightly at him, and then looked back at the two pieces left on her plate. She wasn't going to take what she'd offered back, she meant it. It wasn't that much; she didn't think she'd miss it, really. June would have given him more, but there wasn't all that much to give in the first place, and even if she would have been willing to give him her entire plate, she knew that it was a bad idea. She needed food too, after all. If she didn't eat, she'd be useless. But she could give 10k a little bit, because it was what she could do to care for him. He kept being there to protect her, to take care of her, and she didn't know what she could do for him in return except make sure that he had a little bit extra.

Why couldn't she go with him? She wanted to tag along with him. Setting her fork down on top of her plate, she stood a tiny bit reluctantly. "Yeah!" Well, she did like Addy decently, and she hadn't given up on the hope that the other woman would be her friend.

She helped gather things including a few things for comfort in the truck. If people were riding in the back, a pillow to sit on might be nice, and a blanket in case it got cold. She wanted a tarp for when it eventually rained, but she couldn't find one. Maybe someone else would be able to, or they'd find one later. Eventually it would be really useful. Water came from the sky, they'd probably want to take advantage of that when the season came.

After everything was loaded up, she tossed her bag into the back, and smiled at 10k again. "Can I sit with you?" It was the exact same way he'd asked if he could sit with her at breakfast. Was she kind of teasing him? She might have been. But just a little bit, and very good naturedly. She also didn't seem to be expecting a 'no', because she climbed in next to him without really waiting for an answer. "I brought a blanket, in case it gets chilly or too windy. And pillows." For leaning on or sitting on or whatever else. It was much better to be out here, than even thinking about being in the same car as Murphy. Even if she hadn't liked every moment of being around 10k.

((It's officially a pattern, every time I have a dream that involves the Z Nation cast, 10k is adorbs))

Vasquez walked with Roberta to the back of the house. They could smell Murphy long before they saw him. The sweet stench of a cheap cigar wafted through the halls. Then they heard him humming a song that brought to mind the old fashioned speakeasys and movies about the mob. They saw Cassandra standing by the tub, dipping a ladle in a bucket and then pouring it over Murphy's shoulder. Her stare was glassy, and when they came into sight she turned her head slowly to look at them while she continued her task. It reminded Vasquez of those animated dolls in the horror films.

Murphy took the cigar out of his mouth and grinned at the dark-skinned beauty. "Care to join me, Roberta?" He waggled his eyebrows and looked very satisfied at his condition.

She turned away, her face scrunched up in disgust. She put a hand up next to her eyes as if it would erase the memory. "Get dressed, preferably in something clean. We're leaving."

"I'm quite happy right where I am."

That made her turn and face him. "We're leaving, and you're coming with us. Even if we have to strap your naked butt to the hood."

"You'd like that, wouldn't you?" The cigar found its place back in his yellowed teeth. "I'll be out in a minute. Just gotta finish up," he looked over at Cassandra. "You missed a spot, doll."

Roberta made a sound of disgust and marched out of the bath, Vasquez right behind her. "I'm telling you, this would be a whole hell of a lot easier if you'd just let me cuff him. He's a prisoner, we should treat him as such."

"He's not our prisoner," she tried to reconcile what they were doing with her feelings about bringing in a man who had been purposely infected with the virus against his will. "He's important to what we are doing, but we can't lose sight of the fact that he's a human being. We need to treat him with as much dignity as we can." She saw him roll his eyes but he didn't say anything, so she didn't say anything.

Out at the trucks 10k was settling his ruck in the corner of the truck bed. He looked up at June's familiar words, then smiled and nodded. She had been so nice to him and he couldn't figure out why. Soon they were rumbling down the street, away from their temporary shelter and the zucchini plants that had provided them their hot dinner. Every once in a while he would glance over and look at her, pretending to be scanning for Zs He was looking, but he was also very conscious of the new level of tension that was between himself and June. It wasn't a bad thing. It was more of an... awareness? He felt the vibrations in the air hanging around them. It was as if a hundred little invisible bees were hovering just out of earshot, but their wings were still affecting the energy around them.

Occasionally he'd catch a glimpse of a Blaster, but they got further and further apart. Eventually their vehicles moved far enough away that they had outrun the faster cousins to the Zs. Once enough time had passed and none of the faster Zs had been seen a while 10k settled back and allowed himself to sit next to June. The wind was still warm and the sun wasn't too harsh; if it wasn't for the fact that the world had gone crazy it might have been possible to think of it as just another nice autumn day.

The easy answer was that her default setting was to be nice to everyone. But there was definitely another one there that she hadn't felt like admitting. Eventually she'd get around to it, right now June was trying her best to be mature and thoughtful. And the mature, thoughtful response was to wait and see for a few days because she could only be attached because of trauma. The idea wasn't one she liked, but June was trying to be reasonable.

Maybe a few days of waiting wasn't enough but this was the apocalypse, a day was basically a week now.

She wanted to talk to him, but she didn't know how. There was no dried fruit to help her approach this time, no serious anxiety to make her more willing to ask for help. If she said the wrong thing they'd be stuck together here in the back of the truck until the next break. Unless one of them got so unhappy they crawled in through the window, and that seemed almost unreasonable. Suddenly she was worried she'd do or say something that made 10k that displeased, and that kept her quiet for another few minutes.

Seeing blasters while in the truck made her a little more tense than it should, and briefly she wondered if this was the right place for her to be. Cars were faster than zombies and she knew that logically, but she felt exposed in the back like this. She shifted a tiny bit closer to 10k, not enough to get in his way if he needed to do anything, but enough that she felt safer.

"I haven't gotten to ride in the back of a truck since before all of this started. We'd use our truck sometimes when clearing the orchard after all of this, but I was always in the cab. But I used to get to, and dad would go real slow on the way home so I could stand in the back and try to get more apples." A pause, and then, "I fell off once and broke my arm, but we told mom I fell out of a tree so she wouldn't make us stop." She didn't feel like she had much to share but that sort of thing. Some fond, warm memories that were a little bit amusing, at least to her. They'd had more help then, too. But when the apocalypse started everyone wanted to be with their family or heading to safety, and two farmhands.

Then just them.

And now just her.

No, she corrected a moment later. She wasn't alone. She had people with her still. New people she didn't know so well, but they were people and they'd let her into their group. "It's nicer out here than in there, I think. I like having fresh air." Nobody smelled amazing anymore. "Plus you're one of the three people I'd want to talk to anyway. Well, the one I want to talk to most." Why did that make her blush a little?

((Apologies on how long this took. I will be better now))

((Real life come first. No worries.))

He had leaned his head against the cab and then reached up to pull his scarf away from his neck. The wind cooled his skin and gave him a sense of being wrapped up in warm familiarity. He glanced above them and watched the clouds and the trees fly by. He could feel the soft bump-bump of June's arm against his. It was nice.

He lied to listen to her talking about her life. Her voice was relaxing and the cadence of her words were reassuring. He smiled at her, his blue-grey eyes slightly squinty in the windy sunshine.

"Me?" He wasn't sure that he had heard her correctly. "I'm not... interesting." His fingers fidgeted with the rifle's strap. Had he gone to public school he would have been the kid least likely to raise his hand or volunteer for theater classes. If he had been forced into theater he would have been happy working the lighting or the sound system. He never was one of the stage. As it was, he had been home-schooled by a father who saw more merit teaching his son how to reload rifle cartridges, rappel, fly small planes, and rebuild engines. 10k's father was one who felt like 'something' was going to happen. He just never anticipated that it woudl be a world full of Zs.

Doc and Addy were in the car behind them, and 10k noticed that Doc was smiling at him while Addy scowled. What had he done? He slid a bit lower in the bed of the truck, feeling self-conscious. Doc decided at that moment to wave. That only made it worse.

Vasquez slid open the rear window in the truck and stuck his head back to look at 10k and June. "Heads up - we're approaching a town." He shut the window without much fanfare and turned his attention to the front.

In his attempt to roll over and come up on his hands and knees 10k accidentally put his hand on June's leg. He jerked his hand back as if he had touched fire, muttering something that sounded like 'ohfrickahmsosorry'. He stumbled around, not knowing where to put his hands. Then the truck swerved and he was thrown across June, smushing her under his weight in a tangle of scarves and rifle stock and lanky, strong limbs that had never been so close to a woman who wasn't his mother.

She hadn't intended to end up actually against him, but it sort of happened. She was going to blame the movement of the truck, and just sort of didn't end up moving away from him, just adjusted her position a little bit so they could both be comfortable. if 10k protested she'd be able to move quickly, but she had the feeling that he wouldn't.

"What? Yes you are! I think you are. Plus you're nice, and I feel comfortable around you. And..." Go ahead, say the positive thing, "safe." She felt safe around him. Which she'd told him before, but she didn't think he'd responded to it at the time. It was a pretty high compliment these days. "Are you going to argue with me while I compliment you?" She was bringing out the sort of pouty puppy face. Just a little bit, but it was there. If she'd known exactly how he'd been raised, she'd be able to point out that it was really unique and very interesting. "Plus, I'm just a farm girl. Got a small world, everything's exciting and interesting." It was a self deprecating joke, made a little more ridiculous by the fact that it was the apocalypse. Her world couldn't exactly be small while she was out and about trying to survive zombies.

Vasquez opened the window and she sat up a little bit, nodding. "You got it!" She didn't have a firearm but she could keep her eyes out. She should... probably fine a gun. It didn't make a ton of sense for her to be out there without one, really. Handheld weapons were fine but not for providing covering fire or anything. All she could do was watch out.

She was drawn out of her concerns by the hand on her leg. She glanced over, assuming that he wanted to say something to her, though her cheeks had flushed a little. His apologies were what made it awkward, and she shook her her head, eyes focusing on somewhere off in the distance. "It... it's no problem..."

What was a problem was when he fell. Without thinking about it, June threw up her hands to try and either catch or steady him, neither of which really happened. Instead she ended up with one hand splayed on his chest and the other on his bicep, trapped between the young man and the truck. She let out a tiny, high pitched squeak that trailed off like a deflating balloon, and turned a shade of red that nearly matched her hair. Her fingers curled around his arm, entirely unsure of what to do. Her brain had sputtered to a stop and she just stared at him, eyes wide.

In the truck behind them, Doc might have tried to give 10k some advice ('kiss her' was great advice), but only the people in his truck could hear it.

((real life is dumb. Also 10/10 awkward situation))

She was so energetic and upbeat. Had she really said that she felt safe around him? She had complimented him, and then reminded him that she was a farm girl, which of course brought to mind his childhood crush (Mary Anne on Gilligan's Island), which made him think of himself as none other than the goofy mess-up, Gilligan, and made him feel even more out of place around the pretty, optimistic young woman.

Her hand grasped his arm, hard and muscled beneath his long-sleeved shirt. His knee had somehow managed to slide between her legs and the heat from her body burned the top of his thigh with an intensity that shot straight to his core. He was suddenly aware of 'how much' of a woman she was. Her chest heaved with each breath she took, thrusting her soft, inviting breasts towards him.

He saw the surprise in the pout of her lips and the way her eyes glistened as she looked at him. 10k shifted slightly and brought his knee up higher to get more of a purchase on the truck bed. That only served to make him contact June's body more firmly and more intimately, his knee now pressed against her heat in an overly-familiar manner. His other knee came up until he was kneeling more sturdily, and he managed to slide his rifle off to the side so that it no longer pressed against her body with its rigid length.

"Did I hurt you?" He searched her face, wondering if her shriek was surprise or pain. Slowly he pulled his body away from hers, and as he did so he realized that it was reluctantly. When he held her last night it had been a comforting, warm feeling that he had; today's sudden physical encounter had made him warm, but the feeling was something acute and desperate. His entire body had become aroused in a way that he had only experienced when waking suddenly from a hot dream and worried that he might have soiled his bed in his night-time musings.

It was kind of embarrassing.

In the car behind them Addy was singing "Boom-chica-bow-wow" in her best cheap porn imitation. The two 'love birds' had disappeared from their view momentarily.

"Give them a break. In today's world you gotta get it where and when you can." Doc glanced at his passenger. "You're not a stranger to that notion."

She frowned at him, but that shut her up. She didn't like being reminded.

10k was able to extract himself from her with a lot of awkward pushing and touching, but by the time they entered the town he was back on alert and scanning the buildings and windows for signs of in-habitation. "You know," he nearly whispered to June, "we should get you a rifle or something. Have you ever shot?"

When he moved, she inhaled a little sharply. It wasn't pain his knee pressed into her was causing, it was pretty much the opposite and she didn't know how to deal with it. It took her a moment to process the question, as she stared up at him. "Huh? Oh, n-no. I'm fine." Well that might have been the wrong word, but she wasn't hurt. A short train of thoughts she deemed inappropriate ran through her head, settling on the fact that she really wanted to kiss him in that moment. It was probably a good thing she'd already reached the point where her cheeks literally couldn't get any pinker.

The feeling was almost foreign to her. When it came to the desires natural to a teenager, she'd had pretty much nothing to work with. Memories of heroes from movies and the imagined features of male characters from books she'd read several times because there was nothing else. There had been no chances for the awkward heat of being close to someone, dealing with the inappropriate desire to touch and definitely no chance for something like this.

And that was just thinking about the strong body above her. June was afraid to move at all, because his knee was right there and what if he knew?

She let go of his arm because it wasn't doing any good, and shoved his chest gently. Still, when he actually started to get up, June was disappointed. She found a spot a little further away from him once they were both up, needing a moment to compose herself. Part of her wanted to be escaping into the truck, and another wanted almost desperately to be back against him, kissing him hard, feeling the skin he hid under his shirt, his knee back where it had been before....

Letting out a tiny whine of embarrassment and shame at the way her mind was getting away from her, the redhead sunk down in her spot, eyes very pointedly finding everything to look at that wasn't 10k.

She nodded when he said they should get get a gun, only then glancing over at him, and repeated the gesture to answer whether or not she'd used one. Now was a time for quiet, or at least not being louder than the trucks. "I'm... passable? Mostly my dad had the gun because he was the best shot. Not a lot of practice in the apocalypse." Not when bullets were a finite resource. "The closest thing we had for practice was a neighbor's bb-gun." Which was lightly and didn't have recoil comparable to an actual gun, but it was probably better than nothing. But she could shoot. She could probably hit, that just wasn't necessarily enough when it come to zombies. Clipping a human in the shoulder was going to at least slow them down a little, it was a waste of a bullet with a zombie. She'd be fine at close range, but unless it was an emergency, at close range it was better to use something else.

She could do it, she'd just only ever managed while having had time to set up and watch and all that. June had lived in an odd little bubble that had left her with skills that didn't always match up with what was needed in the rest of the world, and she knew it. Thankfully they were still useful.

He must have done something wrong, because she had pushed him away and gave a little whine when they finally parted. But then she seemed to perk up when he suggested getting her a weapon. He nodded and turned to look at her when she said that she had only had a BB gun. "You know, the whole concept of sight picture and sight alignment is the same with a 50 caliber and a BB gun. It's all about the follow through and technique. Anyone can do it, given the proper instruction."

10k watched the first of the buildings go by without incident. The town seemed quiet enough; the only sounds he could hear was the wind and their vehicles. He made a motion with his hand as if he was getting something out of his shirt, then held his hand in a loose fist palm-down towards her. "Here," he said, gesturing as if he was going to drop something into her hand. Most people would trustingly reach out to cup it, but if she did he would open his hand and slide his fingers into hers, lacing them together so that he could hold her hand.

Even friends held hands and he figured she could use a friend as much as he could. Besides... it was a nice day despite it all, and they were both orphans. There was no harm in banding together.

Behind them in the sedan Doc grinned and tapped his hands against the steering wheel in a drumming motion. "About time, kid. About time."

He had kinda been on top of her in the back of a truck, even though she had maybe not wanted him to get off of her, he kinda had to. For safety and because other people were watching. June would have felt bad if she'd thought he was taking it as some kind of rejection. But it had been incredibly surprising and she hadn't been sure of how to respond.

"Really? It seems like it may be a potential waste of bullets, but I'd like to learn, if... you're willing to take the time to teach me." Him specifically, she hoped. "I want to be as useful as possible. Also not die. I'm really into not dying these days," she joked. She wanted to do whatever she could, though. Be as useful as possible, pull her weight, make sure no one regretted her membership in this group. And she didn't want 10k to get hurt protecting her, because it was starting to look like that was a role he was taking up.

She did open her hand, eyes curious, and then looked surprised when he laced their fingers. But the teen didn't protest. She squeezed his hand back and scooted a little closer, leaning lightly against sharpshooter's arm. "That was all sorts of smooth," the redhead commented softly after a moment. Maybe this wasn't the best time to be holding hands, because he might need to shoot something, but the gesture was very much appreciated. She liked it, and she really liked him. She really, really did. For a moment June considered kissing his cheek, but refrained partially because there were people watching them. She didn't want to embarrass herself and she definitely didn't want to embarrass 10k.

Especially because if that happened, this would probably end, and she definitely needed this. June needed all of the time and attention she could get right now. Even more so if it was from him. 10k was so... sweet. To her, at the very least. The attention made her feel special. Or maybe that was the warmth of his hand and his arm through their clothing. At the next stop, she decided. She could just pass it off as a friendly gesture, but... it wasn't. No, this was the planning of a girl with a crush. She'd just thought about how she needed to be in control and ignore this for a while, but hormones were kind of a bitch.

"Are you okay? I kinda cushioned your fall, but you didn't hit your head or anything, right?" She could be concerned, and it was an excuse to reach up with her free hand to touch his head gently, checking to make sure.

His hair was softer than it had right to be.

((I rewatched the episode when they're with the Zeros and we gotta get to that eventually. Because cleaned up and I'm sure they'll doll June up all sorts of attractive.))

He was going to say something to her 'smooth' comment, but all he could manage was to open and close his mouth and blush, smiling shyly. It was smooth, wasn't it? But he hadn't thought of it that way when he did it; he just thought it would be a fun way to 'ask' her to hold his hand. It felt good to hold her hand, as if they were in this together no matter what happened.

"Are you okay? I kinda cushioned your fall, but you didn't hit your head or anything, right?" She reached up and brushed a few strands of hair away from his head, making him turn to look at her. She was gentle and kind, and she had been nice to him from the start. There was no harshness in her that had been directed towards him even though 10k knew that beneath her peaceful exterior there had to be a survivor somewhere, someone willing to fight to survive. Right now she was newly orphaned and among strangers. He didn't want to be a stranger to her any longer.

"I'm okay," he affirmed. "Did I hurt you?" His eyes flashed from her face to her torso, then back. "I don't have a lot of cushioning; I've been told that I'm all knees and elbows." He watched her face to see if there was indication she was being false with him, even though his ability to read people's poker faces was pitiful. He squeezed her hand back and then rested his head against the truck cab as they moved through the town.

Signs swung eerily in the soft breeze, but other than their engines there wasn't much to hear. Somehow the wind shifted and the smell of pot wafted up from Doc's truck. The old shrink drew in a deep pull and held it as he passed the joint to Addy. "Kid's growing up," he mentioned, his breath still deep in his chest. Slowly he let it out. "That Z-Weed is good shit."

"Mmm." She took a drag and handed it back. "Sick, but good."

Soon the caravan came to a CVS Pharmacy that seemed mostly intact. A window had been broken and a door was still jammed open, but there didn't seem to be much movement. Roberta pulled her truck to the side and glanced at Juarez. "We could use some medical supplies if they have any."

He arched an eyebrow and looked at the run-down store. "Okay. You're the boss."

In the back of the truck 10k was reluctant to let go of June, but he knew that any scavenger hunt meant he needed to be on point. Roberta wouldn't have stopped unless she saw value in the risk, and even though the town seemed quiet so far that didn't mean that there wasn't inherent risk every time they put their boots on the ground.

June wanted to assume the best of people. Unless someone seemed off to her -- and she had a decent radar -- the redhead started out wary but friendly. And then just straight up friendly. 10k had done absolutely nothing to make her question him. He'd protected her, brought her into his group, been emotional support, of course he got nothing but the gentle and kind responses from her. Zombies were easier. She had just stopped thinking of them as people. June had always been used to being there for and killing animals that she'd named and liked, she'd had more attachment to them than most zombies. It was only hard when it was people really important to her.

She'd even gotten used to putting down the zombies of people she knew. It was the natural effect of living closest to a very small town. Obviously it had been different when it was her dad, but there had been a decent number of previously friendly shopkeeps and school friends. The weirdest was when she'd found them three or four years in. Frozen at fourteen while she'd aged.

But she still had a lot to learn about what people were like now.

"You kinda got me with your knee, but it was fine." Or not fine, but for entirely different reasons than he was thinking. "I'm just fine. Well... you didn't hurt me." She wasn't exactly just fine. She'd had a fall yesterday and her parents were dead, but 10k hadn't added to any bruised or aches she had currently.

The cab shifted as the truck slowed, and she frowned a tiny bit. Things were going to move on, and she wasn't ready. Her grip on his hand tightened a little, not wanting him get up quite yet. How was she supposed to say this? June didn't want to say the wrong thing or make 10k uncomfortable. But he'd probably be uncomfortable any way she went about this? She didn't know. "Thank you." She said that so often to him. "And..." And she didn't know what to follow it with. 'Sorry you've had to put up with so much clinginess'? 'Was this where she confessed? It probably was, but words were suddenly really hard. He wasn't so good with words either though, so maybe actions were better anyway.

Not easier, though. Not really. But, thanks to the apocalypse, she was more used to forcing herself to do things that would usually have her frozen. Romance was on the other end of the spectrum from what she was used to making herself do, but if she could get used to the bashing and cutting and stabbing and the reality that there were millions of hungry undead, unendingly stalking for prey, June Phillips could goddamn well kiss the man she liked. Her grip on his hand tightened a little more and then loosened, and she leaned in, rather abruptly kissing him.

She'd never kissed anyone before. At least not like this. Back when she was very young and it was still appropriate with parents, but that was a long time ago. He'd been the last person she'd kissed on the cheek, too. He was the first person other than family she'd done that to. And sleeping together (literally, not how people usually used the word!), that too. It was all firsts with 10k and it felt... right. They were in the middle of potentially hostile territory so it couldn't last long, provided he didn't promptly reject her and flee because she'd made a terrible mistake, anyway.

In the car behind them, Addy reached for wheel like she was going to honk at them as she got out. Doc stopped her with a grin, assuming the woman was joking; actually using the horn was dangerous, after all.

"Thank you... and..." she leaned in and pressed her lips to his, and for a moment 10k's eyes widened as he tried to figure out what she was doing. The kiss was quick, almost as fast as a slap and just as striking. His eyes were saucers and his lips tingled from something that he wasn't quite sure had happened.

He blinked and then smiled as his cheeks grew warmer. "Uhm... you're welcome?" It was hard to look her in the eyes. For some reason he felt extremely shy around her all of a sudden. Something had changed.

Vasquez tapped on the side of the truck and called out. "Hey! We gotta check out the pharmacy." He indicated himself and 10k. "Let's move fast; the town's quiet but that usually doesn't last."

"Oh." He didn't want to let go of June's hand. 10k looked at her, then back at Vasquez. When he caught a glimpse of Roberta's glare he finally released the hand. "Okay." He didn't know how to react to June's affection, so he gathered up his rifle and pack and slid off the truck bed. He gave her one more glance as he followed their second-in-command, and raised a hand to hip level to wave once before turning away.

Doc saw the way the entire thing panned out, and as the father figure in the group he felt like stepping in and taking away some of the awkwardness. "Hey Junie! Addy and I are gonna scout the cars for good stuff. Want to come with?"

Addy glared at him and whispered "We are?"

He elbowed her and waited for June. Out of the side of his mouth he answered "Yes, now be nice and give the kid a break, okay?"

It wasn't quite the kind of acceptance she was looking for. It wasn't a rejection by any means though, June could tell that much. He was still holding her hand, and he waved at her as he walked away. But... there hadn't been the kind of response she wanted, maybe? No real acknowledgement of the gesture she'd just made, and it had taken a lot of courage gathering. But nothing got said, there was no returned gesture that was anything more than what they'd been exchanging before, and she was left to watch him head into the pharmacy, looking a little uncomfortable and a tiny bit disappointed.

Doc speaking to her was a welcome distraction, and the redhead looked up. "Yeah, sure!" Addy's disinterest was sort of obvious, and as was perhaps normal for June, she suggested "maybe you and I could, and Addy could stick around here? It seems like a bad idea to leave Murphy alone..." Addy seemed to consider it, but shook her head. "I'll just stick close." She couldn't take every out June gave her, it'd make her look bad. The redhead nodded and adjusted her bag, carefully drawing the machete that she'd taken off of her father's body. It felt odd in her hand, but it was better than her knife. Bigger, stronger, better reach.

The first few cars were empty, unlocked and clearly abandoned. June found one with a body still inside though, which was promising when it came to supplies. Even more promising when the body turned out to be a... - well not 'living' - zombie, that clawed at the inside of the window and bared it's teeth at her, aged and rotted. The car door was locked, and June sighed and tugged her sleeve over her hand before gripping the blade again.

The sound of glass shattering caught Doc's attention, along with the tell-tale noise that came with a zombie. "Hey, Junie, what--" the window was broken and the zombie was taken out, and the young woman was reaching in to unlock the car door. "It's okay," she chirped, "sorry, I should have warned you. No need to worry 'bout me, scavenging is what I do." A moment passed, and then, "...can you help me get this guy out? I thought I saw something under the seat." The scruffy man nodded and moved to help her drag the body out of the car, laying it down so that June could reach down under the seat, nose wrinkling at the smell. "I can't get it. I'll have to try from the back seat. You wanna check the trunk?" She handed over the keys and Doc popped the trunk, surprise crossing his face and letting out a "found something" at about the same time that June went "hey hey!" and produced a can of orange soda. It would be long flat, but it was still a treat. Doc grinned, and held up a recurve bow, his find trumping hers. "Look at this! There's a case in here with arrows, too. You think 10k knows how to use one of these?"
"I do. I mean... I know how to use it." Closing the door, she walked to where he was, taking the bow from his hands before he could protest. "I learned as a kid. I tried to start an archery club, but it was hard to organize after school activities in a tiny farming town. It's... been a while, but I think I can still do it." Taking the case in a continuation of her slightly surprising bout of confidence, she smiled at Doc. "We should keep looking for more stuff." Without 10k there, that awkwardness of the teenage crush was gone, and she could focus a little better on what she was doing. Finding supplies was something she was good at, and she felt comfortable with it.

Meanwhile, in the dark store, Vasquez moved with an almost suspicious stealth, feet silent on the dirty floor. He didn't hear anything, and he didn't see anything, but that didn't mean it wasn't there. He did feel confident in the lack of danger enough to speak softly, to inform 10k, "you might have messed that up." He didn't have to specify to really indicate what it was. "Unless you intended to leave her hanging and unsure." There was no judgement in his tone. Whatever the kids wanted to do was none of his business and he didn't care, as long as it didn't get in the way of the mission.

((Didn't want to put EVERYTHING in one post, so June can keep her confidence for a tiny bit. Even demonstrate her skill when she gets doubted. Which, while it's not yet a confidence that sticks around, will help her gain it in the long run))

He had no idea what the kiss meant. Was that something that public school kids did ? It had been a while since he'd felt the chasm that sometime separated him from the 'other, more normal' kids, and as he followed Vasquez he lifted two fingers to his lips to touch them, as if that would somehow help him to understand June's gesture. Was she just being nice to him or did this mean that she 'liked' liked him? He felt awkward and gangly, and as he peered across the sun-bleached scenery his squinting was just as much a sign of his confusion as it was of the bright day.

The pharmacy was small one, probably still run by a family and not some chain. One door had been smashed in long ago, evidence of people's attempt to survive in the crazy after-ness of the Z plague. The glass crunched under their boots as the two walked into the darkness. There were empty containers on the floor and a desiccated body that had been given mercy long enough for the flesh to dry and stretch tightly across the bones. There was surprisingly little left, but Vasquez wanted them to look for anything that might be helpful. He came across a box of Tampax and shoved it and a bottle of peroxide into a small duffle bag. As he mentioned to 10k that the kid might have messed it up with June he continued to scan for more supplies.

10k swallowed but his throat was dry. It hurt. "I... I don't know how I'm supposed to..." He paused and rummaged through a shelf until he found some baby wipes. Those went in Vasquez's bag too. "That's the first..."

The ex-DEA agent stopped and narrowed his eyes at the sharpshooter. "What? The first?" He grinned. "Are you saying she was your first kiss? Just now?"

He opened his mouth but didn't know what to say. The redness under his eyes probably said it all.

Vasquez shook his head and stepped nearer. "That girl likes you. A lot. She just lost her family and she's surviving with a bunch of people who are practically strangers to her. She LIKEs you, 10k. She needs to know if you like her back. Don't go fucking with her if you don't feel something. It's not fair to her and it makes you a fucking bastard if you do."

"I do like her." He pressed his lips together. "I just don't know what to do."

"Shit." He grinned for the first time that day. "You're such a noob. Let's finish up. I'll give you a few pointers." They went through the other isles as carefully as the first, taking anything, even cotton balls and eye drops, that they could find. With the group's ingenuity there wasn't a lot of things that would go to waste. In addition to pharmaceuticals they found a few cans of food and a couple of water bottles and soda cans that had rolled under the shelves. All in all it was a good find.

As they exited the back of the pharmacy they heard the glass breaking on the car. 10k flinched, then glanced back towards the direction they had left the truck. "Don't worry about them; we have a few more stores to check out. Besides, Roberta is with them." He nodded to their right, and soon they were checking through the other few stores in the little town.

Roberta trotted up to the little group as they gleaned through the cars. "Hey, what was that sound?" She saw the glass and the bow in June's hand.

"Found her a bow," Doc said as if that excused the noise.

"Yeah but you know that Zs are drawn by sound." She put her hands on her hips, her expression disapproving as far as the noise went, but discerning the girl and her weapon. "You know how to use that?"

As if on cue, two Zs shambled around the corner of the corner gas station and began to move towards them. "Let's see how you do." She raised her rifle. "I won't shoot unless you need me to."

"Sorry." Oh no. Was she in trouble? "I just... the car was locked. Locked cars with zombies inside them haven't been looted, which means the chance of supplies is a lot higher." Had it been anybody else but Roberta, June probably would have managed to keep up her confidence. But Roberta was their leader, and if she was talking to her, it probably meant she'd done something wrong. "You wouldn't need to shoot anyway," she pointed out, and then her eyes dropped down to the pavement like she was afraid she was about to get chided. "I mean it's two... that's a waste of bullets, right? If I miss, I'll... I'll go handle it myself. Won't be a problem." Zombies weren't that bad when they weren't her parents. Especially if she could see them ahead of time.

Shifting her weight and avoiding the gaze of everyone who was there, she opened the box and took out arrows. It was strange to have to hold one while setting up the other, but she didn't want to set it down and have to bend over to pick it up, that would waste too much time. She had strung the bow back up as soon as she got it, and now could just focus on this. Muscles, remembering the movements but no longer used to it, protested a tiny bit as she drew it back. She took aim and let loose, reminding herself that if she thought too much, she'd second guess herself. The arrow flew, very much in the direction she wanted it to, and buried itself in one zombie's forehead, above the eye. June was a little bit slower than she wanted to be with aiming up the next one, but she was also more nervous now. If she'd been any more to the left, it wouldn't have taken it down. And if she didn't do this, what was she going to be good for? The second zombie was still stumbling in their direction and she took her time, lining up and letting go. That arrow did what it was supposed to as well, and she lowered her bow after the zombie hit the ground.

The redhead shot Roberta what seemed like a triumphant look, almost challenging her to say something negative about it. "I'll be faster when I've had more practice. Haven't used one since before the apocalypse. And I can make my own arrows, it's silent, and I like it. And I... I can reuse the arrows, I should go get those ones if they're not broken." She was wilting again, having realized she'd maybe been out of place with that look, and scampered off to get the arrows.

She jogged back, arrows in her hand, once she'd pried them out of the skulls. "If... if it's okay, I thought maybe I could find a sports store, look for a quiver? Or a fabric store, so I can make my own. I can go with 10k when he and Vasquez come back..." she shifted a little uncomfortably. "Let him know when they come out of the store," Roberta said after a long pause, where June just stared awkwardly at the cement. The words made her perk up though, and she nodded and moved to go wait for the two men to emerge so she could take 10k off to find the things she hoped she could use.

And to talk things out, because she needed to know where they stood. Gripping the bow in her hands, she wondered if 10k liked orange soda.

"Resilient kid," Doc commented softly to Roberta. "When she said she could use it, I didn't expect that." He also hadn't expected the determined way she'd handled the car zombie, either. June was doing well for so soon after her large losses, and she seemed to be more capable than perhaps the group had given her credit for. She had skill when she wasn't just tucked away under 10k's arm, hiding from everything.

((If Vasquez doesn't give him the talk, I'll be happy to write Doc doing it. Doc's sex ed is probably the best. But a whole lot more comfortable than having Vasquez do it.
The idea of Vasquez giving a sex talk is hilarious because of how uncomfortable it'd be for everyone else.))

They found enough to make the stop worthwhile, but Vasquez's smirks at 10k's expense were not helping the sharpshooter feel any more comfortable with the situation with June. It was quite possible that she was just a huggy, kissy person, and that her quick peck in the truck really didn't 'mean' anything... but it was also possible that it meant everything. He'd seen Cassandra die to him when she was changed and he had seen a few others he was interested in either die or leave; it was frightening to think of June in the same group of women. What if she died or left? What if he was destined to have anyone he favored leave him one way or the other?

When the men emerged from the last shop Vasquez elbowed him. "There she is. Find an excuse to say something nice to her." He hefted the pack over one shoulder. "I'm going to go talk to Roberta." He gave one last smirk before walking away, but his attempt to mask any emotions on his face wound up looking more like he was scowling at her than just walking by.

10k blinked several times at the prospect at being left 'alone' with June again. He managed a nervous smile as his eyes darted over her and took note of her bow. "Wow... that's pretty cool. Can you use it?" He'd handled a few but he was partial to firearms; still - it looked good on her and it could be a useful tool. "You look relaxed with that bow in your hands." He paused as they came face-to-face. "So uhm... hi."

((Apologies for the slow and small post.))

Oh, Vasquez was scowling at her again. June glanced at him and then away, almost looking apologetic. There was no reason for her to be apologetic, but she felt like she should be. Why else would he be scowling at her, right? He must have thought she'd done something wrong or she wasn't pulling her weight.

When 10k approached her, the redhead's face lit up. It was predictable at this point, it always happened. Seeing him after they had separated just made everything better. Things were a tiny bit more okay when he was there. Still, things were awkward. What was going on between them? He still hadn't... said anything. Or done anything, was she just supposed to pretend she hadn't kissed him? She could do that, sort of. June could try her best. "Doc found it! And yeah, I can. I'm still a little bit slow," same thing she'd told Roberta, "but I'll get back to being better."

He said she looked relaxed, and her cheeks heat up a little bit. "I... no. Not because of the bow. Well, maybe a little." She always felt better when he was there, but she wasn't sure she should say it. If he was ignoring the whole thing that had happened, saying that wouldn't help. "Hi." What was she supposed to say? She couldn't demand some kind of talk, but June felt stuck, unable to just move on to the next topic, that was asking him to go check out a few stores with her.

So she just stared at him for a few seconds, blue eyes searching his for some kind of answer to the question bubbling up inside her chest. Then she glanced down at her bag, reaching inside to produce the slightly dirty, bright orange can. "Do you... like orange soda? I found it searching a car and since we have water it was okay to take for myself, and I thought maybe you'd want it." She'd initially thought they could share it, but now June was questioning everything that came to mind.

Back
Top Bottom