Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Crossbows and Moonshine (Dragonfoot455 and Travler)

Alyissa was in full gear and slammed the engine to heel after Daryl on the road. The familiar feeling of her stomach drop as the wind whipped at her clothing and hair was liberating. For a fleeting moment the world had returned to normal but was quickly torn apart at the groan of a walker smeared on the road under a car. Aly sighed and pulled on the clutch to ride next to Daryl then pulled forward ahead of him. This is what she had missed most, not Companionship or humanity. Just the rush of adrenaline and roaring of a engine between her legs.

Alyissa almost seemed eager to ride next to Daryl. He might be a pompous ass but he was the only person who had seemed to want her to stick around. Not that he said it but Aly wanted to prove herself worthy of his trust. Others of his group seemed not so sure.

Their engines roared in perfect synchronicity, and soon they were miles from Alexandria. Occasionally a Walker would wander into the road but Daryl passed by them much as one might pass an errant pug who had escaped its yard. At this point they were nuisances, nothing more. He grinned into the wind and rolled the throttle back. It was both a challenge to Alyissa to keep up and a nod of understanding to her need to get out on two wheels and forget, for a few hours, that they were living in a world that would never again be normal.

He enjoyed it when she pulled ahead, or dropped back, and it felt like they were beginning to get a cadence to their ride. He pointed towards an old convenience store off the road. It still had running water and a working air pump. The place ran on solar, which had been a good find that he and Aaron had stumbled upon a few weeks back. Daryl leaned into the turn and countersteered, his motorcycle changing directions as smoothly as a manta ray, and pulled around to the back of the lot where they were less likely to be spotted if any strangers passed by.

"What do you think?" He asked her once the engine noise died down. "She running okay for you so far?"

Alyissa turned with ease after him and let the engine die down before answering his question. "She's running smoothly, no problems so far. Why did we stop here?" she asked while wiping sweat off of her forehead from the heat blasting down on her. Her shirt clung to her from the heat and from being whipped from the wind. "Are we doing a supply run or did your Sheriff friend want you to bring me out here. I told you I'm not here to kill anyone" she said with a tilt of her head to the Solar powered building.

She didn't want to come off as paranoid and as much she had enjoyed the ride with Daryl. Aly couldn't help but feel a little curious of why they stopped. Alyissa stared hard into him, trying to determine his intentions. Unless they had stopped to search for Fuel then in that case. She would have felt pretty stupid about overthinking about the situation.

Daryl smirked at her. He swung his leg over the seat to dismount and ran a hand through his hair. "I didn't bring you out here to execute you, if that's what you're worried about." He pulled the shirt away from his body at his chest, airing out his skin in the heat of Georgia's summer. It was hot and sticky, and the one thing that the apocalypse didn't do was get rid of the bugs. They seemed to find them as delicious as they did before the crap hit the fan. If anything, the bugs were worse. "We stopped here because they have water and air." He nodded towards his back tire. "Felt sluggish."

He walked to the back wall of the station where the water and air hoses hung. There he took up the green garden hose and began to twist the faucet until a cool, clear stream of water rewarded his efforts. He ran the water over his head and then drank from the hose once it cooled down before offering it to Alyissa. "You know, you don't have to keep worrying that we're going to be looking for reasons to boot you out. Unless you give us a reason not to trust you there's no reason for us to believe that you're going to be a problem."

He waited for her to get her fill before shutting off the water. "The air's damn loud. Keep an eye out for Walkers, will you? I'll check yours too." With that he pulled out the air hose and turned it on, and a loud banging noise accompanied the pressure as he topped off his back tire.

Alyissa followed him to the back where she found him soaking his head. Normally she would have laughed at the innuendo of the insult "go soak your head" but Alyissa took the hose from him and drenched the back of her neck, not even really caring that it soaked the front of her chest. It was too hot to be concerned about petty modesty in front of Daryl. "No need to ask me twice" she scoffed playfully then leaned against the solid building,doing as she was told. Even in this heat, the Walkers must have been decomposing tenfold then they were already out in the open air. If any did stray in their direction. You'd smell them before they came into sight.

Daryl seemed like a cool cat behind the rough and tough exterior. He had shown her mutual trust that she wouldn't attack anyone without good reason. Depending on the definition on the matter at hand. Alyissa took a liking to the Redneck on how his feral attitude matched hers.

"So you friendly with any females in your group or you like being a lone wolf?" Aly asked in a flat tone as if it came up in their silent exchange of side glances at one another.

“What?” Daryl raised his head and stared at her though the rivets of water that flowed down his face. He glanced over her wet shirt and saw that it revealed the swell of her breasts and the dark perk of her nipples under her shirt. It was not a bad vision. In truth, it was rather welcome.

“You mean, am I ‘friendly’ with any of the girls in the group, or do I sleep with them?” He smirked at her as he brought a blade of grass to his lips and nibbled on the end. “Why – you want to apply for the position?” His grin widened as he watched her expression. He hadn't had this much fun fucking with someone since he and Carole were goofing off together, but that wasn't going to go anywhere. She saw him as her kid brother; nothing romantic was ever going to happen there. Besides, they had gone through too much shit together to ever get past the losses they had both suffered.

He dropped the blade of grass and spit into the dirt before reaching down to twist off the water. “Life gets complicated too quick." He ran a hand through his hair and worked out most of the water, then rubbed his hand across his face. "What do you want from me, Alyissa? You can keep the bike without having to pay for it in bed. We don’t do things like that here, so if you’re wondering if there’s some kind of tit for tat the answer’s no. There are no strings attached to that bike. You can have it - just because."

"I didn't say anything about sleeping around, just curious if you have been fooling around with anyone thay I should be wary about is all" she dismissed his taunting about sleeping around for the bike. If she had peaked his interest, Aly didn't see why she couldn't tease hin a bit. "I might be interested, hard to find any man I become curious about. Unless you want me to drop it I can do that too" Alyissa shrugged "I'm not suggesting we bang or nothin. I appreciate the bike and you sticking up for me is all" the said with a snort then taking a swig of the Whiskey in her flask.

Daryl didn't need to know her sexual attraction to him without feeling like a fool infront of him and did her best to cover it up with shrugs. Side glances with sexual tension could be felt in Alyissa's perspective but wasn't completely sure of what his thoughts were on the topic.

"Yeah, well, you're welcome then." He pulled on the air hose and brought it around to his back wheel. "Push the button for me, will you?" As the pump ground into it's loud staccato he filled up the back tire, then checked the front. He did the same for Alyissa's before letting the hose self-wind into its holder.

He glanced over at her to see if she was ready to hit the road again. He preferred this; the easy quiet of companions on a shared mission, compared to the nervous chatter of strangers. She seemed to understand him more than most. Whether it was their similar interest in bikes or her time alone was anyone's guess, but he liked simply being around her. Now that she had gotten the 'do I have to fuck you?' question out in the open it was better too. Or maybe he had been the one to get it out in the open... it was hard to tell. But with some of the girls it seemed to come up, and with others it was a non-issue.

Strange, it had never come up with Aaron, but he had already paired up, so maybe it was like Maggie and Glen, or Rick and - shit, what was his wife's name again? - Daryl had forgotten. It hadn't been that long ago, but in some ways it was a lifetime.

He straddled his bike and toed it into first before starting the engine. Soon they'd be on the road again, with no particular mission at hand. It was almost like having a day off in the land of insanity that had become their lives.

Alyissa switched to second gear then once she eased onto the clutch and. followed Daryl then put it into second gear. Aly was glad that she and Daryl got the awkward question out into the open. Now it was just them on the open road to who the hell knows. First she thought Daryl and Aaron might be a thing then Rick and Daryl turned out he was a lone Wolf like she thought. As feral as he was, Alyissa knew that he was different out of the community..much like her. Rick seemed interested in Jesse then Michonne with Rick. Things seemed so out of order then what she was used too. Alexandria had no exposure to what lay beyond the walls of their safe haven. Frankly it frightened her how tension was thick between the two groups.

Back
Top Bottom