Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Feral Struggle (Zprimal & Kiandra_Black)

"True, but sometimes, the younger years are the building blocks of an adult life." She responded as she grinned at him. After he asked her about her life, she watched his hand as he reached up to touch her damp hair.

It made her smile, and leaned closer to him as she started to answer, "I had a really happy childhood. I have an older brother and a younger sister, and we were always playing together. I don't think I realized what we were up against until we were attacked one night. My sister still bears the scars across her back. Anyways, we kind of grew up quick after that night, and I had a bit of a rebellious streak for a while there. I straightened out though, and I'm a bit calmer now, than when I was a teenager."
She paused for a moment to think about her interests before speaking up again, "I love playing poker with my family, and quiet nights spent next to the fireplace. I love dancing and music, and my sister says I have a great voice, although I don't truly believe her..." She trailed off to laugh at that, before asking, "What about you? What do you like to do for fun?"

"Now? I read about history and science, though a bit of fiction won't go wrong there. I also enjoy music, mainly playing a piano. When I was much much younger I used to enjoy playing pranks, most of which I got caught and got punished for it. It's funny, now that I think of it. Then in my teenage years I mingled more with others from my pack and was less of a trouble maker." He smiled to himself as she leaned into him. "Dancing and music huh? I'm guessing you sing, perhaps we can find out whether your sister is right or wrong when the time is right." He stroked her hair, his fingers combing through her hair, allowing it to dry better.

"Dancing eh? Is it one of those ballad classes or perhaps... another kind of dance?" He tilted his head to the side, impressed that things were going so well between them up to now.

She laughed as he spoke about the pranks, finding it hilarious that her father had found someone so much like her in that regard. She also loved pranks, and although he seemed to have grown out of it, she still got into some pretty fun pranking wars with her friends.

"Both. Mama taught my sister and I how to dance Ballet, Father showed us how to dance the classics, and then Eric, my brother's best friend showed us how to club dance." She said, a grin on her face as he began combing his fingers through her hair. Every little shift brought her closer to him, until they were sitting side-by-side, her knee pressed against his thigh lightly.

"Do you have any siblings?" She asked, curious about his home life, and his family. Of course she was curious, they would soon be her family as well, just like hers would become his. At least she knew her father approved of Colin, and so that would help pave the way into her family.

He stroked her hair one last time before resting it on her thigh. "Oh, that is interesting," He nods taking note for himself. His hand stroked her thigh, almost idly as he listened to her next question, "Siblings, no. I am the only child. It is just me and my father now." He patted her knee before returning to stroking her hair, pulling her closer to him, their legs now flush together as he allowed her to continue leaning into him.

"So what do you think of your father's arrangement?" He asked, his tone casual. He inhaled more of her scent, his hand resting over her shoulder now, her hair having mostly dried from the heat of the flames.

She leaned against him and relaxed, his scent soothing to her. Her scent mixed with his, the original rainy pine forest that was her natural scent mixing with his.

"I think this is going to work out. Obviously, we're a good match. My parents know me well enough, and dad would never find a match for me who would beat me or demean me. I... I think we are going to be just fine... What about you? What do you think about it?" She asked, as she twirled a piece of hair around her finger. She was a bit nervous about hearing his response to that question.

"I think there is some merit in having an arranged marriage. And I know we are going to form a good pair. Just look at us now." He chuckled, his hand pulling her closer. He inhaled her heady scent, "Where will you go after this, back home or will you be staying here?" He left her to walk towards the opposite wall where the wine cabinet was. The button depressed with a hiss and the pneumatic locks disengaged, the panels sliding open, revealing several decanters and wine glasses.

He poured a glass of port for each of them before replacing the decanter and shutting the cabinet. He handed her a glass, "It should warm you up a bit and maybe keep you until dinner is ready." He sat down beside her, sipping the drink, allowing the flavor to saturate in his mouth before swallowing.

"I'll probably head back with my father, I have to pack and stuff. But if anything, it'll make the wedding that much better..." She winked at him teasingly.
"All that crap about absence making the heart grow fonder... Plus I know my girls will want to throw a party for me. You'll probably want to get with your friends, so it'll be perfect..."

She took the glass he handed to her, and she smiled up at him as she took a sip. She sniffed it, and relaxed into the cushions after that first sip. He was right, it would help calm her stomach.

After a couple more minutes, the two heard the distinctive sound of his father's voice, yelling up at them that dinner was ready. She took the last sip of port, and stood, smiling at Colin while saying, "I'm starving."

They walked down, and she smiled at her father's questioning gaze, as if he was trying to figure out if she was okay with this. She sent him a nod, and then looked at Colin to see where she was going to sit.

"And the next time we see each other..." He trailed off knowingly.

Dinner was served on a circular table, large enough for at least ten to sit. Beef, lamb, chicken and fish were served, along with coarsely mashed potatoes. Colin pulled out a chair for her to sit, knowing that her father could very well be watching. Just for appearances, even though he knew it was a meaningless exercise for an alpha to do such an act for an omega. He sat down beside her, eyeing the food while waiting for everyone to be seated.

"No need to be wait, help yourselves." Amadeus said, gesturing for them to go ahead as he took his seat after arriving slightly later.

Celine grinned and winked at Colin as she sat down in the chair he had pulled out for her. Her father huffed and then the two exchanged smiles. Her father was overjoyed that she seemed to be doing well, and turned his attention back to the food. Celine's eyes lit up happily at the thought that she would be eating soon, and she bit her lower lip as she tried to decide what she wanted to try first.

It was an old habit of hers, biting her lower lip as she thought, one that her mother was always scolding her for as it sometimes left her lips chapped. Either way, her mother wasn't very successful, and she continued to do it down to this day. Her nose twitched as she scented the food, and her mouth slightly watered, as she took in a breath of the lamb.
'Oh My God, that smells so good... Not nearly as good as our mate...' She blushed as that thought crossed her mind, and she looked over at Colin from under her eyelashes, wondering if he had seen it. Thankfully, she couldn't smell her arousal, and she wished that it was next week already.

"From my understanding, the full moon would be this weekend. I was thinking that perhaps it would be best if she returns here to become more accustomed to living with us if possible." Colin took the meats, they smelled great, as expected. Celine's reaction had not gone unnoticed, just that he thought it would be inappropriate to act otherwise. He took his time slicing the meat and fed himself. It was not long before he got thirsty from the seasoning of the food. He got up, picking up the jug of water and filled a glass for each of them.

Sitting down, he returned to his meal, keeping an ear out for word on the Wendigos or Celine. Obviously their fathers had some sort of agreement not to speak further of the Wendigos before them, so he ended up hearing more on the environment Celine was raised in, what kind of family she was brought up and how she was like when she was younger. Turning to Celine, he asked privately, "Enjoying the meal so far?"

Celine smiled at Colin as he poured her a glass of water. She thanked him quietly, before trying to shush her father who had begun an old embarrassing tale of hers from when she was a child.
"Papa! Come on, I'm sure they don't want to hear that story!!!" He grinned at his daughter and then winked at her, before continuing with it, which had something to do with a five-year-old Celine raiding her mother's closet and coming out in her lingerie. Her pack loved that story, and she had to shake her head at the laughter rebounding around the table.

She was glad when Colin interrupted her train of thought and asked her if she was enjoying her meal so far.
"Yes, it's delicious. Do you know how to cook?"

He smiled, raising an eyebrow at the tale. It was amusing, he thought. "That was funny, who knew you'd be so adventurous at such a young age." Colin smiled hoping to hear more. "Tell us more, if it wouldn't be too embarrassing for Celine here." He looked back at her, grinning.

"As a matter of fact I do. I think it is important for us as weres to know how to properly cook our meat, especially so since we prefer them cooked." He continued eating, taking each of the dishes for his tasting. "I can teach you how to cook if you'd like." He smirked. Not many people expected for him to know how to cook, but it was a invaluable skill which made him more independent. "Perhaps when you return, and when we are alone."

Celine smiled at that and shook her head as she laughed. Her father regaled them with another tale, this one about her and her siblings coming to the house covered in mud and sticks and trying to scare their mother. Their father had nearly tanned their hides for that mess, and all three had found that a regular bath didn't take the scent of the mud they used off them.

Celine gave Colin a pointed look, as if to say, 'Really? You don't think I know how to cook?' before answering, "I would love to cook with you, but you don't have to teach me. My mother did that just fine." A teasing lilt was to her voice as she smiled at him, and then she smirked as he finished his statement.
"I would especially like that... I feel as if we're being closely studied..." She said the last part in a whisper, meant for his ears only.

"It'll be good, I prefer to cook with someone else. I can't surprise myself with my own recipes." He smiled, "I guess that also means we have more variety, which is good." They continued eating until the plates were clean, with hearty talk, seemingly without consideration of the Wendigo problem. For a while, he had forgotten about it until Amadeus spoke once more.

"Hm, seems like we enjoyed dinner." He looked around, "We still have quite a bit to discuss, so I think we can leave you two to carry on where you left off prior to dinner? We may return much later than expected," He smiled knowingly. He got to his feet, gesturing for Celine's father to accompany him before leaving the room. Once out of earshot, he said, "I'm glad they are enjoying each other's presence such that Colin seems to have relaxed about the Wendigo problem. He was always trying to eavesdrop on conversations relating to that."

------

"Hm, shall we go as well?" Colin turned his head to Celine, getting to his feet. "Don't you worry, the caretakers on duty will take care of the plates." He placed an arm around her waist, leading her back to the room.

"As am I Amadeus. I think we chose right in this arrangement." He said as the two older men walked back towards Amadeus' study.

Celine followed Colin back up to his room, her eyes taking in the hallways and pictures adorning the wall. She smiled at a picture of a baby Colin, chewing on the ear of a soggy stuffed wolf.
"Aw, how adorable. How old were you?" She asked with a smile on her face as she wove her fingers through his and grabbed his hand with hers, showing him her acceptance to the marriage. She wholeheartedly agreed to it now, knowing her father had chosen wisely.

They reached the room they had been in before, and she took a seat next to him, yawning a bit as her full belly caused her to feel content, safe and warm.

"About two. I tended to chew anything which was soft." He chuckled. "I was the most manageable when I was that age, so I'm told. Of course I have matured now, that goes without saying." He gripped her hand, interlocking their fingers tightly as they sat. He leaned over her, "We are left with quite a bit of time to ourselves. I was thinking that we should have some practice before the weekend is here." He released her hand, resting an arm around her hip. His voice lowered, not intending to let her slip away.

He pulled her close, her middle pressed flush against him. "I don't think they would mind if we kept each other occupied." A thumb traced the hem of her blouse, his fingers pinching it and tugging it downwards.

Celine looked up at him, feeling much like the lamb about to be slaughtered, but she was a wolf, and she wasn't about to give him the upper hand. She grinned up at him, her canines a bit sharper than usual and then said, "I'm sure they won't, but my father does expect me to reach the wedding bed undefiled. Think you can keep me that way if we start anything right now?"

An eyebrow raised as she hugged him close, asking her question, and tilting her head as she waited for his response. She was still a virgin, and even if the two of them were engaged, she wasn't about to just give it up to him now. She wanted that piece of her to be a wedding gift, something only he could have.

"I can try. But there are no guarantees." He slid his hands under her shirt, holding her hips. "One thing could easily lead to another." He smiled, leaning over her, closer now. "I'm sure you'd have realised that by now, right?"

"But in the end, you'll choice of whether you'll let me do anything for today. If you refuse, then I guess we will go back to talking and drinking like before." He shifted back, releasing her waist and sitting upright, "I'll leave it to you," he grinned leaving her with the choice.

She narrowed her eyes at him playfully as he left the ball in her court. She finally smiled and nodded.

"Think of it this way, we'll be so ravenous for each other on our wedding night, it'll be amazing." She smirked at him, and then cuddled into side, snuggling into him, and then sighing.

Of course, her father had to interrupt by knocking on the door, and speaking through the wood, "Celine, it's time to head out. Your mother wants us home."
"Coming papa, give me a second."

Celine looked up at Colin, and sighed, not wanting to leave his side. She smiled at him, saying, "I'll see you at the full moon next week?" Her voice was soft as she slowly sat up and then stood up completely.

"Hm," He thought audibly as she said those words. "Fair enough. Though coming over to get used to life and helping around the house here would be good." He nods, rising to his feet to see them out to the front door. "Don't forget to bring your toothbrush too." He added, leading the way down the wooden steps, through the hall to the main door. It was drizzling now, a light one, but audible through the windows. In the hall, by the entrance, he found Janus standing, waiting for them.

Janus spoke not a word, as a beta and steward, he kept his silence. He nodded to him and led the two of them to the front door, opening it for the guests. The night air smelled of grass and rain, "Will see you soon, hopefully sooner." He adds as he held the door open until they were out of sight. That was a fast, I would have thought that the meeting would have gone on for longer. He would have to find a later date to learn more and sate his curiosity about the unknown creatures.

"I agree." Celine said, as they walked down towards the front door. As the door was opened, she took a deep breath, smelling the rain and sighing at the scent. She loved the refreshing smell that rain left behind, and tomorrow morning, the forest would smell amazing.

She got into her jeep, and followed her father's truck off the property. Her mind kept drifting back towards the male that she had just left behind.

A couple of days later, she loaded her luggage into the back of her Jeep, and giving her mom a kiss goodbye, she started the drive back to Colin's. She had called ahead, and was told she could come for the weekend, and so she had packed her bag, and drove over.

The days went past in a blur, Colin had found himself working both to find out more about the Wendigos and also waiting for Celine. With the weekend not too far, she called in that short span of time. He agreed, telling her she was welcome to come down for the weekend. He saved the file of notes he had gleaned about the Wendigos, having been forbidden to join the other members when he was to be mated with Celine so soon. He flicked the screen off and waiting, finishing the glass of wine before setting it aside.

It was not long before she arrived in the late afternoon, her presence highlighted to him by Janus, "Celine is in the living room. It'll be best not to keep the lady waiting."

He got to his feet from his desk, flipping through a file while auditing the pack's finances. He set the file to the side, walking past Janus. He continued downstairs, leaving the other man behind as he went down to meet her. "That was fast, no problems on the way here?" He asked, the weather conditions today were good, and the pack had gone out again for one last hunt for the Wendigos, leaving the house mostly empty, with the central hub of their operations free of people.

Celine knocked on the door, and was let in by Janus, who she smiled at as he allowed her entrance into the house. She had her duffel bag in hand, which he offered to take, and she passed it to him. She moved towards the photos of the family as Janus went to get her soon-to-be mate, and studied the pictures as she kept an ear out for him.

As he walked into the room, Celine smiled and turned to face him, shaking her head in answer. The drive over had been peaceful, and she told him as much before she approached him quietly.

She smiled at him, then took one of the first steps in the mating process, offering her neck submissively towards him.

He reached a hand out, stroking her cheek. His hand propped her chin up gently, staring down into her eyes. He caressed her cheek, feeling the heat of her skin before he released her. She was close to her heat, he could smell that much from the pheromones which she produced at an increasing rate each day to entice a potential mate to bond with her. He resisted the urge to take her then, "We should go somewhere more private and let you get used to the place before we confine ourselves to the bedroom for the full duration of our mating." He cocked his head to the side, brushing her hair out of her face before beckoning that she should follow him to his bedroom. Their bedroom. At least for the next week, until he had the other cabin furnished where they would hold a more permanent residence.

"How was the trip here, not too tiring I hope?" Their activities during the days ahead when her heat occurred would definitely require much energy on both their parts. "I'd much rather begin our bonding when you are in heat. I heard it will be much more enjoyable for the both of us." He climbed the steps, with her in step.

"No, not too tiring, although I helped patrol last night with my brother. So sleep was a far cry last night." She smiled, a slight blush on her cheeks as he casually mentioned her heat. She knew it was coming up, and remembered her first heat, trapped within her room, while most of the pack males were sent away for the duration of it. She had hated it, and hoped that it would be better, now that she would have a mate with her.

She followed him up to his bedroom, and she smiled and nodded at his back, not realizing he would not be able to see her agreement.
"I'll be staying with you, right?" She wasn't very good when she was alone in a new place, and she looked around as she walked the perimeter of the room, before she turned to him and smiled softly, tilting her head as she took him in. They were officially alone, in his room.

Back
Top Bottom