Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Reflections (Translucentfeathers & Church)

At the sound of Jax's agreement to the plan Jasyn couldn't help the small grin that the bit of warmth that flared through him resulted in. Jasyn easily purchased the few nonsensical items he had aqcuired during his meanderings through the aisles, nothing that needed special attention or care of refrigeration luckily. Once outside he took Jackson up on his offer to stow his bag in the trunk of the other man's vehicle before nodding for Jackson to follow him across the street.

The store was small but despite it's tiny interior held a large assortment of local wines and brews and s few other oddities and rare blends as promised. Jasyn began slipping through the aisles as he searched for the particular label he had suggested to the blond. It was odd, the difference in the chemistry and their dynamics during the day when alcohol and blatant lust wasn't fueling their interactions. It allowed Jasyn a chance to truly see and pick up on the slight subtleties in the other man that he may have otherwise missed. The way Jackson's voice lilted slightly, addressing awkwardness by asking blatant, safe zoned questions. The curiosity that seemed to over drive the original uncertainty once he began to set his focus on Jasyn rather than whatever nerves had been worrying him. "Nice to meet you, Jackson," the now brunet said with a smile, and it was nice because this time it felt like he was actually meeting him. "My name is-" shit. He had given Jax his actual name the night before last. "-Jesse. And for a few years now," he continued on, not willing to let the accidental slip of his name from their previously alcohol fused first encounter spoil this. It was so rare he actually used his true name, usually assigning standard looks a name that correlated with the few fake licences he carried so he could keep his stories straight and avoid detection.

He was about to ask Jackson if he was traveling for business when the sound of a cell phone chiming interrupted them and he busied himself glancing over a few nearby bottles. The muttered words that came next had Jasyn staring, eyes a bit wide as an eyebrow arched dangerously high. Leave it to him, someone who practically ghosted his way through life with fake identities to become infatuated with a federal agent. Shit. Jasyn's expression smoothed out to one of amused concern though when he saw Jax look almost horrified at the slip of his occupation as it seemed the other man began to mentally scold himself. It was almost amusing, how they both seemed so...shell shocked around each other and uncertain.

"So I suppose asking if you are here on business or what you do for a living wouldn't be well met?" He mused with a smile as he watched Jackson select two bottles of the wine Jasyn suggested. His smile grew cold though when he saw a glint of metal a small gold band around his left hand's ring finger that had his word eyes narrowing on the ring. The drama of an affair was dangerous for someone like him who tried to slip under the radar. "Should I ask about that or just crack a joke about you being married to your work?" It didn't come out nearly as accusatory as he had planned, the question falling a bit weak, a bit flat, as he glanced up, eyes searching Jackson's with a small frown creasing his brow. Damn, even if he had only wanted Jax for one night stands, he had hoped to leave things on a good note so he could remember their times together fondly.

Jax was glad that he had someone who knew his way around to guide him through the store. It was small but packed with all sorts of different brands that he'd never heard of before and he was enjoying it immensely but he'd be completely lost without someone to point him in the right direction. He had been eyeing a couple different bottles when he heard the man almost stutter when he was telling his name, chalking it up to nervousness and maybe he was debating on giving him his full name or a nickname or giving the other a choice like he had with Jasyn. The phone call made him forget what they'd been talking about previously, just thinking about the extra work that he was going to have to do even though he'd really rather not and it wasn't really even his job to be doing this. He was primarily cleaning up someone else's mess.

He laughed a little at the question about work and shrugged "you can ask anything you want but if I tell you I might have to kill you," he teased gently and shook his head. "I'm here for business but I decided to extend the trip by a couple days for a little vacation too" he told him and tried getting a better look at the man when he wasn't watching him. His casual clothes fit him well but it seemed everything about him was just trying to fly under the radar. There was nothing very exciting to look at but he wasn't unattractive either, he seemed not to be hiding exactly but trying to be so normal that no one would ever glance at him twice, which he supposed was the reason that he was so interested in him.

Suddenly the mood had flipped and he glanced down at his hand when it had been addressed "oh!" he exclaimed when he realized it, trying to laugh it off then. He was honestly surprised at the mans' reaction though, finding that he seemed to take it much more seriously and was more upset than he'd expected someone to be after they'd just met but maybe he was just old fashioned and wouldn't like flirting with someone who was already taken. "No, I wear it mostly because it makes it easier to work with women. They'll either keep to themselves and abstain from flirting with me or I can complain about my imaginary wife and they'll take pity and tell or give me anything I want" he said with a smirk though it turned a little sadder "I was married but my husband and son were killed in a hunting accident a few years ago."

He now felt a bit awkward, never knowing how to deal with these situations when they arose and deciding that just ignoring them was usually the easiest fix. "How about I get these and you can help me out with finishing them?" he asked with a smile as he led the man to the counter and purchased the few bottles that he'd decided on getting. He was cursing his luck at getting another man with a J- name, knowing that if he started drinking and didn't pay attention he was going to end up calling this guy Jasyn. He knew he could just say that was his husband's name unless he outright asked him what it was earlier and he didn't necessarily want to lie to him either. Shit, what was his name? James? Jay? John? Well, maybe he could just play it off later and he wouldn't have to worry about it or act like he just wasn't one to use people's names.

"I am sorry to hear that," Jasyn offered with a small incline of his head. He wouldn't offer platitudes, they would just come across as fake or insincere, especially from someone that had only just met the other. A hand reached out to smooth over the curve of Jackson's shoulder gently though as they made their way to the front of the store. The offer to buy the wine but assist in polishing them off pulled a laugh from the now brunet as he nodded in agreement. "That sounds easily like a plan I can get behind "

Jasyn left the store with the blond, taking another moment to eye him in that suit. He should stop, should claim he changed his mind and just collect his things and go home to bury his face in a tub of icecream before passing out on the couch in front of the television watching reruns. There was nothing safe about the way Jasyn's heart fluttered every time those blue eyes caught his, nothing was more ill-advised than to entangle himself with a person who worked within the FBI...but he found himself unable to just walk away. Instead he climbed into the passenger side of the car, glancing over at Jackson when the pale man joined him. He would blame this inability to cast the other man from his thoughts to his gorgeous looks or the fact that he was just one of those men who was an amazing fuck that you couldn't get out of your head.

With ease he leaned back against passenger seat, lips twisting into a smile. "So, your place? And do you mind if I ask why you decided to stick around here? This isn't exactly a vacation spot-or is this part of your," he wiggled his fingers, "whole, 'I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you' mysterious persona deal?" He asked, tipping his head to the side with an arch of his brow though the smile remained in place. "Because if it is I recant my question as getting killed and dumped three miles outside of town doesn't fit into my to-do list for the day." Wasting an afternoon drinking wine and fooling around with Jackson in that hotel room again, however, did.

The light pressure from the other's hand on his shoulder made him look down and he happened to catch the others warm eyes. He couldn't pinpoint what it was but there was something almost familiar about him and the way that he moved and carried himself but he couldn't say who he reminded him of. He was such a stark contrast to the way he'd felt with Jasyn. He wasn't quite sure that he'd ever felt so lust-driven as he had with him, like there was something magnetic about him that wouldn't let him escape. Even now, that dark hair and gorgeous sun-tanned skin was taking up all of his concentration on what was actually going on around him. This guy was sweet but he didn't feel a quarter of what he'd felt, not even sure if he'd want to have sex with him after they'd put down a bottle or two of wine.

He took a deep breath as he opened his car door and reassured himself that once he'd gotten something in him he'd forget about Jasyn and he'd be able to leave this place. Something inside of him told him he wouldn't be able to leave without hunting down the man and he really didn't want to have to use any federal resources to try and find him, that definitely wouldn't look good for either of them if someone higher up decided to look into his trip. "Yeah, we can go back to my place if you don't mind the only seating being a hotel bed" he stated before realizing that sounded very much like an invitation to bed. He supposed it sort of was but he'd still been on the fence about him though he knew the drinks would put him in a better mood.

He laughed a little "I wouldn't have to dump your body out of town, we could cover it up much easier than that" he teased though it was the complete truth. He smiled when the other asked why he'd stuck around and shrugged "I don't know, there was something very normal about this place and I knew that there wouldn't be a lot of tourists or anything that I'd have to worry about being in the way all the time" he smiled "I've always liked the idea of settling somewhere and staying put. I've moved around since I was a little kid and never had this sort of permanent living arrangements" he told the other. He'd never really talked to anyone about that before but it didn't feel strange to be talking about it with him. He glanced up at the hotel as they approached and led him upstairs, cursing aloud when he noticed that he'd left all of his weapons and everything out that he used when he went hunting. He turned in the doorway quickly, hoping that he'd not seen anything "do you mind waiting here and letting me tidy up a bit?"

Jasyn laughed a bit at the teasing and the sense of almost familiarity he felt with the man next to him. There was no intense lust driving their conversation, no push to simply drive towards the physical. It almost felt...relaxing and nice to have a chance to get to know Jax in a different light, though a small piece of him missed the hungry lingering gazes those blue eyes used to hold towards him, but he pushed that down deep, stifling it. The mention of wanting to settle down, of desiring to have a place of his own he felt a sharp pang as he remembered his days constantly running from town to town, avoiding hunters, the occasional possessive relationship with someone who found out his 'trick' and weren't willing to let someone go who could literally fullfill almost any fantasy they had in regards to the appearance of a partner. The second shoe always dropped when they they realized that Jasyn was just a normal person underneath it all, wasn't able to change his personality and mold himself entirely to match their every whim.

When they pulled up to the hotel, Jasyn let out a low whistle as if seeing it for the first time. "Nice digs," he hummed with a wink, almost chiding himself for the flirty move that reminisced too closely to the other night and his more direct approaches. Cool it, he coached as he grabbed the wine and followed Jackson up to his room. When the door opened to the room his smile fell, eyes widening slightly. There was an array weapons out, but not...not just guns. Jasyn knew that Jax had turned in the doorway, said something, but he walked inside of the room anyways, eyes wide as panic swept through him.

There were relics, symbols, stakes and bottles of holy water, items made of iron. Jasyn felt horror sink into him as his chest became tight. This man, he was a hunter. He felt the bottles fall from his hands, at least one shattering when it hit the floor as Jasyn stared in shock. In the panic he lost control, not noticing his hair had begun to bleed black, skin paling, eyes losing the warm brown coloring and fading to a silver, reflective shade. He turned glancing back at Jax when he noticed his reflection in the mirror near the door.

"Shit!" Jasyn fell back a step, in the stress of the moment switched back to green eyes, the black hair accenting his face and making him recognizable, having on impulse switched back to the face he was most comfortable in while in front of Jax. It was the wrong damn look. He struggled back to the brunet hair and less exotic appearance. He should have waited outside the door, he shouldn't have come into the room, he shouldn't have talked to Jackson or taken him up on this. And now here he stood, the only thing between a trained, deadly man who hunted down the supernatural and his weapons.

He frowned as he watched the man push past him and walk into the room, expecting some look of confusion at everything that had been laid out or even one of worry that he'd somehow ended up with a serial killer of some sort. No. The look on his face was worse. It was complete recognition and absolute horror and once he noticed the way his hair began darkening and his skin becoming more pale he knew why he'd looked like that. Jax was frozen to the spot when he suddenly recognized the other male, confusion clouding his own features before it turned into something more akin to anger. Something inside him snapped and yet he felt calmer than he had all day.

Jackson shut the door behind him and locked it, containing them both within the small room almost within arms reach of each other. He'd stilled his face into a look of neutrality though his eyes were still fire, the rage seeping out of them as well as the underlying current of pain that he was trying to cover up. His mind was racing and he didn't know what to do or what he even wanted to do. He knew what he usually did in these sorts of situations, he knew exactly which blade he'd grab and how much force it was going to take to separate Jasyn's head from his shoulders and yet he also couldn't move towards it.

It must have only been moments though it felt like hours before he spoke in a soft whisper "did you kill him or did you just lie to my face?" He needed to know if he was the same person he'd been with. He knew that he was but it would have just made it so much easier if he'd killed the man he'd unwillingly been thinking of since they'd parted. Seeing him now in front of him, it hurt more than he would admit to himself and knew it would just be so much easier to kill this thing in front of him if he'd known he'd done something horrible. "Are you stalking me?" he asked, a little more harsh than his previous question but another valid one.

He assumed that it was living and working alone. Most of it's kind did the same, they weren't good at attachments. It was just too easy to change your face and run away or try and start over. They couldn't face what they'd done with another face and decided they'd just changed their lives instead and make their own lives easier. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't end your miserable life right now," he practically growled through clenched teeth, sounding furious though he was just as angry with himself as he was with the thing in front of him and if he was being honest with himself he truly wanted a reason to let him go, wanted to have some way that he could feel better about not killing a monster he was so used to ending just because he'd been a good fuck.

Did you kill him or did you just lie to my face?

Jasyn felt sick at the question, realizing what Jax was inferring, his head spinning slightly as he struggled to regain control of himself, though the unadulterated hatred that was in the those once almost comforting blue eyes had him feeling unsettled. After a moment of focus he felt his features shift, eyes becoming bright green, skin sunkissed and tan, hair a bit more of a mop and jet black, all of it changing until he became the face the other man knew as Jasyn. He stared at his feet quietly for a moment before he felt the indignation rise within him at the assumptions of him being some sort of monster because he was born with abilities that baffled science and the modern world.

Those vibrant green eyes flashed silver for a moment, their natural color, as he fought back his own anger before meeting Jackson's glare with a tired and frustrated expression of his own. "If you remember correctly, it was you who sought me out, Hunter," he said bitterly. "Not I. I changed my face and everything to avoid chances of recognition, steered clear of the bars and simply went out for a damn box of poptarts and gallon of milk," Jasyn pointed out. "It was you who approached me, and flirted first, not the other way around. How the hell is it stalking if you instigated our encounter today?"

The harsh tone, the disbelief and no doubt probable shame the other man felt at having been 'sucked in' by the wiles of someone like him. Jasyn refused to be cast as the evil villain in this who was creeping in the shadows while Jax played an unknowing victim. "And a good reason not to end my...my miserable life?" He asked in sheer astonishment at Jackson's audacity, but then again that was the role of a hunter, wasn't it? Judge, jury and executioner, a glorified serial killer who specialized in the fine line of saving the public from things lurking in the darkness versus shooting anything remotely inhuman on sight.

Jasyn stalked over shoving the pale, blond roughly, jolting the man in his suit and tie, "I am not some creature who stalks innocent victims to exploit. Did I ever harm you? Did I ever take advantage of your hospitality that first night? You were a stranger and a loner and you looked like a man who was simply passing through that I thought could use the company as much as I could. I can't have relationships because bastards like you," he said, jabbing the other man's chest with an accusatory finger, "try to kill me if I linger long enough in one place to get caught. Not to mention the average human being once they find out what I can do? Turns into an utterly greedy jackass," he seethed. "Yet I am the monster, because I was born a certain way and had no choice in the hand I was dealt."

Jasyn felt so tired, years of anger and bitterness towards the life he was forced to lead spilling out in a giant rant as he simply purged every toxic feeling he had ever burdened himself with. Jasyn glared at the things on the bed, shoulders sinking. It wasn't fair the first connection he had made, a real connection, one where he had been tempted for the first time in years to test the boundaries of solidarity he had put into place to get to know this man all just shattered into a million pieces. Jackson was going to kill him, and if he didn't there was no way Jasyn could reasonably remain here, not without looking over his shoulder in fear that perhaps Jax tipped off someone else about the shapeshifter in this small, rustic town.

Jasyn felt exhausted, angry and utterly terrified. He turned back around, facing the hunter agin, though unable to look him in the eyes. "I didn't ask or choose to be this way," he muttered quietly. "No more than you asked to be born with your genetics. If you want to still kill me for doing nothing wrong but existing, then go ahead and try," he said, eyes rising to meet Jackson's, the sharp green still bright though his shoulders were slumped and his arms were curled, more than folded, around his chest. "I will not go down without a fight though." But deep down he loathed the idea of even trying to hurt the man across from him, and that thought alone scared him more than he was willing to admit.

Seeing the form before him shift into one that he knew so well after such a short period of time, the anger shifted and was replaced completely with pain at having him so close but feeling so betrayed from such a drastic thing being kept from him. There was a part of him screaming to just reach out and end him now, knowing that it was instinctual and entirely driven by fear of the unknown and his past experiences dealing with similar creatures who had been true monsters. "No one just runs into each other at the grocery store the day after a one night stand," he said defiantly "I don't even run into people I actually know at the grocery store." Now he sounded like a child just trying to keep an argument going and promptly pressed his lips together tightly.

Jax ground his teeth together as he was pushed backwards and accepted the man spitting venomously in his face and returning to a glare feeling the finger stab into his chest. None of what he was saying he could possibly hope to refute and it made all of this that much harder. He wanted to hate him. Nothing more would make his life easier than to just be able to label him a monster and rid him of his life and the thought of him from the face of the earth. But Jasyn was telling the truth, there had been nothing about him that would have given him any reason to doubt his character or his motives and it hurt like hell that they were even having this conversation. God knows he should have just kept his mouth shut and kept to himself instead of trying to talk to people.

Jackson didn't speak much after he'd heard Jasyn's piece. There wasn't much he could think of saying and nothing that would make this any easier. The terror he saw in the other certainly didn't help either, as his primary instinct was to do whatever he could to make it go away but he knew that he was the singular cause of his fear. The fact that Jasyn wouldn't meet his eyes made things slightly easier but it also infuriated him that he wouldn't look directly at him. "I don't want to fight you," he finally admitted softly after some time. "I couldn't stand to hurt you" came sometime later, surprising himself even with his honesty and sudden pacifism that had sprung out of nowhere.

Now his brain was pulling for straws. Maybe he was only feeling this way because he could emit some sort of chemical that would make him start falling for the other or not let him think about much else during his day. "So you've never hurt or killed anybody then?" he asked after a few moments. He was probably one of the worst hunters he'd ever known at this point. Actually trying to reason with the 'monster' and trying to find something human about him. Obviously he needed to find a better way to disconnect his heart and his brain, or just learn how to keep it in his pants so he never got into this specific issue again, not like he thought it was a fairly common thing.

Others like his kind would have attacked him on the spot and moved to rip out his throat but he couldn't help but think of Jasyn's mouth against his skin and feel a wave of heat roll through his body faster than the anger had flared through him only minutes before. At this point he wasn't even sure what he was planning on doing. He didn't want to fight him but sitting down and having a conversation about it sounded fairly strange to him as well. There was nothing more than he wanted to just forget about the fact that he was a shapeshifter and just spend time with him and never let him leave his sight again so that he could keep him to himself always but something like that was too farfetched and sounded more like a dream than reality. Jasyn was probably still playing him now and wasn't even telling the truth. It wouldn't have surprised him.

"It is a small town, and may I remind you, it was you who spoke to me and startled me from my shopping. I very nearly walked right past you without recognizing you in that suit," he said with a shake of his head and dismissive wave towards Jackson's professional business attire and groomed appearance. When Jasyn had finished speaking they stood in silence for some time before Jackson broke that silence with...with words that had Jasyn's chin snapping up, eyes widening at the follow up confession of not being able to harm him. It was a startling admittance, and he stared quietly, wondering just where they could go from here.

The next question had him pausing, teeth sinking into his bottom lip as he chewed it softly, glancing back down at the floor in uncertainty. "I...I have never taken someone's life, though I have hurt a few people," he said honestly before his sharp green eyes met Jackson's blue, unable to keep the truth from the other man. Jackson deserved honesty especially after the way he had confessed what he had. "It was never by my choice and I only ever did it in self defense or to protect those I care about. There were a few ex's who got a little too attached and a hunter who went after my mom and aunt who raised me."

Jasyn shifted quietly, eyes studying the pale face not far from him, trailing over those handsome features, that blond hair, the broad shoulders. Memories of holding onto the other man for dear life as he rode out the best orgasms of his life had him feeling a spike of arousal flaring through him and he shook his head, blowing a bit of air out between his lips as he tried to focus. He wanted to throw himself against Jackson and just kiss that focused fron from his face, to coax the wanting looks back out and just revel in feeling desired again. A hand smoothed over the back of his neck, rubbing slightly to ground himself. For all of his wants and desires, though? This man was dangerous.

"So where do we go from here?" He asked with a brief nod in Jackson's direction. He wanted everything that had just happened to be undone, to just be sitting on the bed sharing wine and conversing, to have fallen back against the bedding while closing the distance of the void in his life for another passion fueled night. His foot nudged the mess of broken glass and spilled wine from the shattered bottle. "I think the other bottle survived," he said with a wistful laugh while he tried to desperately to joke gently, to clear this air and reclaim what they had once had together.

His eyes were searching his face for lies. Catching on every little lilt of his voice for a break, something that would tell him that he wasn't speaking the truth and that it would make everything for him so much simpler, so much easier. All he needed was one reason to get this man out of his life for good, so that he could stop thinking about him and stop all these things that kept rising up in his throat whenever he caught a glimpse of the bright emerald of his eyes or the long expanse of his neck that kept bringing desires of kissing it and leaving marks along his sun kissed skin. He let a soft sigh fall from his lips, unknowing to if it was audible to the other in the tense setting they'd established so quickly.

The monsters he had dealt with before had been so different and he'd felt no remorse ending them. Regardless of their having sex a couple nights previous he could tell this one was different. There wasn't anything primal about him except for his desire to live and attempt to be happy, which any human was capable of. The question scared him immensely, and much more than he would have expected it to. He just didn't know. Where were they supposed to take this? He was supposed to be attacking him right now simply for what he was but there was no way that he could bring himself to do anything of the kind so here they were, staring each other down.

The anger was shortly replaced with another sort of fire. The one that pooled in his stomach that brought him almost directly back to where they had been before when the wine was addressed again on the ground. He glanced towards it and shrugged "well, you did agree to help me finish it" he reminded the man with half a smile, wondering if that would be a good enough answer to let him know how he felt. Nothing in his mind made sense. Half of his brain was screaming and the other half couldn't wait to have his hands all over the man again and make him scream out his name in pleasure. Well, if that didn't give him a clue then maybe this would.

He walked toward him slowly, trying not to appear menacing as he pushed the man into the wall and pressed his lips against his hungrily. His hands were grabbing at his ass and pulling him closer and he couldn't deny that he was utterly terrified at what he was feeling for this man before him. It had been so long since he'd felt anything like this and he knew that it would be dangerous but right now he simply didn't care. Jax pulled away from his lips but remained close to him, looking in his eyes and letting a thumb run across his cheekbones and just seeming to take him in as if he believed that he was going to change or disappear on him in an instant.

Moments later he was across the room with the bottle of wine in one hand and twisting a cork remover with the other, leaning against the small dresser as he pulled it out and handed the bottle to Jasyn. He cleared the bed of everything and threw it all into a bag, dragging it across the room and leaving it there. He threw off his glasses and removed his jacket and shoes before standing in front of the other again and taking the wine from him. He took a long pull before speaking again "what does your true form look like?" he asked softly, wondering if he would actually show him or if he would try to keep it a secret for now.

Jasyn watched as the hunter-no, his name is Jackson, he countered with himself mentally, struggling to fight internally. Jasyn watched as Jax seemed to contemplate what to do next, those sharp blue eyes half hidden behind the frames of the glasses he wore, the business suit, the well styled hair, the entire image looking cold and distant as the dark haired man looked for any sign of warmth or familiarity from the pale, blond. It was only a few moments when he got his response, the half smile that the other offered had him melting in relief. Jackson had approached him then, cautiously, almost the way you would if trying not to startle an animal and Jasyn resisted looking back at the weapons behind him. The way his back had hit the wall so roughly while the other man's hands grabbed at his ass had him recognizing he didn't need to worry. Those tempting lips pressed against his, coaxing a soft moan from him and Jasyn's hands coming up to tangle in the lapels of the suit coat, dragging Jackson in as close as he could. When the other man pulled back just enough to catch his gaze, Jasyn felt caught in the pull of those gorgeous eyes and he let his head rest back against the wall as he returned the gaze.

Never in a million years did he think he would be sharing wine and a bed with one of Jackson's profession, the near absurdity of it nearly tugging a nervous laugh from him and he was grateful when the wine was shoved at his hands, taking a long slow pull from the heavy bottle to calm his nerves. Jasyn sat on the corner edge of the bed, tugging his legs up and crossing them, leaning back on a single hand while the other tipped the bottle back for a second drink, longer than the first. The wine warmed him and he absolutely loved the locsl vineyard that produced it. Jasyn gave it up easily to Jax though once the other man had gotten more comfortable, handing it over to the man as he watched him take his first taste while leaning against the dresser.

He was so damn handsome, the polished federal agent, professionalism look had definitely been a turn on but this? The more laid back, just a touch disheveled and relaxed? That had Jasyn smiling, enjoying the other man's slight ease. The question had him dragged back into reality though, the sharp contrast of his thoughts and what Jackson was curious about clashed and left him a little unsure. "The facial features of this look and my other are similar. My nose is a bit more narrow, ears a little bigger and lips a bit fuller," he supplied with a shrug. "As for coloring? I'm a lot more...plain."

It seemed to be a curse of his kind, or the few he had met at least. You were able to make yourself exotic, breath taking even, shifting your bone structure, skin tone and hair color as easily as someone else could change an outfit. At the end of the day, though, you were still you underneath it all. And most others he met had the plain, almost blank canvas look. It was so ordinary, and he almost hated it. "Trust me, not a face that would stand out in a crowd."

The relief that flooded his body at Jasyn's reciprocation was more than he'd truly expected. He hadn't realized how scared he'd been that he wouldn't respond to him or that he wouldn't want to have anything to do with him after this. Feeling the hands pulling him closer sent a wave of pleasure down his spine that felt amazing paired with the soft moan that he'd managed to pull from him as well. Jax watched the other take a couple gulps from the bottle, just watching the way his lips wrapped around the bottle and his throat as the liquid went down his throat. He was glad a bottle managed to make it through the drop, unsure if they'd have made it this far otherwise, although he was sure a lot of it had to do with Jasyn's lighthearted comment.

He'd taken the bottle back and took a few long sips from it as he heard him speak, eyes on his face and taking in all his little features, trying to imagine them the way that the other was describing them and how it would make him look different. "Okay, I'd like to see sometime if you'd let me" he told him softly and moved onto the bed as well. He was interested in seeing what he really looked like. He'd only seen a couple before and that had been on accident and they'd changed as soon as they'd noticed his presence. He couldn't believe the drastic change in the atmosphere between them from just a few minutes ago. Everything felt completely different and even though it had been so tense he didn't feel scared or worried except for how he was feeling about Jasyn.

Jax hit a button on the remote for the tv to come on as he crawled on the bed closer to the other, leaning towards him and kissing his neck softly, placing the bottle back into his hands. "That's a good one, you'll have to take me back and I'll get a few more now that I know you have good tastes" he teased gently, trying to pull the topic away from his looks, feeling as if it was something he maybe didn't want to talk about right then. He noticed that he still had on his wedding band and smirked a little at the thought of his reaction earlier in the store when he'd seen it "were you jealous when you thought I was married?" he asked with a broad smile on his face "or did you just think I was just looking for an affair?"

There wasn't much for his hands to do, wanting to just relax with him for a while but he didn't know what to do with himself to keep himself from trying to undress Jasyn or just run his hands along every inch of his body that he could reach, just letting his fingers explore however they wanted. "Are you going to hang around for a little while then?" he asked after some time, having already been distracted by the television for a little while and then running a hand through his hair and undoing his tie a little. He didn't want to ask if he was just going to stay for a fuck and then be on his way again. That wasn't why he wanted him here, for some reason he just wanted to be around him, like it wouldn't matter what they were doing but he didn't want for Jasyn to leave him again so soon like he had before, but he couldn't bring himself to ask the more direct question that he might not like the answer to.

Jasyn raised an eyebrow with a soft smile when he felt the bed dip under Jackson's weight, watching idly as he turned on the television and moved closer, the soft press of lips to his neck had his head tipping gently as heat flared through him. "Perhaps," he said easily when the other man asked to one day be offered a glimpse at Jasyn's true face. He had shown others before, people he had made a connection with and thought he could trust only to find that the truth was very different. There was a part of him though that wanted Jackson to see him, to drop the guise and simply let the other man see beneath the cover. A hand came up to smooth through his dark hair a chuckle when he heard the other man admit he enjoyed the wine. "It is good, isn't it? If you're lucky you may be able to coax me into sharing a few other favorites."

At the teasing about the ring he had noticed and Jasyn shifted his weight enough so he could reach out and catch the wrist of the man's left hand, tugging it up as he straightened, eyeing the gold band on Jackson's ring finger with a slight grin. "Can't say I am all that fond of getting involved in affairs," he hummed easily. "Always messy, too much drama, I was disappointed though," Jasyn admitted while glancing down at the other man's hand. "And if I am being honest? I was jealous at the idea of you having another while using me on the side, but could you blame me?" Jasyn said with a slight smirk even as he tugged on Jax's wrist, bringing the hand up to kiss at the inside of the wrist gently.

"I am curious though, why did you hit on me in the grocery store?" He asked, turning the table on him as he released the other man's hand with ease. "Are you simply that insatiable or were you trying to get me," he said with a gesture to the tan skin, dark hair and green eyed appearance he had, "Out of your head?" He took anothet pull from the bottle, offering the wine to Jackson again. "That look I had today was one I use to try and avoid catching attention and of all the eyes in this little town, I caught yours. It was nice though, talking to you without being simply fueled by sex and alcohol." And it had, their low key, simple back and forth had been so easy and relaxed, it had been ages since he had been able to simply make a connection with another person like that, taking time to get to know them.

Jackson gave a little smirk in return hearing the other speak about if he could get 'lucky' enough to have him partake in another bottle of wine or two. If there was anything he could do about it he'd have him here with him for the rest of his stay and even longer if he could swing the impossible. Usually he wouldn't have let himself even muse as to what the future could hold as he knew that was too much to ask for and it was just so impossible but everything that was happening was impossible. The fact that he was sharing a bed and bottle of wine with a shape-shifter was impossible enough and the fact that they'd both accepted that they'd never see each other again. He was willing to push his luck in the impossible category while he was with Jasyn.

He laughed softly as he felt his wrist and hand being pulled closer to the other man, rolling closer to him and pressing a quick kiss below his ear before pulling away to gaze into his face "I certainly understand wanting to stay out of the drama of an affair when you're trying to fly under the radar" he teased, knowing that the face he'd been using earlier was so plain that it would make people feel ashamed for staring at him for too long. "Oh no, I can't blame you one bit but I have to say, I quite enjoy a touch of jealousy, makes things fun" he teased and bit his bottom lip as he watched Jasyn kiss the inside of his wrist. Even this was completely different than their lust fueled night or the morning they'd spent together. So many things with this man felt so completely new and different and he wanted to stay with him and find every multi-faceted side of this man.

His eyes widened a little when the attentions were thrown back on himself, taking his hand away and leaning back from him before an easy smile came back on his face again with a quiet laugh "you'd like to think all I could think of was you, wouldn't you?" he asked with a smirk and took the bottle happily. He took a sip of it and looked at the other, his voice softening slightly "you looked so plain I couldn't figure out why I wanted to talk to you. I thought it was because I was just trying to get you out of my head but I wonder if some part of me somehow knew it was you" he smiled and shrugged taking another gulp of the wine "I'm not kidding about getting more of this either" he told him, trying to take some of the emphasis off of what he'd just said. He was a strong believer of fate and those sorts of tacky things and he'd prefer not to get into that at the moment. "As a federal agent we are also trained in noticing little details and not overlooking normal looking people, sometimes they can be the one's we're looking for" he smirked and handed the bottle back to Jasyn, able to admit to himself that in this moment he was truly relaxed and happy.

Jasyn laughed a bit, smile warm, "Nothing wrong with a little jealousy," he agreed easily, "As long you go home with the right person at the end of rhe night." The teasing and banter had a light quality to it, the thrum of arousal was still there but there was a deeper sense of just pure interest in making the other man laugh or smile simply for the sake of seeing the happy expression on Jax's face. It was odd, something he was wholly unused to if he was being honest with himself. Jasyn rarely let himself have the luxury of getting this close to someone anymore, and it felt refreshing to say the least to do so today.

Jasyn did feel some level of satisfaction though when he saw those blue eyes widen, the ability to throw Jackson off his game even slightly felt nice, he supposed, knowing Jasyn wasn't alone in new territory with this sort of closeness. "Well, if it is any consolation, you are the first person who has caught me between two looks," he relayed honestly. Sure, he had been hit on by the same person before when sporting a different face, the subtleties of body language and expressions weren't always under his control and people subconsciously could recognize the familiar and be drawn to it. At least, that was how he explained it to himself. Jasyn tipped his head slightly as he watched Jax simply talk though, a soft expression covering his face. "I am glad you saw me," he said simply, and he was. It was nice to be seen when you were trying your hardest to disappear, to have someone take interest in a slow and genuine way and to not be overlooked. Even if he had been purposefully trying to hide himself, it felt wonderful that Jackson had seen him despite it all.

Jasyn took another pull from the wine, letting the sharp smootj liquid coat his mouth, licking his lips slightly before offering it back in their exchange of the bottle. "So, are you really with the FBI or was that a cover story you fed someone for a job?" Jasyn had met hunters who were just as slippery as his own kind, changing guises easily to get what they needed. "And since you were already almost ready to kill me," he hummed with a playful smile as he fell back on the end of the bed, laying out on his back with a stretch that had his spine popping, "Can I ask why you were in town? Or will you make a dash for your bag to off me if you answer?" He kept his tone light, not wanting to revert to the intensity and difficult exchange they had just experienced, but also not wanting to tip toe or ignore the severity of their circumstances. It helped to make that connection back to their joking about Jax and the 'if I told you, I would have to kill you' line from before, while still offering the other man a chance to back out if he wanted it.

Jax couldn't help the small smile he wore hearing that Jasyn was glad that he'd seen him and spoken to him in the store. He certainly shared his sentiments though it had definitely been rocky there for a little while, still almost shocked that Jasyn had turned out to be a shapeshifter. The wine had warmed him thoroughly and loosened his tongue, not truly caring that he'd started asking questions again and returning his questions with a lazy smile. "I am actually FBI, though I work mostly on a need basis so when something comes up they'll call and I'll go out and do whatever they want done." He fell back onto the bed and let out a sigh before continuing.

"Have you heard about that kid that went missing a week or so ago? A kid was also taken on the other side of the state and on the other side of the border and we've found their bodies in ditches. They're worried it might be the same guy so they're bringing in extra reinforcements to see if they can sniff anything out," he told the other, letting his eyes shut slowly. "That being said I probably do have to kill you now since you might know the killer and help him get away," he said teasingly and rolled to his stomach to just look at the other male with a smile still on his face. "Honestly I'm not sure if we're gonna find him anytime soon if it is the same guy, the police here are shit."

He stood up and leaned back over the other, lifting the hem of his shirt and pressing a quick kiss to the skin he'd uncovered. "So what do you actually do? Do you work? You've gotta get money or something somehow don't you?" he asked though there was only half of him that truly cared. Those he'd found before hadn't had anything even resembling a human sort of life so he was pretty interested in if he had a job and a house he paid a mortgage on. Another part of him wanted to quit talking entirely and just return to what they'd done before as he already knew how good that felt. He'd just slowly undress the other until he quit ignoring his advances but he would go along with their talking for now, since he was enjoying that part as well.

That lazy smile was inviting and he shifted closet, green eyes tracing over Jax's face slowly as he listened to what the other man had to say. "I heard about it on the news," he reaffirmed, with a brief nod. "And the police here are horrid," he agreed before smling softly. "Helps me get away with my wicked agenda, but then again it sounds like since you are going to kill me anyways there is no point is there?" Jasyn hummed lightly as he tipped his head a bit. "Sorry to hear about the case though, shit with kids must be hard."

Jasyn watched with subtle interest as the other man got to his feet and stood over him. "What do I actually do," he purred back, pretending to shrug as he mulled over the question. "Well, seeing as I have an array of endless faces at my disposal? I work small simple jobs under the few aliases and fake identities I have been abke to procure over the years." A slow blush began to flare over his skin when those blue eyes roamed over him. Pale hands were slowly lifting his shirt and those lips pressed along his abdomen.

Jasyn shifted, feeling like he was melting under the warm ministrations. It was familiar and had him arching his back up gently. A soft pleased noise escaped his throat as he tipped his head back and simply reveled in the sensation. "Rent a cheap apartment in town," he said easily with a shrug. "Never bring people back to my place, always go wherever they are living or staying." Jasyn smiled warmly, eyes half lidded as watched Jax move over him as a nimble, tan hand reached down to sweep his fingers through Jackson's blond hair. "Where do you live? Or are you just constantly on the road?"

"Well that sounds pretty boring, if I'm being honest," he admitted with a small smile in response to how he managed to keep himself clothed, housed, and fed. "You wouldn't rather use one for a while or even grow up and keep it for a while so that you could try and live a normal life, or at least pretend and then just use a different face when you felt like it?" he asked, focusing much more now on his body and where the blood came to his skin, leaving a slight flush that made him smile. He blinked slowly, feeling the hand move through his hair, turning to press a soft kiss on the forearm attached to it before rolling Jasyn over onto his stomach in the middle of the bed.

Jackson climbed onto the bed and sat on the swell of the others ass, beginning to slowly push the shirt up towards his chest and shoulders as he pressed his thumbs and knuckles into the muscles of his back. "I'm on the road a lot," he admitted as he tried working out all the kinks and almost just trying to relax the other physically. "I've still got a small, little cabin house in the woods in colorado I used to live in when my husband and son were still alive. They died out in the woods, they'd gone hunting and some kind of monster had gotten them. The park rangers and police all said it was a bear or something but I've seen bear attacks and it definitely wasn't that" he said, sounding more tired than sad or anything else. Like he'd spent countless hours in the woods searching for the thing he'd spoken of but just had never found anything.

He looked down at the contrast of his pale, thin fingers on such gorgeous and tan skin, pushing the shirt further upwards and pulling it off of Jasyn completely before pressing kisses along his shoulders and the back of his neck. Now he knew that he'd probably said way too much too soon and that even if they were going to spend another night, maybe a few together, it still wasn't good for him to be bringing his past like that into it unnecessarily like he'd just done. "I'm sorry, I know you probably don't care about any of that stuff at all. It kind of feels weird talking about it to someone, I didn't really have anyone when it happened," okay what the fuck was he doing now, there was definitely no reason to be pulling any of this feeling shit out when he knew literally nothing about the other and this was definitely not going to be a turn on. "On that happy note, when did you find out that you could shape shift like that?" he asked in hopes to try and salvage the mood that he was sure he'd effectively ruined.

Back
Top Bottom