Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Wildlands (rskde & BurningWillows)

f67efdb2d38134f6e0dc94f82b94de3d.png

"Hi.. I wanted to Uhm.. Apologize.. For everything, I was only there because of your laptop, and I had no idea what was planned.. You must understand, I came here because I got a job offer from a company called GenX, I was their firewall supervisor until Narcos offered me a lot of money to do the same.. He never told me the rest of the job.. And I'm sorry.."

sarah-fabel-by-jake-raynor-11.jpg

Kat listened, trying to contain her temper. Shrake had asked her to, and he was right about judging right off the bat. She had been in his position too.

"Sounds like Narcos," she sighed, "Look, I hope I didn't come off as thinking I was any better. I slept with the man for six years as a way to get intel. We all do bad things. But whining and saying you had no clue what was going to happen just doesn't cut it for me. I'll respect you a lot quicker if you stick to your guns...not run from them. I get you got dooped, many poor souls do. I watched them come, and I watched them die. I stood by idly, but I definitely don't blame it all on Narcos. I blame my position as a spy and I blame myself for not shooting the bastard sooner. So...yeah.

So as future reference, own up to your time in the cartel. We can all get over it a hell of a lot sooner if we are skidding around the bloody bush."

"But you must understand, I didn't do anything wrong in my time. Sure, I asked for that password, but that's only because I wanted to poke around your brain, see what you were doing in your time here, and if you think I messed up your files, alls I did is encrypt them all, I found the ones you deleted, I could've sent them to every government in South America and you guys would have been taken off duty effective immediately, but I didnt. I didn't want anybody to get hurt for the information, that's what Narcos does best.. He felt like he needed to hurt you because of how much you apparently hurt him, even though he's already got two fuckin' wives." He explains.

"I also didn't trust the guy, so I never told him my full name, and all of your files are completely secured if you want me to unencrypt them." He says to her.

She couldn't but grin at some of his words, "Of course he's hurt. I played the perfect mistress, I did everything he could dream of in bed."

She opened the door wider, gesturing him in, "My job was to get deep within the cartel to gain intel. What's deeper than the main boss' partner? And yeah he has two wives, but they are both useless. The only reason either of them are still around is because one has his son and the other is pregnant. He loves neither, I learnt that quickly enough, and I worried he'd never fall for me, but it sounds like I did my job too well."

A part of her tried to feel bad about playing with another man's heart, but she really had no sympathy when she knew all the cruel things he had done. And her heart belonged to someone now, whether she could admit it out loud or not.

She pulled the laptop from under the bed, "I don't need them unencrypted. Like I keep saying to Shrake, none of this information is really any use to Narcos because he already knows we exist, and the rest is intel on his own organization. I had no grand plan written in here either, since my single job was intel, so whatever he thought he'd fine isn't here. But I'll leave the files encrypted, might as well right?"

And if the U.S goverment needs it, they can unencrypt it themselves.

He walks into the room and shifts awkwardly.

"Not true, I found the name and location of your handler, when I sent my report to Skull a Face he dispatched mercenaries to take down the CIA presence in Bolivia." He says to her, obviously nervous from the disclosure of information.

She spun on him, her eyes wide and terrified. There was no way, she had been told there was no way to track him. As he talked her stomach plummeted, feeling like vomiting.

"You did what?!" her voice was dark, her hands dropping the laptop on the bed, "Your serious aren't you? Oh my god...oh my god. There is no CIA presence in Bolivia you idiot. I was the only presence. No one else was insane enough to come down here. They fucking fed you information, probably have a fake identity stored to be found. You just condemned some innocent family, you understand that right? Those mercenaries will go and kill whoever they find, men, women...children. And none of them are my handler."

Because my ass of a handler sits nice and cozy in his own country, far away from the actual fight.

Something dinged and her eyes looked over her shoulder at the laptop, noticing the tiny words sprawled under her one line.

You have little faith in my abilities.

She pinched the bridge of her nose, getting a headache. Her handler had just duped this kid, and in doing so condemned an entire family, if not a whole village to death.

"Go to Shrake, tell him what you just told me," she sighed, "Maybe we can catch the tail end and kill some bastards. And next time think before you speak. Before you get yourself killed kid."

She walked him out, before locking her door and returning to her laptop. Her fingers typed her next question in the open notepad on her computer, one of the easier ways to communicate with him

You just condemned innocents? Fake info. Why?

Seconds passed and then words began typing themselves.

Our presence cannot be known in the country. Sometimes a few have to die for the many to live.

Bullshit. You just don't care about Bolivian citizens.

She waited several minutes, but there was no response, meaning he either had nothing to say, or he had left. Either way she slammed the laptop shut and shoved it under the bed, feeling that uneasiness filling her. Winters would be on the roof with Red, so it was where she headed, her lover always settling her nerves.

Lion listens and bites the inside of his cheek, any information he had was useless at this point, even though he didn't even tell her the last part of what he had to say. He walks out of the room and silently closes the door, leaving her alone her with her thoughts. He walks downstairs and meets with Shrake, explaining to him what Katerina had to say, but also explained that at this point, they had probably already visited the area from his notes.

He walks back into the main lobby and sits down running his hands down his face and sighing, he had only been trying to be helpful, the whole reason her handler hadn't even been speaking to the CIA agent is the fact that Skull Face probably already knows where the CIA is, considering half of his shipment goes to Miami.

Feat-image-July-Brent.jpeg

Winters sits on the roof, mostly avoiding Red for the fact that he seems almost too happy, as if nothing in his hellish country affected him, which annoyed Winters, a lot. He stares out at La Paz, clicking his fingers against his rifle as he waits for something to happen, something to move. He sighs and stands, looking down at his watch, he had to go grab Al for the next shift, he starts walking downstairs when he runs into Katerina.

"Hey, you looking for me?" He asks her, surprised that she is walking up to the roof.

Catching him in the stairwell, she knows its against protocol to be openly affectionate but for three seconds she could care less, falling into his arms.

"Please tell me your off patrol soon," she sighed, "My day is just getting worse and worse."

Explaining to her that he just needed to grab Al, she pulls away and nods, asking him to meet in their room. At this point Katerina couldn't find the effort to be social with anyone, aside from Kevin. Trying to continue looking confident, Kat strolls back to her room, her shoulders sagging the instant the door is shut. While she might have to pertain a certain confident personality around the others, it was something she had grown over the past years stuck in Bolivia. Like a suit of armor, protecting her from people's shit. Today though she felt like crying, thinking about how little people around here cared for the citizens of Bolivia. Maybe it was her heritage, or the fact she had watched them struggle for years -whatever it was she hated that no one seemed to care if it meant saving their own asses.

While waiting for Kevin she decided to check the laptop, just to make sure there was no reply. Surprisingly there was, and she could here the cockiness in the words.

This is not some peace brigade agent. Remember that.

She wrote right back, and the replies came almost instantly after.

No its not, its a mission. But whats the point of fighting something that is tainting this country if we kill the country in the process?

We fight it so that taint doesn't spread to our country.

Wow. So who cares about an entire nation, as long as you the drugs off YOUR streets, and no one else's?

You signed up with the american CIA, not Bolivia's. Personal opinions are unwanted in the field.

I signed up for military first. Remember that. I'm here to protect people, first and foremost.

There was a pause and Kat blew out her breath, her hands shaking with anger. Her handler had always been like this, mission above all else. He was the one who had encouraged her to get into bed with Narcos to get close. In a way, he was the one making her life hell these last six years. She knew what she was gathering had been for the greater cause, and she knew the main objective of her mission was all well, but it was the details that tore at her, like faking information or telling her to sell her body to the devil for a few sheets of paper.

Minutes past then her email dinged, and as she brought it up she was surprised to see a video on it. It was feed from a security cameras, positioned so it stared down at a parking lot. She watched as five men pooled out of an unmarked black van and strolled towards the building. Underneath the feed was two words.

Mission failed.

Her breath caught and she waited, knowing there had to be more information. Sure enough a minute later the words began pooling in again on the word document, none of them good.

Your laptop was breached and while we did have protocols up to send them on a wild goose chase, they nevertheless found other information about CIA ties in Miami, courtesy of your email I presume.

She recognized the parking lot now. They had pulled her into the states for a few days between leaving the cartel and meeting the Ghosts. That parking lot had been where she met the Ghosts handler, who had then taken her out for a private lunch to be debriefed. Kat had never gone inside, but obviously it held a few CIA agents.

Six were killed because you left your property in enemy hands.

Wait, I had little choice and

You did not retrieve it in a timely manner, and six were killed because of that. On home soil. As well, you've made the Ghosts presence and the CIA presence known in Bolivia to the cartel, who if they gain sufficient knowledge can take to the Bolivian government and start a whole new war.

There was a long pause and Kat's stomach knotted painfully, knowing she was being berated now, and there was nothing she could do to fix it.

We have had to take extreme measures to move our remaining agents in Miami. Being as the Ghosts are considered dead, and had no part in this mission they have been excused this once. The cartel cannot gain evidence of them, being as your team technically no longer exists.

"I however do," Kat whispered to herself, feeling the bile rise, knowing she was in a deeper hole than she could crawl out of.

Your family has been notified of your death agent. You no longer exist. As you know, we chose you do to your background and excelling at spy work. As such, your only mission -gaining intel- has been successful up until this point when we were exposed. Your mission is now concluded.

Do I have a new mission then?

Negative. At this point we have no need for your services, and termination of your employment seems evident. At least for the CIA. If your team decides to continue using you, you may stay with them.

If not do I return to America?

There was no reply, and there never would be. Even as she went to type something the computer hummed and then the screen went black. When she turned it back on she found the entire thing reset, every file, every password gone. They had erased everything. If they hadn't done so before, it had probably been because Lion hacking skills outmatched them, which explained the breach. They hadn't been able to wipe the computer clean, but she suspected during that entire conversation they had been setting up for a complete reset.

And now she was fucked.

Her temper surged and just as the door opened and Winters walked in she screamed and through the laptop at the wall across from her, breaking it instantly.

He grabs Al from his room and watches him leave before walking to his own room, preparing himself for anything as he steps into the room, listening to her scream and watching her throw the laptop, something had obviously gone wrong.

He walks over and sits behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist and resting his chin on her shoulder blade.

"Everything alright, beautiful?" He asks innocently.

She leaned into him sighing, "I think I just got fired."

She could care less if they pronounced her dead. Actually, she had thought she had been pronounched dead when the rest of the Ghosts had, but obviously not. It didn't really matter to her, as she had said before she had no ties. Except Kevin.

What bothered her was they were practically calling her useless, like they had used her up and were tossing her away now. The military might take her back, but that was Shrake's call if he kept her. And with her outbursts, temper, and non compliance at times she worried he might not like her.

"They count Lion's hacking as a failure on my part," she mumbled, "He got through all the encryptions and CIA agents died for it. They terminated my employment, and declared me dead. I don't...I don't even know if I can return to America after all this."

He furrows his eyebrows together. "You have to come back to the States, with me.. I can't stay in another country, I swore my life for the USA, you need to come.." He says to her quietly, closing his eyes and continuing to listen to her, biting the inside of his cheek, sighing at the news.

"Why do you think I'm so damn frustrated," she whispered, feeling her heart breaking at his words, "They can just leave me here, in Bolivia. And you...you'll have to go back when this is all done."

She dropped her head in her hands, her shoulders shaking, "Oh god, I'm going to be alone here. They're taking the only person I have!"

He keeps holding her. "I won't leave you here, I promise, I will find some way to take you back with me, I don't care if they try to force me back, you're coming with me and nobody will tell me differently." He says firmly, kissing her cheek softly afterwards.

She looked up at him, the armor completely gone so all he could see was the woman inside, the one fearful that she'd lose him and everyone else.

"Promise?"

He nods. "I swear, you will come back with me to the States, I don't think I could ever love someone else." He says to her quietly, breathing against her neck as he completes his sentence.

"Me neither," she admits quietly, unable to say the words just yet, but wanting him to know.

Leaning into him, she lets a few minutes pass before she speaks again, "I should probably talk to Shrake. Make sure I still have a job. I hope."

He wraps his arms around her and shakes his head. "Do it in the morning, I want to spend some time with you." He says to her quietly, kissing the top of her head softly.

"It almost feels like I spend the entire day alone and then come back into this room with you to sleep, I'd like to talk and kiss you, and dream about going home.." He says to her.

It's the puppy dog eyes that get her every time; Kat bites her lip, unable to say no as he gives her those eyes. Grabbing his shirt she drags him down into bed, lying next to him so she can stare at his face.

"We can hide all day here than," she murmurs, "Just you and me."

He grins and presses his lips to hers, closing his eyes and allowing himself to relax against her, she seems to have that effect on him whenever she is around. He doesn't put any heat into the kiss just yet, waiting to see if she was trying to do anything or not.

The kiss was short and sweet, obviously Kevin respecting her boundaries. With everything happening around her, it was hard for Katerina to focus on anything but the problems at hand.

Instead they spent the rest of the afternoon just lying together on the bed, talking about whatever came to mind. It was nice learning more about the man who was quickly stealing her heart, as well as the stories from his time spent as a Ghost.

Day quickly turns to night, Winters stares into Katerina's eyes and smiles. "Anything you wanna do tonight? I suppose we could just go to bed, but I want your feedback." He says to her, touching his lips to hers again for only a moment before pulling away, giving her time to respond.

She curled into him, feeling his warm breath tickle her face as Winters leaned in to kiss her. He'd been distracting her all day, keeping her from thinking about all the maybe's and what if's.

"It's more fun when you choose," she smiled, "Although bed might be a smart thing if I'm supposed to talk to Shrake tomorrow. Then again..."

Her fingers ran down the length of his chest, a playful grin lingering on her lips.

Winters just shrugs and yawns. "Bed it is, then.. Tomorrow will be a better day for that sort've thing." He says to her quietly before closing his eyes, trying to lure himself into the trap of darkness that is sleep.

Lion walks to Arya's room, knocking on it softly, he can feel the cold steel of a dog tag pressing against his pocket, the cold searing into his leg as if to remind him of what he had seen, what he had technically helped with, he just hopes the doctor will answer, considering she couldn't even talk to him before.

Snuggling up, she pulled the blanket over them, finding her perfect nook in his arm that she now slept in every night.

"Night babe."

Summer-Glau-actresses-638016_1776_1920_zpseapl5gyo.jpg

Arya was finishing up on some paperwork when there was a soft knock on her door. Sighing, she stood and limped to the door, some of the muscles in her leg not healing right. She was okay; she could do everything still a Ghost needed to do, but when she walked there was a small limp. It was a reminder of what had happened, a reminder of her hate for the cartel.

Answering the door, she was surprised to see the hacker at her door.

"Um, hi?" she raised a brow, "Everything okay? Do you need...my services?"

It was already past nine at night and most of the team had retired to their rooms. The only reason she could think of that he was seeing her was that he needed medical attention. Then again, he wasn't a Ghost, so routine bedtimes probably weren't a usual thing. While their were still a lot of hard feelings against the man, everyone still quite skeptical, her leader had given direct orders to not shun the hacker, as he could be useful in the future. So Arya kept her feelings to herself, remaining neutral.

"Come in," she murmured, opening the door wider to let him pass.

He nods and walks into the room, taking in his surroundings. "I've been trying to clear up my name with the team, as everything I have done, and the things people think I have done are all muddled up." He says to her.

He grabs the dog tag from his pocket, showing it to the medic, it reads only two words.

'Ember, Ghosts.'

"Im really sorry, I want forgiveness even though I understand that you think I have done this, and I cannot undo it even if I did." He says to her quietly, taking a shaky breath, this is obviously hard for him to do.

Back
Top Bottom