Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The One That Got Away (DrgnLady + desertpaladin)

"Really? He has not made you kill women and children yet?" he asked "He had me kill a woman because she did not sleep with him... he had me kill a small child because he had been in his horse's way..." his eyes narrowed as he watched her "He is an evil man... think... break his spell" he said as he moved a bit closer "You know it to be true... each person was confused why you were there... no one had seen such cruelty... he made you his weapon... you did everything for him and he will get none of the blame..."

"No...he's...he's not...he would never..." The iciness was gone now, her voice soft and gentle, filled with confusion. The wolf moved forward slowly, pressing his nose against her shoulder. She looked at him suddenly and shook her head. "Wh...I....I don't...understand...Asha..." the wolf nodded once and she just shook her head again.

He watched her and he just waited. "Do you see now? In truth it is hard to see while you still work for him... but once you are no longer needed..." he loked at her "I became to wanted... people were looking for me everywhere... so he sent others after me to kill me... no one succeded. At first I faught but now... I just enlighten... if they refuse to see and surrender then I will fight... but I do not like killing those who are just tools"

Angel slowly pulled her legs in to her chest, her head on her knees, eyes shut tight. She had seemed so strong and confident just a few minutes ago, but that was all gone now. She seemed like nothing more than a young child, lost and confused.

"here just drink tea and relax... I know I told you a lot but if you worry now your mind will just overload" he said with a small smile "now, please just drink with me" he said finishing his glass as he looked at her

Angel sat that way for several minutes before she looked to the ceiling, then at her cup of tea. She took a slow sip of tea, then another, feeling cold inside. It felt as if her whole world had been pulled out from beneath her feet. Fear was visible in her eyes as she stared at the almost empty cup. But suddenly the wolf moved to press his nose against her arm, and Angel relaxed. His touch always comforted her and made her feel warm inside.

"Good boy Asha." Her voice was soft and low as she set the cup down and began to pet him slowly. Her features suddenly seemed softer, and there was even a very little smile on her face as she ran her fingers through his fur.

He smiled a bit seeing her calming down a bit. He then placed out the money for the tea and he stood and he helped her up as the two left the tea house and he turned to look at her 'So what do you think you will do? Will you try to return? Should I watch my back? Will you run or will you stay with me?" he asked as he walked with her.

Angel was quite until he turned to her. Then she looked down at her Guardian.
"If we run, he will find us...if we go back, it will be the same punishment...if we stay with you, he will hunt us down and kill all of us." Angel seemed to quiver, touching her right shoulder once, remembering the pain of her last mistake. "I don't know what to do..."

"Then we both have the same enemy..." he said looking at her "And if you wish I would enjoy some company at my side... I will leave before sundown through the southern gate... If you wish you can find me there at one hour before... should you wish to join me that is" he then began to walk away

One hour before sundown, Angel would find herself sitting atop the roof of a small house near the gate. She sat quietly, waiting for him to arrive. Down below, Asha was sitting by the gate. He watched Angel silently-the two had done much talking that day and decided it would be best for them to travel with this man. When Boss came for them, maybe the three of them fighting together would be enough to force him to retreat.

Then the sound of his wooden sandals on the path was herd as soon his figure became more and more apparent as he walked from about the center of town toward the gate. He gave a soft smile under his hat and he said "Glad to see you came" though the entire time he did not look at her, his eyes were always covered by that hat.

Angel dropped down gracefully beside him, looking straight ahead. "We must hurry up and get moving. I know Boss has found out by now that I have failed and it will not be long before he comes looking for me."

"Actually he already did..." he said as he pulled a small note from a small bag that he had on his belt "One was carrying this" he said tossing the crumpled note to her and he said "What it biasically says is that he will now hunt you down because you failed him for the last time... blah blah blah" he then began to walk again as he looked back to her "well let's go"

Angel looked the note over quickly before shoving the crumpled piece of paper into her pocket. They followed behind him, Angel keeping her hand on Asha's head. After several minutes had passed Asha ran off in one direction, Angel quickening her pace a little to walk beside the man. She knew Asha needed to hunt, but she hated when he left her.

"it is odd to see a beast follow so obediantly and you not being a magic user' he said looking at her 'Or are you truely? I mean in the gap from the last assassin to you... you did find me much quicker than the others had'

"Asha is my Guardian..." She looked in the direction the wolf had run, "and, as for magic...yes, I can use magic, but magic is not how I found you, nor is it how Asha is bound to me..well, not my magic, anyways..." She seemed uneasy talking to him about magic. It was something outside of her comfort zone, mostly due to what her parents were and what that made her.

he nodded and he did not ask anymore as he said 'I have rarely seen a guardian that attached... you are very lucky... and dispite what you think it might be partially thanks to magic that he is that way" he said as the two continued to walk.

Angel was quiet again. Those sapphire eyes gazed out in the direction Asha had gone to do his hunting. She hated when he had to go hunt and often went with him. Being separated from her guardian made her anxious. Angel wanted nothing more than to have gone off hunting with Asha, but he would not let her. He wanted her to keep walking with the man.

She glanced over at him. Angel did not know his name-that was not how she hunted down targets. Names were unreliable-looks were better, as well as information from those who had seen him. To Angel, though, the best way to track was by scent. Her own nose was almost as sensitive as Asha's.

Angel jumped a little as a sparrow darted by just above their heads. She growled softly.

He would have laughed at that but he found it better not to since that sparrow did seem a little odd. he looked back at it his eyes staying on the small bird for a bit as he found it a little odd for one to get so close to a human... let alone two of them.

"A shape shifter, I suppose...or maybe a familiar...He wasn't scared of us at all." She watched the sparrow fly away, a slight frown on her face. The bird made her more anxious, and she looked again in the direction Asha had run, keeping one hand close to the dagger at her waist.

"Stow it" he said as he was hardly audible. "let them think we have no clue they are around us... i sense 2... but i am not sure if the bird counts... just keep walking... when they strike we will strike."

She gave a low growl. Angel was still anxious-she rarely ever fought without Asha at her side. If they attacked...she would need him there with her. That was the only way some of her attacks worked. She started to call out for him telepathically.

He nudged her shoulder a bit as they walked and he lowered his head speaking softly to her "3 in total, 2 humans and that stupid bird... all need to be taken out... one in front, one behind, one in the tree that will be above us in 20 feet... which do you want?"

"I'll take the one behind. Asha's already got the bird in his sight." Angel slowly pulled her hood up to cover her face, and acted as if she was stretching. That movement loosened hidden daggers in her sleeves. She took a deep breath. "Ready when you are."

Three... Two... One..." the assdialiants struck then and he rushed forward taking off the arm of the one in front with one swoop before then slicing the head off of his neck as he then just stood there waiting for her to finish.

Back
Top Bottom