Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fallout 4 Reveal?!

Sounds like your character and mine are pretty closely built right now, except I cut INT in favor of fleshing out my other stats. I wanted all attributes as close to 5 as possible (You know, ala every other fallout), and intelligence paid the price for it. Settlements bore the piss out of me, though. I have five idle games up on my computer right now, I don't need another that takes five minutes to load. I'd much rather quest and kill.

As far as quests go, the only one that I've really loved was the one in Goodneighbour where you basically become The Shadow, and that one where you're exploring the memories.

Honestly, I've found the other stats to be kind of useless.

Strength: I don't really melee, and I have a companion to carry my crap. I often stop at settlements to craft, so I'm rarely overburdened.

Endurance: I'm always above 40 stimpacks, and around 20 med-x. I also have eight suits of power armor, so I can suit up for difficult encounters.

Perception: I don't use VATS very much.

Agility: I have plenty of buffs to sneak already, and often just blow off heads from distance with my .50. Up close and personal I have shotgun that has 120 damage, so no need to sneak around.

Luck: I don't often make use of critical hits, but I suppose I'm missing out on some luck based drops.

That being said, I am looking into pumping some points into strength and melee attacks soon. I just want another way to play.

I'm just annoyingly insistent on making sure the settlements are done right. It's very bothersome to dump an hour into building a nice settlement, but I can't ignore it. Despite this, I still have several that are unoccupied or lacking in various areas. To make anything half decent is just such a drain on resources, and I'm always out of steel. I really wish most walls and floors only cost one or two wood and steel.

Favorite quest so far was easily the one with the Pirate Ship. It was pretty mediocre up until the end, but that kind of sealed the deal. It had the same kind of effect as, "Come Fly With Me," from New Vegas where the neat ending was worth the slog of the rest of the quest. Then again, the only main quests I've done are the Minutemen line, some BoS stuff, and the one where you recruit Strong.

I'm thinking of starting my new char with 9 in Agility and Luck, and banking entirely on the shadows to carry me home.

Is there a guide to where I can find the bobbleheads yet? I'd like to know where the agility and luck ones are first, but all I've found thus far is... Perception, I think.

Let me know what you think of the leveling rate without high intelligence. I've been told it makes a world of difference. It's 3% more experience per level of intelligence on every experience gain.

You might have already found this on your own, but: http://www.ign.com/wikis/fallout-4/Bobbleheads

Trygon, if you plan on having a low intelligence in the game, then grab the idiot savant perk. It's apparently very very amazing and makes low intelligence characters super viable. https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3siw35/i_tested_intelligence_idiot_savant_and_experience/

HA HA HA HOLY SHIT

The Blitz perk is TOO OP. When it said 'extended range on VATS melee' I was expecting doubled range. Not quintupled. I can knife someone in the back from 30 feet away!

My Stealth is to die for, too. Sneaking around right in front of motherfuckers, and I only have the raw 9 AGI, no perks.

Also, has anyone else hammered out exactly how to do the execution melee? I think you need the opponent in 'Reeling' status, and possibly need to use a power melee. My best success rate came when I ran up to enemies, cracked out one VATS shotgun shot, and then immediately melee. Done right, my character slaps the enemy up and then down with the gun butt, and they're instantly killed. I chewed my way through a pair of Raider Scum with just the two shots, they were both at 80-90 percent health when I instakilled them. Knowing exactly how to activate that is about to be real crucial to my playstyle.

I didn't even know about the execution kills; I've been getting by too well with shooting people in the head. I should probably use VATS more, because it does look cool. Right now I'm putting points into ninja after dumping like three levels into getting Agility to where I need it. Once I have ninja done, I might put some points into either melee stuff or the pistol perk.

I currently have a combat shotgun that does 152 damage. I killed a Deatchclaw in three shots. This is the only Fallout I've played where I have little fear of Deathclaws, which is a shame. They're supposed to be the scariest thing out there, but now they just feel like pushovers. I'm twice as scared of those Sentry Bots, which are just bull-rushing, ass-kicking, murder machines.

Yeah, Deathclaws aren't really all that scary in the late game, but then again, you can say that about the other Fallouts as well. Hell, I'm packing a Plasma Marksman Rifle I called Das Velter, an Alien Blaster that I'm going to change over to Fusion Cells soon, Bob the incendiary Double-Barrel Shotty, A bloody PPK with a suppressor, and Carlos, a .50BMG Sniper Rifle that fire two bullets at once. Not mentioning anything else I feel like playing around with.

Also, I have a nearly complete suit of X-01 power armour that I've been running around with with a bloody jetpack, which is one of the most useful things in the game.

Uh, so, pretty sure luck impacts frequency of Legendary enemies.

As in, I've fought close to fifty in 20 hours. EVERY location has at least one, larger ones have two or three.

One of them dropped a lucky leather left leg - I now have 11 luck.

So, there's a class of legendary item called 'Instigating', that does double damage to enemies with full health. Practically, this means double the multiplier on sneak attacks. I have a revolutionary sword with Instigating, and I just capped Ninja, giving me 10X (actually 20X) damage on sneak fuckery. It's nice to be able to one-shot deathclaws. Only a standard one, mind. Still need to find a savage or an alpha to try. I have Grognak's Costume now too, but it seems like overkill to boost melee damage any further. LOVE the axe, though. Almost feels like Skyrim sometimes.

Oh, and I got another Lucky armor piece. 13. Almost strong enough to go for the bobblehead and get up to 14.

Temporarily stonewalled by a moral conundrum in Diamond City. I can take that stuttering fuck off the air permanently, but it's gonna require murdering everyone in the city. Decisions, decisions.

You can help him gain confidence, so you don't really need to kill him. He stops stuttering, and has a much cooler and laid back vibe to him.

Literally just completed that quest. Bethesda towns still make me want to die, but there's some worthwhile aspects to Diamond City. The motherfucking groundskeeper who won't FUCKING talk to me is not one of them.

Also, ho-leeeeeeeeee SHIT, I had just gotten done being sad about how pathetic my beloved Brotherhood of Steel was in this game when I decided to do the main quest again and GODDAMN I WAS WRONG. They couldn't have asked for a better ally in the commonwealth, every settlement they ask me about is already in my pocket.

I had a huge stockpile of fusion cores and jet.

But then I got a jetpack.

Now I have 6 fusion cores, and I am a jet addict.

:( Damn it.

Trygon said:
Literally just completed that quest. Bethesda towns still make me want to die, but there's some worthwhile aspects to Diamond City. The motherfucking groundskeeper who won't FUCKING talk to me is not one of them.

Also, ho-leeeeeeeeee SHIT, I had just gotten done being sad about how pathetic my beloved Brotherhood of Steel was in this game when I decided to do the main quest again and GODDAMN I WAS WRONG. They couldn't have asked for a better ally in the commonwealth, every settlement they ask me about is already in my pocket.

Goodneighbor is pretty cool. There isn't TOO much to do there, but there's a fairly cool quest and the vibe of the place is pretty neat.

Definitely wasn't expecting to see the Prydwen when I stepped onto the roof of that building. I was half tempted to fire a mini-nuke at it just to see what it would do. I was pretty much with the Brotherhood until I started to get the whole genocide of the syths vibe from them. I get the whole argument about AI taking over the Earth and decimating humanity, but waging war against them isn't going make them look too keenly on humanity.

That being said, I did a mission where I have to track down an Institute Courser. It was really really neat to hear and see it just melt through the Gunners, albeit from a floor below. I wish the game had more sequences like that. The only other one I've kinda found was at the Witch Museum in Salem.

ChelseaIsTheBest said:
I had a huge stockpile of fusion cores and jet.

But then I got a jetpack.

Now I have 6 fusion cores, and I am a jet addict.

:( Damn it.

I haven't used the jetpack yet, but I do look forward to it. I'm currently sitting on near fifty fusion cores at the moment. You can eventually buy them from the Brotherhood of Steel, and with one of the perks you can start to find a surprising about in containers.

Perhaps the Institute thought my son would be able to exert... Some kind of control over me. They learned they were wrong when I introduced him to Stays Hit the super-sledge. Stays Hit proceeded to meet everyone else in the Institute, with the notable exception of each synth that had been expressing signs of free will. They chose not to fight me, and thus survived the carnage. The inmates run the prison now!

Mitsu said:
That being said, I did a mission where I have to track down an Institute Courser. It was really really neat to hear and see it just melt through the Gunners, albeit from a floor below. I wish the game had more sequences like that. The only other one I've kinda found was at the Witch Museum in Salem.

Yeah, that Courser quest is badass. Obviously scripted, but it feels like you're hunting down a Terminator or something. It was just a bit anti-climatic when I two shot him with The Last Minute... I enjoyed the Witch Museum quest as well, though it was not what I was expecting. It had more of an Alien/Jurassic Park vibe

People bemoan scripted events, but they're almost always the standout parts of any game I play. I've played 90-something hours of Fallout 4 and the four most memorable parts of the game are all scripted.

I rarely ever have issues with combat, but I'm a sniper so I usually drop everyone before they ever see me. I run a 50Cal most of the time, but I have a laser sniper that I use mostly as a hipfire weapon. I rarely ever pull out my pistol or sword anymore.

I actually like the crafting system for what it is, but it does need a lot of work in the future at the same time. I bought my game on the PC so that I would be able to mod it down the line, but so far I haven't downloaded any game mods and I just recently started using console commands for inventory so that I can build a gigantic settlement on Spectacle Island. Ive been able to do some cool things with the settlements and really enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom