Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Brink ((Dark and Alu))

Calder walks out then back in with a power drill. Plugging it in he turns it to the slowest speed the drill bit of medium size but very long. "I can make him talk just hold him so I can get to the back of his knees." He looks at alex then pulls cig lights it and hands puts it to the mans neck watching the skin burn as the older man starts to scream in pain. "He is weak he wont last long when the real pain kicks in."

Alex nodded to two men, who then moved to help Calder, "This should get us somewhere". A young boy dropped from a pipe above them, he was faced with two large assault rifles, "Easy boys, lets see why he's here".

"Mr. Stone, there are police coming this way, I heard them talking, you should move", he looked around in fear and cowered beside a pillar. Clearly he didn't know how to get out again.

"Calder, get what you can, then kill him, and please god be creative", he gestured wildly during the last part of his sentences, he was known to be slightly insane.

Calder steps forward stepping on the mans fingers breaking them as the man screams in pain he drops to his knees. Soon the Drill his slowly tearing threw his pants soon to be ripping the flesh to shreds. Calder kicks the general in the mouth as he starts to talk he slides a paper and pen in front of him. Cutting his hands free the general clearly in pain starts to write the the info down the last bit written as there is a loud pop as the drill breaks through the knee cap from behind.

"Take the Info get the kid out of here now." He says to alex

His hand is pulling out his trusty bench made as he steps towards the general again Bending down he pulls the mans hair back revealing the screaming mans throat. Soon there is silence as the wind pipe is stabbed. "God I hate men who cry like that" Another quick move of the trained hand and there is a pool of blood that was quickly growing from the severed Juggler vain. "The more you freak out the faster your heart beats and the quicker you bleed out giving your cop friends less of a window to save your life" With out another word Calder turns seeing the fear in every ones eyes as they realize he wasn't your typical grunt. He steadily walks towards the back. "It would be best if we split up we can make contact through the safe zones" And then Calders form disappeared into the shadows.

Alex looked at the man on his right, "Bring out the IB, set it up and get the kid out of here, I'm heading off to visit an old friend, you can reach me over the comm's". He spun round sprinting towards the high pipe he had entered through and caught it with the edge of his fingers, a few lithe movements and he was up and gone.

The men left behind set up a large object that resembled a bomb with multiple pipes coming out of it, the set a motion sensor and grabbed a remote switch. After leaving with the kid a sharp beep echoed throughout the chamber, the device was active, as to its purpose only Alex knew.

Calder walked through the crowded streets having changed his clothes before skipping out the back door. He had a plan of his own and needed to figure out how to set it into motion. And as they where now looking for runners this seemed as good as any to set it into motion. Only question was how and who he quickly made a phone call. After the call he tucked into a ally soon entering a door walking up the stairs and entering a loft with a guy already there cleaning a Enfield Assault rifle. "Hey sir I see your ready for the big day." He said to Calder in a deep scottish accent as Calder opened a bag pulling out a Bushmaster ACR. "Yea but only two things we need a team and we need to warn the runners." Seeing the look in the mans Eyes he gave him a smile. "The Second part is easy." He made a quick call and knew alex would be met by a former runner with a simple message saying there was something big on its way to stay alert. He could only hope that he would listen to the second part and stay out of the financial district they didn't need a bunch of dead runners.

Alex emerged out of a manhole in the old town, back streets filled with the forgotten half of the city's population. Nobody out here minded runners, they'd even take them in and help them if it was needed. He heard radio chatter from the police on his comm, it was about his little present, he smiled and hit the switch. Right now the whole chamber would be engulfed in flames, it was similar to a flame thrower, but designed to take out rooms or floors of buildings.

As he moved away from the manhole he saw the light from the fire and the radio chatter suddenly stopped. "Good, now there are even less of them", he muttered to himself before pulling up his hood and setting off for the Spec Ops HQ, a large armoured building just outside the city, a fortress in itself. He vaulted onto an old car and jumped to a ladder, after reaching the top he ran across the roofs, vaulting over the fences and ducking under vents as choppers flew overhead from time to time.

"Boss, you've caused quite a stir today, been busy with the operation then", the voice was female, his guide as the called them in HQ, their job was to keep runners on track and monitor the police traffic.

"Yeah, oh, Alice, keep the gates open for me, I'm coming in", he smiled, would be good to be back in the tower.
"Will do", she paused, "Welcome home boss", he could hear her smiling.

2 hours and 6 dead guards later the team was extracting with the prisoner in tow. Calder new with the man in charge of the banks his team finaly had the means to start taking down the right people and getting the right access to shut down the flow of money to big brother. If he was right and this all played out as planed the lack of money would force the higher ups to come out of hiding to find new revenue and thats when they would make the grabs. He knew there where teams all over every major city in the country. But they had to play it smart one wrong move and this could quickly turn into outright war. But for now Calder was walking back to make contact with the runners wondering how long before they realized what was going on.

Alex slowed to a walk as he passed through the huge gates of the tower, one of the cities most feared buildings. He walked calmly up to the main doors, scanned a card and walked through as they opened for him, he took a deep breath of the clean filtered air and set off towards the lifts, his hood was still up and so to the others he would appear as no more than a turned runner.

Under Pope's command this tower had given the commands that killed many of the cities runners, they also turned several to stay on top of the cities changes. He didn't need the trouble of having to explain his position to anyone but the high command. Alex stepped into a lift and hit the button for the top floor, after scanning his card again the lift began its ascent.

Back
Top Bottom