Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Shadows of Hyrule (TDM and Gashnaw)

"Shadow Dancers" Shadow responded quietly not bothering to eat, his body was still not requiring nourishment such as the others were, given that it still was not human enough. He was still simply a shadow and while he would become a hylian eventually, at the moment he did not require the simple necessities that Aria would.
"I know them pretty well. Prior to Gannon tossing me in that temple, an you kicking my ass, I was tossed to them. They are, to simply put it, loyal. If they want their king back, they will stop at nothing to get him back. Personally i would have just killed him but i guess that makes you better than me. You let evil manifest with the chance of coming back, I get the job done."

Shadow stood up and looked at the master sword on display. "You should have returned this to the resting place." he said. "Change the past protect the future." Shadow knew that had link returned the sword, he would not exist as Gannon would be sealed away and erased from history. But that also meant Shadow would not be worrying about all this and this conversation would not have happened.

Turning his head to Aria who was busy eating quite a bit of food Shadow laughed "Replenishing some energy from earlier huh? Milk may be very helpful. Plus it will help strengthen those bones." He mocked. Sure while it was over, he agreed to help and wan not planning to attack Aria again. He had his fun, if they ever did get into that situation, he would much rather it be on her terms instead of it being rape.
"Wait what happened?" Link asked
"She was wearing your tunic, I thought it was you and tried to kill her, After finding out it wasn't you changed my plan. She convinced me to come here. Leave it at that unless she wants to share more." Shadow explined
"Why me?" Link asked
"Four years ago we fought and you kicked my ass, I thought i would never see you again and there were only three people i hate, Gannon, The shadow dancers and you. Ironic how now i need to help you due to our common enemy. However, one I deal with Gannon and put him away fro good. We shall duel." He continued "See who should wield the master sword."

"Come on Aria let's go, I travel better at night," Shadow said slinging the sward around his shoulder.

Aria ate the food, her eyes focused on the scene around her. He seemed to think that he was going to run things, but Shadow had a lot of things that would be coming to him. She ate quietly, and accepted the bag that Malon handed her that held supplies. She knew that he was taking the sword, and noticed the way he seemed to strut around like he owned anything Link had. Ganon put away for good would be a good thing, dead or locked up. But what Shadow didn't realize that if Ganon had never existed... Aria would not have ever met him. He would have never existed as he did, either

Her eyes narrowed as Shadow seemed to think he could dictate when she traveled. "Oh, and have you already decided which Temple we are going to? Do you know your way around that well? We still need to borrow his Mirror shield - in case we need it for specific Temples." She commented as she motioned to the Mirror Shield. "Or are you able to mimic that as well?" It seemed that Aria was having none of Shadow's shit at this point. "You may travel well at night, but you also have to remember that you aren't the only one doing this mission. I could give you everything and you could do it on your own - but you don't know this world as well as I do. You've been in the Water Temple for how long?" She said as she gathered her stuff and stepped up toe to toe with him.

She saw the look that Malon gave Link, and the way the pregnant woman giggled as she packed up a few extra bottles of Lon Lon Milk. Slipping them into the bag for the young woman that needed it.

Shadow looked at her then the mirror shield. "I guess I'll take that as well. Along with those boots." Shadow said pointing to the hover boots "and your red tunic, I don't need it but she might. Oh and that big-ass sword." Shadow added looking at the biggorron sword. he then turned back to Aria "Is there anything else m'lady would like" his tone was sarcastic but she was right he did not know his way around and she was going to have to help him.

"Aside form what Malon is giving her i don't think you will need much else, she has her flute, she has the map, you have the equipment." Link explained "I would suggest the forest temple though. You should both be fine there and it will help you guys get use to what you will be facing. They haven't attacked the forest temple yet. So the monsters have not reassembled yet, just protect it. That should be easy enough."

Shadow nodded and then without warning grabbed the bags and lifted Aria of the ground and hoisted her over he shoulder, no caring about ho embarrassed she may be from that display "So tell me which way to go to get to the temple."

Aria wanted to smack him, and she damn well would. Eventually he would be able to feel the pain, and that was when she would retaliate against him for all of the slights he was putting towards her. Her eyes narrowed as she worked on putting her scarf back on, and took the bag from Malon. She could hear Link talking to Shadow, and she huffed just a little. They were lucky they had magical bags, because then they could carry everything they needed. She also had wanted to make a stop in Kakariko village to fill the rest of her bottles with potions that would make things significantly easier. But he seemed dead set on what he wanted to do.

"We can start with the Forest Temple, basic defense is easier. I suppose we shall sneak in, and then figure out our way through the forest. I was there once, in the past, and it is not the easiest path. You can get lost easily, and there is a rather nasty Skull Kid that likes to attack travelers." Aria said as she began to prepare the rest of her stuff. But then her anger was through the roof as Shadow threw her over his shoulder.

"You will put me down immediately, or there will be consequences for your actions." She snarled as she started to kick and punch as hard as she could. She would start stabbing if she needed to, because he was damn well undermining her personal authority and her personal space issues. He was being an absolute ass, and she was more than a little pissed that he was doing this to her. "If you don't put me down, I will not point you in the right direction."

That threat did not phase him at all. Quite frankly she was stuck with him so wherever he went she was going to be carried to the same spot.
"Fine guide me wrong all you want, and get lost with me" he laughed as he carried her with him. However the second hey were out of the ranch he put her down. "Look I want to get this done as soon as possible, you wanting to loaf around will slow us down we can get the temple done quickly and be able to relax after. I want Gannon brought back even less than you do. i bet you never even met the man, i did. So its simple, either move your feet or I will carry you, but I am not going to lag behind." He said calmly and grabbed her bag "So guide us oh directional one" He mocked.

It took them a few hours to reach kokiri village, and they had some kids guarding the entrance. Shadow simply shoved the kid aside as he entered their sacred ground and let Aria guide them to the entrance of the lost woods.
"Hey you can;t just waltz in here and go there" one Kokiri snapped catching up to the two of them.
"Really because I think we just did" Shadow retorted.
"That's not what he means." A girl responded "Its not safe he is warning you about the dangers."

Aria was outraged by his treatment of her, and even when he set her down she leveled him with a glare. She looked off into the distance, trying to remember what the song for the Forest Temple was - but for the life of her she could not remember. She walked, directing him towards the Village of the Kokiri. "So you know, I have more personal interactions with Ganon than I would care to remember." She said in a low voice.

Her banishment, getting locked up, was via trying to seduce the King and murder him. Seduction had failed, and he had realized her ploy before it had even begun. She was locked up in the Temple of Time as punishment. She walked them straight to where they were going, and then rocked back and forth on her feet as the Kokiri spoke to Shadow.

"Apologies for the rudeness of my partner. We are on a very special mission. If you noticed my friend looks a lot like the Hero of Time - Link - he's his twin of sorts, and Link has sent us on a mission to take care of the Temple here." She said as she brought herself to the level of the Kokiri, out of a sign of respect.

The male Kokiri eyeballed the white haired female and then looked back towards the guy. "Yeah, he looks like Link...He's got the sword too..."

"Yes and Like link, we can make it through these woods without a hitch, so don't worry about us" He sighed as he pulled out the biggoron sword. "And if anything does attack us, I'll chop them down to size."
"You're still gonna get lost" the male spat "So go ahead."
Shadow glared at the kid like creature and sighed.

Once they had gotten a little deeper in Shadow sighed "Please tell em you know your way around in here because honestly, I'm not keen on being stuck here for a year."
The benefit of the lost woods however was the depth of the forest, ad the density of the trees, even if they were stuck when the sun rose, at least he would be in enough shadow coverage to not be hindered by the string light.
"Seriously you have a map how do you get through this?"

Aria was dragged off, after he decided to sass and be an absolute ass to one of the few people that could have helped. "Well if you hadn't of treated that creature like a child - we might be getting through this. Kokiri look like children but they are hundreds of years old." Aria snapped at him as she pulled herself to a stop at the same stump they had passed six times. She sat down, huffing a little as she pulled some food out of the bag, giving herself a snack. They had already been wandering for several hours, and this was all his fault that they were lost. She watched him with those angry red eyes, as she chewed on a piece of bread and cheese.

"There is not 'map' for the Lost Woods. There is a pattern, but you have to come here constantly to memorize it. I have never had the chance to travel through this place - not on my own - so I didn't map out the path to here. But if you hadn't of rushed us, AGAIN, we might be getting through this." The woman said as she washed her food down with a sip of milk from the bottle she held. "Not that it matters to you, you can't feel anything... so it makes you feel like you can be a total dick."

Yeah, she was rather bitchy but he had brought it on himself.

"How was I suppose to know they were ancient, they look like children, sound like children, hell they acted like children, thinking they were superior" He sighed and leaned against one of trees while she sat down to eat. He could have been an ass again and rushed her to eat but he was getting the idea that wile he and no need for human necessities she did, and if he wanted to progress, he would have to let her satisfy these needs.
"Oh no you have it all wrong" he explained "See while i have no need for food, or rest, heck i might not even need to breath. And I do not feel pain, emotions are a weakness and really i just don;t have to stop to rest. But when it comes to feel..." he said holding up the hand that had molested her the day prior "Yea, I felt everything." As he said that he noticed a small figure watching them and quickly rushed it.

"What the hell are you?" He asked holding this creature that seemed to be made of wood upside down. "Do you know your way through here?"
The creature did not answer to which Shadow grew annoyed "Look either lead us through this forest or I'll chop you into firewood."
"No don't I'll help" the creature replied quickly.
"See Aria, I could have been nice to those kids, I could have been nice to this thing, but it seems violence and beig evil is getting us where we need to go."

Aria silently ate her food, just glaring at the man that seemed to think that he could just bust his way through everything. He was going to have to learn that violence wasn't always the option. That some of the races they encountered would rather die if it meant that they didn't have to give information. But those same races, with the right application of charm, could be coerced into aiding or helping. She finished her food and started to down more milk. She was watching him, and feeling a strange sense rising through her. As much as she wanted to go against it, she was feeling some sort of strange attraction to the male.

"That's a SkullKid, you moron." Aria said as she picked her bag up and hauled it over her shoulder and strapped it into place. "Yes, but mean to the damn thing. It's nothing big... just the spirit of a kid that got lost and died." She chided him as she walked over to him the skullkid. "Don't mind my idiot Quest-mate... He doesn't know anything but violence. We are trying to get to the Forest Temple, Some very not nice people are trying to bring Ganon Back... " She said as she looked at the little creature.

"I figure you don't want that, you'd rather be able to travel all of the woods - instead of being limited to certain sections because of the monsters his people will bring back, right? Can you guide us to the Forest Temple?"

"Why are you being nice to it? Its a creature and you are a superior being. Its lucky I didn't kill it right off the bat." Shadow replied smugly.
"You're lucky you didn't ill me right off the bat. You're lost and I know how to get to the entrance of the forest temple. We will be stopped by moblins, but if you can take care of them i can guide you through that."
Shadow looked at him confused. "the fuck is a Moblin?"
The skull kid looked at shadow and then at Aria. "Is he serious? How can anyone want to stop Gannon and not know what a Moblin is?"

That sentence annoyed Shadow even more than had already been. Smug little smart ass, if they didn't need him that would have ended the Skull kids life right there, but it seemed Aria was more in touch with the creature. It meant that he had to play nice, as little as felt like doing so.
"Fine, we'll take car of the moblins, you guide us. but if I catch whiff of you trying to lead us astray, I'll slice you down."
"Boy, you must make friends easily" the skull kid replied. "Can I at least walk?"
"Nope" Shadow replied "Not gonna let you run off on us. While Aria might be motivation to stay, I think my intimidation may outweigh her looks."

"You'll catch more flies with honey, than you shall with vinegar." Aria snapped at the male as she looked towards the SkullKid, she hoped that the creature would not curse her for how his companion was acting. She couldn't control Shadow, and that much was obvious. She was going to do her best to help them, but she wasn't completely sure on what would happen in the future.

"Moblins are dangerous creatures, often covered in armor or bearing strong weapons. You have to hit them a lot, usually, to take them down. Some of them are smarter than others, those ones use projectiles instead of swords and shields." She said as she kept walking and then stopped at the argument.

"This is stupid. Put the Skullkid down, you come here." Aria said as she reached into her pouch for a small chunk of rope. Shadowy magic flared across it and she held it out to the creature. "Will you swear, and wear this until we have been guided safely. Upon that I swear that I will not harm you, and I will defend you against my companion if he seeks to harm you. When your task is complete the rope will fall off..." She said as she extended it. "This way you can lead us around, and Shadow doesn't have to be an asshole about you possibly running off."

Shadow just looked at her and then at the skull kid. The skull kid looked at Shadow then at Aria. While it didn;t ike the idea of being on a rope, it sounded better than being in Shadow's grasp.
"For a lovely girl like you, you can tie me up whenever you want" the skull kid responded to which only ended up with him being held upside down by the ankle.
"Watch yourself, She's mine, I don't need some little piece of shit like you going after her. I'll have enough to worry about with the monsters running around"

Sure it sounded like he was claiming Aria as his property but he was referring more to the fact that it was his duty to protect her. Sure he was suppose to be a hero, and slay Gannon. that is why he had teh aster sword. But under that, he felt protecting Aria was his duty as well, regardless of what he did to her in the water temple, that was behind him, her protection was his concern, and having a little creature hit on her was not sitting well with him.

"He makes another comment like that and i will slice him down." Shadow responded as he held the kid still as Aria tied him up. "Serious kid, give me a reason because i want to so badly.
"You should conserve your energy for the Moblins."
"I don't need rest" Shadow sighed "I'm not exactly human."

"I'm not tying you up." Aria said with a slight twitch to the corner of her eye. For a moment she contemplated letting Shadow knock the creature around, mostly because he was getting on her nerves a hell of a lot more than Shadow was at the current moment. She drew in a deep calming breath and tied the small piece of rope around the creatures wrist, and the item shrunk to fit. The shadowy magic would bind him from running away, and he wouldn't be able to leave them till after he had delivered them to the Forest Temple.

"Alright... lead onwards, We will fight the moblins - you stay out of the way." She said to the SkullKid as she turned her attention fully on her partner for the quest. "Don't hurt him because you might mess up the magic I am using. We have to get going, and we have to move faster. I want to make camp and get some rest before we enter the Temple. Link told me, before, that most of the Temples have a small place you can rest just before you enter." She commented as she crossed her arms and then motioned for everyone else to get moving.

She would follow behind everything, and prepare herself. She was better with her throwing knives, but could use her long dagger as a sword - when the need was to be had. But she was also better at sensing the approach of things, and could better guard them from surprise attacks.

"No promises" Shadow sighed and dropped the sword on the kid letting the hilt land directly on the skull and bounce back up as Shadow grabbed it.
"Ow" The kid growled to which Shadow just pointed the tip of the blade at him. "One complaint, and I will slice you down." Which was more than just threat as Shadow did not like the skull kid.

The pair were led to the lost woods labyrinth and Shadow could hear the grunt on the moblins on patrol.
"Well this is it. The Temple is just beyond here." The skull kid said calmly "Can I go now?"
"Sure" Shows smirked and tossed the kid into the maze itself only to hear a large snort as he watched a Moblin charge by the entrance rushing the kid.
"Aggressive creature aren't they?" Shadow laughed as he pulled out his Sword and waited for the next moblin walk by before slicing it down.
"Come on, let's go. While I could probably hack these guys down all day long, I rather get to the temple."

"Oh come on, cut the shit, Shadow." Aria muttered as they walked through the woods. Getting through the Lost Woods was the hard part, but with the Skull Kid they managed. She even took time to memorize the pattern that they took, so she could reverse it to get them out. Though technically they could use the music of another Temple to get away. Unfortunately some of the temples musical platforms had been destroyed, so they would have to discover other ways to get to them.

"Yes, they are aggressive, like another individual I know." Aria said dryly as she ran her hand over her bangs to put them back into order. Her eyes narrowed as she stuck to the back still. Shaking her head a little as she followed after him. She hated that she couldn't do this herself, but there was some things that could only be taken out by that sword. Which was something she was not qualified to wield. "Well we are getting there at least. .." She muttered as she shifted just a little.

"Hey, what about getting up on the top of the hedges here? They look solid enough to jump across. Could avoid the Moblins completely?"

Shadow was about to have fun slicing down these big beasts when she mentioned the hedges. Perhaps that would be quicker but he really wanted to let out some aggression as the other option he saw was not going to be readily available anytime soon Besides he already damn well near raped her, so he doubted she would willingly spread hr legs for him.

"I'll give ya a boost if you want, but I figured I would slay these bastards." He laughed and combed a hand through his hair before twirling the two swords in his hands showing off a bit. "But i guess a boost would also keep you out of the way for now."
He heard teh clunking of another moblin make it around the corner and poked his head out just to see it charge and as it passed him stuck out both sword slicing the moblin cleanly as both blades were dripping with fresh blood.

Turning back to her she would see the same expression he had when she had first met him, the one he had just before pinning her down and molesting her body. However unlike before she was not his focus this time, instead it was more like he was focused on the kill. "So take the boost, or stick behind me while I cut these bastards down to size." With that he rushed forwards and jumped at the wall and off of it disappearing behind the corner for a second with a moment later a head of a pig-man rolling into view. "Its actually a little too easy. They make too much noise, there is no surprise"

Aria rolled her eyes and gave him a rather strange look. "You think I need a boost to get up there? I'll meet you at the end... " She said as she stepped back for a moment and gauged the space. As soon as he cut down his next moblin she ran down the pathway and jumped into the air, pushing herself off of the wall in front of her and pushing off backwards in the direction of one of the ledges nearby so she could get an extra boost to grab it.

"See you there, I'll have to make camp and rest, but we should get into the temple soon." She called down to him rather cheerfully, it seemed strange that she was cheerful - given all the recent stuff. But she had basically just done something that was probably unexpected of her. But then again she was a Shiekah and that meant she could perform things that other people could not.

Back
Top Bottom