Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Cairo by night (thedutchess + tatcon)

"I am never alone Victoria, I just haven't found anyone worthy of sharing the rest of my unlife with." He replied at first, eating a bit more of his food before finishing his rather bitter coffee. "And I realized my dreams, so they were not forgotten or withered. Back home I own multinational corporations, and as I've gotten older, I've received more money, and I can pursue any other dreams that come up as they go. So you see, from your perspective, I may seem like an empty vessel of decadence only bouncing around without purpose. But such is not the case, not in the least." He said with a small shrug as he worked a bit more on his food.

If you havn't found anyone yet, then you are alone, because the people you encounter will leave your life as quickly as they had come, and maybe someone else will come along, but it is your life i don't want to ruin your cycle " she said before finishing her food and sipping her water slowly.

"There's another naive view little miss, thinking that I am alone when I don't have someone to call my own. I have friends, I have a brother, lovers need not be forever, because they never are." He replied as his arms crossed over chest once again. "I have no doubt that someone will come along, but I hate to say it Victoria, it isn't you." Maybe that last bit was too harsh, but the fact of the matter remained. She was not going to be the one to buckle him down to the life of romance she so conveyed in her words.

She paused and didn't look at him till after a while before she wiped her mouth with her napkin gracefully before standing up slowly and pushing in her chair, " im done " she wasn't a violent person so she usually just left it alone, she hated fighting and she didn't want to discuss it any further, if she hadn't charmed him by now then there was no point in her being here, she walked back to the inn and closed the door sharply behind her and started to gather her things up to pack for in the morning, she looked at his jacket and left it alone on the chair slinging her bag over her shoulder easily and grabed her own jacket before walking out easily and moving down the steps moving to the desk clerk and checking out giving him a fake smile before walking out and flung her things into her car and climbed in starting it up, she sat there for a moment and then drove off heading for the air strip.

This time, he didn't come after her, and he didn't speak into her mind. She was allowed to her choices, and all he could do was let a grin pass over his lips. "As the world turns..." he said to himself before standing, climbing into her opened window to recover his jacket before vacating the premises once again. Peace and quiet had fallen over the world again, and as he returned to the banks of the Nile, he allowed a little smile to pass over his lips as he saw the moon rippling on the water's surface.

"We're only ever alone when we wish to be so." He quipped to himself.

She breathed softly choking back a sob and rubbing the back of her neck firmly, who was he to say that she wasn't good enough, he was a cold hearted jerk and who ever did win him she wished them the best of luck, she rubbed her face slightly and held back tears like she usually did, she kept her feelings locked inside her and she felt cold, she saw the air strip and the awaiting plane to take her back to washington she stopped and got out of the car grabbing her things and walking towards the plane, she walked slow listening and hanging onto false hope but when she was inside sitting down all she could hear were her own thoughts and the sounds of people and the plane, she closed her eyes and leaned her head back slightly keeping that frown on her face, she jumped when one of the crew member gave her a piece of paper, she took it and opened it, a letter from her father, oh fun, she let her eyes scan the latter before groaning and tossing the letting away, " great another event with some big company that father is in business with" she said to herself before buckling up as the plane started and took off towards washington.

He looked over his shoulder as he saw the plane departing away and over the Mediterranean, and then Tatcon looked to the town clock, just to see the time. "Four hours." He said to himself, as if he was planning something and someone was there writing it down. In a few moments, someone would, as he found a nearby payphone, and proudly announced that his vacation was over, and he was going to be coming back shortly. The private, blacked out jets would be prepared, and he would be home by the following evening.

"I want to be a part of it..New York, New York.." he sang to himself as he started the somewhat long walk towards the airport. It didn't matter to him, he had all the time in the world.

The Flight was sort of long and she knew her father would be waiting for her, she showered and made herself look presentable, she acctully cleaned up rather nicly smoothing the long dress over her hips and looked at herself in the mirror, she turned around slightly looking at her back side, the dress was backless with a silver chain draping elegantly under her shoulder blades, the black sequin dress framed her figure beautifully, she slipped her shoes on and started on her hair, it was quite easy to do by flipping her hair to the side to expose her scalp , she placed a large black fake flower in her hair and made her curls look rather soft, she did her make up and sprayed some perfume on hearing the piolet over the loud speaker, she moved back to her seat and buckled in awaiting the landing, when they did land she walked downt he steps picking up her dress as she walked and met her father at the limo, the driver held her hand as she slid in and saw her father in his tux, she looked at him then turned her head to look out the window. " Victoria..." her father said, " Father..." she spoke calmly before feeling her fathers hand take hers and kiss her knuckles before leaving her be for the rest of the ride, when they pulled up she waited for him to open the door, she climbed out and hooked her hand with his arm gently as she climbed the steps.

Tory would already be at the gala event, having flown into New York a few hours previous, and then been spirited down here by his own whims and his fancy little car. To him the flight was a delight, he had slept the whole way, as he usually did and now he was back out in the social realms which served quite frequently as his hunting grounds. Women had such a weakness for money and confidence, especially in settings like this.
Of course, he wasn't dressed like a man of money, never had really been one for suits and ties, instead he was there with his black hair pulled carefully back into a clean ponytail, the red streak on the side looking quite dramatic with his hair done as such. Swapping his lazy garb, he at least had a black pin-stripped dress shirt on, though the sleeves were rolled up to his elbow, and the top two buttons had been left undone, exposing the intricate tattoos on the bare skin that she had become so very aware of. For the moment he was hanging out by the bar, drinking a variety of things to just gauge the tastes. That would be when his assistant would chime in, stepping close to his shoulder to whisper quietly into his ear.
"The president of the company has arrived..brought his daughter with him." the young man said, as Tory turned around to look at the gaggle forming around the newcomers. He would spot her almost immediately, and chuckle.
"Let them make their introductions and acquaintances, they'll be over this way soon enough." He mused as he swirled a glass of expensive whiskey in his hand.

She hadn't seen him nor was she even looking for him, she would put on a fake smile as they desended the staires with her father and was led around with him, she only wished her mother were still alive then she wouldn't have to worry about coming to such events, she would smiled and let the other men kiss her hand and talk with her, she spoted someone looking at her a young man in a tux with messy dark hair and a pair of glasses sitting on his nose, she turned her head away from him not buying into any of this, she slipped away from her father a moved through the crowd of people moving towards the balcony, she heard foot steps and turned looking back seeing the young man following her and coming up beside her " what a lovly site you are" he said giving a smile to her and placing his hand on the small of her strong back " i have missed you Victoria you left unanounced so quickly, you left no note or even wind of where you went, what have you been doing this past month?" she turned to looked at him and moved his hand away from her back " First off Lancet do not touch me, and i don't have to tell you where i go or what i do, you are living in a fantasy where we are together, you are self centered and only care about your image, you would only consider being with me because of my father, and i was traveling for my work" lancet got this disgusted look on his face " oh yes you like to dig in the dirt and what not, lets say we leave here and go to my hotel room that i have booked for the evening " she rolled her eyes and when he got close to her she moved away heading back into the party but her stoped her arm and she looked back at him " you are making a grave mistake victoria, you could have a life of luxury with out a care in the world and you are just going to throw that away by walking away from me, how dare you" he flung towards her cheek and the sharp pain came, she backed up towards the wall placing her sore cheek to the wall and turned around taking her elbow and impaling it with his stomach once he came close to her, she tripped him much like she did Tory making him fall flat on his back, she looked down at him before walking away holding her cheek.

A good commotion was hard for him to ignore, and so it was that he had followed her out towards the balcony when he saw the rather annoying looking man go after her. As the drama unfolded, Tory had leaned against the archway leading out onto the balcony, knowing full well that what this boy was trying to do would not go over well, and the girl could handle herself. He couldn't repress a small smirk when the guy slapped her, more from knowing he was going to be eating his behind for such a movement if he wanted to continue in his actions.

As their scuffle came closer towards him, he would move away from his small perch, and as she walked away back towards the party, she would probably run into his chest, and immediately he would wrap his arms around her tightly. "Oh dear Victoria! There you are! I was so worried about you when you left Egypt! Is this snotty man causing you problems?" He said in a kind, reassuring voice as he held her close and safely, piercing dark blue eyes looking at the fallen man as if asking him to make a move, and reassuring in the same look that such an action would almost certainly be a death sentence.

She froze when he wrapped his arms around her, she couldn't comprehend why he was here but she had to follow along now, she turned back to look at the man on the ground as he scrambled to get his glasses " victoria you know this man?" she paused for a moment looking at both of them " yes i do.....quite well acctully" she said calmly her spine shivering slightly and she knew tory knew why, then she was forced to tell a fib " we are together and i would greatly appreciate it if you left me and him alone....permantly" she added and watched him glare slightly and cautiously moved away from them going through the other set of double doors, she watched and waited before pulling away from him looking up at his face " what are you doing here, don't you think you have hurt me enough, why can't you do my a favor and just stay away from me" she said sharply, she could feel her cheek still stinging from the slapp and it felt like it was swelling a bit, she placed her hand on her cheek and winced slightly " damn" she cursed softly and started to head back in to get some ice.

"You're the one who came to mine and I suppose your father's companies gala." He said amusedly, as he walked along with her to reach the bar to get some ice. "I wouldn't have expected you to be here either, so I suppose our surprise is mutual." He continued, asking for a damp cloth and a few ice cubes in it for the pretty lady. The bartender would return and hand it to her, as Tory turned to look out on the crowd. "So it seems that creeps of various sorts seem to follow you around quite a bit eh? And then fate delivers another one for you to run into, isn't that just crazy." He continued, kind of rambling on a bit as he had when they first met.

"..you chose to take it as me hurting you, when in realistic terms you should never have expected what you did. You knew what I was about, but still you decided to fight the current and got swept away. It's an easy mistake to make, but don't act hurt when it happens."

She looked at him holding the ice to her face and wincing slightly " look at it from my perspective Tory, i never wanted to see you because you hurt me, yes i knew what you were about when you first spoke to me, but that changed for me, but im not all about hooking up for a few days, im a woman that has certain expectations, and im sorry im not good enough for you, now please just leave me alone, for my sake please" she said quietly and turned away from him avoiding her fathers searching eyes for her, she didn't want him to see her with an almost swollen cheek so she retired to a room to sit on her own, she just wanted to go back to her home but she had to wait till tomorrow, she sighed softly and placed the make shift ice pack on her leg gently and pulled her pin out of her hair and threw it against the wall and messing up her long hair to let it lay naturly, she sighed softly and placed the ice pack on her face again and putting her arm over her eyes and leaning back in the plushy chair.

There was no point in following her and pushing the issue, she had placed her expectations where she shouldn't have, and sadly she was not paying the price. She knew what he was, why he did what he did, but she proceeded anyway, bringing about her own downfall, though it would be easier for her to blame him. He didn't care, he had big shoulders, so as she disappeared away into the room, Tory got to work doing his needed PR bullshit, shaking hands with her father, who looked at his with distrust, fear and annoyance, because he was an apparently young boy with tattoos, piercings and without a suit shaking HIS hand because they were to become trade partners. On a surface level, many people had a hard time seeing Tory as an equal.

He didn't care, he had big shoulders, and these people would die away long before he'd stop owning the company, he just wouldn't make himself obvious when he was expected to be old and wrinkled. Disappear from the world to emerge forty years later when you've been forgotten, and begin anew.

She hid away for a while then emerged from the room just as her father spoted her, she still had a red cheek but it had gone down a good bit since she had the ice on it and such, she looked to her father who was grumbling towards her " that young man isn't fit to run that company, its out ragious letting someone like him in" she looked at him and asked him who he was talking about, when he gestered towards Tory she paused and glared at her father, " Father do not judge him by his exterior he is a far better owner than you will ever be or even dream of being, and he isn't a bad guy, just because he has tattoo's and piercing's doesn't not make him any less than the man he is, now i am tired from my flight i am ready to go home so if you will excusse me " she turned from him and drew down the bottom of her dress to show her star tattoo, her father saw and he could of been a bullfrog in another life with how large he swelled up and turned red, she continued to walk calling the driver to come and pick her up, she knew full well that her and her father rode together but that didn't matter he would call his chopper of something to come get him, she rode off closing her eyes and leaning against the door of the limo gently heading back to her plane to take her to her home.

Back
Top Bottom