Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What game are you playing now?

Metal Gear Solid V. It's the first I've ever played, and I just bought it today after hearing so many good things. Here's hoping.

Also, Destiny, also a first time play. Got addicted to it, and leveled up to 18 in one night. Who needs sleep?

Bladestorm: Nightmare. A good game, if not top shelf. It's a remaster of Bladestorm, which adds a fantasy element and overhauls some of the graphics. Out of all of the remasters out there, this is probably the one with the most bang for you buck. It not only improves the original game, but also adds an entirely new mode. However, it's marred with technical issues, and the PC port isn't exactly well done.

Metal Gear Online 3. This is textbook bad multiplayer. Absolutely no thought went into this, and the result is a buggy, broken, laggy game. I'm a fucking idiot, so I still pick it up from time to time.

Mitsu said:
Metal Gear Online 3. This is textbook bad multiplayer. Absolutely no thought went into this, and the result is a buggy, broken, laggy game. I'm a fucking idiot, so I still pick it up from time to time.

Well, that certainly sucks. Any news on fixes or updates for it?

Hoping so by the time the PC version gets released, now I'm not too terribly upset that I am waiting for it. Though, I shouldn't be surprised by that because of what happened with the ending being cut from the main story.

None yet, Relix. I wouldn't expect too many big changes. It's being made by a studio that was probably hastily formed by a production company that doesn't care about video games. Konami no longer has any respect for the medium, and they have zero interest in the dignity or legacy of their franchises. If the LA studio that made this game is given the time and resources to fix this game, properly, I will be very surprised. There are fundamental flaws in how it works, and sufficient changes would require an extensive overhaul. I would speculate that they are instead focused on producing new content to be sold as DLC, and "fixing" the game is not a priority. I would expect changes to values (gun damage, accuracy, ect), but nothing major.

I finally had the time to finish Wasteland 2, though I just saw that previous Steam owners received the Director's Cut. At some point I could see myself going through another play through with the new perk system, but in a few days Divinity: Original Sin is releasing their Extended Edition as well, and I have yet to finish that game. I have a habit of adding to an already large Steam library without finishing games >.>

This War of Mine. Because I need more depressing things in my life, clearly. :p Seriously though, great game, horribly addicting to me.

Fallout 4 is the obvious one that I'm playing. I'm enjoying it, but like all sequels these days, it feels like one step forward and one step back from the previous title. Presentation has improved, but other aspects of the game have either gotten worse or have stagnated. Still a good game.

The other game I've been playing is Bound by Flame. It's about as mediocre of a game as it can get. It doesn't do anything especially poorly, but it doesn't do anything extremely well either. Bound by Flame is just like a B-Movie that you can't help but watch despite none of it being award winning. I got it for five bucks, and it's well worth it.

I got back into Don't Starve thanks to Don't Starve Together. Trying to teach my friends how to play.

xanaphia said:
I got back into Don't Starve thanks to Don't Starve Together. Trying to teach my friends how to play.

I tried so hard to get into that fucking game. I have it on my Vita, and it's well-regarded, but I only got a gold nugget two or three times, and only managed to actually build a workbench once (and was immediately annihilated by ground tentacles that emerged without warning). Am I missing something obvious, or is it just that sort of game?

Mitsu said:
Fallout 4 is the obvious one that I'm playing. I'm enjoying it, but like all sequels these days, it feels like one step forward and one step back from the previous title. Presentation has improved, but other aspects of the game have either gotten worse or have stagnated. Still a good game.

The other game I've been playing is Bound by Flame. It's about as mediocre of a game as it can get. It doesn't do anything especially poorly, but it doesn't do anything extremely well either. Bound by Flame is just like a B-Movie that you can't help but watch despite none of it being award winning. I got it for five bucks, and it's well worth it.

I've been playing the hell out of Fallout 4 (with a bit of Battlefront mixed in) and I know what you mean. I do appreciate how they fixed a lot of the little annoyances about the game like looting etc, but the settlement building system just seems kind of under developed.

On a side note, who is that in your avatar/sig? Absolutely gorgeous

If it would have been New Vegas with a fresh coat of paint, some improved AI, a voiced player, and a new loaction, I would would have been very happy. New Vegas had a better atmosphere, better weapon selection, and a more interesting political conflict. If they would have had something that equaled the fued between the NCR and Ceaser's Legion, plus the Institute and the Synth thing (have it all work together), then Fallout 4 would have really gone over the top. Also, settlement building is seriously lacking. They should have held off on it in this game, and attempted to throw it into the next game after refining it a bunch.

I have no clue who the woman in my set is. You can find the music video here.

Probably because it tied so closely with their idea of the Minutemen faction, and they wanted to ride the momentum of the ever-popular crafting games. Create something that the casual observer would find deep and complex, tie it heavily into an entire faction questline, and you have a large chunk of the game that is easy to direct and will attract customers. Releasing it as DLC would have been a top-tier DLC, but bundling it with the game initially is a huge talking point.

"Dude, the new Fallout has crafting and settlement building!"

The hype was already there, but now you have a shiny new talking point outside of: Huge, Expansive, Exploration, Post-Apocalyptic.

Back
Top Bottom