Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

School Rumble (Broom and I)

"Great!" Jana grinned, pleased as a content cat as she wrapped her arms around one of Mei's with that beautiful grin of hers. "You're the best, Mei! I knew I could count on you!" It looked less like Mei was walking Jana to their dorm, and more like Jana was dragging Mei to her doom. Either way, people around Central had adjusted quickly to their shenanigans. Jana seemed indifferent to her reputation, and...everyone else was too afraid of Mei to actually say anything about it anyway.

People always talked, after all. And it was quite likely everyone was wondering what the hell they were seeing all the way to their dorm room.

Once they ended up in their dorm room, Mei closed and locked the door. She then proceeded to close the curtains as if she was paranoid of spies or something. Finally, she turned to Jana and walked up to her. Her face started to turn into that cute cherry red despite the glare she was giving Jana as if she was doing something wrong...but she eventually extended her arms and then gave her a brief hug, holding it for only a few seconds before attempting to pull back.

Jana was immensely confused as to what the hell Mei was doing, and even more confused when Mei was glaring at her, and then...she blinked in puzzled surprise before she grinned widely, and threw her arms around Mei in an affectionate hug, pulling her close. She needed to know what a hug was for, for comfort...for letting you know you weren't alone, and it was okay to be vulnerable.

"This is how you hug," Jana said gently. "Okay?"

Mei gasped when Jana grabbed her and squeezed her tightly. "H-hey!" She protested, though she couldn't help but feel the warmth coming from Jana's body. It...really did feel nice. So she let Jana hug her before she closed her eyes and gave in. "..I know how to hug." Mei seemed to be pouting, but...it didn't seem like she hated the hug really.

"Uh huh..." Jana said quietly, rubbing her back. "Whenever you need one, let me know, okay?" she smiled, pulling back a little to settle her hands on her shoulders. "It's probably really hard being the Ice Queen...but in here, you can be Mei. I'm your partner, remember? So I need to make sure you're always one hundred percent."

Mei shuddered slightly upon feeling Jana's hand rub her back. Though still, she did not pull away. Once Jana broke the hug, Mei looked up at her...her gaze much softer than before. What did she mean by that? That she could be Mei while she was in here? Ice Queen..Mei...they were the same person, right?

Wrong.

Her own thought scared her. She had just admitted to herself that she wasn't the cold, unfeeling woman that everyone thought she was. She wanted to be, but she wasn't. And that very thought caused tears to sting at her eyes. Before she knew it, something hot and wet streamed down her pale cheek. She brought her hand up to her face and realized far too late that she was crying. But why?

Jana tilted her head a little in concern, thumb brushing against her other cheek. She had never seen Mei's eyes look like that, and...quite frankly...all she felt like she could do was hug her again, pulling her close.

"Hey, it's okay," Jana assured, hand on her head. "Everything is okay, Mei...I can't imagine how hard it is." Trying so hard to not...feel anything, to not be normal.

Mei was still confused, though when she felt Jana hug her once more...well the tears kept coming. She wasn't even making noise, she was just...crying. The words her partner gave her only served to make things worse...or better. However way she wanted to look at it. For a moment she was still. Though suddenly, her arms moved by themselves and wrapped around Jana. "I'm fine...I don't need you to tell me that things are okay. I know they are okay. Nothing is hard...I'm fine. I'm fine, damn it!" How she wished those words were actually true. Though they were quite the opposite, and she wasn't even sure why she was still trying to lie to herself and the only person in years who had wanted to be her friend.

That was a grip she had, Jana was almost surprised to feel it as she continued to stroke her hair gently, giving her a faint smile. "Right," she said casually. "People cry when everything is okay, right?" she teased gently. "It's okay, Mei...really...I know there's a girl in there who is trying so hard to come out, it's okay to do that here, I promise...your secret is always going to be safe with me."

Ugh..she really wanted to believe her. She wanted to believe Jana, and just open herself up all the way. But this..this was all she could do. This was the only emotion she could really show Jana. Mei wasn't ready to actually be honest, not just to her partner but to herself. So she just stood there until her tears stopped, and then she let her go. "I trust you with my tears...but that's the only thing I can give you right now." She told her as she wiped the corner of her eyes.

"Good enough," Jana smiled faintly. "Now harden up, Ice Queen...your day isn't over yet, but I'll be here when you're done, okay? Be careful out there."

"Yeah. I shouldn't be too long though. Hopefully at least one of those boys in the research department is still doing work up there." Mei was already completely back to normal, though her eyes were a bit red. She gave Jana a nod and then left their dorm room. Mei needed the numbers and addresses of the people on this list. She was going to do some reconnaissance.

Jana watched her go with a faint sigh, then opened the curtains up again as she flopped back on her bed. She didn't want to admit it...but seeing her like that...it broke her heart. What kind of girl went through that, to do that to herself? She supposed the only thing she could do was offer support when she wanted it. But to more cheerful topics, she slid out her phone and shot Justin a quick text:-Hey, you still breathing?-
--

Unsurprisingly, Adam was still there, although everyone else had gone home. He was busy working on a few things that he didn't have time to finish when he heard the tell-tell click of Mei's heels. He glanced up, his glasses reflecting the computer screen. "Evening, Mei...working the graveyard shift tonight?"

Justin had gone home without too much trouble but that fight earlier made him sore as hell. When he heard his phone vibrate on the coffee table he growled and then grabbed it, opening his tired eyes. Though to his pleasant surprise, it was Jana.

Barely. Those guys fucked me up. How are you, beautiful?

"You could say that." Mei told Adam as she approached him, slipping her hand into the pocket of her sweater. "If you're here..you're probably working on your own thing. I hate to ask you this, but..." Wait..why did she say that? She normally didn't care if she imposed on her classmates. She must have been in a strange mood. "I need you get me some phone numbers and addresses of these four students. That's all I need, but if you dig up anything else that you think is of concern, you're more than welcome to share." She gave him the piece of paper with the student names that Nicholas provided to her.

Jana smiled a little bit, and flipped her phone around to hike her bra and shirt up, blowing him a kiss as she took the picture and sent it. There, if that didn't cheer him up, nothing would.

Here's your reward for having a spine, handsome. Feel better, I'll see you soon...and lay as low as you can for now. Things were getting bad...and she didn't want her lovable little rat to get busted.
--

"...Sure," Adam said, glancing at her a moment. Hate to ask him? Well, he didn't mind when she asked anyway but...ah, it's late. Even Ice Queens get tired, right? "Give me a minute, I'll see what I can find." he smiled, motioning to one of the seats as he closed off his work to open up a new tab. "Where did you get these, anyway?" He recognized some of them, but he had never really dug too deep.

Jana would experience a pretty moderate delay before getting a text back from Justin. How am I supposed to feel better when you're not here to take care of what you just did to me? Come see me now, Princess. Then another text followed soon after it. A picture message that showed her exactly what she did to him. Justin seemed to think his naked flesh would entice his girlfriend to find her way back to him.

Mei sat herself down in a seat that wasn't too far off from Adam, crossing her legs and folding her arms underneath her chest. "Nicholas Trevlyn gave me these names after I called him out for him gathering a bunch of really good fighters for his supposedly peaceful cause."

Sorry, no can do...I'm already in deep shit as it is, Jana smirked. If you're going to show me that gross dick, show the rest of you too. She was going to show Mei that she could handle dealing with the punishments of her actions, and...well. She didn't know if her partner would need her again when she came back, she wasn't going to take the risk of breaking her heart like that. She needed a shower anyway, and some time to recharge her batteries.
--

"Not suspicious at all, right?" Adam said dryly. "Let's see...Kent Minske," he said, bringing him up on the big screen. He was a handsome looking kid, definitely rough around the ages with a bush of blonde hair on his head that probably broke combs, and a cocksided grin on his face. "American, family moved to Turuga about...ten years ago. Amateur Boxer, an air user...hm, interesting. He's from Green. Got a decent combat record, passable grades...few minor infractions for starting fights, but nothing serious. Typical rough guy stuff, spends more time at the gym than at school."

Justin totally went soft at that response. This was an abusive relationship, and if Jana wasn't so damn cute he'd probably go off on her. Wasn't gross when you were shoving it to the back of your throat. Fine, but this long distance relationship is already depressing me. Then, he snapped a picture of his disappointed face and sent it off to her.

Mei got up and picked up the chair, bringing it over so that she would be sitting right next to Adam. Not that she was doing it to be close to him..no, she just wanted to get a close look at the students faces so she'd know who she would be tailing for a while. "Hmm..." She seemed to be deep in thought about something, but no words left her mouth.

It's been a few days, Justin. You're fine. Stop bitching and get some rest. I'll see you soon. Honestly...give a boy some sex and he makes a mile out of it. It's bad enough she found him hot, he didn't have to remind her he was a scummy pervert. Ah well...can't pick who you like, sometimes.

Adam blinked a little bit in surprise. Mei was...attractive, to put it mildly, beautiful if he was being honest. He certainly wasn't the only guy that thought so, either. Another pressing issue was that she smelled really, really good. "...So..." Adam said after a moment, swallowing. "...This guy seem familiar to you?"

A few days without my Princess is an eternity. Oh yeah, Justin was a bit of a pervert..but what teenaged boy wasn't? Besides, he could be romantic when he wanted to. It's what made him pretty popular with the opposite sex in the first place. Though ever since he had gotten together with Jana, he only felt like being that way with her.

That smell could have been anything, the perfume that she wore, the shampoo she used, the detergent she washed her clothes with...or even just..her. She was a very cleanly girl. Not that Mei would realize it, but her usual stiff expressionless self had changed ever so slightly. Especially after that crying session she had earlier with Jana. It was a subtle change, but definitely noticeable to those around her. She looked more..human. When Adam asked her if Kent was familiar, she turned to look him in the eyes. "Mmnn..yes and no. Problem is his kind looks all the same to me. Though, if he has only been guilty of minor infractions, I doubt I know him." After she was done speaking to Adam, she turned back to his screen to drill the information in her head, not to mention his face.

Jana smirked in amusement at that, simply telling him good night before she went to get a shower. Well, the jackass knew how to be mushy when he wanted to be, how about that? She'd reward him later, right now...she was just happy to shower, and slip on a pair of panties and a shirt before she collapsed in her bed with a pleased groan. Oh man...she had no idea how tired she was until then...
--

Adam swallowed faintly at that, clearing his throat. After a while, he decided to drum up the next one. Oh, Adam knew this one...a lot of people did. Lili Masenbach. Green hair, yellow eyes...eyes that always looked like she was on the prowl for blood. "Grade B Minus, a student of Blue...not that you'd know. Her family is a bunch of stock traders from out of town, and she's pretty much got free reign to do whatever she wants. A Metal User...and a gigantic pain, she's got a rap sheet three miles wide. Her combat record is impressive, too...how in the world did Nicholas get her?" This was starting to feel worse and worse...

"He's a very charismatic man. He strikes me as someone who knows how to manipulate others using their past experience." After all, he had nearly shaken her up by asking her a question she knew everything about. She just didn't let him shake her up. Mei scanned through her combat record and sighed softly. Even though Mei was a solid B while this woman was a B-, she was a threat to her. If they were really going to attack...Mei would have to take this one out first. Metal was a harsh and unforgiving element. "Though, I doubt someone with a rap sheet that long is interested in anything peaceful..."

"I doubt it either, unless she's suddenly decided she hates beating people up," Adam said, flicking over to the next one. It was a younger girl, with eyes that...used to remind Adam of Mei, but today? He wasn't quite sure. "This one concerns me a little," Adam admitted. "Kaka Kuki, sixteen years old...with a documented one hundred and seventy battles. She's on our most wanted...problem is, she's an orphan." he murmured. "Sad stuff, the only thing she has left is her families offshoot of Iaijutsu, she's a hit girl, as it were...people pay her to fight their battles for her. As far as we know, she's never been part of any of the schools. Nobody's really talked to her...so I'm wondering how he pulled this one off. Or how much he paid her."

The more they dug, the deeper the feeling in Adam's gut got...

That also concerned Mei. Now she knew why that particular name sounded familiar. Kuki had fought so many battles it would have been hard for her not to have heard her name at least once. If Nicholas paid this girl, then perhaps she would be one of his less loyal subjects. "Don't know where this one is, huh?" Mei felt like she might get somewhere with this one...even if she did seem a bit dangerous. Though if Adam didn't know where she was, then she'd be hard to find...

"I have a few ideas, based on the reports of her fights." Adam murmured. "It's possible she has a place to stay somewhere in Red...she's a C plus, Mei. Same level as Jana, you might not want to go in there without some help...of course, the C plus might not even be accurate, either. For all we know, she's higher than that. I'll do a little digging, see if I can't find a few possible locations for you."

Back
Top Bottom