Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Specials: Main Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calypso looked up at the board, of course they were impossible questions. The young lady answered the first few, then began struggling for answers. Finally giving up as she reached the last few. Calypso pulled her phone out of her pocket, and glanced at the message. Immediately her eyes rose to the good Doctor. She smirked and rolled her eyes, replying shortly.

Whatever you say.

She placed her phone back into her pocket, and went over her answers once more. Archon's class may have been one of the toughest, but it was also one of her favorites. He made sure they had a good idea what was going on in study sessions, and he was an entertaining teacher. Calypso glanced at the other student, "So like... you control fire? That's cool."

"I hope you have a good day too." he responded. It was more a formality than a true sentiment, both of them running down the list of social obligations. That's how trivial even human interactions have become in the detention facility. "Hey..." he said as she walked away, but decided to drop it. He went to the mess hall to grab his own breakfast, grabbing an assortment of fresh fruit that were laid out, before taking them to the main recreational hall.

Marcos hadn't thought of that, could he be resistant to fire everywhere? He never had enough time to check. Storing this information for later, he returned his attention back to the board. He couldn't understand half of this stuff, he wondered if everyone in this school is just as smart as this doctor. He tried to do as many of the questions as he could, but he was sure that he couldn't.

Peeking at the other student in the classroom, he noticed how attractive she was. He tried not to look to long but he couldn't help himself. He often had trouble dealing with the opposite sex, especially if they talked to him. Which is exactly what she did.

"Huh? Oh yeah, I guess...." He replied to her, Deciding that at this new place he would be more social he asked back, "What's your power?"

The girl yawned yet again as she set her things down in the girl's side of the showering installation, stripping down and running warm water, that wasn't so warm. She shivered, then hurried through her shower seeing that the water refused to warm up. The girl grumbled as she got out about fifteen minutes later, as short as she could make washing up and other womanly daily rituals. She rubbed and patted herself dry before pulling on a new set of undies, and then slipped into her V-neck red shirt, and semi-loose black yoga pants.

She smiled, and put her other things up for the moment, until she got to the section of the facility where there were outlets. She blew-dry her hair, and brushed it out straight. Then she walked slowly back to her room, placed her things in their proper places. Took a small load of laundry to the laundry room, and started it. Then the girl left for the gym, where she walked into the small dance room, lined with mirror walls, and plugged her Iphone into the small sound system. She played an upbeat song with missing lyrics, and began to dance. She'd do this for an hour, making up choreography as she went. Not really caring if it looked good, or stupid. Just wanting to do something that was cardio without running on a treadmill.

Calypso smiled, "I'm a shape-shifter. I favor canine and feline shapes. The occasional serpent. I had a lot of time to practice before this... Kept me out of jail mainly." Her hazel eyes flashed with that mischievous spark, she really missed the outside world. Feeling so numb in here, even being off of the controlled substances she once depended on.

"But I'm a reformed bad-girl sadly. This place is too strict for even me to crack." Her eyes dulled out again, and she slumped into her seat. Arms crossed.

He continued to hit the exercise bike hard, his muscles cramping and burning at the calves as he begun to slow down. The machine chimed to his heart rate which it detected from two sensors that were each placed in the handles in the palms of his hands. Sweat continued to bead at his forehead again, the pace that the machine set being a lot higher than he had originally planned to perform. Someone had changed all the preset routines on the exercise bike and, through sweat drops on the monitor, he saw that the resistance of the bike was up by another five bars in the last three minutes of the routine. He continued to push down on the pedals hard, his breath short, pulse racing, the minutes counting down by the second before him.

The machine beeped, confirming that the routine was indeed over, and that he should rest. The lack of sound left nothing, but the sound of his heart beating frantically against his rib-cage, a sound that was echoed in his ears as the blood continued to pound as it circulated through his head. He stopped to focus, letting his body catch-up, breathing in short, shallow breaths. As his ears begun to normalize, he realized that it was not just his head that was pounding, but the sounds of music coming from the small dance room off one of the main halls of the small compact gyms.

Curious, he got off the bike, legs weak and like jelly under him, as he made his way cautiously to where the music originated. Peaking in through the arch of the door, he saw the same girl from this morning dancing, her body mirrored across the four mirrored walls of the room.

"Cute" he said, watching her perform dance aerobics. It wasn't very often that this room had been used, the majority of the people using it having never been formally trained to perform, and thus most were self conscious of it. He drew in closer to her. He didn't have to like her, but there was no point hating her either. He hadn't been introduced to her, having only recently come back from being away at a medical facility for research purposes. It was with a cautious curiosity that he approached her before speaking once more.

"Other than our awkward chance meetings today, we haven't really had a chance to introduce ourselves. I am Mithos Martel, though most just call me Mithos, or M&M."

He extended a hand to her as he looked at her face from behind in the reflection of the mirror.

The girl was in her own world, flowing with the music. When her ninth song ended, Mithos was there. She'd have to admit that all of these chance meetings were getting kinda odd. Where had everyone else in their sector gone? She mentally rolled her eyes at herself. The woman spun to face him, accepting his hand in her petite one. "Faria, Faria Demuse." She said, her tone relaxed.

"How long have you been standing there?" She asked, feeling slightly awkward about this meeting. Though, she soon abandoned her residual selfconcious nature with a sigh, "That wasn't a performance piece." She muttered and then realizing she still had his hand, let go. Yet another moment of awkward life for her. "M&M huh? Sounds a little elementary for you."

She held his hand longer than she probably intended to, still holding on as she spoke to him about his nickname. "Hey, I was a kid once to you know, despite my outer appearance" he said, shooting her a scowl of a look, his brow pulled down in furrow. "It was one of the girls that was in our graduating class, gave it to me the first week into school realizing that my initials were the same as her favorite candy"

"It just kind of stuck since then." he finally took his hands from her, before walking up towards the mirror, and repeating one of the gestures she had performed. "Performance piece or not, I was" He struck a second pose that she had also done, "Here long enough to see."

The young woman put her face into her hands, and crumbled in on herself. Crossing her legs in such a way that as she sank to the floor it appeared as if she fell. "The utter horror. And he looks better than me whilst stealing my moves!" she smirked and peeked through her fingers at him. Her blonde hair fell around her shoulders, framing her face. "Your a man of many talents. Nudist, Candy-man, and a Dancer?" she rolled back, flipping over her shoulder and back up onto her feet. This could be a little interesting. The woman sashayed toward Mithos and got right up under his nose.

"What else should I know about you, Mithos? Mystery man of the clinically sterile dimension that we seem so keen to live in. You may just be the most interesting person I've met. Not that I meet many." The girl laughed lightly, and walked toward the center of the room whilst a clearly Spanish beat picked up pace from a slow base-line. "Do you actually dance? Or do you just stalk pretty women and steal their moves?" She was getting her snarky sarcasm back, now that she'd had time to wake up.

Her hips swayed as her feet moved with the music, a complex type of salsa. Though she didn't have a partner, and probably never would in this place. No one seemed to appreciate dance, or music, like she did. Her blue eyes watching herself closely in the mirror correcting her own errors until it looked almost perfectly fluid. The girl was a good dancer, despite the lack of formal training she had. The formalities had ended in her dance life when she was first brought here, and made to be normal. Which was so boring.

Dance reminded her of water, it was probably the only reason she loved it so much. It gave her a little piece of herself back.

"Careful where you go with that barbed tongue of yours, before someone decides to sever it once and for all from you pretty little mouth" he said, growling back. "Idle flattery and sarcasm will gain you no favors in here, with the scientist, nor the rest of the graduates." He resumed a more relaxed pose as she approached him. She cut an impressive figure against his own, but he was still taller. He wasn't using his full figure to intimidate her, but his body language spoke of bound aggression. "You should know not to fuck with me."

He watched her begin to dance to what he presumed was some sort of bastardization of the Latin culture, watching as she swayed her hips. She was passable at dancing, even good, which was interesting since no one ever used this room.

"I'm not looking for friendship from the scientists, or the rest of our special kind. Nor do I know my limits, with you." She spoke, never missing a beat. spinning and turning and stepping in fluid motion. Latin dances were her favorite, so complex or simple. Yet making a woman feel empowered in her body. She closed her eyes and sank back to the floor as the song ended. That was it for today. "You know sleepy me. Clumsy half awake, me. I'm up now, and you intruded on my personal business. No one usually ever wanders over this way." The girl stood, walking to the far end of the room to retrieve her phone. She tucked it snugly into her bra, and slipped her feet back into her tennis-shoes.

Then, she walked over to Mithos and put a hand on her hip looking him square in the face. "And, as far as I know. I haven't fucked with you yet." She smirked. Appreciating the small play on words she'd used. "You may be a big shot in your own world. But, I don't know you. I generally keep to myself and away from anything with a dick. Catty children like to fight over the lack of male population down here. I don't think sex is worth fighting for. I can save my energy for more productive things." The small girl looked up at him, "You aren't so warm and fuzzy yourself. Why take words with a grain of salt? Live. Let go. Have fun."

Faria's face had gone from sarcastially playful to serious in half a second while talking. On the last note, she dropped her hand from her hip and began to walk toward the door. Her hips swayed with her walk, a natural thing for her unlike other girls. She was done with him now, his complete and utter seriousness putting her off him. Today was going to be a long damn day if she kept running into him now that he lived in her wing. A guy she'd never noticed before.

She did not back down, even going so far as to get in his face about it once again. All the while he had watched her move, watched her as she danced while talking, and how she referred to their kind with such emphasis on the word special, as if they were less than human. Or perhaps he had read her wrong completely, and she thought she was more than human. Regardless, it was a weird inflection she had placed upon the given word, intriguing him, making him want to tease out the meaning and emphasis she placed upon that singular word. She had suddenly stopped dancing, slumping to the floor, before once more getting up and taking her phone, stuffing it into her bra, affording him a view of her cleavage as she did so. She was every bit as sarcastic as she was resilient, and it was interesting to find someone in this whole facility that was anything but those two qualities in conjunction with one another. He walked after her, stopping in the door way after she had passed through, before speaking himself.

"Oh, now you are giving me a pause to speak, as if you want to have a conversation" he said, now that she had stopped and gave him a chance to respond. Well, technically she didn't because she made it quite clear that she was done with him and their one sided conversation, but it mattered not because he was too proud to end it there, wanting the last words to be his own. As if that mattered in this farce of an existence.

"If you haven't noticed, there is no living, no letting go, at least not here" he said, making a statement that was not as crude of a play on words as her had been, but a statement that was at it's foundation the truth.

"If you call existing a living, then what was the point to it. If you call letting go being stuck in the same room with people that you might not always want to be with, then it's not letting go. I choose to believe that every person we come across, whether we like it or not, and every room we are put into, builds the story of our lives. So what story does our encounter tell? A story that talks about taking things with a grain of salt?"

He had made his mind up, he was not exactly fond of this person, and it seemed to him that she had made up her mind on the subject as well, coming to a mutual agreement to not get along with one another.

"If you want to hate me, that is your prerogative, and I will try and be indifferent to it, just don't be surprised if you are met with much the same attitude from me."

That he was annoyed at all this stemmed from her snarky sarcasm to begin with is what frustrated him most, especially because he was intrigued to see someone actually attempt to dance. Forsaking his curiosity, he turned from the girl, heading back into the dance room, confronted on three sides with his own image of rage glaring back at him from under short hair.

It was going to be another long and annoying day in detention, and he made a mental note to avoid her, lest she would give him her barbed sarcasm. It was already going to be a long day, and he did not want to bump into the girl again, a girl he never noticed before.

Faria listened, slowing her pace just so she could catch every word. If he really wanted to have the last word, then that was fine by her. She sighed, and shook her head. The girl didn't wait to get back to her room or even down the hall before she took her shirt off though, it was very hot in the gym today for some reason. Maybe the central AC was broken again? They didn't have windows to open. The red shirt slide up her back and over her head easily, revealing her slender but athletic form. The hot pink sports bra a stark contrast to her skin. Blue eyes glanced over her shoulder, giving one last look to Mithos.

When she was back in the hall it got cold, and felt good against her skin. She hadn't felt like staying and finishing her workout. She'd blare some music and workout to it on the floor of her room. It was too early in the day to be upset over something so simple, so she let it go over her head for now. She'd process it all later when she was lying in bed bored. Or over lunch in the cafe. But for now she was focused on getting back to the room and taking a sink bath in the small bathroom she shared with another girl.

Dr. Archon listened in to the conversation for a brief time. "Ah, yes, there are plenty of stories about the infamous Calypso's antics before being transferred here. You're one they certainly don't want off the suppressant drug." He said, turning and giving her a small smile, a hint of what he planned. For that instant, his youthfulness was clear, and he almost looked like the late-twenty-year-old he was. But then he returned to the board, finishing his notes. Calypso's face flashed before his eyes. It had been so long since he had been intimate with someone. His secret made that hard. Perhaps he would try to draw her closer. She certainly was beautiful.

He finished the notes. "All right everyone! Today's notes are on sound. I've put the formulas and the explanations on the board, but I'm going to demonstrate how one breaks glass with sound. Obviously, a few years ago, I had a girl who could do it instinctively, so this demo was easier. But alas, she could not be here, and so I will have to do with a speaker and tuner." He said, placing the speaker and tuner on the table, next to a plain wine glass.

"The natural frequency of the glass, called the resonance, will be matched by the tuner, and then the glass will start to vibrate. When these vibrations become intense enough, the glass will shatter." He said. He began to fiddle with a dial, and the speaker emitted a noise on several different tones and frequencies, as the doctor watched the glass. Soon it began to vibrate on the table, then...

Crash!

The glass shattered and pieces tumbled to the tabletop. Turning the speaker off, Nero took a dramatic bow. "Violá, my good students. Questions?" He said, smiling brilliantly. It was clear he enjoyed this bit of work.

(Forgive my physics stuff, it's a hobby)

Dante was released from his English class early, and went to pace the library as he awaited the bell. He was displeased with his personal life- not many friends, and certainly not a girlfriend (not much to chose from at the School, though several girls he had sometimes glimpsed were attractive...). His only pastime was the rebellion.

But perhaps that's all he needed.

Calypso chuckled softly, smiling. "Doesn't excuse the fact that I still got caught." she said to her companion student, "Getting blackout drunk is something I will recommend to no one, ever." The young woman was very open about her past. Not particularly caring who knew, she was open in general. Not afraid to let it be known that she didn't particularly enjoy this life. All white walls and hospital grade sterile, with teachers who doubled as scientists and doctors. Being fed a pill every so often like an insane asylum patient. She became quiet when Archon began his lesson, her teeth aching momentarily as he adjusted the speakers and tuner.

"Yeah, can that happen to your teeth?" she rubbed her cheek gently. "Or do I just have extra sensitive teeth? It felt like when someone drags their nails against a chalk-board." her nose scrunched up, then she relaxed her face again. "But, on a serious note! The tuner basically rises above the resonance limits of the glass to break it? Or am I kinda off?" She felt like she was re-wording what he'd said in layman's terms for herself. Though, she was genuinely trying to understand. There was no failing classes for her, she didn't want or need to be kicked back a year. The closer she came to graduation, the more she itched to get into trouble. Any trouble she could find.

She set her chin on her interlaced fingers, intently watching the good Doctor. Hazel eyes sparkling with interest. This was a challenge, she liked a challenge.

The doctor considered her words. "I suppose that might be one way to put it. The glass can only take so much vibration, and after the intensity goes up enough, bam!" He said with a short laugh. "And yes, theoretically it could work with teeth and bone... It'd have to be pretty intense though." He added with a thought, doing the calculations in his head, grabbing the numbers he needed from his memory.

He shook himself out of it, his eyes meeting her hazel ones for a long moment. "Don't be getting any ideas, beautiful. I'm not giving you a speaker or a tuner." He said with a chuckle. "But anyway." He scrawled a page number, then two problems on the board. "Two problems for next time we meet. Shouldn't be too hard, just use the equations." He said. "I'm available in my office after class."

Watching Dr. Archon perform his little experiment interested Marcos immensely, he always had a soft spot for science. Listening closely he jotted down a few notes just in case he needed it for later. As soon as the glass broke he acquired a a shocked expression, "Whoa.." He listened intently as the other student talked about her teeth and the doctor's response to her.

The way the doctor and the student next him talked and looked at each other made Marcos feel a little uncomfortable, almost as if something was going on between them. Of course this didn't matter to much to him, he never really cared to much for other people's lives. What really bothered him was what the other student said to him earlier, about how strict this place was. Marcos decided after class he would talk to Archon to get some answers for his increasing curiosity. Still he needed some quick answers about this place he was in so he turned to the girl beside him and asked,

"Not to sound rude but, how long have you been in this place?"

Calypso smirked at his comments, only earning him more of her undivided attention. "Too bad." she murmured playfully. Scrawling down some extra notes and also writing down the homework. Calypso looked up from her notebook to look at the new student. "I've been here since my first year of High School. I came from Germany. I was shipped here a less than spoiled rich kid. Go figure." she rolled her eyes, and twirled her hair around her finger like a cliche prep would.

"I was a bad kid. Don't let my bad attitude shape your idea of what this place is or isn't." She had her serious face on now. "I'm Calypso Heart by the way." she nodded to the other student. "And I also have an appointment with the Good Doctor, have to see him about some math I don't quite get. He's a great tutor, and counselor. He really cares about the kids in here." She put her things into a messenger bag and slung it over her shoulder.

Calypso slipped out of her place at the table, and slide the chair back into it's place. She gave the new guy a once over, she was going to ask him how long he'd been in the school. As a last thought, though she was too distracted by the fact that she was about to find out if her favorite teacher was also the infamous school hacker.

The girl headed for Archon's office without further notice to the new student.

He wanted to say more, to feel something other than a quiet resolve to the whole situation, to get some sort of anger and adrenaline running through him. It was scary how apathetic he had become in this sensory deprived area, where even emotions themselves had begun to lose their place and meaning. Instead, he swallowed his pride, and allowed himself to look at her back side, tempting fate by even trying to get a better look despite the fact she was looking over her shoulder with her eyes, almost daring him to say something. He wanted to accuse her of being a tease, especially after saying that she had no interest for sex, but it would do no good. Better to live in mutual disagreement rather than mutual hatred.

"So be it" was all he said, eyes appreciating her backside before she walked off to her own beat of the drum. Confused, and frustrated, he wanted to work out more, but decided against it. He wasn't even planning to exercise today, and it was a spur of the moment thing, and once more he was covered in sweat, much the same as he started the day. He should have taken a shower after the work out, but it mattered little. It was time for breakfast, and with his decision made, he worked his way towards the canteen.

Nero held the door open for Calypso as they both retreated into his office. Once he had done so, he shut the door, locked it, and flipped a switch. A low humming noise filled the room. The device he had engaged would keep any sound from inside the room from being heard elsewhere, including by microphone bugs.

"Well, Calypso, now you know. I'm the Shadow. And I have a proposal." The doctor said, pacing to his chair and sitting quietly, gesturing for her to sit in front of the oak desk. "I am organizing a rebellion against this School's policies, both before and after "graduation", which I will explain if you swear to join me. Simply put, I plan to overtake the School and free the specials that are being suppressed here." He said, tapping the desk lightly. "I've calculated that such a rebellion would have a 65% chance of success without you, just me and my current second in command. With you, that number would be 74.34%." He said, leaning forward to look her in the eye.

"That is a significant difference. And." He said, reaching into a drawer and producing a small blue pill, which seemed to glow in his palm, clear and sky blue. "This would restore your power. But you would have to be careful." He said quietly.

"But unless you agree to my terms, there will be no pill, and I'll have to ask you to forget what you heard here."

Faria wasted time listening to music, her one true love. Then slipped into unconsciousness out of pure boredom before she awoke around lunch time. Her stomache gurgling and growling at her, she never ate much in the mornings. Starving by the time lunch rolled around. The girl stood up from her place on the cool linoleum tile floor, and stretched her arms high above her head. Arching her back for a better stretch; then she sighed softly and looked herself over in the mirror. Since they gym she'd changed, wearing red heels with loose black slacks and a form fitting red button down top. The collar was popped from her nap on the clean floor, she smoothed it down in the mirror and looked down at her hands, a cliche class ring in silver there. Very boring ring, silver with the school's name around the red rhinestone. Her eyes rolled.

The young woman walked out of her room and down halls, passing the occasional person, and into the small cafe. What she would give to cook again! The food smelled like plastic here and tasted like cardboard. All bland and disgusting to her. Another sighed was earned at this thought. 'Detention' was no safe haven like they claimed. It was a prison. She walked down the line, asking for nothing. Grabbing a salad now. Her appetite was fading fast, her frustration on the rise. It was almost frightening to think of what she could do if she had her abilities back. Now so mature, with a slightly better grip on her emotions. Could she do what had earned her a place in here again? With all the pent up rage she harbored for this establishment?

She slid into a seat at one of the small tables and her eyes glared up at the white lights. Fluorescent, bright, sucking the life out of everything it seemed. She just wanted color. Real color. Somewhere that felt homey and not like a hospital. What was she going to do? She needed out. She felt it. She needed out now.

Calypso looked heard the door lock, stared at it for a moment. A thought going through her head, a thought none of the other students would entertain. But she would. Her hazel eyes glanced upward to the doctor before he began to speak, Why do I want that? she questioned herself as the image of her pressed up against his desk with his lips on hers flashed through her mind once more. Again she noticed how handsome he was as he began to speak, wondering if other girls fantasized about him at all- or often?

She watched him sit in his seat, and walked around his desk when he motioned for her to sit, and leaned her weight on the edge of his oak desk right next to him. Her arms crossed loosely as she listed. There was a slight smile that coaxed the edges of her lips, "Almost a ten percent raise." She couldn't help but smile when he showed her the pill though.

The spark to her eyes coming back, she was ready for this. The girl wanted nothing more than to kiss the Doctor now; finding an antidote of sorts for the position they were fed! Calypso bit her lower lip, eyes glued to that pill. Her eyes rose to meet his once more though, "You aren't a normal genius are you?" She smirked, "I guess we need more people to raise those statistics of yours Shadow-man." The young woman slid a little closer, leaning down to look him in the eye. Giving him a good view of her clevage in the process; "You know I want out, and I want my powers. Sign me up for your takeover, Archon. Just do me a favor?"

The woman pushed herself higher up onto the desk, until she was really sitting on it. "Stop being so damn handsome. I'm not used to fantasizing about my teachers." Calypso winked at him. "Deal?"

"For someone who insisted on avoiding me, you have a bad habit of running into me" the voice rang out from her left, two tables to her side. Mithos sat back in a chair, both feet resting on the table before him, his meal to the side of his legs, already half consumed. In his hands he held a book, reading the pages before him slowly, and periodically flipping between the pages at his fingertips. He hadn't looked up when he had called her name, having noticed her out of his peripheral vision. Finishing whatever page he was on, he shut the book with a heavy handed thud, before placing it on the table near the food.

He pulled his feet up and off the table before grounding them once more upon the linoleum tiling that had plastered every square inch of the canteen. Noticing her foul mood, he figured now was as good a time as ever to stir up some friction between the two. He had always been of the opinion that drama was a waste of time, that he should stick out of it, but he was bored, and drama seemed as good an answer as any. Especially because he was drawn to the new girl that he had never never noticed until this point. She couldn't have been that much younger than himself, so why hadn't he noticed her sooner. Taking his plastic tray, he walked over to her table, dropping it heavily to the table below, and sliding his book to one side. The silver text on the book caught the lighting of the harsh fluorescent tubes above, illuminating the text "Select topics in advanced Biochemistry".

"Fancy running into you again. For someone who is trying to draw little attention to herself, you have a habit of running into me" he let out a smile, trying to gently get under her skin without causing her to explode all at once. She had worn a new outfit he noticed, which brought it up to three full outfits he had seen before lunch.

The woman had just begun to eat her salad, as inside her mind a mental war-zone distracted her from Mithos' first comment. Only when he came to sit at her table did she acknowledge his existence. Her mind turning about ways to get out of Detention. If only! She sighed softly looking up at him and pushed her salad to the side, hardly eaten. "Hello. How's your day been since this morning?" She chose to ignore the tone in his voice, the new cattiness. Too distracted to care, really. Her eyes scanned cameras, and angles, and staffers.

"This place is only so big. It's a wonder you didn't notice." Her eyes darted to vents, the few visible pipelines, whatever may factor into help for her. "Nice talking to you." Faria was in her own world, rising from her seat. She noticed for the first time how empty it was today, noticed how they seemed to be alone except for workers. She shivered and picked up her tray, moving toward a trash bin with little motivation. there's got to be a way out...

"Suit yourself then" he said, watching her walk away. She hadn't even given him a chance to respond properly, her eyes having scanned the four walls of the canteen before walking away from him with little more than a farewell. He shrugged, placing his feet on the table again, too annoyed to chase down after her. He had bigger things to work on, trying to understand exactly the nature of what they were trying to do here with the students. He picked up his book again, content to thumb through the contents, trying to understand topics that were beyond him. It was better than wasting away in this facility.

Archon could not deny enjoying the flirtatious way she perched on his desk, her cleavage presented a beautiful view that he carefully kept in his peripherals as he listened to her words. "A regular genius? No, I am a genius extraordinaire." As she agreed to his proposal, he gave a small smile, which became a smirk as she stated her "favor." He leaned forward slightly, closer to her. "I don't know if I can manage that- I'm not a shapeshifter. And if it makes it more tolerable... Don't think of me as a teacher. Think of me as a mentor or a leader. Nothing more." He said with a small smirk. "And if it means anything, I find you more attractive than any other student I've had."

He removed a small silver box from the drawer and replaced the pill inside it. "As promised. There are five pills in the box. Take them after you take the suppressant in the morning. Don't let anyone see them, and keep your powers hidden and don't get caught." He said, taking her hand and slipping the silver box into her palm, his hand lingering in hers for several moments longer than necessary.

He was tempted to kiss her. So very tempted. Perhaps... Just a small kiss... He leaned in, briefly brushing lips lightly over her, the tiniest hint of an intimate touch. Then he leaned back slightly. "A kiss and the pills suitable exchange for my remaining handsome?" He teased softly.

-------•-------¥-------•-------

Dante slipped out of the library and back down to the Doctor's classroom as the bell rang. When he entered he found Marcos at a desk, and shot a glance at the door, able to tell by it's closed nature that it was locked. "Archon talking with someone?" He asked, knowing that the Doctor had intended to talk with Calypso and see if he could get her on board with the rebellion. In addition, the Doctor had sent him one of the coded, secret texts that simply read:

"The pills are finished. -S"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom