Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What anime are you watching? -thread-

As far as seasonals go, I'm currently keeping up with Steins;Gate 0, the Legend of the Galactic Heroes remake (I'll be honest, I didn't like the original very much, and the remake so far is far more appealing), Lupin III: Part V, My Hero Academia S3, and Cutie Honey Universe.

In the rest of my own time, I'm trying to plow through Dragon Ball Super since that recently finally finished. After that, at the urging of my friend, I'll probably take a look at Kakegurui or so.

I'm probably the only one here watching the new Card Captor Sakura: Clear Card series. It's basically a continuation of an older series called simply Card Captor Sakura

nladisha said:
I'm probably the only one here watching the new Card Captor Sakura: Clear Card series. It's basically a continuation of an older series called simply Card Captor Sakura

I remember that series! I never did watch a lot of it, though. Is it good?

Rewatching Assassination Classroom and Fullmetal Alchemist.

Kinda funny because their English dubs both have Sonny Strait doing character voices- Maes Hughes in FMA and Koro-Sensei in Assassination Classroom.

Picked up a show called Tetsuwan Birdy Decode (or, Birdy the Mighty). Super fun!

Rewatching Naruto and Sailor Moon, for about the 14th time~! I can't get enough of the classics

Just finshed and caught up with Black Clover <3 One of my favorite anime right now! The world is beautiful, and the character design is to die for!!

Plan to rewatch Haikyuu later this week as well!!

Shokugeki no Souma! Anyone else watching this? I'm a huge fan!

Can I pose another question? Do you prefer subs or dubs when watching anime?

I personally prefer subs, since in Japan voice-acting is a huge industry, so there is more money put into the Japanese audio than a dub audio. Plus, artistic integrity. The original audio is made alongside the anime so there is more consistency.

Just finished a rewatch of Attack on Titan.

To answer your question, @Foxxo, I watch dubs. I can’t argue with the fact that some actors deliver flat performances, but for ease of watching, I prefer dubs. I find myself getting lost in either the subtitles or the action when watching subs, and I end up missing important points in either the lines or the action. So, it’s not for lack of trying!

This morning I'm watching the new Grancrest Senki. It's decent, but it has it's flaws.

@Soran_Jaymes ya I understand where you're coming from for sure. I've watched a ridiculous amount of foreign media, so reading subtitles has started to come naturally. Plus I'm currently living in Japan and am getting to know Japanese fairly well, though not enough to try watching without subs.

Recently started re-watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Barakamon on the side to wind down when shit gets heavy.

Right now i'm keeping up with the following
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Golden Wind: Because of course I am.

SSSS Gridman: A really fun animated remake of an old Tokusatsu show. It's really been awesome so far and it has a pretty good Saturday morning Anime feel that I kinda miss.

Skullface Bookseller Honda San
Zombieland Saga

I've been keeping up with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Here's hoping JoJolion gets an adaptation; I want to see how they animate a man with four testicles) and started ZombieLand Saga (who would have thought a horror-flavored cutesy Idol anime would work out). I've also been re-watching Konosuba as an antidote against the deluge of Isekai garbage and because I love reminding myself that it probably won't get a third season.

Back
Top Bottom