Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Kichin-Chan's Harem of Bug Girls (OOC Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about the Common Flashwing Damsalfly Kitsune? I know its body is a little green, but...

Capture2.jpg

Capture1.jpg

DmfNSIMG_1389.jpg

As for you Unicorn, if you're indecisive, how about a Giant Amazonian Centipede?

Amazonian-Giant-Centipede-Scolopendra-gigantean.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Perhaps I'm speaking too soon, but you girls are handling all these bugs pretty well! I'm falling more and more in love with you all. :heart:

the_berserking_unicorn said:
One thing I hate... are centipeddes. Mostly because I was bitten by one when I was a kid ):

Ahh, sorry. How about a Scarab beetle? Then you could make your girl have a desert/Egyptian vibe and wear a super cool veil around your mouth. ^^ (Sorry the picture is so bit. >.<)

3.jpg

But of course sweetheart. ;)

If anyone's finished thinking of their new bug/character, be sure to go to the Character Profile thread and update their profile accordingly. Remember, it doesn't have to be drastically different from your last girl! Just a little revision is all we need. That said, don't be afraid to try out something completely new! Once you do, be sure to announce it here that you're ready for round 2.

I think I'll stick to a hammerhead worm. All the better to have a awkward hairdo with orange hair. And since nobody knows how they act around herei can be more freeform with my character :D

Since you obviously didn't read my request for "give ne horns"

Sorry, all I could think of when you said horns was rhinoceros beetle, and Alura already was maybe planing a strong girl. But I do like that you're going with the worm. ^^ I can do some bug nerd research if you'd like.

Super cool new avatar Kitsune-chan!

And cool, albeit more saucy new avatar Utsuho-chan. ^^

So I've done some research on Hammerhead Worms, however I could not sleep last night and as a result, am feeling very under the weather today. >.< Forgive me if the report if give Unicorn Sensi seems sloppy.

Flatworms as a whole are a very incredible phylum capable of many amazing feats. I could nerd on about any kind of bug I can read about, but I'll be focusing on Hammerhead Worms as requested by Unicorn Sensi.

Hammerhead Worms or Bipalium, is a genus of terrestrial predatory flatworms. They can be found in any humid enough climate, including many parts of the U.S. during the rainier seasons, preferring to hang out in shadey, damp, cool places, making gardens an excellent hot spot for them. Their size can vary between fitting in the palm of your hand to measuring well over a foot in length. They take on a very wide range of colors, with many species featuring beautifully vivid patterns.

As mentioned, they are predators, and rather ravenous ones at that. They feed mostly on other annelids, their favorite food being earthworms but may very well prey upon gastropods like snails and slugs, and even small arthropods if they feel lucky. They are considered something of a garden pest because of this and are actually somewhat dreaded by places that commercially raise worms such as fishing bait companies as they have been known to devastate the squishy livestock surprisingly quickly.

Actively searching and even tracking prey, they will smother their catch with their wide bodies, purposely griping prey (which again, is usually earthworms) from end to end to reduce struggling. They'll then secrete a sticky, digestive enzyme to begin digestion and further incapacitate their victim. As their prey becomes suitable to eat, they will extend their pharynx from what we might call their belly, to slurp up the pulpy nutrition.

Here's a video showcasing it very nicely! You girls have handled everything so far very well and that pleases me beyond words, but I should still give a "squick" warning just in case.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBmNncPWQI4[/video]

There you go Unicorn Sensi, I hope my report is to your liking. :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom