Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

YouTubers and Streamers of BMR!

RE: Hey! Do you like video games? So do I!

I am a huge fan of video games. Especially games like Final Fantasy, Batman Arkham (Origins, City, Asylum and soon Knight), Saints Row, GTA.. Stuff like that.

That's good to hear, Sith, unfortunately a lot of those games I cannot do. Can't to GTA until it is on PC, and I'm not allowed to post FF or Batman without permissions. Though if you keep watching, I'll be going back to finishing up Far Cry 3 before Far Cry 4 releases.

Here's today's episode, Bedbug lived!

http://youtu.be/pwN3SJsIwNc

I don't have a YouTube channel but I stream XB1 on Twitch under Lykukalil.

sinfulrook said:
That's good to hear, Sith, unfortunately a lot of those games I cannot do. Can't to GTA until it is on PC, and I'm not allowed to post FF or Batman without permissions. Though if you keep watching, I'll be going back to finishing up Far Cry 3 before Far Cry 4 releases.

Here's today's episode, Bedbug lived!

http://youtu.be/pwN3SJsIwNc

Permissions from who? ^_^

sinfulrook said:
SithLordOfSnark said:
Permissions from who? ^_^

Publishers. If I do not have their permission to post, there is a high chance I will get a copyright strike, and that is a big nono

Wherever you live is really strict. LOL.

In Canada, if you own the game, you own rights to post ANYTHING you do with that game.

Your gameplay belongs to you, not the publisher.

SithLordOfSnark said:

In Canada, if you own the game, you own rights to post ANYTHING you do with that game.

That is true, and it falls under "fair use" most of the time, but some companies don't treat LPs as fair use. Regardless of which country you reside in, copyright laws exist, mostly because YouTube is an international website, and there are international copyright laws. The publisher has all the rights to any and all game footage (video and audio) that is included in my videos, because it is THEIR game and their Intellectual Property, and only with their permission do I post.

It's a complicated matter that some YouTubers don't look into at all, and only worry about it when it arises. Some have had their channels shut down because they had no permissions and got 3 copyright strikes, and were practically banned from YouTube.

sinfulrook said:
SithLordOfSnark said:

That is true, and it falls under "fair use" most of the time, but some companies don't treat LPs as fair use. Regardless of which country you reside in, copyright laws exist, mostly because YouTube is an international website, and there are international copyright laws. The publisher has all the rights to any and all game footage (video and audio) that is included in my videos, because it is THEIR game and their Intellectual Property, and only with their permission do I post.

It's a complicated matter that some YouTubers don't look into at all, and only worry about it when it arises. Some have had their channels shut down because they had no permissions and got 3 copyright strikes, and were practically banned from YouTube.

I don't really have to worry, anyway. I don't post videos. LOL

Back
Top Bottom