Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Cinderella and the Beast: A twisted fairytale (Charliesweb7 & Sleepysausages)

Ben decided to lie back down on the blanket, resting an arm over his forehead as he started up at the sky. He liked what was happening now. The conversation, the teasing, then the comforting silence. There didn't need to be any words...being next to her was enough. It was as though she emitted some soothing waves from her body, which always managed to make him feel safe and content. A smile crept across his lips as he soaked up her waves, felt his shoulders relax. Yes, there was nowhere he would rather be than here. Next to her. He could wait next to her for an eternity.

Calleigh relaxed into the grass, her eyes watched the clouds that danced over their heads. It was perfect. All of it really. "You know I love you right?" She told him, looking over to him. He knew that it meant like a brother. She moved closer, cuddling into him for some comfort. "One day we can travel the world together. One day I will be free." She whispered to him, resting her head on his chest. One day. That one day had been years in the making. She just hoped it came sooner than later. She let out a sigh, closing her eyes once again. "Promise me that you will never leave..." She added. He was the only thing that had stayed around. Stayed around that she liked for that matter.

Ben's heart skipped a beat at her words. More than skipped...it tried to leap out of his chest, burst its way through the skin and bones. He loved her. So very much. So much that his skin felt too tight whenever she was around. His head become filled with clouds and his eyes constricted until she was the only thing he could see. And, just for this moment, he could pretend that she felt the same way.

Ben wrapped an arm around her, leaning his head into her hair. 'Of course I won't leave.' He mumbled, closing his eyes, her scent singing up into his nostrils. 'I could never leave you.' And that was the absolute truth. He could never leave her. He was attached to her. Invisible wires that bound him to her, stronger than any metal. To leave her would require him to destroy himself.

His words comforted her as she rested on his chest, holding her best friend close. But the silence was broken with her phone ringing. Calleigh sighed, opening her eyes before looking over at her phone. Of course it was Jocelyn. She sighed, rolling her eyes before setting her phone down. "I don't want to talk to her." She mentioned, then sitting up. The noise went off that she had a voicemail now. And not all that much longer was her step-mother calling. Calleigh lightly picked up the phone, answering to a very pissed off Brandy. Last time she didn't answer her, she got grounded for weeks. Brandy bitched that Jocelyn wanted Calleigh to go get her something. Now. Calleigh hung up the phone and looked to Ben. "I have to go get Jocelyn some stuff for her hair and to put on her skin." She added with a sigh and a frown.

Ben forced a smile. It always ended like this. Just when they were reaching a peaceful moment, where each could enjoy the company of the other, her family would ring and demand something of her. And she always went. Ben had often thought of telling her to stand up for herself more, to fight back, refuse to give in to them. But he supposed that he didn't really understand her situation, and didn't really have any ground to stand on when it came to telling her to be more confident and assertive.

Sitting up, Ben brushed himself down and started to gather up their things. 'I'll drive you back, then.' Ben replied, straightening up once everything had been gathered. He made his way to his car, throwing everything in the back seat. 'It was fun while it lasted.' He sighed, clambering into the driver's seat. 'But I suppose it was too much to think that it could last a little longer.'

Calleigh sighed and nodded her head. "I know, this sucks. But remember last time when she grounded me for a month?" She added. She was still ruled by her step mother. As much as she really hated it. She wished she could stand up...but then she would have no place to go. That was the only thing. She would have no where to go if she stood up to her step mother. Instead, she just let her step mother walk all over her and her step-sister ruin her life. And it sucked...

She helped him pack up, then heading back to the car where she got in with him. "I know, I am really sorry. Maybe by doing this I can ask to spend the night tonight." She added. She sounded like she was 14 or something. As he started the car, she frowned. "I know, but like I said. I will be grounded otherwise and you know she won't let me see you." She reminded him of last time.

'No, I didn't mean for you to feel guilty.' There he went again, messing everything up by saying the wrong things at the wrong time. 'No, I just meant...' Ben started the car and slowly pulled away. 'I just meant that I love spending time with you, but it seems like the universe always conspires against us, to keep us apart. And sometimes, I just wish it would give us a break, you know?'

It was the closest Ben had ever come to revealing how he truly felt about her, and it was terrifying. He could feel the sweat on his plans against the steering wheel. But it did feel that there was something bigger than all of them, dictating and manipulating. It seemed that whenever they would just be getting closer, just be working towards a deeper level or their relationship, a member of her family would call and demand that she should come home. It was as if they had spy cameras following them around all the time. It was uncanny.

But Ben was grateful for whatever time he got to spend with here. Even if it only lasted minutes. It always felt like an eternity to him. And eternity of ecstasy.

Calleigh nodded her head gently. "I get what you mean. It is a bit unfair that our time together is so limited." She explained to him, watching him. "Alright so I need to go to Whole Foods. Apparently she need unfiltered organic honey, organic tea, organic...well everything. She wants to be all pretty and stuff." Calleigh replied, rolling her eyes. All of it had to be organic. Otherwise it was too "yucky" or some shit like that. The girls were annoying honestly.

The drive was short and before she knew it, she was out of the car and with him. "Well, at least we get to spend this time together!" She explained, smiling at him before giving him a small hug. "Thank you again for the picnic. It was truly amazing. I have never had anyone do that for me." She told him, going down one of the aisles. "The girl that snatches you up is going to be so lucky. If you treat her even just a bit of the way you treat me... she will be pampered!" She explained. She didn't like him doing all these big things for her. She just wanted to hang out with him. She didn't need gifts or massages or anything like that. Just to spend time with him. Although that was cut short often because of her step mother and step sisters.

James tried to make the hug linger, but she pulled away far too quickly for his tastes. 'No need to thank me.' He grinned awkwardly. 'I'm happy to do it.' And he was. He wanted to shower her with gifts, provide her with treasures, treat her like a princess. But there was only so much time that they could spend together, and he only hand so much money. People always said it was the thought that counts, but surely you get greater credit if the present is more elaborate? Well, elaborate would have to wait for another time.

James followed her around the store, helping her pick up the various organic items that her step-sister needed. He insisted on carrying them. He would have felt terrible, otherwise. It was something that had been drilled into him by his parents. That he should always treat women with the utmost respect.

'Well, we'll see.' He replied in response to her talking about him being snatched up. 'I mean, for the person I loved...I'd do anything for them. That's what love is, right? Being willing to do anything for them, despite the inconvenience to yourself.'

"Well of course I need to thank you." Calleigh replied, looking over the text from Jocelyn. And then the one from Michelle and finally Brandy. They all wanted different things and each one kept "remembering" something else. There was probably 9 texts or so. At least Brandy gave her some money to pay for the stuff. But it always ended up coming out of her pocket most of the time. Brandy probably did that on purpose.

As he held the small basket, she placed the items inside of it. She had to constantly keep checking to make sure she didn't forget anything. Otherwise she would be bitched out for sure. "I wish they would stop texting!" She mentioned.

Calleigh then looked up to him and tilted her head to the side. "Like as in family love or other love?" She asked him. If it was family love then he could be talking about her. If it was the other type of love, it wasn't her. "See, you will find the perfect girl. I know it." She explained.

'Just love in general, I think.' Ben shrugged, hefting the basket from one hand to the other. 'Whether it's for a friend or partner, the love is really the same. It's only the physicality that really changes. I suppose you could argue that the desire is different, between them, but I would say that desire falls under physicality, really.'

Ben had had plenty of time to think this through. It was one of his pass-times. He would lie on his bed in his room and think through what it meant to be in love. What each person should do or say to each other. And then, at times, he would think of the physicality, and one face would always spring to mind. And he would always feel ashamed or guilty.

Ben shook his head slightly, trying to dispel those thoughts. 'I'm sure I will.' He replied to her, giving her a small smile. 'I'm sure I will.'

Sometimes he was rather insightful. Well, actually he was rather insightful a lot. Ben was rather smart and Calleigh knew it. She picked up the coconut oil, placing it into the basket and then frowning. "Hold on." She said, holding a finger up before disappearing. She quickly came back with a small rolling cart and looked to him. "It is unfair to make you hold all of that." She told him. She didn't realize how much she had to get due to her sisters and step-mother. Calleigh went down each aisle, picking out the things they needed. "Sometimes I wonder if they just do this to annoy me." She mentioned. "Sending me these lists I mean." She clarified. With a small breath out she rounded the corner again, hoping that she was done soon. "So hopefully I can spend the night. I would love to get away from the house for just one night." She explained.

Ben dumped the items into the cart, heaving a silent, grateful sigh. He had never been the strongest person and, whilst happy to carry things for her, he had been suffering for the past few minutes.

He walked next to her, watching her carefully pick out every item, check her phone to see if anything new was needed. He walked with her when they had to go back for things, or replace items that were no longer desired. 'It does seem like they want to see how far they can push you.' Ben replied carefully. He wasn't really sure what it was he was meant to say; whether he should agree with her and badmouth her family, or take a step back and be a voice of reason. He decided to leave it at that. He was conscious that if he said any more, he would end up looking like an idiot.

'It would be great if you could.' He continued, shoving his hands in his pockets. 'I mean, I know I was teasing before, but it really would be a lot of fun if you came round. It can get rather lonely, having an apartment all to yourself. At night, it can seem so much bigger and quieter than it really is.'

She could tell that he was struggling. After all there was heavy items and some items were cold. And he could only hold so much in his arms. Calleigh looked over the tests again, making sure she had everything on her step-mothers list. When that was a go, she looked to Jocelyn's list. She looked up to him when he spoke about her family. "Isn't that obvious?" Calleigh asked him with a sigh. "I know they do it. I know that my step-sisters hate me." She explained. "And I mean like actual hate. Not as in they love me as a sibling but legit hate. And I know the only reason Brandy keeps me around is the fact that I am still in my father's will and he set aside money for me. If there was no mention of that, I am sure that she would have kicked me out long ago. But I am technically the executor to the estate when I turn 21 so yeah." She replied to him with a shrug of her shoulders. "But until I have enough money, I am unable to leave the house." She told him. She then frowned a bit and picked up the coconut oil. "I would honestly pick a small lonely apartment over what I have now." She added. She had been banished up to the attic for god knows why.

He supposed it was worse for her. Whilst he did feel lonely, at least he wasn't surrounded by people who genuinely hated him. And, in some ways, it was rather nice to be alone. He had always enjoyed his own company, and often got tired if he went out with friends too often. It was nice to have a place where he could hide away from the world, to rest and relax without having to worry about anything. He could almost pretend that he was in another dimension.

Of course, he never got tired when he spent time with Calleigh. In fact, she seemed to have the opposite effect; and time spent with her seemed to grant him more energy. He felt like he could run across water whenever he spent an evening with her. He wondered how he would feel if she came and spent the night at his place...

'So what's the plan when you finally turn 21, then?' He asked. 'I mean, you could get your own place, or...' He was going to suggest that she could move in with him. But he wasn't sure whether she would be repulsed by the idea, and he didn't want her to think that he was being too pushy. 'Or you could find some roommates or something.'

Calleigh would trade what she had now for a small empty apartment. She could get a dog or something like that. It wasn't that easy to get rid of all of.... them. She did enjoy the time she spent with Ben. Sure, she had other "girlfriends" and such. But she generally spent most of her time with Ben. Certainly a lot of it at school when they walked in between classes. Calleigh often wondered if he ever wanted to hang out with a guy instead of her. But he never said that so she just kept the comment to herself.

With a shrug of her shoulders, she looked to him. "Not sure, knowing Brandy I will somehow never see a dime of that but who knows. First of all I just want a place of my own." She told him, looking over to him. "Or we could move in together? I would have enough money to pay rent." She told him. She would feel bad if she moved in with him now and had no money to pay for rent. Or barely any to cover the electric bill. She let out a sigh, picking up the chia seeds. "Sometimes I wonder if they are secretly witches and are making some sort of potion." She teased, laughing a bit. "After all, they have had green masks on before." She joked, trying to lighten the mood. "Too bad they weren't. Then I could call a monster hunter and everything would be solved." She replied, then checking again. "I think that is everything.." She replied, looking through her messages again.

'Of course you could move in with me!' Ben exclaimed, clapping his hands together. He couldn't quite believe that she had suggested it. He had imagined living with her for so long. Thought about how they would become even closer, create a deeper understanding between them, strengthen their emotional bond...and then one night, they would be watching a film, and she would rest her head on his shoulder and he would turn to her, whisper her name, she would look up, they would lean in to each other and then, then, finally then...

'It would be great if you could. It would certainly make the place less lonely.' He continued. 'And then you would never have to see your family again. You could finally break all connections with them and live your own life. It would be perfect!'

He glanced into the cart. 'Well, it does seem that we've bought half the store. I think that should be enough, even for them. I'll help you get it in the car, then I'll drive you back.'

Calleigh laughed a bit as she saw how excited he was. "I would move in now but I don't have enough money to help out with the rent for you. I don't want to be a moocher." She explained. After all, it was unfair to ask to stay there when she would only be able to buy like groceries. "But that is going to be two years away unfortunately. Two....long ass years...." She added with a roll of her eyes. "Does your apartment allow dogs?" She asked. It would be great if they got a cute little dog together. It was one thing she missed. Brandy hated dogs and her dog "randomly" disappeared after her father passed. She still missed that dog...

Thinking of that, she blinked before then nodding her head. "Yes, I really don't want anything to do with them. I don't think of them as family." She mentioned. She then looked to the cart and nodded her head. "Hopefully this gets me something." She added, heading towards the checkout. When they were ringing everything up, she watched the price climb. And it came to $217.84. She sighed as she pulled out the credit card. Of course, she swiped it and it said declined. It said it 3 times before she had to use her personal debit card. That was a weeks work almost. She sighed as she swiped it through, punching in her number. At this rate, she wouldn't have any money left over.

Back
Top Bottom