Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Alien Hive ((Closed))

RE: Alien Hive(Korax and little_iveta)

He had heard the woman get up and walk around the little campsite so Jeffry wasn't horribly shocked when she came over to chat with him. "I could but I don't need to right now. Insects need very little sleep and Zirus are much the same. Scott should be up in an hour or two and he will take my spot. Until then I think it is best I remain here and keep an eye out, there could be more waste roaches or something far worse." He was a little annoyed he felt like he had to explain himself, but Jeffry understood that he was no longer quite human, at best he was a former ally that could no longer be trusted and at worst an enemy agent.

"And that 1 hour sleep is equivalent to an 8 hour sleep? Damn, wish I could do like that so I will have more time for other R&Rs." Jihl responded "Well, you can't be too careful within these tunnels, the pathways are a killing fields as much as your home, ironic."

Jihl glances over Scott who is still making his cricket noise while sleeping, "Is he always like that?"

"These tunnels aren't supposed to be so dangerous. Places like these often have many travelers gathered around the glowing mushrooms and entertaining each other with tales of their travels." With a low sigh Jeffry leaned back against the dirt wall "Sounds rather inviting, Eurbath makes it sound like something out of a holiday movie." shaking his head at that the Zirus then turned to glance at Scott. "Well, he sleeps a bit longer than most Zirus and so do I normally, I think it's just getting used to the change. He's normally a lot louder when he sleeps, fidgeting and buzzing every few seconds."

"And now that there are no insect foragers in here the last thing I want to think is for us guest to be sold out in this fiasco. If I knew I shouldn't have signed for this expedition but not muuch of a choice when it comes down to a big fat paycheck bonus." Jihl replied as she is still looking to Scott who is giving a quite amusing gesture when sleeping. "Tell me Jeff, what would you do if you are in my shoes?" She asked and then immediately leaning on Jeff's shoulder as she fell asleep again.

"For starters I wouldn't pass out on the shoulder of a twisted mutant." At this point he was just talking to himself as Jihl passed out and once more went back to dream land. Still he carefully tucked her in the best he could before settling down and at least getting a bit more comfortable for the long haul, the night was still young and he had to watch each and every hour until Scott woke up.

Jihl didn't hear what Jeff said as she fell asleep for the second time, the mushroom indeed has a strong kick and doesn't wear off quickly. Few moments later, Sienna woke up from her sleep, she was quite startled as if she had a nightmare too, seeing her friend sleeping near Jeff, she thought "something" happened between the two. She approached the vigilant hybrid to give him something that could help on his watch. "Here, we can use this, its a trip mine than can shred thin metal sheets with its miniaturized explosives, it will detonate once the projectile stick on its target, place them near the entrance." Sienna looks outside to check for any movement, but luckily she saw none. She sits back and checks her gauss sniper, then after checking her gun, she fell asleep as well like Jihl.

Surprised at first, Jeffry took the mines but didn't use them, he kept them unarmed and close by where they could be used more like grenades. The scientist had always been a big believer in bad luck, one just didn't tempt fate as fate has a bad sense of self control and a very short attention span. Jeffry was worried that if he set up the mines some innocent would stumble into them and get themselves killed, which would make everyone's job three times as hard. Thankfully Scott woke up shortly and crawled up the wall to keep watch which finally gave Jeffry the time to get a little sleep for himself.

Too bad that Jeffry doesn't know the applications of the trip mine, it doesn't work like a grenade and its not meant to be thrown, but of course no one will blame him for taking precautions. Well for Scott, he could observe the ladies while they sleep if he is not in the mood to be a doorman, perhaps he could assimilate the visions of nearby small insects for his own..... entertainment. All of the ladies are still sleepy in the middle of the night, thanks to the effects of the mushroom that they could sleep well even though its uncomfortable to lie down in the rocks.

Unlike Jeffry, Scott didn't take his post nearly as seriously as he laid back against one of the walls near the entrance and just hummed to himself. He used his power over the smaller insects more than his real eyes, letting them scout out and keep watch for him, as well as take a few candid glances at the sleeping women around him.

While the night is still deep, the ladies were sleeping like a cat as if they've been drunk. However, the mushrooms also has a strange effect that it also triggers the ladies' bodily clock, thus making them awake from time to time in an erratic manner. So far Jihl and Sienna showed this kind of effect and now its just matter off time the remaining two will also exhibit the same strange effect.

While Scott is taking a good look on the ladies, Lianshi suddenly wakes up like as if she already took long hours of sleep. With her slightly blurred vision she still manages to see Scott who happens to be observing them.

Lianshi feels like she is lively and well rested, without hesitation she approaches Scott and sit beside him to have a chit chat.

"Hey, thanks for being vigilant in keeping an eye out for us. I'm sorry if there's nothing I could do to return the courtesy. Tell me Scott, does it ever come across to your mind that you want to.... You know.... Become human again?"

Glancing up, Scott was surprised to see any of the girls up so early, he was about to greet Lianshi when she suddenly sprang a question at him. Pausing for a moment the young Zirus crossed his arms and thought about it "Well...once in a while. But as far as I know we don't have that sort of technology, Jeffry says that without complete study on the Zirus mutation abilities it would be very foolish to try anything when it could very easily twist into some sort of nightmare. For me personally, I never had much of a life as a human, even Jeffry wasn't quite a friend, just someone who would talk to me once in a while, but as a Zirus I have a giant extensive family. Many female Zirus find us human hybrids very attractive, something no human woman ever admitted and everyone more or less acts like we are part of some giant team who are all helping us along." shaking his head a bit Scott let out a soft hiss like sigh "My life as a Zirus is a hundred times better than the one I had as a human, I don't see a reason to change back."

Back
Top Bottom