Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Blue Moon Comics Presents: Heroes of the New Age OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redking6

Star
Any more extensive OOC occupancies can be placed here. This is also a free and open space for players to talk to one another about anything: from possible connection with each other, or even with villains, and other such OOC goodness!

Great. So, are we waiting on one more? Or are there others, it's just taking time to work through their character concepts? Because I can understand either.

In any case, the way I see Dragon Mage is as a local. It's been roughly 7 years since his father's death. He's been 'active' as Dragon Mage for slightly under 5 years, shortly after he was done with high school and had some training with his magic. Dragon Mage is a vigilante, and doesn't officially recognize any authority. He hasn't killed though, and has managed to not actively cause collateral damage. Generally he flies around looking for trouble, and when he's done, Dragon Mage flies to somewhere private. Either he has his car there, or his father's friend is there.

I don't imagine that Dragon Mage and Blue Streak are on good terms. Between his authority problems and his inexperience with girls, he likely just flies off without talking to her. Any interaction with her would be colored by his associations with the cheerleaders he was in school with (in other words, bimbos at worst, catty bitches above that, and social climbers above that, in Dragon Mage's experience). So he'd either ignore her, or have one word syllables for her.

We have one more who is definetly interested, but are still working through character concepts and such. So we will certainly be able to get this off the ground. My other main thing right now is coming up with, and stating villains which is a snap luckily!

As long as everyone is in agreement, that sounds reasonable to me. Who knows, maybe over the course of the first few adventures Dragon Mage may just open up a bit :p.

That is the intention. It hopefully won't stay that way, but that is likely how it has been in the past.

Also, mostly he's dealt with criminals. Any super villains he's dealt with have been either low power, or gathering information on he, so holding back.

Just as well, because there hasn't really been any reports of Supervillains yet. A couple people stating they have seen strange things in the extensive sewer system, or out by the docks, but most of that has been rumor at best. Or the ones you have faced we're more like crazy people without the drive, or skill, to back it up with.

Since I am the new member on the team here I just wanted to say hi, so here we go:

Hi!

Hi!

Okay, from this point we are very nearly ready to start! I will state that the first couple of posts may be a little slow, in order to build things up a bit. Slow in this case means somewhat more mundane and general. I will have the first post up at some point later today, don't feel rushed because its probably just going to be an opportunity to kind of give you guys a moment to describe what you are doing at that given time.

I will also have the first issue name and some of the basic contents of said issue available on the Game Set Up and Rules Thread somewhat before the actual post goes up.

All right, with the advent of the great adventure upon us some random thoughts about how Samantha and The Blue Streak could get to know each other.

Samantha knows that the men in the dark suits are looking for her, and so she has looked up the schedule for the next freight train to hop on and skip town. Before that, though, she needs provisions and maybe something decent to wear. So she breaks into a supermarket at night.

Right, of course the thing has a silent alarm, and soon some lighting fast girl with a funky blue costume shows up to arrest her. A little dispute starts where Samantha tries to explain why she can't let herself get arrested, and before things can turn violent a black van or a helicopter or both show up to prove her point and cause the girls to band together.

Just an idea.

That sounds like an interesting idea to me. I think we can make that work to kick things off so long as everyone is okay with that.

After dealing with personal problems, I'm back.

I'm fine with that, I'm also fine dealing with either crime.

Also, just rechecking the system. 4-6 is a success, 1-3 is a failure, correct?

Glad to have you back!

Every 2,4,6 is a success and every 1,3,5 is a failure. And remember that 6's explode.

Now we shall see if our last member would still like to play.

Hope I haven't messed up anything the GM had planned with what I've stated. Also, not sure if I needed to bold the whispering or not...

Lol, I'm still the GM, but the difficulty was low enough to where he got a decent number of net successes. I think what you wrote out is totally fair, but I think I might make general trait rolls against a static difficulty a little more concrete. Not necessarily an "you win", or "you lose", but only extend the limits of what an individual can "express" with their successes to a slightly more general level of detail due to the nature of play by post. Not really sure what that means/will entail but I will work on it.

Two more technical questions, then...

a) We should agree to all use either first/second person or third person. I am fine with either, it just feels a bit weird to mix it up.

b) Since these are ordinary burglars and thereby by definition bad people if Samantha stays in hiding so she will not alert anyone by stirring up a ruckus will that already give the GM a point of adversary?

A.) third person would be best for this I think.

B.) I will not be getting any adversity if you choose to stay hidden. However, if you than choose to let them get away without doing anything, or if you let them get away and did so with the intention of letting them get away, then I would get some adversity.

Okay, so just to clarify, Dragon Mage (Quincy for much shorter reference) is waiting for them to exit the building. He doesn't want to cause unnecessary collateral damage, and that is what his powers do. Not much finesse. He figures they'll go out the way they came. But he will chase after them if they head another way, and he will confront them.

Also, how long (both real life and in the roleplay) will we wait for the Blue Streak? It will take time for the alarm to be raised to her, but she'll probably get there within a couple of minutes from wherever she is. I just don't want her left out, and can wait however long is needed.

A bit weird. So it is fine that Samathat tries to steal, but condoning others to do the same generates adversary?

Oh, and regarding collateral damage, I fear that soon will become Samantha's second name. After all, a Might score of 10 is bound to cause some amusing anarchic havoc. :)

Cherubian said:
A bit weird. So it is fine that Samathat tries to steal, but condoning others to do the same generates adversary?

No. Usually it would indeed generate a point of adversity for me. But the way this works is that I get a point of adversity at the start of each issue for each player in the game. So essentially, because you chose to start that way I was just rolling those two things together. So you know, if Samantha decides to all of a sudden steal some stuff just so she can have it in the middle of the issue than I will indeed be getting adversity.

As for BlueStreak, I have not heard from Zorrita in awhile. I'm not sure if she just isn't interested anymore or if RL decided to get in the way. I'm not sure really. I agree though that I would rather not get too far ahead too quickly so we might freeze it right here for a few more days to see what's going on.

It has indeed, and I have gotten no response from our third player. As such I think we have a couple of options:

The first being that we continue with just the three of us. It isn't ideal, but I've made it work before, and it shouldn't be all that hard to do as long as it makes sense to you guys.

The second of course being that we can put out the call for more players, which might be the more sensible option.

The third, and the most negative one, is that we can shelf this for a bit and see how long it would take to possibly garner interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom