Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Rapture Academy - OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaybee said:
Hey I'm not that malevolent! Or Male for that matter...

Oops, my bad. Has been edited. The male part, that is. :)

Since Michaela's fetishes are out in the open already in the character thread, well, do as you wish. :)

This is driving me crazy:

Corruption is a statistic rated from 1-10, representing the character's progress toward a lower level of Virtue. Each time a character climaxes while at 0 Virtue, they gain 1 point of Corruption. When the character is called upon to make a corruption test, roll two dice and add the results together. If the total is equal to or less than the character's Corruption score, the character is reduced to 0 Corruption and one point of Virtue is converted to Desire.

Corruption tests are made at the end of any scene in which the character gained a Corruption point (or would have gained one if already at the maximum of 10.) Some characters have an Achilles Heel flaw, which means that under certain circumstances they have to make corruption tests at a -4 penalty. For example, Zoe has Achilles Heel: Helplessness, gaining the penalty in any situation that she can't conceivably talk or slut her way out of.

You can only gain Corruption at 0 Virtue, and corruption tests are made at the end of a scene you gained Corruption in... so how could there ever be a point of Virtue for the corruption test to convert to Desire? :huh:

Likely the text meant climaxing while at 0 current Virtue.

The way I understood it sex in the game works such that you temporarily replace your partners virtue with desire, and once he gets to six desire that way the bells and whistles go off.

All this does not change your base Virtue and base Desire. Those only change once enough corruption tests go wrong.

Or I might have completely misunderstood it all.

So it's changing what other parts call the initial values. That definitely makes sense. I want this to still be an editable wiki so I can clear it up. :p

Kaybee, could you give us a brief status update? I can understand if RL is keeping you from getting this started, it just would be good to know.

Yep Yep! Sorry! Life happened and then a convention happened and long story short my long weekend was full of other people. On the other hand I have free time now so I suppose I can try to get us started, give me until tomorrow to get an opening together for everyone?

Hm... Seeing as Michaela and Paige are both in House Deadalus, would it be reasonable to intertwine their backstories a bit? Perhaps Paige often walks with Michaela on the way back to their dorm so that she won't have to worry about any marauding boys or something similar?

I'm just writing the opening post now and the answer to this will affect it slightly so I'd like to know for sure before I go and post something that people might disagree with.

I will post the intro tonight or when KCR replies in the affirmative, whichever comes first.

Maybe give it another day (and a PM?) until KCRiley replies. Would be a bit unfortunate if you wove your intro around her and then she could not join us.

If you're sure? I've really been leaving you all hanging for a while on this so I'd rather get started than keep holding off. A PM couldn't hurt though.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to get this started sooner rather than later.

But obligation alone is a bad motivator, and it would be great if we could have everyone on board.

I will lazily shift the responsibility away from me by pointing out that you as the GM should have the final say. :)

I will be fine with whatever you decide.

well it's been a few days, i say just go on and let KC join us later if s/he shows up

Damn. I'm so sorry that I vanished. I decided to stop checking back at exactly the worst time, apparently. Don't hate me!

The intertwining with Michaela is absolutely cool. Paige might not feel great about it, but that's fine with me. :angel:

Ahh, welcome back then. :)

So now there is absolutely NO obtacle to getting this started, or is there?

Nothing but four papers and finals... I had completely forgotten about this thanks to college.

I would try to argue in my favour, but I really have no excuses, sorry everyone. I can still try to start this sometime in the future but I'm not even sure if the inspiration is still there anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom