Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Shattered Soul (kuro_bara x Alenaeon)

He thought for a moment before giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. "I'm not sure, it might be difficult!" He said with an obviously teasing tone. "Oh, oh. I know right where to go. The place wasn't overly friendly to my natural state but you'll love it. We can prepare and be on our way. Hm, did we ever resolve how you could become immortal, if you so wanted?"

Beth shook her head slowly. "We did not...but...Rem..." She looked up at him with a pensive expression. "Would you be happy with me forever?" It had occurred to her, that becoming something immortal would be selfish in that there would always be some obligation between them. She could feel Thea howling inside, this was something she did want selfish or not.

He couldn't help but laugh, as if the idea that he wouldn't be happy with her forever was ridiculous. His smile widened and he leaned in and kissed her firmly on the lips, holding her close to him as if that would answer the question. His body relaxed, and while the pain started to seep in from the blade that had wounded him, he was happy to be with his love. He held the kiss for a few moments before pulling away and nodding. "Yes, if you would remain with me, I would gladly be with you for an eternity. You are wonderful, you are the love of my life and time shall not change that."

Her lips lingered on his for a moment as he pulled away and her cheeks darkening in a blush at his comment. How he had come to care so deeply for her in the time they were together still surprised her...though she supposed her little experiement might have had something to do with it. She brushed her lips against his once more before opening the door and entering her small apartment. Beth realized with a pang that she wouldn't see this place again once they left her world.

As she stood gazing at her shelf of books, she started to feel the ache through their connection and frowned slightly. "Rem you're injured." She placed a hand on his chest, able to find the injury through the simple connection.

He nodded. "I'll be fine, don't worry. Although we should probably find a way of transportation, moving from plane to plane myself was easy but when I'm with you. Well, I don't think either of us will want to abandon the memories and experiences we make so we should work on something that we can bring with us." He heads over to a chair and sits down, closing his eyes as he thinks. Already ideas were flowing through his head.

Beth stood beside the chair for a moment considering before weariness won out over manners. She slid onto his lap and rested her head against his shoulder, happy for the simple close contact. The day had been a hard one and she could feel the exhaustion setting as she dozed quietly on his shoulder.

He hugs her close to his body as he closes his eyes, his arms firmly wrapped around her. He smiled as he let sleep overtake him, not a care in the world even though the book seemed to be very angry. But book couldn't do anything at the moment. He rubbed her back in his sleep, if only to keep himself active.

Beth slept through the night curled into Remwald's arms. Her reckless over use of magic had burned her out even with Thea joining her to sustain her life. Nearly dying for the second time was also weighing her down. It was well into the morning when she woke and peered blearily around her small living room. It looked different to her...like she had already let go of this place, like it was a strangers house and she was the interloper.

She slid off his lap and wandered into her bedroom washing and changing into a corset style dress as well as throwing a few clothes into a leather satchel that she could toss over her shoulder. She didn't bother with any sentimental things, they would only remind her of what they went through here.

Padding back out to the living room she gently shook Rem awake. "Remwald?" She murmured softly.

Back
Top Bottom