Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dungeons and Dragons!

Felixia_Luna

Supernova
Hello everybody, this is a interest check into a Dungeons and Dragon's RP group. I have campaigns I have written for real groups I have DM'ed before, hopefully giving me some credibility. Heh.

I don't want this to be a dice rolling adventure, because those are hard to handle on text, and rolls can be fudged and such. My idea was just to have a group of adventurers going out into the world I portray and have fun! I would be taking the roll of the GM and an actual player. Dealing with creatures and such would fall into my category, along with NPC's, and story if we want a structured environment.

If you have any questions feel free to ask and to also post interest! I really don't know what else to say at this point, because it is a general interest tester. I would like the group to be 5, not including me if able. The group needs to be able to atleast be able to post once a day, more is desired. However since I myself am still in school, I know the troubles that these demands place on a person, so I am obviously open to fudging times around in order to accommodate players.

Oh, I guess I need to also give the options of stories I have:

Evil campaign....name pretty much says it all. You are the bad guys and can do what you want. There is a story to get it started though...heh.

Skyrim Campaign...name also describes it well. It is more centered on neutral to good characters, and is heavily story driven, but there is still a lot of side stuff to be done.

Both have it's own character building modifications, since vanilla is boring. It would be D&D 3.5 also....so much variety lol.

ANYWAYS! Enough of my ramblings, post if interested, and if so, in which campaign!

So I have Nihilistic, Equinox, Dr. Nibbles, and Shadowkiller right now for those that are interested.

Here is what I have done so far: (Copy and paste from word doc so sorry if it is long.)

Evil Campaign Notes:

Starting Level: 6th

Starting Wealth: 100 gp, and one magical item that the DM approves, this item can be a weapon, armor, or misc item.

Approved Races: All non-psionic (don’t want to read those rules again x.x, a freaking pain in the ass)

Approved Classes: Pretty much anything not psionic.

Alignment: Not following alignments listen in D&D, the characters act as the player wishes.

Backstories: Include any relevant information from your childhood and why you are currently in the trading port of Riddleport. Riddleport is a small village on the Blood Islands, known for being a haven for those seeking to escape the mainland. Inside their backstory, they also need to include how and by what means they acquired their magical trinket (through deed or merit, as long as it is explained). Include tastes, darkest deeds if applicable, and if anyone is out for their head.

On Gear: Each character will start with a bedroll, waterskin, flint and steel, knife, hooded cloak, and explorer/adventurer/entertainer clothing, depending on their profession. Certain classes might be candidates for extra equipment as it pertains to the setting.

On Magicians: Spell casters will start with an implement (orb/staff/ or wand), a wizard will also start with a 100 page spellbook. There will also be a cap of only 2 spellcasters (this includes divine and nature magic.)

On Martial: A martial character will start with a light or medium armor for free, which cannot be cashed in for extra money. They will also receive one weapon of their choice.

Going to do real damage: Arrow in the thigh reduces movement and causes them to favor the other leg. Takes time to be at 100%. This also means when the character is reduced to zero or less there will be permanent damage dealt. This includes losing eyes/ears/hands/etc. That said, certain conditions could also warrant losing body parts…acid…fire….that crazy prostitute with that cleaver…haha.

Required to eat, drink, and sleep. So it is best to establish a quartermaster who will keep track of food supplies, and it is also best for at least one character taking a craft and profession cook…unless you like leather tasting carrots.

Luck: In addition to the normally rolled stats, Luck will also be a main stat. It will influence pretty much everything in the sense that you might be considered lucky. The group may have all been shot at by that horde of skeleton archers, but somehow they missed you due to you higher luck. This will not be favoritism, it just means I might reconsider something bad happening to you.

On Stats: Due to us not reading the rules right, my groups have always done at every 4th level; the players would get a +1 to two stats of their choice. This will apply with these characters.

I will not be a dick and kill off characters every chance I get, but there will be consequences for dumb mistakes. Not checking the strength of that rope beforehand and then rappelling down a hundred feet? Yea it snaps at 50 feet if you are unlucky.

I will take a vote to see if the group wants to do the story I had made, or if they want to just to a free-form campaign with random quests thrown in now and then. The DM is here to please the characters.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Race:
Str: Dex: Con: Int: Wis: Cha: Luck: (roll 4d6, drop lowest)
Physical Appearance: (Pic or descriptions)
Gear:
Quirks:
Personality:
Fetishes if you wish to include: (Don't just send a link to a rabbithole or whatever, actually list it out if you don't mind.)

All I could think of, add extras as you see fit.

As for the map, I am still making it.

Ok so I will just call it there for now.

The group shall be Pols, batman, Nihilistic, Equinox, Dr. Nibbles, and shadowkiller.

If you can post your characters in this thread for my approval, or to PM them to me and I post the finished version, I would be fine with that.

Skills I talked about earlier, see page one.

Armor class will determine how often you get injured when you guys fight. It would just be a cinematic kind of fighting. If you have heavy armor, it would follow the lines of "The minotaur's axe scrapes along your plate armor, leaving a deep groove but not penetrating your armor." If they were wearing lighter armor, it would be along the lines of "The minotaur's axe easily cleaves through your leather armor, biting deeply into your flesh and causing you to go flying back, bleeding profusely." I hope this makes sense.

HP: Would be how hard attacks actually hit. Referring to the axe again, if you had alot of hp, you could stand up after getting knocked back with the blow, but if you had lower HP, you would be on your butt for awhile. Subject to change.

Base attack, how likely your attack will hit. Low attack, your attacks most likely will be dodged or parried, but a higher means your attack will most likely chop down opponents easily.

Blackguard would fill that niche. Since the class is just a reversed SRD Paladin, sure.

Ok NOW I am setting the group: Mech, Nihilistic, Equinox, Dr. Nibbles, Pol, and Shadowkiller right now for those that are interested.

If these people would create their character's and PM me them, I would be happy. Also, since there are only 2 magic spots, first come first served if you are looking at a magic spot.

Also, if you guys could stick to the SRD classes, I would be super happy, because homebrewed classes are always difficult to determine if they are balanced or not.

Yes, Blackguard also works. If you prefer I can go with it. =)

Does the Blackguard/Anti-Paladin counts as a spellcaster class?

Since this is not really meant to be following the D&D specific guidelines, you can just go straight into the blackgauard class. Yes, it counts as spellcaster class.

If you want to just go the Anit-Paladin, go for that.

Quirks is just how your character acts and such. It is personality, or certain things he does that others might find weird. Like her might had a teddy he carries around or something like that.

Gear:
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Armor
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Weapons
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Adventuring_Gear

Level adjustment: Anything below 2 is fine, over 2 means that it comes into play.

Multiclassing: I don't see a problem doing this.

Monstrous Races: What did you have in mind?

Those are fine together, and it just really depends on the race you pick. Some races don't make sense as barbarians or scouts, so it just falls into what makes sense really.

Yes, those are added in to make the total.

Also, since I was being lazy, I won't have the map finished until tomorrow. I will be uploading it from my phone, since I am doing a pencil drawing. I will try to make it as visible as I can.

Also now that I am thinking of it, add how many levels you have put in your class. Ex. Fighter 6, or Ranger 3 / Druid 3.
You can add what special abilities that grants if you wish. Also add movement speed, your base attack, and what skills you are trained in. This is just to help me out. On Feats, go ahead and list them out as well (Was just re-reading and caught that part of your post Mech).

Once you finish your character and post it in this thread, at the end tell me if you want to start with the story entrance I have written, or if you want more of a free setting.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Feats

For skills, go to your class you picked, and it says under the table.

Back
Top Bottom