Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Other Little Things That Bother You

Status
Not open for further replies.
CutePhoenix said:
People who lie about stupid things just to try and get attention.

One of my favorite personal experiences with this was this guy on gaming forum I use to frequent who claimed to be a beta tester for the non existent Kingdom Hearts game The Keyblade Wars. He made a topic about it bragging and acting all high and mighty. It didn't take long for people to post about his rather piss poor attempt at lying about it. He then responded with "proof" which was just pictures from the secret ending to 2 that featured Terra, Aqua and Ven in their armored forms. This made the whole thing particularly sad and humorous cause he attempted this lie when it had been known for a long while that the game that bit was based on was Birth By Sleep, the PSP prequel.

I was one of the people that called him on the lie. In the midst of him arguing with me and other posters, he PMed me, going on a curse filled rant about how stupid I was and how great a gamer her was, so on and so forth. Not long after that, he PMed me and actually asked me to help him with his lie and back him up on it. Not long after that the whole topic/arguement ended as he stopped posting.........which was then soon followed by him PMing me yet again, apologizing and more or less kissing my ass whilst saying I was a cool person and we should talk more about games.

Yea..........it's really no wonder I quit going to Gaiaonline........

LMFAO. Oh Gaia! The good ol' days.
It's all filled with children now. Although I guess technically I was one of those children when I was on it. xD

Non-related:
I hate when people make everything about competition - and them winning.
Me: "Yeah I'm a huge Marvel fan."
Other person: "Oh Em Gee, I am the biggest fan: I have all this, and that, that no one can compare to my awesome adoration for Marv-" STFU. kkthanks.

Yea, I just kind of stumbled upon the site. Was originally just searching for some Zoids stuff and came upon a fansite that was apparently down with the person who ran in leaving a message on the front page saying if anyone needed to contact him, he'd be on Gaiaonline. I checked it out for simple curiousity. Hung around there alot back then but eventually, I just couldn't stand the place anymore.

The gaming and RP forums I hung around were bad enough but the social forums, like Chatterbox........good god.......it was horrifying.

Anywho, I hate it when people ask to borrow something, then get all pissy when the other person says no.

I take care of my stuff, electronics especially. So there is no way in hell I'm gonna loan out games or a full console to people I know will leave the discs just lying around outside their cases, or leave the stuff in their hot ass car, right in the sun all damn day long.

I do let people borrow stuff, but only if I know they'll take good care of it. Otherwise..........tough luck, get your own stuff.

When you take initiative and set up plans with people and then one of them decides to change the day because they are anxious, but that day doesn't work for you..... but everyone else would rather do it that earlier day....... leaving you to rot in the fucking dust..... alone. What sucks more is that the day you suggested worked for EVERYONE. So fucking selfish.

While I'm reading, people who won't stop talking to me. I haven't responded, obviously trying to ignore you, please shut up.

People who constantly bitch and whine about someone or something ripping off something they like.

Such as the constant arguments over Digimon and Pokemon and who ripped off who.

And about a million examples of people whining over a videogame ripping off another game just because it uses even one things that's slightly similar.

And one of my favorites, as yet another example from GFAQs, where a guy through a hissy fit saying Christopher Nolan ripped off Hideo Kojima because The Dark Knight had Batman using the Fulton recovery system, which had also been featured in Metal Gear Solid 3 a few years before TDK ever came out. Now, this wasn't simply because MGS 3 did it first. The guy was also under the impression that the Fulton system was a completely original creation of Hideo Kojima's genius. Yea........problem with that was that Fulton was actual real world technology created way before either series ever existed. The hissy baby swiftly disappeared when he was informed of that after arguing with people about Nolan ripping off Kojima.

Also, I hate part of the format of the television show, Gangland.

Now, I actually really like the show as I find the subject matter it covers interesting. But, what I hate is how they'll start talking about an important moment in the featured gangs history right before they go to commercial. Now, that is fine. But, when they come back from commercial, instead of continuing the same story........they just randomly start talking about something different and unrelated, and don't come back to the important story until like 15 or 20 more minutes later.

Boys whose pants are hanging down low that their ass is hanging out. You end up walking like a penguin and it is not attractive. Pull your damn pants up before I tie a belt around your waist.

CutePhoenix said:
Also, I hate part of the format of the television show, Gangland.

Now, I actually really like the show as I find the subject matter it covers interesting. But, what I hate is how they'll start talking about an important moment in the featured gangs history right before they go to commercial. Now, that is fine. But, when they come back from commercial, instead of continuing the same story........they just randomly start talking about something different and unrelated, and don't come back to the important story until like 15 or 20 more minutes later.

In spring of 1997, in a small Alaska town, the Warlocks would gain international attention during a holiday event.....

Commercial

Saturday, May 18th, 1987. Stuff happened, but the interesting stuff from before, you're gonna need to wait even longer for. Then some more stuff happened.

Commercial break

Four hours after Cheekypoo McGangKilla was raped and murdered by the Hells Angels, the Warlocks would gain notoriety in an act of retaliation that would shake the sleepy town of Bumblefuck to its core....

(Fadeout voices) Gggggggggg gangland.

Commercials

Now here's that interesting thing we mentioned an hour ago.

---------------

Yeah, it bugs me too, but its all editing tactics to try to hook the viewer into watching longer, and sitting through Hardees and JCPenny ads so they don't miss anything.

On topic: ingrates.

Here's a story. For 2 weeks, I've had a buddy stay at my house, sleeping on my couch. Now, I didn't mind, but the homeowner did, so after 2 weeks of chilling, giving him rides to and from work and all the things he had to do, I took him home. Its not a big deal, he only lives 5 minutes away. Now, the problem here is that I just started a new job, and won't be getting paid until June. He said he'd give me gas for all the rides I been helping him with. A reasonable deal.

He bitched and moaned about $35. I asked as politely as I could if perhaps he could bump it to $50, because he'd just gotten paid and money doesn't grow on trees when you're unemployed and going to college.

He tried using the "being a good friend to you, I shouldn't have to pay you anything" excuse.

Well excuse me, motherfucker, gas isn't free, my truck doesn't run itself, and if this is the bullshit you're going to pull when I need gas to get paid back for all the bullshit driving you made me do those last 2 weeks, you had better not ask me for shit again or I swear the next time it's cold and raining and you're gonna be late to work, you better ring a goddamn ride that's closer and friendlier than me right now.

He seriously pissed me off with that. "I've been a good friend I shouldn't have to pay you" my ass, what about the 2 weeks you spend at my house, racking up the bills, eating my food? What about the rides I Gave you to work, to the mall, to your dates, to everything you needed, was I not being a good friend when I asked nothing in return save the gas I was using? Because the truck is on its last legs, and gas aside it costs money to repair kit, money I am not charging YOU.

"Being a good friend" what a load of horse shit.

Well, that's true. But The CW does it better......

"If you're just tuning in.........Clark Kent has been shot..........we now continue........"

Joker--so called 'friends' like that just plain SUCK. Get your gas money at least!

Cute--that's how they got me hooked on Smallville and then Supernatural. It's torture!

As for my beef: I got a damn cold but 2 brand new RP partners all in the same day!! I'm exhausted and feel like shit but I so wanna post and plot and write all night! To top it all off, I'm on my ancient laptop so everything is l a g g i n g so bad! Meh-got out the stuff buggin me lol. :p

I just found it so damn weird and funny. While I got into Smallville a few seasons into it's run, I don't remember them ever doing a little recap like that. Then, out of nowhere.........."Oh, hey guys. If you missed the rest of the episode, the main character just got shot and is dying.......Have fun!"

Supernatural, I got into during season 2 and have caught all of it since. Also managed to catch the first season and the bits of 2 that I missed. Gotta say, they sure know how to end a season finale on a cliffhanger. Though, the resolution of the cliffhanger doesn't always play out as well as the cliffhanger itself.

I'm up to season 5 of Supernatural, and not to give away spoilers, I will say that some shit ends up being mind-blowing. Admittedly though, I preferred when the show was about beasts and monsters from various folklore rather than what it became as of season 4.

As to Smallville.... I never cared for Superman. Yes, he was the first DC comic hero, and YES, he has some okay villains. But not only does the whole super-powered clean-cut boyscout thing bother me, but the truth is that if he were in a solar system that didn't give off the same radiation as our own, he'd be just as plain and ordinary as you or me.

Honestly, on topic: people who praise Superman as an inspiring and well-written superhero. There's a lot of worse examples, but Superman is by far the most irritating example of a 'hero' people give credit to where there's other heroes so much worthy of a fan base (like the Green Arrow of DC, Sandman of Marvel, or Badrock of Image)

/comicnerdrant.

I tend to get worked up too easily over stuff relating to comic books. Probably because I'm writing one and trying to NOT do these things that bother me.

*bursts into the room suddenly with an intense expression*

AREWETALKIN'ABOUTSUPERNATURALINHERE?!?!?

Something that bothers me: when "those" fans - the ones who don't understand boundaries - ruin a con weekend for everyone else by asking really invasive and/or uncomfortable questions during a panel. The cast are taking time out of their busy schedule and time with their families to hang with us and answer questions. Don't be a dick.

Oh, and rhubarb pie. Don't, man. Just don't.

*backflips out of the room again*

When people who have worked at a place longer than you think it's appropriate to act like your superior when they are not.

Judging and condemnation. When someone instantly considers him/herself better because they 'don't smoke, drink, or do drugs,' and I do (the first 2)-it's rude. My vices are out in the open. The same ones that call me a monster for smoking are the ones who are cutting themselves or doing other hidden vices. This forum is for open minds so we can all find our niche-not to condemn others for being honest about who they are. *stalks off grumbling*

Petty revenge really bothers me. In fact, sometimes it bugs me more than one big vengeance plot because it says that someone is going out of his/her way to **** me off.

Being two-faced is a big one on my list. If you want to say something mean about me, say it in front of me so that I can respond. I really hate politics and religion (no offense to anyone who has a religion).

Passive-aggressive crap annoys me.

The fact that people don't tell staff about problems with request threads. If something is against the rules FUCKING REPORT IT.

Jesus christ.

I a zillion times this. Why? Because staff know the rules best and shit... I know them EXTREMELY well as I wrote them. As for the reason behind why this bothers me......... because potentially getting something wrong (which has happened numerous times) creates confusion and then staff has to clean up a large mess. Not fun. At all.

Peeve: Why is it that children will run up and hug my pitbulls with love and joy, but the enormous 6ft tall father will stand there watching in absolute fear to even approach?

I SWEAR my dogs are good with other dogs, kids and cats! Why are people racist about dog breeds but ridiculously PC when it comes to human terms?

Office Space no longer being on Netflix stream.

Sometimes I don't mind being called "Sir" or "Dude" or whatever.

It's when it's blatantly obvious that I have a rack and a V between my legs that I get irritated.

When people automatically assume you're a lesbian because you wear jean vests and have more of an alternative style.

Thanks, stereotypes.

What is this new thing on the internet about chicks wearing makeup being fake? I'm sorry, I'm not fake until I'm a fictional character in a story book. Knock it off, already. Jeeeeez.

Hahvoc The Decepticon said:
What is this new thing on the internet about chicks wearing makeup being fake? I'm sorry, I'm not fake until I'm a fictional character in a story book. Knock it off, already. Jeeeeez.

Oh my god - I second thisssss.

Girls are automatically labeled fake as soon as they put on a speck of makeup. Like dafuq.

Another pet peeve: When you're the last person to find out about an event... that is the same day... in an hour... that you're expected to go to. /Italianfirstworldproblems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom