Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

GURPS 4e

Status
Not open for further replies.
GM: The marble glows even brighter now, and Leo feels an odd tingle shoot up his spine and rest at the base of his neck. Even he, who doesn't magic at all, can tell that this is a particularly powerful magic... And it is still going. It is going to cast something, and, although he can't tell what, he knows that it is going to be BIG.

Leo sighs, and readies himself for something, while still holding the red marble. He'd prefer to deal with this here and now, and find out what it does. Plus, by holding it he could possibly guide the magic. Not that he knew for sure. Weird things happened to him, and they weren't always explainable.

GM: The Marble's light flashes unexpectedly, blinding Leo for a few seconds...

When he opens his eyes, however, he might've just wished to keep them closed. For in front of him stands a very mighty-looking DRAGON. Its green scales shine and shimmer in the sunlight like a blanket of jade and emerald. The beast's spread wings remind him that there would be little chance of escape if he tried to run. The Dragon's tea kettle lets out a banshee wail, letting Leo know...

Wait, what?

Leo stares for a moment to verify that yes, the marble had summoned a dragon... with a teakettle. He managed to say, "Hi, I'm Leo." Before continuing to stare, trying to take everything in. It was set to be a very weird day...

GM: The Emerald Dragon looks upon him with great scrutiny... then smiles, showing off its very sharp teeth.

"Why, hello again! I must admit, I did not expect to see you again so soon! Would you like to join be for a spot of tea?" the dragon offered politely in a gently British accent.

Leo remembers the dragon's name to be Nzotcptr. He still hasn't figured out how to properly pronounce it without a tongue at least a yard long.

"Some tea would be great, actually. Thanks, Emerald." It was the name they'd agreed on, since he couldn't pronounce Nzotcptr. "How have you been? And are your kits doing well?"

GM: As the Dragon pours the tea into some teacups that mysteriously appeared, it chuckled amicably. "Oh, I've been well. No one has attacked our den in a while, so I'm thankful for that."

She takes a sip of her tea. "Jouauoelnw has become really attached to some human girl, and I worry for him. Joining forces with a Dragoon? He could get himself killed!"

The mother Dragon just shakes her head and sighs. "Kpoinrtwaqzx has become a guardian of a forest, so at the very least I know that she won't be attacked by demons on a regular basis..."

Leo scratches his neck with his left hand nervously. "Umm... Jewel may have caught that idea from me. We got to talking, and I may said something along the lines of wanting to be a Guardian of Hope and Warrior of Light one day... But that's good that your Den wasn't attacked, and that Quartz is settling down in a territory, right?" Leo says after sipping some tea. It was really good tea. Emerald never did say where the honey came from. He'd managed to get the tea leaves, and finally the right way to prepare it, but Emerald hadn't parted with the specific honey yet. It left the tea he made rather incomplete without it. "Jewel's at least getting training, right? If so, he should be fine. And his partner isn't a ditz, right?" He dreaded the idea of Jewel near a ditz. Emerald could be very protective, and if she thought Jewel was paired badly, then... The worst, (for Leo) would be a tsundere. He wasn't sure how, or why, but Leo seemed to attract that type of women like a magnet. It had made winning martial arts tournaments awkward. First Kayla, then Celine, then Miranda, then...

Leo was a great believer in thens. They seemed to fill up his life. First he forgot his vest, then he rode through a Rift, then he got shot by strange bandits, then he summons an old friend (who's a dragon) with a red marble...

There were times Leo thought his life was an AU version of Ranma Saotome's. All he really needed was a rival on some misguided vengeance quest, and it would pretty much match. And now Leo had a premonition that he'd eventually get that. Just perfect...

GM: Nzotcptr takes another sip of tea and sighs. "Yes, well... I suppose. I just worry. It's not often that dragons survive into adulthood. There are so many adventurers these days, and... well..."

Nzotcptr sighs again, hanging her head as she does so. "Yes, Jouauoelnw should be fine, as he will be recognized as an ally and not an enemy. The girl he is with has a good head on her shoulders, but humans live such short lives. He could have at least chosen something a little more long-lived! Like an elf!"

"Kpoinrtwaqzx will be protected by and protecting the forest and all who live in it, so she should be all right as well. Still, she's effectively going into priethood, so I can forget about her giving me any grandchildren."

Nzotcptr sighs for a third time, refilling her tea cup as she had already drained it during her musing. "The worst part of it all is that I've been having trouble contacting either one. Jouauoelnw will be off on assignments fairly often now that he's joined the Dragoons. He always gets so excited to see or do new things, I'm worried he'll get in over his head. Kpoinrtwaqzx is in a forest most often visited by adventurers due to how powerful the monsters in it are. She could easily get mistaken for an enemy and attacked. Neither will be easy to correspond with..."

*sigh* "Oh, what's a mother to do?"

"We'll, I could go check on Quartz, if it connects to my home plane. As for Jewel, I can see about setting up some kind of message drop system for you, if you want? Maybe something to do with this?" Leo offers, and then holds up the red marble. "By the way, do you have any idea what this is? It's what brought you here, from my understanding. I'm guessing some kind of magic, but... I've never seen anything like it before."

Leo wasn't sure what else he could do. It wasn't like he could join the Dragoons. None of his combat skills were long range, and he was fairly sure you had to at least have the ability to cast magic. He couldn't, and didn't even have an occult book or supernatural guide. Leo probably should pick something up, come to think of it. Strange things happened to him often enough, and it might be nice to at least have an idea what was going on magically, instead of learning by experience.

"As for the whole 'long life' thing, some humans, especially those exposed and around magic live longer, and I think there's a magic of some kind that stops you from aging." Leo added. He was fairly certain that was what his landlady had used/done. Veronica Fisher looked like she was in her late 20's, early 30's. But, records had her as the landlady for 50 years! That was something he'd found out, in yet another convoluted part of his life. In short, the cliche 'running chase knocks person with stack of papers down'. Miranda had spotted him, and proceeded to loudly chase after him, shouting all kinds of things.

Leo didn't mind girls, but... some of them weren't exactly all there, or bystander friendly. Plus, none of them had bothered asking his opinion yet. If one of them had, or even now asks, he'd probably say yes to a date. He didn't know them that well. Just a few names, and that they all had been tough girls at tournaments, but had gotten very shy after he'd beaten them. And then begin following him.

GM: She nod gratefully. "Oh, yes! That would be much appreciated. As for that thing..." She squints at it appraisingly. "I don't know, but it appears to be a summoning medium of some sort. Other than that, I know nothing of it."

"Thanks. So, if it's a summoning medium, then that guy probably poured a good amount of energy into it, but since I picked it up before it activated, it pulled the magical being from my memories. I'm guessing, anyway. Magic isn't my forte, but I do know a little bit about energy, since I know a little bit about Ki." Not as much as he'd like, since his training in that area had been before the Fire.

"I think I can use this as a connection to your plane, and then you can direct me to where Quartz is settled. After that, I can play messenger to contact Jewel. I think... I'll have to talk to the government to be sure." He was in good standing with the government on Rifts. He didn't have a license, nor part of a group, but he was 'okayed' for Rift travel and dealings, since it seemed to happen to him so often. The only real issue was the Science Division wanting to study his 'luck factor'. It was almost as bad as the girls chasing him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom