Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Star wars! ooc chatter -Prosak-

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just in im an idiot and missed the crashing of the giant ship in my post, I will modify this fact in a few, but first i have another place i need a post.

Okay something is bugging me big time, hound and wild, you do know that mandalorian armor represses and suppresses force powers correct? It's lightsaber resistant, but while wearing it you can't actually channel the powers of the force, it cut's you off from the outside world, hence why the jedi never used it. Just needed to say it because it's driving me a little crazy.

Well Malin to be honest my Guy doesn't really use His force powers alot focusing more on his saber skills and also it says nothing about Beskar Armor Repressing and suppressing force powers. And if it does plz cite a website to prove me otherwise because from my experiance in SWKOTOR1,2,3 and Wookiepedia I see that Beskar Armor does nothing but block Saber attacks though they feel the force of the impact but the blade doesnt cut through.

Oddly enough it is a huge focal point of one of my books, (legacy bloodlines) but the rest of the world seems to have forgotten a jedi master being shut down while wearing beskar\mandalorian armor. Since i can't find a source on the net all i have is my statement that it's in the book so i guess ignore me. @_@

Well, I played both knights games, and never had an instance where I have worn mandalorian armor. So, I must say I dont know about the knights part. So inconclusive. But, I do know for a fact armor is not something jedi like to use. Not only does it, yes restrict powers. But it also AMPLIFIES SITH LIGHTNING ATTACKS. Just thought I would be friendly and say, your guy WILL, be a steaming shishkabob in 10 seconds, against a master sith. Armor is just a cumbersome no no. Jedi dont make rules about it so do as you wish, but your masters WILL, frown upon the unwise battle decision.

Edit: Also Melin. No need to edit, go and do as you please. But just letting you know as a player, that my character Conner is not a real threat. He is by all means a good guy, just a reluctant good guy. Go ahead and continue to play in character, but just letting ya know. He is a friendly.

Edit: Maybe a possible Jedi in the future, not sure. Depends on how things turn out with him. For the time being though, he is not sith nor jedi, just a betrayed young man, whom may be just one of the few this galaxy needs. :p Well, to be exact one of 8 this galaxy needs. (Let me know if I counted the numbers wrong on the republics side. Not sure where our bounty hunters stand.)

Eh alot of Jedi used armor depending of the times and circumstances (EX. Obi won Useing Clone Armor in Clone Wars. and many times during the KOTOR MMO Jedi Guardians use Armor/robe mixes) and no matter what you where if a Master Sith wishes it that lightning will turn you into a shishkabob but if a Jedi is strong enough within the Force or with a Saber they can deflect or absorb the attack (Yoda vs Dooku and Windo VS Sidious)

Sorry One moment... (Takes deep breath...clarifies.) Ok, There is a difference between a disguise, and amor for use. As for the mmo, it is an mmo. They cant leave ya with nothing. So they invented the idea that they did use armor. So yes armor is cannon. But full, enviromental armor...? No. No they dont. Tell me one fully enviromental armor for the knight or councilor in the mmo, just one and you win. But you cant. Now, as for the lightning you win. Yes, that does happen. I was speaking Kotor terms with that last bit. When in heavy armor in the games you cant use lightning abilitys, becouse logically you would shock yourself. And, lightning gets a critical damage for those in heavy armor. So, ya that is what I refered to on that. Arguing aside, it is as you said. You focuse on saber attacks.

Edit: Ok, my brother pointed out one thing. Vader is a near robot from his wounds, and wears a full enviromental suit, and still is the pimp of the dark side. So I am back to inconclusive on my opinion.

It's good too note that Vader's armor was actually custom made to not inhibit but rather amplify force powers, and even with it on his most notable feat is choking someone to death with finger pinches, and basic telekinesis a long difference from the moves he was capable of in the prequels before the armor. and sure enough he took crit's from lightning so your point is still valid.

Ok, I will decide on this. I will agree, you can use it. But, I will say it hinders you greatly. Why? Because in Melins defense, Vader had years to become use to his replaced body parts, therefor becoming natural to him. So it wouldn't hinder. Same thing with Luke. He had a robotic hand, jump a few years later in part 3/6 and he became used to it, and a master Jedi. So, in conclusion ya. You can in armor, you can with replaced parts. But it will become a hinderance, and down your ability. Until it becomes natural for you to have it, or be in it.

Also Melin, thanks. I was sure it does play a strong part. I mean seriously... Your wearing metal, and got hit by lightning. You might as well be flying a kite in a lightning storm with a key tied in the middle.

Vader can't/doesn't use Lightning because all it would take is one miss use and he is fried ex. HIS DEATH!
But ironicall Jedi master Plu Koon uses a form of Medium armor and a breathing aparatus and has actually use Lightning many times to punish his foes. and the Role in general for a Guardian isn;t that of a sentinel the Guardians are more Saber uses from the start while Sentinals are more the force users though they use basic abilites but nothing fancy (EX.Battle meditation used by Sentinels) and Councilors are manyly more diplomic and more Force users aswell but by far Guardians are the Heavy units you could see wearing armor and being tanks on the Battle feild. Though mostly Jedi in general dont use arm because as everyone knows armor can restrict movement. but not powers overall. While yes I may not be able to flip around like Yoda I can force choke a hoe for under pouring my drink.

See, were going into the game again. It was an rpg. They made sentinels, guardians, and councilors in that way to cheat at making classes. A councilor is a supreme master, and a leader of the jedi. Not some newly approved jedi seeking a wiser path. In the end though, we are debating a totally messed up universe, that contradicts itself in a constant basis. Lets just save our breath and move on. You want mandalorian armor? Fine! Lol, wouldn't be the first time goerges universe was forgetting its own set laws.

Edit: I honestly dont care. In the end what your character does or wears doesnt effect my life in any way... Unless you kill off my character in which case I will cry in a corner. Calling you profanity's most... Foul. lol

bloody hell I feel i missed alot. Sorry for taking so very long I lost internet this weekend and couldn't get it fixed until the creek across my driveway lowered so the bridge was cross-able.

lol it seems that way already got turrets armed and ready and soldiers running into the temple.

Malin, you get sick as a dog to often, :p heard of doctors? It is a new science. You go see them, they give you pills, and when you take them you feel aaaaall better. Lol. But, seriously hope your ok man.

Sorry guys for the quite delayed post. Now just need to wait for Prosak and sbc124's posts.
Anyway, I haven't seen Echo-Law or vikingpanda post in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom