Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

D&D 3.5 One on One: Tainted Hearts Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rokugan Campaign, Starting Level 5
The Crab Clan's main goal since the founding of the Emerald Empire has been one thing: to hold back the Shadowlands, and all the monsters created from Fu Leng's Fall. The Oni are numerous, and continue to grow in number. But despite centuries and even millennia of battle, the Crab Clan has managed to hold the line, and make sure the Taint spreads no farther than the _______ Wall. There are cracks, and ways to fly over or dig under, but the Crab Clan has guarded it as best it can, and does rather well, all said and done. For though they are outnumbered, they have not failed. Though they are often beaten in strength, they are have not broken. They are the first line against the Shadowlands, constantly moving sideways to halt monstrous advance. They... are Crab.

_______ (for the moment, we'll say Kurodo) is a Crab town, and proud of it. It lies about 3 days travel on horse from the _______ (we'll say Kagekaze for now) Wall. It's people mostly are Crab, with the occasional traveler. They are blunt, untraditional, and prefer to fight it out over talking, even the nobles in charge. And they are proud of it.

What better place to find a fight than the borders of the Shadowlands? Rikuya has been on edge the last few days. The bandits were too easy, the sake too watery and the miller's widow (who was his 'reward' for killing the bandits that plagued the small town of Aomachi) was skin and bones and could not keep up with his appetites. "I'm going to the crab's land!" was what he told her after a rather violent bout of fucking that left the poor woman unable to stand.

Rikuya had no horse, he walked wherever he went with the hopes of finding bandits who would try their luck with him. The open air, the fresh fish or game, life was good. Far better than the monastery. "Now..Let's see..Where can i find a good fight here" He said to himself, scanning the citizens, trying to find one who is a warrior. He knows one when he sees one, it's in the way they walk, the way they always maintain their center of gravity and it can also be seen in the way their muscles are bunched up.

<I would like to take 10 on Martial Lore, to try and find the local warriors. My rank+stat is 8>

Most of the local warriors aren't worth bothering, just normal samurai, sohei (temple guards, kinda like barbarian paladins), but two people grab Rikuya's attention. A man of black hair with a short ponytail at the base of his neck, twin wakizashi on his hips. The other is a tall woman with hip length white hair, a Dai-Katana at her hip. The man gives off the feel of a Tiger Claw practitioner, while the woman seems an Iron Heart.

The ex-monk frowned as he walked around, eyeing the people of the city. He expected more of the infamous Crabs. "Trash..Weakling..Too old...Too young..What's this?" He stopped, finally finding two worthy warriors. One of them a woman too and for Rikuya, a woman who knows how to fight is ten times more attractive. His bestial instinct awaken a desire both to fight and to claim the woman as his own. Leaping in front of them, the man landed in a crouch.

"Greetings, mighty warriors" he said in a half growl, his pronounced canines showing through his grin. "You both look like you would know where a man can find good fight to test himself..Perhaps you can help me? I am thoroughly bored and am looking for ways to test my limits". His eyes met theirs, a hint of attraction flashing when he eyed the white haired lady. (i think i might have seen a picture of an L5R character that really suits her description)

The two, from opposite sides of the road, stare at him, then each other. Both have a warrior's eye calculating each other and Rikuya. "Best to go outside the city. Might get a bit destructive, and don't want innocent bystanders getting hurt." Says the man. The woman's eyes are colder and less caring, but doesn't mind. She raises an eyebrow at Rikuya, silently saying 'what are you going to do?'

His grin grew wider. "You won't regret this. It'll be great for everyone!" he said happily, bounding away to find a secluded spot. "I am called Rikuya the Oni" he told them as he stretched his legs, preparing to fight. "So..Who do i face first? If i'm still standing, i'll fight the other one" he gave a respectful bow and entered his stance with a flourish. He would start with Desert wind. Not what one would expect from a hulking brute such as himself but it is a discipline he studied well. His stance became light, not planting his feet as is the conventional for hand to hand fighters.

"Tell me your names, mighty warriors, so i might remember this day fondly". He had respect for martial artists, not only because a beast respects strength, but also because deep down he envies them for having the discipline and determination that he himself does not.

"Jinryu Kurokaze." The man said with a clear baritone, introducing himself with a simple bow. "Would the lady like to go first or second?" The woman replied, "Second. Kanae Furukawa." The woman said with a medium tenor, uncaring to bow. Instead she steps aside to give them room.

"Very well." Jinryu says, before settling into a stance. "Ready when you are."

Roll Initiative, Roll Martial Lore to recognize stance.

(Rolling 1d20 + 7
( 4 ) + 7 = 11) *Initiative*

Rolling 1d20 + 8
( 11 ) + 8 = 19 *lore*

"I am ready now" Rikuya said, suddenly changing his stance into Diamond mind, his body relaxed and unmoving, like he isn't even in a fight, and yet his eyes showed focus. He is a warrior of many styles, most of them stolen from his foes or shared willingly by travelling masters. Most of them however, came from his time studying as a monk.

(I enter the stance of clarity, gaining +2 ac against one opponent and -2 to all others)

Jinryu, at an unseen trigger moves from Tiger Claw's Leaping Dragon stance to attack, striking with his bare hands in a Stone Dragon (Iwaryu) strike.

Initiative: 15+4=19
Attack Roll: 13+3=16
Damage: 1+3+12=16 nonlethal

The strike would have killed a horse, but Rikuya was too fast for it. "You are well trained" he said, focusing his Ki on ham-sized fists which began to glow and burn. Throwing everyhing he has behind the punches, he lets out a loud Kiai.

<i use Burning Fists (blade) and flurry of blows, the first attack being a stunning fist>

Attack Rolls total: 2+9=11 and 11+9=20
Damage: 9+2+10=21 <i'm sure the 11 one misses>

<crap, i forgot to mention non-lethal. Sorry, i'm too used to 4th ed. Can i make that non lethal damage?>

(Yes. Monk unarmed strike's are either lethal or nonlethal. Sorry about delay. Dead spot.)
Jinryu takes the second fiery fist silently in the side, his entire self seeming to be Rikuya's movements alone. He leaps over Rikuya in a moonsault (Leap, do a single flip while slowly spinning, land facing the opposite way you started), striking with a Claw at the Moon. Upon landing, he retakes his stance

Jump check: 11+10+8+4=33 (I assume that mets your AC
Attack roll: 21 total
Damage roll: 4+3+7=14
Jinryu refreshes his manuevers

<the 33 meets my ac, but the 21 does not, do i still take the hit?>

Jumping around and cutting him from behind, it was indeed a tiger claw style attack and Rikuya felt a moment of Admiration for the man. Crossing his arm as he spun, he blocked the attack with his metal bracers, feeling the force of it send shockwave through his body.

"More! Give me more!" he yelled, suddenly moving in a shadowy blur as Two Rikuyas threw kicks from different angles at Jinryu. <Kage no Te (shadow blade)>

Attack: 28/20.
Damage:4+5+2=11 if 20 hits, extra 3 cold damage for 14 non lethal damage

<don't worry bout the wait man, i know you got tons of games to take care of. You must really like DMing>

Jinryu takes the first kick on his arm, but Zepher Dances out of the second one. He focusing his own ki into a Burning Blade, grinning slightly at the irony, before striking with another Bonecrusher.

Attack Roll total: 26
Damage roll total: 3+3+10+17=33 total.
(In case you were wondering, he used his move action for Burning Blade. I play where you can exchange a 'larger' action for a 'smaller' one. Standard for move or swift, and move for swift. I enjoy playing D&D, and got to enjoy DMing.)

The blow shocked him greatly and Rikuya felt a sense of Panic engulf him, internal organs going into shock. The impact would have shattered rocks and he wondered if anything was broken. Spitting blood, he staggered and looked at the man with awe. "Well done..Very well done indeed". It was a desperate race now, both of them were hurt and it was only a matter of time before one of them collapses. Igniting the last of his inner reserves, he throws everything he has at his worthy foe.

<stunning-burning-flurry again, non lethal>

Attack: 21-25
Damage:14-20 *if the first one hit, the dc is 14 or stun*

<btw, what do you use for hit dice? average/roll/max? if it's average, Rikuya is KOed and we can just say he fell before throwing his flurry>

(I use max. I should mention that in the rules section.)

Jinryu takes the pair of burning blows in the ribs, and for the first time speaks. "Pretty good yourself." He swings another Burning Bonebreaker at Rikuya, the leaping kick breaking through Rikuya's defenses and knocking him out. With he wakes, it's to see Kanae with a glowing white hand coming off his chest. "It was interesting." She says, before taking a stance a little bit away. "I'm ready when you are."

Attack Roll: 27
Damage Roll: 27 total
(I'm assuming it KO'd you. Kanae healed you and Jinryu.)

<it did KO me unfortunately>

Waking up, Rikuya laughed loudly. "I underestimated you FAR too much! I must have a rematch with you one day!" he said happily, though inside he was burning. To be defeated in front of the woman he wants, it was truly humiliating. "I'm serious now" he said full of Bravado, perhaps abit too obvious in his shame. He focused his Ki into a dense ball inside him, bursting it and making his body go through a transformation. His muscles grew and he became bigger, more powerful, if somewhat awkward. <Spend 3 power point for Expansion, growing 1 size category larger>

"If i win, you will buy me sake, if you win, i will give you my special brew" he said, taking a swig from what was once an oversized flask. Now it seems right on size.

<init 23. If she goes first and comes closer, i will use an attack of oportunity to try and grab her>

As he walked forward, Rikuya used his newly increased size to fight from outside of Kanae's reach, swinging to get a hold of her with hands the size of a small table.

<touch attack 19. If that hits, 25 grapple check and if she can beat that, swift action and spend 1 pp for iron grip, making it 29>

Kanae is grabbed, and (damage goes through). She nods, and then Shadow Jaunts out of Rikuya's grasp, within range to strike. She takes up her stance again.

"Oh, so that's your game then?" he growled, annoyed that he won't be able to have his way with her. Hoping that she won't be able to use that maneuver more than once, he tried swinging once more, but if she can get out of his grip again, then he'll need to find other solutions.

(touch attack 18, grapple check 20 or 24 if she beats 20. 10 damage if it goes through)

"Stop running away!" he yelled.

"It's repositioning." She comments, blocking his attack with a Wall of Blades. She attacks with an Insightful Strike, before shifting her stance slightly.

Attack Roll: 24
Damage Roll: 25 (Concentration: 12, Ranks 8, Con +5
Kanae refreshed maneuvers.

The lady proved to be as skilled, if not more so, than his previous opponent and Rikuya began to feel powerless. He would need to land a decisive blow and so he went back to his most used attack. She would have seen him use it by now, but not in this size.

<burning-stunning-flurry>

Attack 28-15
Damage 4+6+1+4=15, fort save 14

The first attack strikes Kanae through her attempts to block with her blade, and the blow knocks the breath out of her.

Fort Save:...4. Again. I'm starting to dislike that number.

By the way, the damage Kanae did was nonlethal. Merciful enchantment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom