Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

D&D 3.5 One on One: Invasion of Savagery Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
<Initiative 21>

Bastian charges one of the edges of the goblin mass, tumbling behind the disgusting creature and swiping his mithral blade at the back of its neck.
<Tumble 11+8>
<Attack roll 10+10
Damage roll 5, flanking damage 6>

Bastion casually decapitates the goblin, and then catches sight of a blue furred goblin. Irvine shrugs off the blast, and draws his blade, cleaving a goblin as he did so. Tsuki and Aria both try to hit, but miss. Selma tries as well, but is tripped, and falls prone. The goblins all mess each other up, trying to hit their targets, while the blue furred goblin glows.

Bastian turns and sees his companions in combat with the crowd of goblins, and spots the blue furred goblin at the back. Recognizing that a glowing goblin is rarely a good thing, he leaps up onto and over the head of the goblin between him and his target, and leaps from its head toward the blue goblin, stabbing down at the creature's head.

<Jump 23, DC for a 3 foot goblin is 12 :) ; Balance check 13 O_O
I'm obviously taking liberties with the way the crowd is laid out, but can I assume that since I attacked the flank, he's also flanking the blue goblin? Because it's looking toward the rest of the group? I'll roll in case that's what happens, if not, you've got this.
Attack roll 5+10
Damage roll 5+6
Flanking bonus? 6

*crosses fingers*>
>

Bastion's blade smashes into a field of force in front of the blue goblin. The others, barring Aria, kill a goblin each. The goblins swarm, and slash into Aria. The blue goblin points at Bastion, and a swarm of crystals shred Bastion.
Damage to Aria: 5
Damage to Bastion: 7

Bastian takes the crystals full force and cries out in pain. He decides to save the blue goblin for his companions who understand a bit more about magic, and stabs at a nearby goblin's back, trying to cut his way to Aria.

<Attack 17+10
Damage 8
Flanking damage? 8>

Bastion runs another goblin through, and Tsuki leaps to replace Bastion, a Flaming Sphere flying from her hand at the strange goblin. Irvine just begins heading that way through the crowd of goblins, one death at a time. Selma gets up, and readies herself. Aria lashes out with her fist, pulverizing one of many goblins. The blue goblin is hit, but retaliates with a another barrage of crystal shards.
Tsuki's damage: 9
Irvine's Damage: 14
Aria's Damage: 19
Blue's Damage: 7

Bastian leaves Blue to Tsuki and Irvine and begins covering Aria and Selma, dicing the goblins between them.

<Attack roll 11
Damage 10
If backstabbing +5>

The goblin dodges Bastion's thrust, while the brawl rages on. Irvine brushes off the last of the goblins in his way with a sickening thud. Tsuki casts another Flaming Sphere, and both strike at the blue goblin. The twin balls burn past it's shield, and cause it to shriek from pain. Aria punts a goblin through the air and into an oak. The goblins mill, but do not hit anyone. Selma lunges out with her claws, but fails to do particular damage to the seething mass. The blue goblin sends a single crystal shard like an arrow at Tsuki, who twists out of the way with ease.
Tsuki: 7
Irvine: 14
Aria: 19
Blue: 20

"Irvine, help Tsuki!" Bastian calls, "I've got the small guys!"

He raises his sword and slashes at closest goblin in the mass.

<Attack roll 22
Damage 12
Backstab 7>

Bastion disembowels the goblin he strikes, before the seething mass replaces the fallen goblin. Irvine grunts as he swings his blade, which shines with energy and drips acid in it's wake. The massive sword smashes through the blue's defenses, and cleaves him in half. For a moment, the blue is dazed, wondering how it's legs and stomach were still standing, while he was on the ground. Then death claimed him, and fear captured the remaining goblins. Seething with terror, the group of goblins ran, leaving their dead behind. Tsuki goes healing from person to person, Irvine stubbornly ignoring her attempts to heal him.

Before Tsuki can heal him, Bastian spits blood on the ground. "I hate goblins. Who ever heard of a goblin mage?" He stirs in place, frustrated. He stamps his foot on the ground and spits again. "I hate goblins."

Bastian looks over the group. "Well then, if everyone is alright...we'll be off."

"Psion." Irvine grunts as the group cleans up and picks the dead of goods. "That was a goblin Psion. Isn't the first Blue I've fought, but they're rare."
Total GP gained each from gold and goods: 33 GP

"He didn't seem to give you much trouble," Bastian laughs. "I'll just leave those to you from now on."

The group finishes picking the goblins, moves them off of the road, and continues down the path.

Bastian takes Arianwen with him as he begins making inquiries around town, firstly looking for rumors and news, and then asking prominent people in town about the lich. During his time in the tavern, he puts his money found on the road to good use, treating his fellow drinkers as well as the barkeep, generously.

<Gather information, 12, 19>

Arianwen is pleased to go along with Bastion. Tsuki and Selma immediately head to shops, looking for things, while Irvine looks for a shop of weapons, armor, and other survival gear.
Bastion finds that there have been issues with the 'savage' races near Todo recently. A messenger has been sent to Pandora, but villagers fear escalation before the military responds.

Bastian further investigates things in town with two objectives, firstly finding out if there was any faster passage to Pandora than on foot, where there were horses available or some other means of travel, and then finding more about this issue with the savage races nearby, what incidents had occurred recently.

There are horses available, if you want to purchase some. Apparently the orcs, goblinoids, and gnolls are more active lately, and have been attacking and raiding people from around Todo, along with each other. No one's sure why, or how long it will last, and hope that the Imperial army will at least drive the savages back, if not crush them.

Bastian decides to consult with his companions, he seeks out Irvine, Tsuki, and Selma. "Two things," he says. "First, it appears this town has been dealing with beasts attacking and raiding, more than usual. Personally, I think this has something to do with our lich friend and the problem will best be served by our informing the capital. However, if any of you think we should investigate, we can stay in town and try to take on some of these orcs and goblins ourselves. Secondly, once we make way for Pandora, I think we need to increase our pace - I'm willing to buy riding horses for all of us so we get there faster, although, Selma, are you with us now? We welcome your company, if you would like to join us on the way to Pandora, but I'd rather not be out the gold if you wish to turn back."

Selma shakes her head. "I need to return to the Great Den, and inform my sisters of something." Selma says, looking slightly uneasy. "I wish you well, and you will hear from me again though." She states, before walking off into the wilderness. "I suggest we stay for at least a little bit, and earn those horses hunting down raiders." Irvine says, relishing the idea of battle. Tsuki shrugs. "I'm fine with whatever, really. There will always be problems to solve." Aria tilts her head, before stating, "Logically, it would be best to alleviate the situation here at least a little, before moving on, Master."

"Goodbye, Selma. No doubt our paths will cross again," Bastian says to the Neko, turning back to his party.

"Sounds good," Bastian says. "Let's kill us some orcs!"

The party heads out of town and begins looking for trouble.

<Hey look, it's the title of the game!>

Bastian sighs in exhaustion. "What do you think, guys? I'm reluctant to give up so easily, but we're low on time. You think someone in town might know a better place to find them?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom