Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Does Christmas offend you?

Does Christmas Offend you?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • No.

Votes: 16 94.1%

• Total voters
I'll provide first-person insight into why some non-Christians such as myself hold feelings of dislike toward Christmas:

As was mentioned above, all the advertising angers me. With the advertising comes peer pressure and I get crap from people like "What are you going to get your friends for Christmas?" to which I reply calmly "Nothing, as I do not celebrate Christmas due to my affiliation with a different religion." To that, I have found a few things ensue: I either have people act like they are taking pity on me, they try to convert me, or sentence me to eternal damnation. Pitying someone because they hold different faith is irritating as heck. It is also annoying that when I am simply going to the store for milk and trying to be converted. It is also aggravating to be sentenced to eternal damnation just because I believe differently.

In the Bible, it says that God created the heavens, the Earth, and all life. It also states to love ALL of God's creations. Why are most Christians anti-gay then? Why is it I cannot even do my job without religious harassment?

Another flaw I would like to add that my ranting reminded me of is what I call "Christian Justification". A basic summary is: It is alright for you to sin, and to do so over and over because you are Christian, whereas if I violate YOUR moral code ONCE, I am going to hell for eternity.

When the vast majority of the Christian faith wants to quit sitting around with the maturity and racism of a middle-school southern farmer and actually view people through LOGICAL eyes, then your holidays might get more respect from me.

One other (unrelated) point: The Pledge of Allegiance is by law not allowed in public school. The two words, "Under God" promotes a monotheistic religion in a government owned facility which directly violates the establishment clause of the 1st amendment in the Bill of Rights.

Anyone who I may have offended by this, I do not mean for you to be offended at all. I'm just stating as I see things.

-Solbane

You have a right to your point of view, Solbane. No one is condemning, but I would like to make a point of order.

While you may not have met some of them, there are many Christians out there who show love and are like what you are wishing to see.

The problem, just like many who claim to never see "the spirit of Christmas in others", as those many say, is that those people have blinders on that make them just as bad, or if not worse, than those who they condemn.

No one is perfect.. but it is those who never see or accept their lack of perfection that are the problem.

Back
Top Bottom