Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Life Outside The Battlefield-Continuation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I closed my eyes and rested my head on his chest gently. " Im glad your back, and in one peice." I whispered quietly, pressing up against his side more.

I cuddled against her, nuzzling her. "Trust me, I am very glad to be in one piece." I said softly, with a smile. I curled around her, nestling into the blankets.

I smiled and nuzzled him back gently. " I love you swanson." I whispered softly before yawning again. " C~could you hum to me?" I whispered.

I cuddled against him as he started to hum, yawning quietly before i felt my self slowly fall asleep. My breathing slowed and my body went limp against him.

As soon as her body relaxed I dropped off to sleep. I quickly went into a deep sleep, and my breathing changed to slow and regular.

When i woke, the suns dim light was shinning through the windows, lighting and warming the room. I smiled and blinked my eyes sleepishly, staying snuggled up against swanson, enjoying his warmth. I didnt know if swanson would ever go back, and maybe he would, but i wanted to spend as much time with him as i could before that happened.

In my sleep, my dreams moved into bad ones. i dreamed i was running back to the jeeps with my men, being shot at. My legs began to flail in my sleep, and I began to pant. "Run cooper. We have to run faster!" I murmured in my sleep.

Feeling him start to move i opened my eyes and raised my head, looking at him. Hearing him being toto pant and hearing his mumbling, i gently nugged him, trying to wake him. " Swanson... Please wake up."

As she nudged me, I opened my eyes and flinched heavily away from her with a yell, thinking she was an enemy. After a few moments, I realized who she was. I looked away and punched the pillow. "Damn it!" I cursed.

I sat up as he pulled away, wincing slightly as hr cursed and punched his pillow. " Swanson... Its ok. " i told him softly, retching up to rub my eyes and brush my hair out of my eyes.

"No it's not." I muttered angrily. I sat still for a moment, catching my breath. I looked her over. "I didn't hurt you did I?" I asked softly.

I shook my head slowly. " No swanson, you didnt. " i answered him softly. I sighed softly and looked up at him. " Bad dreams?" I already knew the answer, but i wanted to make sure.

I nodded. "They were shooting at me, and me and my team were trying to get back to the jeeps. It was based off my last mission." I looked at her and sighed.

I smiled sadly and slowly moved over to him, stretching up to stroke his cheak. " Swanson, we all have night mares, i still have them. " i told him softly.

I closed my eyes sadly. "It scares me, clove. It's something I can't fight. There's nothing I can do about it. And it's like post traumatic stress. I don't want my mind to be like this. I'm stronger than this." I whispered.

I sighed softly but looked up at him. " If you cant fight it alone, then let me help you." I told him softly before taking his hand in mine. " You know ill help you with any problems you have."

I looked into her eyes sadly, and squeezed her hand. "But how clove? It's not like a physical fight that you can help me beat up the bad guys. I'm fighting against my mind." I said softly.

I gently squeezed his hand back as i thought about his question." I~i dont know. But ill think of something. " i whispered quietly and looked down for a moment. " When you were at base... I had night mares almost every night..."

I sighed softly. "We'll just have to help eachother through." I murmured. I thought for a moment. All my nightmares were always about being hurt or in battle. I looked at clove. "What are your nightmares about?"

I thought for a moment, looking down at my lap. " About you being hurt, or the time i was stabed." I answered him quietly.

I frowned. "I wish you hadn't seen me when I was hurt." I muttered. As I rethought about her being stabbed, I shook my head, remembering my fear that I would lose her. I grimaced as I remembered being shot in the leg as I carried her back to the jeeps. I unthinkingly moved my hand down my leg to rub my old wound.

I closed my eyes, my hand resting on my belly. I remembered how much it had hurt when i felt the knief being plunged inside of me and winced slightly. When i opened my eyes and i looked at swanson, i saw that he was rubbing his leg. " Does it still hurt?" I asked quietly.

I looked up at her and shrugged. "Sometimes it does. I'm just glad it finally healed right. I really didn't want to limp the rest of my life." I said with a smile. I reached out and touched her stomach on her old wound. "Does it still hurt?"

I smiled slightly as he spoke, glad to know that his leg wasnt bothering him to much anymore. As he reached out i closed my eyes for a moment. " Some times, but i guess thats normal." I answered him and opened my eyes looking down at my stomah. I reached down and gently lifted up the bottem of my shirt just enough so that i could see the scar left behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom