Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dungeons and Dragons (DnD) 3.5, anyone? : OOC Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making a Sanity Check

When a character encounters a gruesome, unnatural, or supernatural situation, the DM may require the player to make a Sanity check using percentile dice (d%). The check succeeds if the result is equal to or less than the character’s current Sanity.

I rolled a 2 harper. beat that. and I started with 5 sanity.. thats all. very low wisdom score, lower wisdom means less substitutable to insanity. so now I have a sanity score of 7/99

ok post is edited

I don't believe DM mentioned all the rules for sanity, since they are so variable, like if we had sanity resistance, so that spell casters could cast spells without going insane, or the like.

... Um... Benen? Your starting sanity is.. 5? That means you have a Wisdom of 1. That's... not possible.

Starting Sanity

A character’s starting Sanity equals his Wisdom score multiplied by 5. This score represents a starting character’s current Sanity, as well as the upper limit of Sanity that can be restored by the Heal skill (see The Heal Skill and Mental Treatment, later in this section). After creation, a character’s current Sanity often fluctuates considerably and might never again match starting Sanity. A change in a character’s Wisdom score changes his starting Sanity in terms of what treatment with the Heal skill can restore. Current Sanity, however, does not change if Wisdom rises or falls.

Also benen... your sanity would go down by 2, not up by 2.

Harper, I said that Sanity Restance is equal to character level... although, I need to edit it in the rules... because I meant that it is character level, but cannot reduce lower than a successful Sanity Check. House ruling.

casters can go insane pretty quick, but I wouldn't think it would do anything unless it was horrifying. something like a cure spell, or blur wouldn't cause insanity loss, but I would think summon spells would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom