Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Rise of the Demon Forge: A Hidden Danger? (Razgriz x Wingshadow)

(I was thinking about throwing in "greenbacks" for good measure, but decided against it. I've lived a fairly sheltered life so pretty much all my slang and terminology I have gleaned from either my own parents/relatives or from my few peers... I think this is the first time anyone's ever referred to it as classy :D)
------------------------------------------------
"I thought I already told you..." Blair shrugged, trying to take his questions without stressing too much over his utter lack of even everyday knowledge, "We are in Death City, somewhere around downtown, I think... I don't know the names of the streets, if that is what you are asking. I know my way around by the landmarks. Its hard for me to explain it, exactly."

She looked up at the buildings that stood tall and imposing on either side of the road, but couldn't quite grasp how Alex must have felt upon seeing them as completely new and unusual. Blair was born and grew up in Death City, so the entire city itself was practically her home (at least she thought of it in that way) and Maka's house was merely the place she chose to stay for her own convenience...

"Oh, that reminds me," Blair's ears perked up slightly under her witch hat, "You haven't met Maka yet, have you? I should probably introduce you two... It would be bad if she turned up and saw you around the house without warning. Knowing her, she might even pass out right on the spot."

The cat-woman giggled, considering how amusing it would be to actually see such an event unfold. However, she had failed to mention who this Maka person was or even why it was important that the two of them be introduced. It was as if she assumed he knew her or was at least familiar with her name.

(Well, around here, most people don't exactly use words like that. And I only say classy since the leading theory is that it comes from a combination of two old-world coins. Namely, the English 'Simon' and the French 'Napoleon')
"You did...?" he said, trying to recall; the words then popped back into his head "You are in a cute little house on the outskirts of Death City" He then grinned and rubbed the back of his head sheepishly, "Oh, right, you did.....My apologies". Though they didn't register to him the first time, the words "Death City" seemed to echo in his mind. It was like he'd heard of it before, but oddly enough he couldn't recall where. His eyes scanned the buildings, all the ambient noise seemed to drop off around him. "Death City.......I feel like I've heard that name before. But where? Where did I hear it?" he asked himself

Blair's voice, however, snapped him out of his little trance; he looked down as she mentioned someone named 'Maka'. "Maka......" he said; that name sounded familiar too. Almost too familiar; he'd never heard of her, and yet somehow he felt like he knew who she was. Where did he hear it? At this, another name came to mind.....but as he tried to recall it, it slipped from him, like trying to hold water in one's fist. It was connected to Maka, somehow. However, it would have to wait; Soul and Maka were on a vacation in South America. Little did Alex know that Death City had undergone a major battle, one that made people slow down in their lives, take a break from things, even six years later.

Regardless, Alex asked once more "Why would she pass out from seeing me? Is this Maka a friend of yours?" He wasn't aware that the house he had stayed in for the past three days wasn't Blair's, or that he was in fact wearing magically expanded clothes of her partner Soul.

"Well, for one thing you are really BIG!" Blair laughed, "And you have the personality of a curious schoolboy. That would be a shock too... Then again, she might get along with you just fine. I can't imagine she could possibly dislike you more than her father. Perhaps I could even pass you off as her little brother..."

She briefly considered that possibility but quickly threw it out as she realized that there was absolutely no family resemblance between the two of them, "Yes, Maka is my friend. She lets me stay in her house and I watch over things while she's gone in exchange. Granted, I don't think I have ever actually gotten her expressed permission to say there, but she's never directly told me to go away so I think it should be alright."

So, because of his size and personality, this Maka would faint in front of him? Alex looked over himself; he didn't think himself that large, but then again he hadn't exactly had a chance to look at himself. "Her father? How could she even dislike me anyway? I've never met her before".

But the real surprise came when she told him that she'd never been explicitly permitted to stay at Maka's house. "What? You mean that's not your home?" Alex then asked in a non-confrontational tone, completely missing the point that Blair had been allowed to stay there regardless. Not that he really cared whose home it was; he just found it odd was all and more of a surprise if anything. "So, if you're looking after the house, then where is Maka?"

"I'm not sure where she went... Perhaps she left for her honeymoon or something," Blair shrugged, honestly not sure where her friend had gone off to this time, "She won't be back for a while, so I wouldn't worry about it."

She stretched a bit and blinked, suddenly remembering why they had even left the house in the first place, "Oh, that's right... We were supposed to swing by the academy. Come on, lets head over there before it starts getting dark out."

The cat-woman reached out and took Alex's hand, leading him toward the center of the city and the single largest (or at least most conspicuous) building of them all. The distinct, yet symmetrical, architecture seemed to be a hallmark of practically the entire city, but this one building seemed to be the crowning accomplishment of the designer. It resembled a castle more than anything else, but the large skulls and candles gave it an appearance somewhat indicative of an amusement park. Blair didn't really pay much attention to the design, she just knew that there were a lot of smart and powerful magic users there.

And just like that, Alex felt his sizable hand grabbed and led towards this 'academy' she mentioned. "Oh right, you said something about that before we left" he remarked. Though he was going to ask her what a 'honeymoon' was and what they were going to swing on to get by the academy, all questions were subdued when he saw the massive structure. It was ENORMOUS, easily the largest building in the city. Alex's eyes were as wide as dinner plates as he took in the entirety of the structure; as they went up the stairs, the front door appeared to be a giant skull with its teeth serving as the entrances. Six evenly spaced titanic candles extended from the circumference, the ends alight with fire but not seeming to melt like Alex might expect.

However, he would find the hardest part of this school was the stairs themselves; there were so many! Maybe it was because he'd just come out what could be considered a coma, but he found himself dragging as he reached the middle of the massive staircase. He was soon barely able to walk even as he neared the top of the flight. The poor guy didn't realize just how heavy he was, which compounded the problem that much more for him. Other students most assuredly had trouble reaching the top, but Alex seemed to be especially having trouble; by the time he reached the top, he was hunched over with his hands on his knees, breathing heavily. Sweat dripped from his forehead, darkening the ground beneath him in spots.

Blair, however, was quite light on her feet and could ascend the staircase without much difficulty, stepping gently on each stair until she reached the top. She turned about and watched the much larger man struggle up the last few steps, reaching out an patting him on the back when he paused at the top, attempting to encourage him.

"Don't worry, you will get used to it. After all, kids half your age go up and down these stairs every day on their way to school," Blair smiled, "Think of it as a good way to get your blood flowing after all that lazing about you've done over the past three days."

After waiting for Alex to catch his breath, she hopped over to the front gates and let herself in, opening the door leading down the long central hall that ran the length of the building. Scores of classrooms lined each side of the hall, with long boards listing missions for the misers to accept as part of their out-of-class training. Granted, some of them were much too difficult for a single pair to take on alone, but they varied widely enough in type and difficulty such that there was at least one mission fit for every student to take on.

Alex was still a bit hunched over when Blair patted him on the back; though he didn't really see the relevance of people half his age going up these stairs every day, he agreed that some form of exercise after being out for so long would do him some good. But then, yet another question went through his.....how old was he? He knew he was no infant, but he didn't have any real idea to his true age. He stood up and wiped his brow with the sleeve of the jacket he wore. But before he could even express the question, her statement implying that she knew his age, Blair was off again.

He was soon behind her once again, his heavy footfalls easily masking the sounds of her relatively quiet ones as his eyes roamed the sides of the halls. Some of the rooms were empty, but Alex could see a lone person standing in the middle of the room, talking; he wondered if these rooms were built so that people could talk aloud, not knowing that there were actually students inside since he couldn't see them from the angle he was with respect to the door. He couldn't exactly make out what it was they were saying either, as his attention was partially focused on trying to keep up with Blair.

Alex couldn't help but wonder who they were going to talk to; it must be someone very important, that was all he could figure. "Um....Blair, who is it exactly that we're going to meet?" he then asked, his curiosity getting the better of him once again.

"Now that you mention it... I don't know!" Blair laughed in reply to his question, acknowledging that she didn't know for certain if there even was someone who could help them with their current predicament, "Lets just head over to the nurse's office and wait until Dr. Stein shows up, alright?"

With that, she reached out and grasped his hand once again, leading him at a slightly more manageable pace as she showed him to the clearly-marked nurse's office. It appeared to be empty at the time, so Blair simply plopped herself onto one of the empty beds and waited patiently for someone to show up. Her tail swished back and forth in an excited manner, eager to see the expression of whoever happened to walk in. This was all more or less a game to her, the desire to help Alex out overshadowed by her own interests, for the time being at least.

Alex stopped dead in his tracks, his look of sheer puzzlement seeming to reach all new heights; she didn't even know? Then why did they come here? He wasn't mad or anything like that, more just his normal confusion. "Um....Alright" he said rather meekly, feeling himself getting dragged along once more. "So this is the nurse's office....Interesting" he said; soon enough, he was getting his hands into everything. He saw beds, tables and stacks of paper at first, not to mention that what looked like drapes that when he pulled on them, would completely shroud the bed from view. He really was like a 'curious schoolboy', as Blair put it.

However, his explorations soon led him to something that others would find extremely ordinary, but he found extraordinary: What looked like a tan-colored circle sat on the edge of a desk, which he picked up. His head cocked in wonderment at what this strange thing was; for the longest time he held it in his hand, just looking at it. Then, he pinched it between two fingers for one end and did the same for another, pulling the other end down. His eyes seemed to light up as it stretched; he could feel the tension as he pulled on it before one end slipped from his pinched fingers, the event making him let go of the other end soon after; the stretchy band then launched into the air.

Alex's eyes never left the stretchy band as it flew into the air; soon it fell back down, his hand reaching out to catch it. "Wow....." he said as if it were the most amazing thing he ever saw. Of course, he didn't know it was an ordinary rubber band, something rather commonplace. He would continue to do this until someone did eventually walk in: it was Black Star and he had a relatively small cut on his arm. The once-immature (and admittedly still somewhat in certain instances) warrior and hero of the Kishin War had grown up; his once short hair now sported a semi-long pony tail to accentuate his slightly increased height and musculature. His outfit - blue pants with the hemline rolled a few inches above his ankles, a custom, white muscle shirt, white shoes, a white obi-like belt and a long white scarf wrapped around his neck - hadn't changed much, save for the addition of a forehead protector with a Star Clan emblem on it and heavy iron training bands around his arms. "Yeah, yeah, I'll just grab a Band-Aid...." he said to someone unseen - his partner Tsubaki - before pausing as he gazed on Alex, who stopped playing with his rubber band and looked Black Star in the eyes.

They stared at each other for a good long while before Alex finally asked, "Are you Dr. Stein?" Black Star paused, blinking rapidly in amazement; this guy was HUGE! Of course he'd faced down bigger things when he fought in the Kishin War, but to have something this close after such a long time was a bit of a shock to him. "Are you....alright, Dr. Stein?" Alex then said, mistaking the warrior for the one Blair mentioned. This served to snap Black Star out of his stupor, him crying out "Hey, I may have grown up but I ain't that old!"

Blair watched Alex play with the rubber band, her ears twitching slightly under her hat. For some reason, she never seemed to tire of watching his interest in the world, as if everything was new and exciting for him. He did come across as somewhat ignorant, to her eyes at least, but she knew that he wasn't unintelligent. Sure, he took everything she said at face-value at first, but he would learn eventually. Granted, she didn't even know for certain that he could recover his memories or even if he had any to begin with. He might as well have fallen from the sky. The abrupt sound of the nurse's office door opening drew her attention to the young man who had just stepped inside.

Black Star had changed a lot from the first time she met him till then, his power as well as his already enormous confidence growing alongside his body. He was just as proud and muscled as he had always been, although his personality had mellowed how slightly over the years. Tsubaki was likely proud of him as well, although she often kept such observations to herself.

"No, no, he's not Dr. Stein," Blair laughed, clutching her stomach from the pain, "That's Black Star. He's one of the former students of this academy. Dr. Stein is tall and has a big bolt stuck into the side of his head, silly."

"Please, Star, don't get upset... He's probably just new around here," Tsubaki tried to keep the situation from spiraling out of control with her soothing words.

"I can see you're not old; you don't have any white in your hair" Alex replied simply as he bent over and poked Black Star's spiky, light-blue locks. The warrior's eyes widened in surprise a bit before turning into one of confusion and utter puzzlement; what on earth was wrong with this guy? Eventually, Black Star sighed and gently grabbed Alex's hand, saying "Stop that, would you?" Alex just nodded and withdrew his hand, standing back up to tower over everyone in the room. For quite an extended period of time, the two of them just stared at each other; Alex at Black Star and Black Star at Alex. Oddly enough, they both had the same thought - "What a strange person" - though for different reasons.

However, Alex made the first move: namely, holding his hand out and saying "Nice to meet you, Black Star. I'm Alex, or at least that's my new name". This made Black Star pause; new name? "What do you mean by.....new name?" he asked hesitantly. Alex just smiled and replied, "I don't know the details, but I've no idea what my name is, or who I really am even. So Blair suggested I be called Alex. She mentioned something about an Alexander the Great and him being a great warrior, though I still don't see what that has to do with me". The next line, however, would likely floor everyone in the room. "She also said she couldn't go around calling me 'that big hunk' all the time, so we agreed on Alex". While Black Star did his best to keep a straight face, it would be obvious to everyone except Alex that he was trying his damnedest to keep from laughing out of respect.

Tsubaki, who then stood just inside the doorway, sweatdropped but managed to keep a straight face despite this rather odd turn of events. How often does someone have such severe amnesia that he forgets his own name? She tried to think the best of Alex and simply assumed that he was telling the truth rather than simply pulling a rather elaborate joke on all of them. Granted, Blair seemed to be quite amused at the situation as she was practically convulsing on one of the nurse beds with laughter fit to kill.

"So, um, why did you come to the nurse's office, Mr. Alex?" Tsubaki spoke up, her voice just loud enough to be heard clearly above Blair's laughter.

"Oh, well, I thought Dr. Stien might want to take a look at him," Blair managed to collect herself enough to make a coherent reply, "You know, help him out in a certain area."

Tsubaki, however, couldn't help but wonder if Dr. Stein would simply jump straight into dissection rather than actually address possible treatments for Alex's amnesia. Just the thought of Stein bending over the giant man, glasses gleaming and dual-wielding scalpels was enough to make her entire body shiver. Stein could be quite scary sometimes.

Poor Alex was so confused as to why everyone was laughing; was it something he said? Before he could even try to ask what was going on, the woman in yellow asked him why he was here in the nurse's office. He'd missed her calling him "Mister" Alex, as he then replied "Is that what this place is called?", repeating "Nurse's office" out loud as he looked around before going "Hmmm...." as if he was trying to figure something out, but couldn't figure out what it was. Eventually giving up, he was about to answer the question before Blair spoke up, revealing that they'd come to see Stein.

"Yeah, well, hate to burst your bubble, but he's not......." Alex looked around himself when Black Star spoke, causing the blue-haired young man to stop and stare. It was a few seconds before Black Star finally asked, "What are you doing, Alex?" Alex stopped his looking around and looked back to Black Star as he replied, "You said you hate to burst my bubble.....I'm trying to find the bubble" Black Star now was the one who sweat-dropped; this guy had to be joking.

"Alright, Blair, where are the cameras?" he asked the neko-witch, wondering if this were indeed an elaborate prank. "Camera? What's that?" Alex asked, making Black Star face-palm. He then looked to the woman in yellow and asked, "Umm....why did he just hit his face?"

"Um, I think its because cameras are pretty common these days," Tsubaki sighed, "I'm not even sure how to respond to a question like that."

"Cameras? What are you talking about? This guy is for real," Blair grinned, having somehow gotten a hold of herself during Black Star and Alex's brief exchange, "He's like this everywhere we go. If you ask me, I think he was out in the desert a lot longer than was good for him. He seemed to perk right back up again after three day's recovery, though, so I'm not entirely sure what could have happened to him... Either way, he's really interesting to be around, don't you agree?"

"Y-yeah," Tsubaki laughed nervously, realizing that talking with Blair and the large man named Alex probably wouldn't be getting them much of anywhere any time soon, "Well, we had better get going then, right Black Star?"

--------------------------------

(BTW, I finished watching Soul Eater. I really liked it ^_^ Symmetry for the win!)

(I didn't mind the anime adaptation, but the manga is so much better IMHO. But yes, symmetry is king. And that's why the number 8 is so perfect)
"Should have figured......" Black Star thought; the guy was just as lost as Tsubaki and he were. The fact that this guy wasn't joking showed that there was definitely something loose upstairs, for whatever reason. Black Star personally didn't see just how someone could be this unknowing of even basic colloquialisms, but he decided not to look too hard into it.

"Yeah, real fun" Black Star replied; he then turned to Tsubaki as she suggested they get going. "Right....Well, you two have fun now" Alex then said "Wait, where's Dr. Stein? Is he coming?" Black Star stopped and replied "He's not here right now; I don't know when he'll be back" And with that, Black Star left with Tsubaki, leaving Alex feeling confused and admittedly a little anxious.

The poor deluded man then turned to Blair, asking meekly "So.....What do we do now?" He had no idea where to go, and the one person he believed would be able to give him all the answers was gone. Temporarily. But regardless, he was like a small child: Alone in the world except for one soul willing enough to put up with lack of general knowledge.

(I'm going to start making random Soul Eater references at school and see if anyone picks up on them XD. 8 is my new favorite number. Are we going to switch over to Tsubaki and Black Star as the main characters for a bit?)
-------------------------
"Well, that's going to be troublesome..." Blair yawned and stretched her arms, bending her body to the side slightly, "I have to head over to my job at the Chupacabra pretty soon, but if you want to come along it should be fine. We don't get that many customers after all."

Granted, it wasn't actually a good thing that service was slow recently, but Blair didn't seem to care about that since she was paid the same regardless of how many customers actually came in on a given afternoon. In fact, if nobody was around she could often relax and laze around a bit without getting in trouble. Sure, the people she often encountered while on the job where interesting to talk to more often than not, but that was an added bonus rather than the actual reason for her employment. She had to have some way to pay for her food and shopping bills, after all.

Tsubaki, meanwhile, walked beside her partner as they stepped out into the hallway, "Blair must be having quite a bit of trouble keeping track of someone like that... I hope she will be alright by herself."

(XD Yeah, it'll be curious to see how that goes. But someone like Alex at Chupacabra? Make sure Risa and Arisa don't get their mitts on him, lol. But, let's not focus on Black Star and Tsubaki just yet)
"Job......Chupacabra......Strange" Alex muttered lowly; it was clear he was going to need some time to adjust to everything. Unfortunately for him, there were those who wouldn't mind taking advantage of someone as naive and unknowing as Alex was. It would be up to Blair to help guide him so that his memories might come back, if he had any to begin with. "Customers....Are they people who come to Chupacabra for.......what exactly is Chupacabra?" he then asked.

"I'm sure she'll be fine; she's dealt with worse. She might actually have fun with an amnesiac like him, given her personality" Black Star replied; teh poor guy did seem really out of it. He wondered if the rumors about heat frying one's brain were true, now that he'd seen what Alex behaved like.

(gotcha)

"Its a cabaret club. You know, one of those sort of places, right?" Blair replied with a smile, "We usually just mix up drinks for our customers and spend time talking with them. Its a pretty laid-back sort of place. You would fit right in, but they might think you are already drunk from the way you talk."

"Don't worry about it, I'll introduce you to everyone," the cat-woman reached out and took his hand once again, leading him back out of the empty nurse's office and out into the hallway leading back toward the main entrance, "It will be fun!"

The mischievous look in her eye would have told anyone else that it would at least be fun for her, although if it would also be fun for Alex yet remained to be seen... After all, he would have to take on the huge flight of stairs again, although this time he would be going down them rather than up.

"Yeah, you are probably right," Tsubaki sighed, as the extent to which Blair could entertain herself never ceased to baffle the black-haired weapon.

Alex didn't even get a chance to respond before Blair decided to just grab him and lead him out of the nurse's office. Still, hecouldn't help but wonder "Caber...et?" the poor confused man asked, his head cocking curiously as she tried to explain what it is she meant. As they walked down the hall towards the entrance, Alex then commented, "Blair....What exactly is a..how did you say it? Cabaret club? And what exactly did you mean by drunk? Because I think you mean "drank", though I don't see how someone can drink me........." he then commented, again missing the slang entirely.

When they got outside, Alex was back at the top of the staircase looking down. For some reason, he couldn't help but peer over the edge; they were quite high up. What impressed him though was the expanse of everything; the sun was still somewhat high up, casting its brilliant glow everywhere. He could see nothing but buildings, and then a large stretch of tan that went on as far as the eye could see. To say he was in awe would be an understatement; for anyone looking at him, it was like he'd never been to a modern city before.

But as the splendor wore off, he then looked to the stairs which he had climbed before; in truth they kind of confused him. Why bother taking such a long way down when one could just go down straight? Come to think of it, why didn't he just use that logic before to go up? "These stairs seem unnecessary........Now that I think about it" he said before simply walking forward and dropping off of the high edge, likely surprising the woman beside him. His massive body fell and in a few seconds, Alex impacted feet-first hard into the ground, his legs bending at the knees a little as his bulk created a rather noticeable divet where he landed. He then stood back up fully straight and said, "Well, that was certainly quicker".

"What the hell?" Blair reached out to try to grab his shoulders before simply stepped off the edge and fell to his death, but even more surprising was that he actually survived the fall without suffering any apparent damage. Just what was this man made of, solid steel? The witch hopped off the ledge as well, but summoned a large, soft pumpkin to absorb the force of her fall as she landed a short distance away from him.

"That's... Quite an interesting way to walk down stairs," Blair struggled to climb out of the pumpkin, her arms and legs flailing about a bit before managing to push herself out of the soft material, "But I wouldn't exactly advise it. After all, somebody has to repair the road when you go and smash it up like that."

Blair merely shrugged and dusted her shoulders off before reaching out and taking hold of his hand once again, leading him toward their intended destination without further ado, "Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about something like that... Its not like the school grounds aren't already in constant need of repairs. Come this way, it shouldn't take all that long to get there since I know a good shortcut through the downtown."

Alex cocked his head at Blair as she advised him not to do that; he would trust her judgment, as she was obviously familiar with this town. To a far, far higher degree than he. "Very well" he replied blankly as she led him towards her place of employment. There wasn't as much activity around where they were headed, but still a fair few number of people lingered out; some stared at him as he walked past, clearly quite curious as to who exactly this giant of a man was. One small boy even pointed and commented on his size, to which his mother shushed him and reminded him about it not being polite to point their fingers like that.

None of the other people's musings seemed to really affect the man; though it would definitely make the two of them come across as an odd couple. Most of the folks knew who Blair was, but for her to be seen with this unknown colossus was certainly strange. Irregardless, they soon reached the establishment: A nicely-sized building where men came to drink and talk with the very attractive women who worked here. The bar itself fully stocked with various bottles of alcohols and crystal glassware, the latter of which were being meticulously tended to by the bartender, a smartly-dressed, balding man with a black moustache. The decor inside was furnished with a predominantly pink coloring, featuring numerous pieces lavishly accented with golden trim conforming to a heart theme; there was even one appearing on the large wooden front door in the form of a heart-shaped window. Some looked down on this place as a den of depravity, where lecherous perverts came to release their desires; however, it wasn't a strip club by any stretch of the imagination. Sure, the women flirted with the men, but in the end it was a place for decent company and a way for some to unwind.

One individual in particular was quite the frequent customer, coming to talk to someone about his problems. At one of the tables in the brightly colored room sat a short-haired man, his crimson locks streaked with gray, dressed in an almost all-black suit with the jacket opened at the front to reveal a gray-green undershirt with black necktie. This was Spirit, the original Death Scythe and wielded by none other than Shinigami, benevolent overseer of Death City and its school Shibusen. In front of him was a tall glass of amber scotch, and his expression one of combined sadness and exasperation. "I don't get it, I don't get it. I try so hard after all these years, and still Maka, my baby girl, won't even so much as look at me. She didn't even glance at me when I walked her down the aisle to be married to Soul" he said in quite the sad tone, his face one with a great frown on it.

"How many times do I have to tell you to not let yourself get down about so much about it?" Blair placed a supportive hand upon the despondent man's shoulder, "I'm sure you have a very special place in Maka's heart, Dear, and don't forget that no matter what you will always be her father. Just keep at it, and I'm sure you'll be able to win her over eventually... Even if you do have to give up a few things and possibly even wait until you have grand-kids for an excuse to keep visiting her all the time."

Granted, Blair meant well but her words where likely having the opposite of the intended result. She had grown so accustomed to this place as her native element, so to speak, that she had completely forgotten about asking Spirit if he knew anything at all about Alex, instead simply settling on introducing the two of them. The black-clad woman gestured toward her new friend, "Oh, by the way, this here is Alex. If you think you have problems, you should just listen to this guy's story. I found him out in the desert, practically dead, and it took me quite a long time to get on his feet again, and when he did, he couldn't even remember his name, the poor fellow. He'll be working here for the time being until we can figure something else to do to help him out."

Spirit looked up as Blair's hand rested on his shoulder, his eyes somewhat groggy from the alcohol he drank. Still, his frown lessened considerably upon seeing her bright expression; along with Risa and Arisa - both of whom seemed to be absent for the moment - her willingness to be an open ear for his troubles were both a blessing and a curse, the latter of which he still did not seem to fully grasp. He found Chupacabra as his "home away from home", not to mention a nice taste of scenery provided by the beautiful girls here. He knew that Maka disliked him for coming here; but without her mother Kami around, what else could he do? She left him a long time ago, and made no indication of coming back.

However, these thoughts were quickly evicted from his mind when she introduced him to Alex; he had to crane his neck back to really get a good look at the guy, but from what he saw he could tell the giant wasn't a hostile one. "Well hey there, big fella. My name's Spirit" the Death Scythe said with a bit of a grin. "It's always nice to see new faces here. Out in the desert, were ya? Well, I don't what you'd be doing out there". He then turned back to the beauty by the stranger's side, "So, what's he gonna do here? Bodyguard? Or you just gonna keep him here as eye-candy for the ladies?" he then joked.

"Eye......candy? What's candy? Does it have something to do with eyes?" Alex then asked; Spirit for a moment had a completely stupefied look on his face, caught off-guard by the man's question. Spirit then let out a chuckle, raising his scotch to take another sip, "I see that desert heat kinda cooked yer noodle there, buddy. No, eye-candy means you're pleasant to look at. I'm sure Miss Blair here can attest to that, or any of the other ladies....Especially Arisa, she's a real firefly, don't you know?" The confusion on Alex's face grew; it was like Spirit was speaking a second language to him. "There's an insect here named Arisa? And how could the desert have cooked my noodle? I don't even have a noodle. Or water to boil it in".

"Oh, you're so funny, Alex..." Blair nudged the large man with her elbow in a playful manner, "You should realize by now that people don't always mean what they say literally. If you don't know what they mean by something, you could always just pretend to know what they mean and just nod. That's what I do when people start talking circles around me, and it keeps them from thinking you're unrefined or dull. Plus, its pretty funny to fool around with people like that."

The cat woman then turned back toward Spirit, "I'm not entirely sure... I just thought that he might make a good guard for the place and perhaps draw in some ladies instead of the typical all-male crowd. As we are, we are sort of missing out on all the ladies out there that might enjoy some good company for a change. He might look like a big hunk of steel, and he certainly has the hardware to please a lady the way it counts, if you know what I mean, but he's as harmless as a kitten."

Back
Top Bottom