Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Anyone up for a little smexy D&D? (3.5/PF) [Currently recruiting]

Which version of D&D are you most familiar with?

• 2nd Edition or older

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Pathfinder

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • 4th

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • I haven't played any yet, but I'd like to learn.

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

Scion-of-Stars

Planetoid
[Anyone interested in playing should go here.]

I'm more interested in playing a character myself, but if it comes to it I suppose I'd be willing to DM temporarily (if we decided to pass the DMing role around). I'm not sure if anyone on here is actually into system games, but if three+ people besides myself are down, then I'm sure we can make it work.

Basically what I have in mind is: a group of adventurers exploring the world together, dueling with monsters and savages, trying to further their own goals, etc (the usual). But unlike a typical, linear game of D&D, the heroes/heroines will occasionally bite off more than they can chew and find themselves compromised (lewdly) by horny monsters, perverted wizards, clothing-melting traps, yada yada. Needless to say it would involve a lot of non-consensual aspects. (Anyone play Lightning Warrior Raidy?)

I would probably play a female character, and it would be nice to have a creative and sadistic DM. Anyway, just throwing it out there to see if there's interest. If you have any questions then ask away.

Just chill, everybody. No need to get angry. Remember: It's a game, you're having fun.

Now, on monkey grip. I actually didn't know that it only applied to melee weapons. It must have slipped my mind. However, I will allow it to apply to ranged weapons. However, I will require you to actually roleplay the use of a massive, oversized bow. Take a look at Monster Hunter bows and get a few ideas.

On WBL: Everyone gets 9000 GP, LA or no. LA is already enough of a handicap, I'm not gonna make it WORSE. I believe I already addressed the purchase of mundane gear earlier in the thread.

In regards to your suggestions for hoshimi, she uses her dex for attack and damage rolls, as well as AC, so the gloves are probably the wiser purchase.

On your advice for rowen, I made a special deal with him, allowing him to take tiefling at LA 0 in exchange for dropping one of the ability bonuses, because they're at the very low end of LA+1.
I appreciate the catch in regards to the cost of his equipment, however. I've already spoken with him about the idea of exchanging his glamoured shirt for a mithril one.

However, Benen, in the future, I would appreciate it if you were to leave the critiques to me. You may not intend to create tension, but you do come off as somewhat less than polite.

Ok, That is the second time I have been mentioned to the mythril shirt, and although thank you both for the suggestion but I like my shirt. As for the rapier, its just what I do. If I lose it then I suffer until I get a new one. If I was actually my character i would do the same thing. And as for the tiefling LA, I had discussed this with the dm so I removed one of my +1 bonus (Dex i do believe I did.) and not suffer the penalty.

I don't mean to sound like an ass or anything, but that is just the one thing that bothers me. I love the suggestions and I will look into them, but I like to make my characters and then see where I failed.

And to the DM:

Sorry I haven't gotten my personality up yet, have been spending time with family that came up. I will work on it soon. Thank you for your patience.

No harm done. =) I just make my characters and fall in love with them. Its hard to see my "baby" picked at with a fine tooth comb. I have seen where all my errors in equipment is and am going to start over from scratch. Thank you both for catching it and making sure I knew it thought, I appreciate it.

I do believe I fixed up my character sheet. Please look over it so I know I didn't miss anything. :/

Also in case you hadn't looked at my skills yet, I figured I would give you this and it will be easier to check over:

Aiden gets 6+int mod / level and with 4 at first + 4 other levels that makes it 9 * 8 = 72 skill points

I will do skill name, number of skill points, (total used skill points)
Bluff +4 --------------------------------------- (4)
Concentration +4 ------------------------------ (8)
Diplomacy + 4 --------------------------------- (12)
Disable Device +8 ----------------------------- (20)
Hide +8 --------------------------------------- (28)
Intimidate +4 (cross class so 8 skill points used) (36)
Listen +4 ----------------------------------- (40)
Move Silently +4 ----------------------------- (44)
Open Lock +8 ---------------------------------- (52)
Search +4 ------------------------------------ (56)
Sense Motive +4 ------------------------------- (60)
Spot +4 --------------------------------------- (64)
Tumble +8 ------------------------------------ (72)

Feel free to go over my math if you would like. I just wanted to give you an easier time going through it.

And how is this for personality?

Aiden is a very hard person to get along with in the beginning. He doesn’t trust easy, even more so the people that seems to be of the shadier influence. He opens up quicker to nobles and people of “legitimate” power because they always have some secret to spill with enough liquid help. He likes to stay out of arguments, but is not afraid to start a riot in a bar to create a getaway if things get a little too close for his tastes. He has a sweet spot for the young bar maids, they all seem to enjoy the way he spins a tale. He can only be as trusted as the pocket that pays him, although he never can be bought out when his friends are involved. He take especial liking to strong willed people, they seem to interest him when he can’t find out an easy way.

When forced into confrontation, Aiden appears fearless, charging on head first. As soon as he fights, however, his true colors come out. He tumbles and rolls, tricking his opponents in the movement. He goes in, attempting to turn them into allies, or making them sleep so he can pick them off one by one.

He hates being told he can’t do something. Weather it be a locked door, or a secret passage he finds it a challenge to get into to. When people tell him “No you can’t” He hears it as “Just try harder.”

So I assume we're going to be playing this in Group Roleplays, right? I was just wondering if now might be a good time to start a new thread where we can post all our characters on the first page and stuff.

Added Strength to damage as well as a Description and Back Story in the notes section of her character sheet.

Benen has been updated with personality, and a description... back story coming soon, and it will be posted along with him. and yes, it is open to any one who wants to play so that is teh best bet..

Sorry I haven't gotten around to reading your updates just yet, but I've been real busy. I'll probably be able to give commentary later this evening.

Do you mind if I make some slight adjustments to my character sheet at this point? I'm thinking of taking a flaw or two after all, to help gather the feats for Master of Nine; maybe Weak Will to represent Hoshimi's relative inexperience and worldly naivety, from living in a very sheltered and comfortable environment for most of her life.

Feel free. You can change your sheet as much as you like until the final deadline, which I have yet to set.

Once I have a finalized plot outline to work with, I'll make a new thread to attract whatever newcomers I can and set the deadline. It'll be about a week after the posting of the new thread. It should give you plenty of time to make any last-minute changes to adapt to the new campaign. At the deadline, I'll pick the players/characters I want in the game, and we'll get started.

weapon focus has to be applied to a weapon your proficient in. so.. no

Weapon Focus [General]

Choose one type of weapon. You can also choose unarmed strike or grapple (or ray, if you are a spellcaster) as your weapon for purposes of this feat.

Prerequisites

Proficiency with selected weapon, base attack bonus +1.

Benefit

You gain a +1 bonus on all attack rolls you make using the selected weapon.

Special

You can gain this feat multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Each time you take the feat, it applies to a new type of weapon.

I think you didn't understood. When you take the Weapon Focus feat it requires proficiency in the weapon chosen. But I 'm not taking it, it is given to me as a bonus feat by the Swordsage. What sense is there in giving a Weapon Focus feat when you can't even use it?
I'm asking the DM:
Does the WF give the proficiency?
Does the WF work despite not having proficiency?
Or does the WF not work at all?
The first two options are in need of houseruling. The third would be IMO just stupid. I mean, why give a feat when you can't use it...

Well, you're a warblade AND a swordsage, so I would say you probably have some pretty good experience with weapons. How about this: Instead of gaining weapon focus with the spiked chain, you're just considered proficient.

Also, you still need to write down your maneuvers known/readied somewhere, and spend all your money. And the usual request for backstory/personality/description.

Well, you're a warblade AND a swordsage, so I would say you probably have some pretty good experience with weapons.
Well, but not with this particular weapon. ;)

How about this: Instead of gaining weapon focus with the spiked chain, you're just considered proficient.
No prob. That's a reasonable houserule.

Also, you still need to write down your maneuvers known/readied somewhere, and spend all your money. And the usual request for backstory/personality/description.
I know, but there's still time to do that.

I am sorry it's taking me this long to come up with a full-fledged plot for you guys. I just got a new job and I'm still adjusting to the schedule. But, hey, it's good money.

Hmmm... I have a few side-adventures that could easily work for this group. Would you like to play a few of those until I figure out the final direction I'm going with this?

Back
Top Bottom