Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

~Perfect Memory~ PonyXDark

-Sai tried limping as fast as he could away from the others. The wounds Matric had given him hurt more then he thought, even though they were healing already. Finally he made it to Sunset's old den site. He limped into the center of the circling dens, He could just imagine his pack still here. He looked at every den, placing where each wolf would be sleeping right now in his mind. He laid back his head and flattened his ear, closed his eyes and howled. howling a howl of sorrow, sorrow for the loss of his beloved home. His pack.

~ The trio ran through the deep, compact snow as fast as they could. Matric was in the lead as he could scent the werewolf much like a bloodhound. Rhen thought it was slightly silly that she was comparing the Vampire's senses to that of a dog when they were tracking one already. A very elite dog at that. Still, she had no idea a Vampire could follow scents as well as this.
There were no footprints in the snow from Sai, which Rhen found odd.
Gleda interrupted the girl's thoughts. "It is a shame that werewolves are such excellent hunters as to not leave any trace but scent. We would have found him by now if it weren't for that."
Suddenly, Matric stopped and quickly thrust his hand in the way of Rhen so she would stop. Gleda landed on the Vampire's shoulder and adjusted her eyes magically so she could see what he was scenting. Thankfully, her magic replenished quickly and she currently had enough to manipulate her body.
The hawk spotted the lonely form of a large wolf. A werewolf. And the only werewolf in the human world was Sai. His mournful howls pierced the night causing Rhen a sudden pit of sorrow. Perhaps her connection to the werewolf was deeper than a prophesied companion. She almost felt like howling herself.
"Bloody dog," Matric spat. He walked forward and interrupted Sai's howling. "Quit that and listen to what Rhen has to say. The fate of my clan depends on it!"

-Sai was silenced by Matric, and lowered his head. He changed back to human form and backed off a little. He hated this vampire and he wanted to be as far from him as possible. Sai kept his wolf eyes focused on Matric as he listened to Rhen, even barring his fangs a little as the vampire shot a glance his way.

~Rhen didn't even know how she should start. Should she just dive into it? Or take her time? The girl knew that if she said the wrong thing, Sai would not come with. He seemed like that kind of person. Though...she did feel a connection to him that was different then even that of the boyfriend she had to leave behind. It would have just been too strenuous to invite another human along with them.
She began, "Well, you see, Matric's clan is in trouble. They are being attacked by werewolves." Sai seemed to glare at her. She raised her hands quickly to show she meant no harm. Her voice began to falter. "Now uhhh... The werewolves and Vampires were in an agreement that they would not attack one another. Then, about a week ago under the obvious rule of their leader, they attacked Matric's clan and killed many of the Vampires.
"Matric had no choice but to go to Gleda for help. She had a vision the second Matric entered her home of the attack on the Vampires and what could be done to stop it."
Gleda found this opportunity to speak, "Yes. A prophecy was shown to me by the creator of our world, the goddess Kree. A prophecy that two fangs would clash and bring destruction about the world of Kreol. The only ones who could save our world are four humans. Though it seems that one of them has been turned wolf. I do not know how this could have happened considering that Vampires and werewolves do not exist in this world naturally."
Rhen nodded. "So I am asking you now Sai. Turn aside your hatred for Vampires and help an entire race from becoming extinct."
Would the werewolf listen? He seemed so hell bent on destroying the Vampire to begin with. It would be a miracle if he would help.

-Sai glared at the hawk. "What do you mean werewolves don't live here naturally?" He turned his back on the Trio. "THIS is where a werewolf pack used to live, where MY pack used to live, The pack called Sunset Storms." He turned and glared at them all. "You were already wrong about that, so why should i believe the rest of your story?" Sai was being stubborn and he knew it, but he thought these three were all kind of following a fake prophecy, a lost cause.

~Matric stayed silent. He chose to not share a vital secret with Sai and kept his mouth shut. The secret would possibly shatter the werewolf who seemed to thrive on his emotions and follow his heart rather than his head. The secret would detach Sai from the human world and give him a reason to go with them. But alas. The Vampire knew that if he spoke it would not come out in the kindest way. Oh no! Should Kree strike him down in this world if he ever was nice to a werewolf!
Gleda spoke, "Its true! Werewolves were created by my goddess and have never been in any other world. The divinity that is my goddess would not allow her creations to go to another world and become tainted! Perhaps you were made in a laboratory somewhere by archaic science? Maybe alchemy."
It was likely to Rhen that Gleda knew nothing of laboratories or advanced, technical science. But she also knew that the Gypsy was learned in the ways of magic and, in a sense, magic was a science all its own.
Rhen did not know if this meant the end for trying to get Sai with them, but she would still try. "Please, Sai. If you will not do it for them... then please do it for me!"
Matric found it somewhat harder to hold his tongue. He decided that if the werewolf would accept he would spill it. All the more reason to have him come with.

-Sai looked from the girl, to the disgusting blood sucker, to the hawk and back. He finally bowed his head. "Fine. I'll go." He then whipped his head up and glared menacingly at Matric. "But keep that "THING" away from me!" He began to walk back to the small house he had left behind. All his wounds were completely healed by now. "Well when do we leave? Most importantly, Where are we going?" He turned to Rhen, completely ignoring the vamp. To Sai, That thing wasn't even there as far as he was concerned.

~Rhen was suddenly thrilled that Sai would go with them. It was a lot easier then she thought considering that they had a Vampire on their team and that it was werewolves that they would have to stop. "We leave now," she said excitedly. "But the place we are going... I am not sure. I just know it's another dimension."
Gleda said, "You will be going to Kreol. It is much more primitive than this world, but also more stable." She chirped a laugh. "Aside from the recent war!"
Rhen felt that progress was finally happening. It made this journey seem more...real. Like she could really do this now.
When the group began to go back to Sai's cabin to prepare, Matric stopped behind them head down. He was in utter turmoil. The vampire had not expected the wolf to accept. He was fully prepared to gut him when he declined. But now that the wolf was with them... it was another story. Not only would he have to be civil.... but he would have to give away something. Something that the goddess Kree had chosen only to share with him. Rhen turned to look at the vampire. "What's wrong, Matric, "she asked. It seemed like true sincerity was in her face.
Matric flinched but said nonetheless, "There is something I need to share with the dog before we go." No. Matric would never bring himself to call Sai by his real name. To him, the werewolf needed to be put down just like a rabid dog. "What Gleda told you...about werewolves only existing in Kreol... that isn't true. Gleda doesn't know this, but I do. When Kree created werewolves, she thought it would be fitting to send some to the human world. At first, it went well. The werewolves never attacked humans and only went after cattle and sheep. But humans decided to put down what was killing their livestock. Thsi was when it went wrong.
"Werewolves soon became aggressive to humans and killed them regularly. As time grew on, humans killed more and more. No one had been turned until one was killed after it had bit a man. Then the changing began. This started over 1000 years ago. Now, you are the only werewolf left in the human world, Dog." He didn't know if he should say more. Everyone already looked shocked out of their minds.

-Sai stared at him, not a single emotion written on his face. Inside he already knew this. he knew all the wolves of his pack were gone and would never come back, it was his stubbornness that made him think he could find them. Sai just turned his back to the vamp and said. "Now that that is over with, can we go?" Sai didn't want to waste time with what the vamp thought was bad.
Matric was furious that Sai just brushed it all off like that, like it was NOTHING! Using all his self control, Matric kept his fists to himself. Which proved rather difficult to do at the moment.

~Rhen watched the tension between the two. Their hatred towards one another was nothing more than typical prejudice. It was the same scene that she had seen in her own world. Male hating female, blacks hating whites, and even something as simple as being prejudice against a food someone liked. People killed each other over trivial things. And apparently, so did the supernatural. This seemed as if they only hated each other for the way they ate their food. Vampires drank blood while Werewolves ate meat.
"Can we stop this already," Rhen finally perked up. "It's completely pointless. You both are going to have to get over your differences sooner or later since Sai will be traveling with us. Were all fighting for the same cause, to help Matric's clan, so let's put aside petty hatred and get moving."
Rhen was right Matric realized, but his hatred for Werewolves was very strong. How he would love the day when he got to rip into their pelts and tear their insides out. He wanted desperately to hold true to what Rhen had said... but eons of differences stood in his way. "How can I put aside my hatred when these beasts are killing my family this very second? I can never put aside my hate for dogs. But I can be civil for the time being seeing as how Sai is helping."
That would have to do, Rhen thought. She sighed and looked to them all. "Let's find the next prophesied."

-Sai sighed. "Ok, I'm sorry." It wasn't everyday the Sai apologized, but he felt Rhen deserved and apology for his being mean to one of her friends. Even if it was a blood sucking fool who only cared about himself and his "people". "I guess I can put aside my differences with him." Sai said, gesturing to Matric with his thumb. "But i have one question be fore we continue." He looked to Matric, seeming as only he would even be able to answer his question. "How can I, a WEREWOLF, help your People when they are being attacked by Werewolves in the first place?" Sai's piercing, icy blue eyes seemed to bore into Matric with suppressed hatred. "Won't they attack me?"

Rhen waited for the Vampire's answer. She hoped to God that he didn't say anything that would jeopardize Sai's tolerance. She could see that Matric was barely able to stand Sai but was doing his best to not kill him. Gleda turned her feathered face to look at Matric. Resting on his shoulder, she could hear his thoughts. As long as Gleda had direct contact with Matric their bond was inseparable. Together they were very strong. Sensing his thoughts, her heart moved back to a normal pace. Matric would finally truly let go of his hate...for now.
The Vampire looked hard at the Werewolf. Woody brown eyes meeting icy blue ones. "They won't attack if I explain. But when we get to Kreol you must follow my exact orders unless you want to become food. I'm sure my kind will not hesitate to rip you apart and cover the ground in your blood." He smirked slightly at this. It seemed as if Matric would enjoy doing that himself right here and now.
To Rhen, the thought of Sai's crimson energy staining the snow turned her stomach. She knew that, like Gleda to Matric, she had a close bond with Sai as well. Maybe she would have this bond with all the others but the human still felt that this bond would be the strongest.
Matric continued, "Just follow my words and you'll be safe. Now, let's stop this stalling and get going to the next human."

Back
Top Bottom