Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Full Circle (Razgriz x Candira)

Exodus just stared blankly as Yoko stormed off; she didn't know how right she was. With how damaged the gauntlets were before Exodus passed, the wrong kind of tampering could set them off and turn them into shrapnel bombs. He was the only one, besides Littner's mechanic apparently, who understood how they worked. He just didn't want Simon or anyone else getting hurt; then again, he never was good at expressing himself. He often said the wrong thing that landed him in even more trouble, such as now.

Simon then broke the silence, "Exodus, I didn't mean...." but Exodus interjected, "Don't apologize. Yoko's right, those gauntlets are dangerous. But she didn't know just how much so." Simon looked at Exodus in puzzlement, Exodus then explained "Those gauntlets, they were my personal design. I made them so that they could obliterate Beastmen when I needed to. I suppose hypothetically, they COULD go through a Gunmen, but that would require more energy than I would ever have. So I used them as self-defense tools. They use Spiral Energy to drive knuckle spikes forward. With how damaged they were, they could have easily been self-destructed and killed you. That's why I was upset that you had taken them off of me. I've seen too many people get hurt." Simon nodded in understanding and said to Kamina, "We should go, Exodus needs time to rest."

Kamina smiled and said, "Yeah, you're right. And Exodus....I dodn't mean to bring up painful memories. So, I'm sorry, I'm sure Harbinger meant a lot to you." "More than you could possibly imagine." Exodus thought to himself as he nodded slowly, "Yeah, but in a way, it's kind of good to talk about it. Helps me come to terms with it, no matter how much I want her back." Simon and Kamina then left Exodus to his thoughts.

Yoko was off on guard duty again by the time Kamina and Simon left. She'd managed to snag a little bread and some water before she went, so as she stared at the horizon now, she was nibbling on that. It was all too much at once for Exodus, and for Kamina, who seemed to never know when to quit, it wasn't enough at all. And Simon, God bless him, didn't help matters either by jumping in with questions about weapons. She groaned in annoyance. Men were such babies. And then, just out on the horizon, she saw something glinting. Metal? Urgently, she got her scope out and looked through it to see what appeared to be gunmen.

"Shit."

This caught the attention of the other guards on duty and she showed them a gunman coming in their direction. "We should send out a patrol, fast. I'll go find Kamina and Simon, you guys hold down the fort."

With that, the redhead got her rifle and scope and headed back down the tower.

"Kamina! Simon! We've got trouble!"

Kamina and Simon had just exited the infirmary building and saw Yoko running towards them, screaming that there was trouble. A warning siren then came on not two seconds later; Simon and Kamina ran up to meet Yoko, Kamina asked in an elevated tone "Yoko, what the hell's going on? Are we under attack?"

Then, one of the guards yelled from a nearby tower, "We need an intercept team now! Unidentified Gunman closing fast!" Kamina then looked at Simon, "Let's get to our Gunmen, Simon. We'll drive them back!"

(Sorry if it seems cut off, but I want to see where you're taking this)

((I just wanted to insert a little action, but maybe Viral can come out and play or some group is getting closer. *Shrug* Just a little break from the dramatic side.))

Yoko was about to explain the situation when a guard did it for her. She ran with Kamina and Simon. Like she was getting left behind now! She climbed into the cockpit of Gurren with Kamina and readied her rifle in case her skills could be of any use. "Let's go."

Kamina nodded as he and Simon got ready to deploy. "Whoa, Ron. What the heck did you do to Gurren?" Kamina said aloud. Ron's voice came over the radio, "You like? I made the Gurren a bit faster at the cost of some durability, but I also added a bit more edge to the sunglass blades on the Gurren's chest. You should be able to cut pretty deep with them now. I also reinforced the limbs, so that they won't break so easily." Kamina grinned and looked back at Yoko, "Alright, let's go kick some ass!" With that, Kamina and Simon led a small band to intercept the attackers.

The Gunman off in the distance approaching Littner was none other than the personal Gunman of Lt. Viral, the Enki. Viral saw the incoming charge of defenders and grinned. "Hehe, time to kill some humans, soldiers!" Viral roared with glee, leading a small pack of captain and sergeant-class Beastmen in a charge against the pathetic humans.

Kamina dropped off Yoko, saying shortly "Yoko, we'll try to give you some opportunities. Go for the legs." Kamina then shouted to the rest of his soldiers, "Everyone, try to manuever the enemy in a way that Yoko can take them down! We need to capture one for information, so let's move out!"

Viral meanwhile had closed the gap, eager to squash these 'filthy apes', as his commander put it. Viral found it ironic that Thymilph would call these humans apes when he himself looked like a gorilla, but he didn't dare mock him for it. The Gurren drew its sunglass-blades and Enki drew a pair of swords itself. The two fought whilst others battled around them, the humans trying to maneuver the enemy's Gunmen to where Yoko could get a clear shot.

"Ready to die, human!?" Viral called out; Kamina heard the tone and recognized it as Viral. "So, back for more, are you? I'll make sure you don't walk away this time!" Viral just grinned, "Ah, Kamina! Good to see you, this time I'll make sure what's left of you gets sent back in a matchbox!"

Yoko let Kamina basically kick her out of Gurren so she could help take out the enemy gunmen. Simon stayed behind a little to work as her protector while she fired shot after shot into gunmen legs. It was more difficult to put a dent in this quality of metal, so she switched out to a different kind of blast. She worked hardest on shooting to capture, and managed to help down a few others before she turned her attention to Kamina and Viral, opting to take quicker, less accurate shots at the Enki.

Viral growled as he saw a few of his subordinates become disabled; holes were put into their Gunmen's legs and they fell. Some were quickly dispatched, but one was being carted off by the humans. That left only Viral and Kamina standing in the battlefield. "Kamina! We got one!" one of the rebels yelled; Kamian then replied, "Good! Head back, but don't let him out!"

Everything was starting to fall apart and Viral knew where the incapacitating shots were coming from; however, this pesky enemy was in his way. "Grr...get of the way, you insignificant little wretch!" With that he slammed Enki's blast shield into the Gurren with enough force to knock it aside, before rockets popped out its shoulders. "Let's see how you like this, you annoying wench!" he said excitedly before firing twin volleys of rockets directly at Yoko's position. "No!" Kamina yelled as he recovered and threw Gurren's sunglasses at the rocket barrage like a boomerang; this managed to destroy some of them, but a few were still headed towards Yoko.

Kamina then tried to get after them, but then found himself pinned by Viral. "Gah, get off me!" Kamina yelled out; Viral just cackled as he raised a blade to finish Kamina off, but he looked to see the sunglasses flying right back at him. Viral threw up the blast shield just in time; this made Enki get knocked back from the force of the impact.

Yoko froze for a moment as she saw the rockets come flying at her. Kamina's quick thinking brought her back to reality. She quickly took aim and shot at the remaining missiles, causing them to explode before reaching her. She was knocked back by the force of the explosion however, and the wind was knocked out of her.

Simon rushed over in Lagann and helped her into his cockpit to act as a kind of shield. He closed the top, feeling her soft form press against him. It was actually pretty distracting until he saw Kamina was in trouble. Then all bets were off. The little guy launched himself toward the two. "Bro!"

"I'm alright, Simon." Kamina grunted as he stood the Gurren up. Viral recovered quickly from the blow the boomerang dealt him; he noticed that another Gunman was entering the fray, but it was much smaller than either his or Kamina's. Utterlyu inconsequential, in Viral's eyes. "Hah! You think because it's two on one you'll win? Not a chance in hell, you'll just help speed Genome's plans up is all!"

He then turned back to Viral and demanded, "And what exactly are this Genome's plans?" Viral snarled, "As if I have to answer to you!" he said as his chest opened up to reveal another row of missile tubes. "Eat this!" Viral roared as countless missiles were launched towards Kamina and Simon. "Simon! Watch out!" Kamina shouted as he dodged his own missiles, then charged and tried to pin Viral; Viral, however, easily outmaneuvered Kamina and slammed Gurren into the ground again. Viral just cackled as he kept the Gurren pinned; its stubby limbs were no match for Enki's superior design. The ring began to glow; Viral was going to finish it now. "Die, Kamina!" Viral shouted with glee.

"Kamina!" Yoko watched as the missiles launched at him and Lagann. She held Simon a little tighter against her, which gave him a little spike in spiral power. He moved much faster than Gurren because of his size and was able to doge most of the attacks. He was blown away by the impact of one, however. Yoko urged the digger to get up. "Kamina needs you!"

"Right." He opened the brain portion of Lagann and Yoko jumped out to take aim at Viral. The little gunman started running toward Kamina. "Bro! I'm coming, bro!"

Yoko, in the mean time, noticed that the ring on Viral's gunman's head was beginning to glow. That wasn't a good sign. She growled and switched out her bullets for the special brand Ron had made up himself. A few quick twists of her wrists and she was ready to take it out. She dropped down quickly and took aim through her scope. A quick steadying breath and a tight adjustment, and she fired three shots determined to take part of that bastard down.

Viral felt someone try to aim at him; growling, he tried to move to avoid the shots. Enki jumped back, giving itself a wide berth of space. However, one of Yoko's shots managed to break off part of its forehead ring as it moved, disabling the laser attack. "Why you......" Viral growled; these three were growing into a major annoyance. "Nice job, Yoko" Kamina shouted as the Gurren laid on its back. Kamina had to give Viral credit; he knew how to fight.

"Simon, we need to merge our Gunmen! Viral's a slippery bastard!" Kamina told Simon as the Lagann helped Gurren stand up. Kamina then grabbed the giant sunglasses and put them back on the Gurren's 'face'. Viral just laughed, "As if that will do anything! You'll just make it easier to eliminate you both in one go!" Viral then relaxed his Enki's guard, "Come on, let's see this merge! I want you to think you have a chance before I finish you both off once and for all!"

Simon was way ahead of Kamina and almost there when Kamina called out for him. He engaged the proper sequence to merge with Kamina and went for the transformation.

Yoko, didn't revel in her praise. She found a new position to snipe from and took her time setting up the shot. It looked like Viral was going to give the two of them time to merge. She wouldn't shoot while they were transforming, but she was ready to pull the trigger.

As Simon engaged the process to merge with the Gurren, Kamina too prepared for the merge. Letting the drill pierce Gurren's armor, the two Gunmen reformed into something that looked like it could do some damage. "Alright, now this is what I'm talking about" Kamina said as he looked up at Simon and said, "You ready to do this, Simon?"

Viral, meanwhile, just laughed and shouted "You think that stupid-looking hunk of junk is going to do anything? I'll show you what a real Gunman can do!" He then proceeded to open all four projectile launchers under the armor of the arm and thighplates. "Let's see how you handle this!" he roared as he launched what looked like giant kunai at the newly formed mech.

"Yeah! Let's do it, bro!" Simon was pumped. He always felt so full of power and courage when he was working along side Kamina. His big bro was an impressive person. Maybe a little reckless, but an awe inspiring individual, none-the-less. If Simon had one person in the world as a role model, it was Kamina. Of course, that was only part of the reason he was so excited. Battle itself in Laggan was stressful and exciting at the same time. But fighting with Kamina like this was the best. They always had each other's backs. Of course, he had no time to reflect on this, as projectiles started flying out of Viral's gunman.

"What're those?!" Simon frantically tried to dodge all of them, not thinking to utilize any of the new equipment they'd somehow garnered. He was having a hard time dodging them all, so Yoko knocked a few off course with a few well placed shots. Unfortunately, that meant she had to move again to get a shot in at Viral if she didn't want him to find her right away. That was the thing about being a sniper: you were automatically the most vulnerable person on the team.

"Focus, Simon! We can do this!" Kamina yelled out as he tried to help guide the Gurren Lagann, as he decided to call it, away from the incoming projectiles. "I'll give you this, Viral! You got some nice tricks in that Gunman of yours, but that still won't help you win!"

Viral just laughed, "At least my Enki isn't a pile of scrap that was thrown together at the last minute!" Kamina just grinned and shot back, "I think that the fact you're having such a hard time putting us down is proof enough ''Enki' should be junked as soon as possible!" Viral grimaced and roared, "You insignificant little insect! I'll cut you and that trash heap to ribbons!" He drew his combat blades and charged his opponent recklessly.

Kamina smiled and mumbled, "From one hothead to another". He sidestepped the Enki's charge and quickly drawing the sunglasses on Gurren's chest-face, cut off the helmet of Enki. Kamina then had the Gurren Lagann pick it up and hold it out. "Hey, Viral! Lose something?" he called out. Enki's hands seemed to go frantically searching itself for its helmet; once Viral realized that it was indeed gone, his face contorted into one of rage. "And still you mock me?! I'll kill you!" He then charged Gurren Lagann again; Kamina however, just sidestepped again and actually managed to cut off one of Enki's arms at the shoulder.

Viral now sensed that he was going to lose this fight, "You may have beaten me for now, but when I return, I'll make sure you pay for what you've done here today!" And with that, Viral took off, making sure to zigzag so that the annoying wench couldn't hit him with her bullets.

Yoko stood from her sniper position and heaved a sigh of relief when she saw Viral retreating. She grinned as he serpentined all the way out of her field of vision. Damn right he should be afraid. She grinned and waved at Kamina and Simon, coming closer to them so that she would be more noticeable. Then again, what wasn't noticeable about her?

Simon had fought with Kamina the best he could, backing up whatever Kamina said. Of course Kamina did a lot of reckless charging in, so it was sort of like a panic attack the whole time, but he went with it all, doing his best to match up with Kamina's fighting spirit, as well as his attitude. And the sight of Enki's retreat, he felt intense relief. Then he saw Yoko and smiled, laughing a little. "We did it!"

"No kidding. I didn't know gunmen could do that," Yoko said with a smile. "How about giving me a lift, boys?"

Kamina smiled as he and Simon made their way back to Yoko's position; today was a huge victory in many regards. Not only did they stop Beastmen forces from overrunning Littner, but they also captured one to interrogate. Hopefully they could get some more detailed intel from this thing; while Exodus was a great help in figuring just what the Beastmen were, there were still a lot gaps. But, all in due time.

When Yoko asked for a lift, Kamina just said jokingly, "Nah, I think we'll leave you out here. You should walk back, gotta keep up that figure somehow."
Meanwhile, at an unknown location, a large bearded man, or at least what appeared to be a hologram of him, appeared in Adiane's control room. It was none other than the Spiral King himself; he was here to see what the status of Exodus.

Though his sudden appearance was probably unexpected by Adiane, as he made a habit of checking in with his Generals unannounced. He then spoke, "Adiane! I am here to verify the status of our missing 'guest'. My patience wears thin. Have you located him yet?" The past few reports were less than pleasing to him, and the fact that Exodus and his two former comrades had been successful in disposing of Cytomander only served to displease him further.

Yoko shot him a bland look as Kamina made his joke. "What's that about my figure, Kamina?" she asked him, hefting up her rifle to take aim at his cockpit. Of course, by now she'd switched back to regular bullets, but he didn't have to know that.

"Hey, calm down, Yoko. Bro was just kidding, right?"
Simon interjected. Always defending his "bro." Well, it was like back in their village when Kamina always defended Simon. It was the least they could do for each other to always have each other's backs.

Yoko sighed and looked up at them. She fought the urge to roll her eyes. Simon used his control to lower the gunman's hand to her level. When she was safely in his hand, he lifted her up to carry her home.

Adiane was just trying to relax when the image of Lord Genome appeared before her. Startled, she knelt before him in a decidedly ungraceful manner before adjusting her image. He did not sound happy, and that did not bode well for her. "From what my scouts have told me, we know the area he's in. It's only a matter of time before we collect him, my lord. We need just a few more days, I'm sure of it."

Kamina sweat-dropped as they made their way back to Littner. "Good god, Yoko. You scared the crap out of me whne you aimed at me. I was only kidding." Of course, Kamina only joked about her looks because, well, he found her to be smoking hot. He was just glad that Simon stepped in when he did; Kamina thought Yoko was going to blow the Gurren apart, especially using those custom anti-Gunmen bullets Ron designed for her.

"So, guys, ready to interrogate a Beastman? Let's see if we can't beat some answers out of him." Kamina sadi confindetnly as they finally arrived back at Littner. Kamina then wondered if Exodus really did punch Gunmen and was hiding it. However, he put that aside and asked his comrades a more relevant question, "Hey, since we did capture a Beastman, should we tell Exodus? Maybe we can get some answers for him too, you know, see why the Beastmen are truly chasing him. It only seems fair to let him know." Kamina thought that Exodus wasn't telling the whole truth, so he planned on seeing whether this guy knew anything about it.

Genome was in fact very displeased; he figured this was Adiane's way of stalling for more time. "I grow more impatient with your endless excuses, Adiane. Need I remind how imperative Exodus is to the Beastman Empire? Your incompetence at locating Exodus is making me begin to question your abilities. Maybe I should find another more...suited....to the role of General."

"Maybe you'll learn to be more sensitive," she quipped as she held her rifle, looking at the cockpit Kamina occupied. "It's not very smart to tease a girl with a gun, you know?" She smiled. "Simon knows to be nice," she said with a grin. She couldn't see it, but the little guy was blushing. Still, he was glad he'd stepped in. He thought about what Kamina said, and agreed. "Yeah, we should let him know. Maybe we can get some information he wants too."

Yoko thought about it for a moment and frowned. "I'm not sure...let's ask him what he wants. He might be too weak for all the excitement...it might traumatize him a little to sit there and listen. Let's figure out what we can do for him first."

Adiane looked up at her creator. "No, my lord. It is I who must capture Exodus. Leave this to me. I will find him and bring him back." Oh yes, and when she did, he would suffer.

Kamina just grinned goofily, "Yeah, yeah. Alright, we're here." he said as he pulled the Gurren Lagann back into an empty space. Getting out, he made his way to the infirmary, to see what Exodus would think. However, there was a flurry of activity at Exodus' room; some nurses were struggling with great difficulty to hold Exodus down. "Lemme go, I need.....I said LET GO OF ME!" Exodus roared, trying his damnedest to break their hold. "What the hell...." Kamina muttered, a doctor then explained, "Ever since that Beastman was brought back, Exodus started freaking out. He won't calm down, saying they'll find him, take him away. I tried to assure him we have everything under control, but he won't listen."

Kamina pushed his way past, "Exodus, would you calm down? They aren't going to find you, they don't even know you're here!" Exodus glared at Kamina, "So YOU ordered them to bring it here? Were you dropped on your head? What if he finds me? How amI supposed to defend myself in my condition if he manages to get to me?" Kamina groaned, "Exodus, you're not alone anymore, you don't have to do everything by yourself."

This was exactly what Yoko had been afraid of. He was freaking out. No one should have told him that there was a beastman in the base. She watched as Kamina tried to get Exodus to calm down, telling him that he wasn't alone anymore. That was very much true. Yoko walked past all the nurses and stood directly in front of Exodus. She put both hands on his shoulders and gave him a tiny shake.

"Hey. Down here. Look at me, Exodus. Look at me." She waited until she had his full attention. "The only way he'll find you is if you come to the interrogation with us. And I don't really think that's wise, considering your reaction just now. Just stay here," she said. "And if he tries to get away, I'll shoot him. He'll be dead before he leaves this place."

Her golden eyes stared up at him, waiting for his acknowledgement. She wanted him to understand, but she wondered if he would..."Remember. It's like Kamina said. You're not alone. And we won't let him lay a finger on you."

When Yoko shook him, Exodus just stared at her; she didn't get it. Not that he expected she would, since he hadn't told his full story out of desire to keep his own ass from being killed. But everytime he had gotten close to people, the Beastmen just killed them before going after them. He was only partially afraid of them due to his current state; he wanted his revenge against Adiane desperately, and he'd be damned to hell if some Beastman grunt would be the one to do him in while he was weak.

The other part of his fear was that they would kill the people he had come to consider as allies; he was sick of seeing his allies dying in front of him. He hadn't seen what Kamina and the others were capable of in combat, but he judged they knew what they were doing. However, he took Yoko's words to heart. He then closed his eyes, took a deep breath and steadied himself, trying to calm down. After a few minutes, he looked back into Yoko's golden eyes. "Thanks, Yoko. You're right, I'm sorry. It's just that I've been on my own for so long, I've forgotten somewhat what it's like to have people watching your six."

Kamina was thankful Yoko had stepped in; she seemed to be the only one who could get through to him. "I don't know how you manage it, Yoko, but you seem to know what to say to keep him calm." He then turned to Exodus and said, "Like Yoko said, just stay here and we'll keep you safe. And if he tries anything funny, we'll put him down." He then motioned for the two to follow, "Come on, we got a Beastmen to 'talk to'."

(I figure here, we would do one day of interrogation in full, then timeskip to where the Beastman finally cracks and Exodus is up and moving at about 60% strength.)

((Sounds like a plan to me.))

Yoko was glad that she seemed to have gotten through to Exodus. His fears weren't entirely unfounded, but he needn't be so edgy. They were capable of defending themselves. When he finally calmed down, she let go of him. She didn't let her eyes wander from his face, however. It was still bothering Exodus that that creature was in camp, so the sooner they were done with him the better. She took one of his hands in hers and squeezed it. "Well don't forget anymore." With that, she let go and turned to leave as Kamina beckoned Simon and herself. "We'll come and talk to you soon, Exodus."

Simon nodded and followed after Kamina and Yoko. Bro always seemed to know what to do, and Yoko...well, just having her there was a huge help. She was always thinking of other people. Of course, she took care of herself, as well, but of all the people in Littner, Simon thought of her as the person he could count on most. Aside from Kamina, that is.

"So, what are we going to do if he doesn't answer our questions?"

As they went to where the Beastman captive was being held, Kamina looked down at Simon and said confidently, "Well, we'll pump him for as much information as we can, and if he doesn't give us anything useful, Yoko can have the pleasure of putting a hole in his head." After talking to another of the rebels to see if the prisoner was secure, it was verified that the creature was held in an underground room. The rebels had also bound and blinded him, so that he had no idea where Littner was. They also searched him for tracking devices before bringing him into Littner; they didn't need anymore Beastmen assaulting their base any time soon.

Making their way into the interrogation chamber, Kamina saw the creature in a large cage, trapped like the animal he was. The Beastman was certainly an odd one; it had strangely human characteristics, except for a thick mane on his jaw and a set of fairly-long, sharp fangs. "Well, hey there, how do you like the accommodations? Comfy?" The beastman let out a growl and snapped back, "Filthy ape! Release me at once, or I'll tear your throat out and shit down it!"

Kamina just chuckled, "Well, now you see why I can't do that, right? I'm rather fond of my throat, so that's a no-go, compadre. But, let's get down to business. Why don't you start with your name and rank. Unless you're just some lowly grunt, the whipping bitch of the Beastman army." The Beastman growled with anger, "Ape scum! I am no grunt, I am Lyos, Adjugant Lieutenant to Divine General Thymilph!" Lyos' widened in horrifed realization; he then barked, "How dare you trick me! You'll get nothing from me!" He then looked at Yoko and smiled, "And who is this, the resident cum dumpster of the rebel army? Why don't you come over here and service me, woman?"

Back
Top Bottom