Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Jugger x Candira

She wasn't bothered by the fact that he'd be sleeping in the same bed as her, especially since she had a few spells she could use to ease that burden if she really needed to. Still, she let him think he was getting a few good ones in. It wasn't like she'd have worried about rumors spreading anyway. No one knew who they were or what they were doing. There was no danger at all in just ignoring him. But the guy did have a point. They both had needs and they could limit it to this night. He closed with a plea for her to think about it while he was taking a bath. She rolled her eyes and lay down on the bed. Tired from today. She closed her eyes and just dozed off, not really sure that she wanted to turn Nathan down. But it killed her a little that she even thought she might say yes.

When Nathan came out of the shower, he saw her asleep and he chuckled. "Stupid girl slept before she could give me a firm answer...unless this is it." He said shrugging as he moved over to lay beside her, his back turned to her so he wouldn't have to look at her while he slept. He stayed awake the whole night though...literally...He just couldn't sleep. Something was bothering him the whole night...his mission...felt wrong. He felt like he left something undone...but he didn't quite know what it was. Shrugging, he would just put up with fatigue the next day...he really couldn't sleep on the matter.

About half-way through the night, Sapphire woke up as well. It was dark in the room, but she could see. She turned her head and saw that Nathan was next to her. At least he wasn't the kind of man who took advantage of women when they couldn't defend themselves. He didn't seem to be getting much rest. She thought about putting a spell on him, but she decided against it. His body could handle itself, she supposed. Still, she felt a little guilty for not allowing him to take care of his needs. She turned herself so that she was facing his back and wondered if he was awake. She put her hand on his shoulder and waited to see if he would turn around.

Feeling her hand land on his shoulder, he jumped slightly before he looked over to see her 'asleep'. Smiling, he laid his hand onto hers for a moment before he turned over. Something about her wasn't right...Her hand was a little too well aimed to land on his shoulder and not fall off. He began to stare into her closed eyes intently...watching for the slightest of twitches or peeks that she would try and even whispered to her. "Hey...you awake?" He said silently to her. "I can't sleep. Something about this whole thing just...feels wrong, y'know?"

((My bad, I didn't realize I'd left in the "closed" in my last post. I fixed it. I meant for her to be awake. Sorry ^^; ))

Her eyes opened when he jumped at turned to her, already starting to speak to her. She was surprised that this one was perceptive enough to realize that something about his mission wasn't quite right. That it didn't sit well with him was something she hadn't thought would bother him. Sapphire thought it over for a moment and shook her head. She thought about teasing him about sleeping with her, but thought better of it. For now, he needed to be lulled back into alignment with the original charm of the queen.

"It must just be the guilt. Or maybe, deep down, you don't think this will solve anything. Either way, a mission is just that: a mission. And it's our duty to see it through." Here, she looked up into his eyes and watched him, her face neither stern nor too soft. Just the right expression on her face.

(Its fine :] )

Hearing her, Nathan's eyes softened for a moment as he thought about it...Maybe he was guilty. He could only assume that it was the guilt but he knew it was something more. Smiling to her gently, he chuckled as he turned back over away from her. "Yeah...Probably right I guess..." He got up and stretched suddenly as he looked to her. "Keep the bed...I'll just sleep on this one." He said as he went over to the couch and began to take the cushions off before pulling out a small recliner bed. "I don't think I should sleep in the same bed as you. In some way...lets just say that I respect you enough not to take advantage of you. Though know that doesn't exactly mean I accept you as my team mate."

She was tempted to comfort him, but luckily he removed the temptation by getting up and walking to the couch. She looked up at him and watched him arrange things. She chuckled at his defensive peace offering, but she was too tired to really do much about it. "Fair enough. I appreciate it, by the way." She sat up, still in her revealing dress and then stood and turned away from him, slipping out of it a little at a time, letting him stare if he pleased. She barely let him see any of her though, since as she took it off she climbed into the bed again and slipped under the sheets.

"Just...do me one favor..." He said with a small blush on his face. "If I ever talk about going to a brothel again...could...could you do that thing you did...again to stop me...? I'm trying to quit going there...but they just tempt you and tempt you to keep going...Just try and stop me by saying we're...you know..." He said before burying his face into his pillow. "Good night!" He said to her as he tried to sleep again.

That one caught her by surprise. She sat up, pulling the sheet around her and watched him as he struggled through his request. Blinking, she chuckled and shook her head. "If that'll help," she said softly, watching him for a few moments after he buried his head in shame. "Good night." And then she lay down to sleep again as well.

Nathan still couldn't get any sleep that night...He just didn't know why...It all felt just wrong, and he didn't know exactly what was bothering him the most. The uncertainty of the mission or the fact he was colliding emotions on whether or not to be an ass to the girl or not...though we was leaning more toward being an ass. Sighing...he waited for the morning sun to come up before he got up and got dressed. Walking over to her, he began to poke her shoulder. "Wake up shorty."

The redhead slept lightly that night and woke up as he started to poke her shoulder. With a groan, she opened her eyes and turned to face him. She looked up at him and sat up drowsily, the sheet that was covering her falling away from her form. She did nothing to stop it, not realizing what had happened. "Hmmm? Oh, morning," she said, still pretty much dead to the world.

Seeing the sheet fall away to reveal her naked body caused him to blush with an annoyed face as he looked away. "P-Put some damn clothes on..." He said to himself before turning away. "Lets just get the hell out of town...we need to get to Yokai as soon as possible so we can kill that asshole of a king that killed the Witch King!"

She looked up at him, blinked, and then looked down at herself. Realization dawned on her and she blushed just a little hitting him in the back of the head as she got up and used her magic to get dressed. "I don't think I told you, but I'm not a morning person, and I don't appreciate loud noises in the morning. Calm down," she said, looking absolutely lethal and sexy at the same time. She brushed her hair, put on her hat, and then grabbed her things and headed for the door. "Come on. If you're in such a hurry, lets go."

"Jeez I was waiting on you dumbass..." He murmured to himself as he waited for her. When she walked to the door, he walked with her out of the inn and into the open. The eyes that laid themselves onto the two of them made Nathan uncomfortable. "They really think we're a pair don't they..." He murmured silently to her as he turned and walked toward the gate of the town without her. "I really hope that the next town doesn't take to...this much interest when and if she does that bit on me the next time I go to the brothel...I can already feel regret sitting in...maybe if I don't tell her and instead tell her I'll be heading to the pub...yeah...that'll work..."

For the benefit of the witches around her, she ran to him and put her arms around him from behind, acting a bit more giddy. She gave a few waves and kissed the side of his head often. Once they were out of view, she let go of him and hopped on her broom, floating along with him.

He seemed annoyed as she played the part of his giddy wife...but didn't say anything to her after she stopped. "Bleh...you seemed to have fun playing such a 'loving wife'." He said to taunt her since she was the one that did it all...he just had to sit there and he could be guessed to be her husband. He would love to tease her. "Why be so bubbly when you're playing my wife huh? You like kissing on me in public and doing all sorts of things that a wife would do to me? You could just sit there and wrap your arm around me and say you're my wife and people would more than likely believe us you know."

"I enjoy it because it embarrasses you," she said with a grin. "Or at least it seems to. But maybe you secretly like it?" Her smile only widened. "Well that is interesting for someone who appears to dislike me so much." She grinned as he floated along. "Besides, you can't go in with your best and leave with your worst, silly."

"Yeah. Yeah thats it exactly. I secretly like you doing this to me and hope for one that night I'll actually get to rock your world so much you'll take to having an after-sex smoke." He taunted with a smirk. "Anyway...Be careful on the next town we're heading to. Its mostly full of humans...the witches there turned to thievery and have become bandits and raiders. Just try not to pick up a fight with anyone and we'll be fine...if someone wants to sleep with you...er...call me...Don't try and fight them. I know how to reason with them."

She smirked at his response and laughed, shaking her head. Sapphire was almost surprised to hear what seemed like concern seeping into his voice as he warned her to be careful in the next town. "Not everyone stoops to fighting right away," she said looking ahead. "But I guess I'll be careful if it'll get you to shut up." She teased him a little and kept walking along with him.

"Erk..." He shook his head and began to keep walking. He wasn't gonna start anything with her before they even got to town...no need to continue this teasing until they eventually broke out into an argument that got one of them killed before the mission had even started. When they arrived, he looked around. "I'll walk with you to find the inn...after that I'm going to go hit the pub, alright?"

"I think I'll go too," she said, stretching. "I wouldn't mind some wine, maybe a little dinner," she said with a grin. Of course, she wasn't sure that he was going to the brothel, but she got the suspicion that he might not be totally honest with her about where he was going, and she didn't want to have to do the whole "chase" thing again.

"Let's check in and then go get something at the pub," She said with a grin. Once they arrived she got off her broom and put it away once it was miniaturized again.

His eyebrow twitched as he smiled friendly to her. "Alright then...you can come." 'Hopefully I can get her drunk enough to either sleep with me or go to the inn while I head over to the brothel...I hope I'll have enough after this bar trip.' He thought in his head as he walked with her over to the inn. Walking inside, he paid for a room and walked down to it. "Smaller than the last inn...but at least it was far cheaper." He said to her before moving to sit on the bed. "You sure you want to go with me to the pub? I'm just gonna get drunk you know. Be more of a hassle to you."

Sapphire checked in with him and laid a few anti-theft enchantments down on their belongings and the room itself before she acknowledged that he'd spoken to her. "Hm? Yes, it's cheaper. But it's still pretty nice for such a small room." His talk of getting drunk only really strengthened her argument for going along with him. "If you're going to be a hassle for me, imagine what you'd be like for the other people in the bar. At least this way you'll have someone to help you so you don't make anyone mad." If he really did intend to drink himself into a stupor, she would be there to help him stop. Or at least to help him back to the room. "And anyway, you shouldn't drink so much since we've got a long way to go tomorrow."

She held out her hand to him to help him up. "Let's go. I'm getting hungry."

He sighed. "Alright how about we eat first rather than get drunk..." He said as he stood up without her help. "Well...Lets go see if they'll sell us any dumplings or noodles. I'm not sure exactly what this town's food is like...I didn't stop here on my way to the castle...come to think of it...I don't really remember stopping in any town on the way to the castle...I just remember the assassination..." He murmured as he suddenly stopped and looked to the ground, wondering what was wrong with him.

She nodded in agreement as he told her they should eat first. Sapphire chose to ignore the way he pushed aside her good intentions and the rude way in which he did it. "I'm not sure either. I don't really stop by here." She shrugged and walked with him until he stopped moving, trailing off as he talked about not remembering things.

She put a hand on his shoulder and then stood in front of him. "Hey now. You can't just stop walking like that every time something bothers you," she said, lifting his chin. "I can't tell you why you don't remember these things," she said, making it sound as if the reason was because she didn't know the reason. "But if you let it stop you from carrying out your duty, you're not going to get very far in your current path, are you?" She smiled softly and squeezed his shoulder, only to realize she was drawing some attention to them, so she did what she usually did when she needed cover: embarrassed him with shows of affection.

Her lips came to his and she kissed him sweetly, looking absolutely taken with him as other men that passed in the inn seemed to give him their approval at the sight. One encouraged him to do more with a few silent but suggestive gestures.

Back
Top Bottom