Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Rape: the woman's fault?

--+Hahvoc Requiem+-- said:
Tathariel said:
--+Hahvoc Requiem+-- said:
In the state of Massachusetts- The law of consent is that it is rape if the woman/man doesn't or does say no but never says yes. If the person is drunk/intoxicated somehow- there is no such thing as consent because they are mentally impaired.

Wearing provocative clothing in my opinion just makes you look slutty- but it doesn't mean you are asking for it from every John, Rick, or Larry out there. You are always allowed to change your mind from yes to no if you are having second thoughts or whatever the hell. Being drunk- well, derp. You aren't in the right state of mind. I don't think rape is ever the victim's fault. I think rape is only the woman's fault if she is the one doing the raping-which most people are under the impression isn't very likely to occur but it does happen.​

There were 13 cases of woman on man last month here in Yongsan, S.Korea. :)

I was speaking in general. In the US, it's rare for reports of woman on man rape. And in the European countries it's mostly the same. Most guys- not all- are too prideful or ashamed to admit a woman had her way with him. I remember the story about a male stripper who was jumped by three female clients and violated in a way no one should ever be violated and the case was against him because he was male and a stripper and because of those prime things, he should have wanted it, right? Wrong. Anatomy shouldn't define whether or not you want sex from someone.​

Agreed!

There was a discussion about this same topic in the forum I just got banned from. I guess i'll add my 2cents.

Who's fault the rape is, to me, totally situational. Most of the time both the parties are to blame, like when a women goes into a bad neighborhood wearing proactive clothing. She should already know there is a good chance she is going to get assaulted and raped if she goes through a place that has alot of criminals. It's not just her fault, the man who raped her is still to be blamed for initiating the rape, but she was basically prostrating herself before the dude and in his mind just "asking for it.

Curbstomp said:
There was a discussion about this same topic in the forum I just got banned from. I guess i'll add my 2cents.

Who's fault the rape is, to me, totally situational. Most of the time both the parties are to blame, like when a women goes into a bad neighborhood wearing proactive clothing. She should already know there is a good chance she is going to get assaulted and raped if she goes through a place that has alot of criminals. It's not just her fault, the man who raped her is still to be blamed for initiating the rape, but she was basically prostrating herself before the dude and in his mind just "asking for it.
I'm sorry, but that's bullshit. How can a person be blamed for the logic failings of another? That doesn't make sense. Walking in a bad neighborhood dressed provocatively is poor judgment to be sure, but if she is raped as a result, it's not something that could have been predicted. Because 1. I don't care the neighborhood, there is no guarantee that every person dressed provocatively will get raped if they walk into that neighborhood and there is no guarantee that they won't and 2. Even if she was dressed provocatively, saying she is to blame for her resultant rape is like saying men/women cannot be expected to control themselves when faced with a little skin and that dressing provocatively ANYWHERE is a big ole sign welcoming advances whether they're wanted or not.

Curbstomp said:

Stupid minor, of course you would think like an idiot.

I think it was said before but one of the big problems with who's fault rape is is that people generally don't want to blame the victims lack of common sense for whatever situation they're in. Women tend to forget that when they're in public men don't talk to them because we care about their inner most feelings; we talk to them because we either want to have sex with you or because we have to(generally speaking anyways). How many guys have gone to a bar and talked to a girl because they were curious about her personality? Not many. That guy's not buying women drinks because he cares about her deepest thoughts; he's buying her drinks so he can fuck her, which is something most women don't understand. If a woman puts herself in a stupid position, which in no way justifies a mans actions, she raises the risk of becoming a victim.

While rape is always the aggressors fault, a little bit of common sense can prevent a lot of those situations where someone becomes a victim; especially with the scenario that started the thread. There isn't much of a gray area with the legal definition of rape, as the military law shows, but if you make a habit of putting yourself in a compromising situation it would be difficult to argue that you can't share some of the blame for what happens to you.

So in short:
Yes its rape and it is the guys fault but it's also partially the girls fault since she was stupid enough to put herself in a situation she obviously didn't want to be in.

Women are quite well aware of male intention, for the most part. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fucking clueless about women.

The reason why 'blame the victim' is generally and rightly considered bullshit is because that sort of thinking essentially forces women to orient their entire livelihoods in their own defense. "A little bit of common sense." "She shouldn't have been living in that neighborhood. She should have locked her door. She shouldn't have taken those drinks. She shouldn't have stepped outside. She should have had the common sense to keep an eye in the back of her head. She should have known better than to walk home alone with her boyfriend. She should have known better than to go out with such questionable friends."

You're not asking for just a bit of common sense, you're asking her to orient her entire life around protecting herself. What, exactly, is the point of civilization at all if we cannot free people from that burden?

So basically what you're saying is a person shouldn't look at themselves and the things they do in regards what happens to them? That is an incredibly stupid thought. This whole topic is based off of a stupid question where a woman asked who's fault a rape was in her hypothetical situation. She didn't know and you're trying to say that a lot of women ignorant to a mens intentions? At no point did i say someone has to sacrifice having a good time in order to stay safe, I simply stated that people need to be aware of their surroundings, other peoples motivations and consequences of their own actions.

I'm sick of that hippie feel good nonsense where if someone does something stupid and where there's a consequence as a result, they're coddled and told they didn't do anything wrong or have any control over what happened to them. For instance, would it be a bad idea to actually think about if you're ready for sex before putting yourself in that situation? By your logic it wouldn't matter because a woman has no control over her own actions and going farther into your argument one could say a man has no control over his actions either. Notice that I didn't say either party was in the right in the whole scenario and that is because both people did something that was either wrong or incredibly stupid. This whole discussion was brought up with the idea that a woman initiated something that she wasn't ready for and wasn't some random violent abduction off of the street where a woman truly doesn't have any control.

Of course it would be too much to ask for anyone to ever to get to know their partner well enough so this sort of thing wouldn't happen to them. If someone doesn't respect your request to stop it shows that the aggressor doesn't have respect for their partner which is a basic to any healthy relationship. If all women knew how men were or all the perspectives when it comes to rape then this topic wouldn't have even been put on the board.

Your comment highlights the idea that women are simply victims without any power over their own lives that is so common in the world today. Instead of acting like women are somehow weaker than men how about you step up and teach them to empower themselves? We couldn't have smart strong women able to make an educated decision about their bodies and how they carry themselves; that would get rid of all that feel good talk people say to make themselves feel like their actually doing something. Personally, I'd rather have girls be competent enough take care of themselves instead of being victims but that's just me.

SlutDealer said:
So basically what you're saying is a person shouldn't look at themselves and the things they do in regards what happens to them?

I did not.

That is an incredibly stupid thought.

That's because you committed a straw man fallacy.

This whole topic is based off of a stupid question where a woman asked who's fault a rape was in her hypothetical situation.

The topic is about withdrawing consent after the act is committed. It took a few tangents, however.

She didn't know and you're trying to say that a lot of women ignorant to a mens intentions?

You did not even read the first sentence of what I read, are you even human?

Vekseid said:
Women are quite well aware of male intention, for the most part. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fucking clueless about women.

At no point did i say someone has to sacrifice having a good time in order to stay safe, I simply stated that people need to be aware of their surroundings, other peoples motivations and consequences of their own actions.

You are simply clueless about how much time and effort women spend on their appearance and personal safety. She screws up once, and then the blame is on her. Go you.

I'm sick of that hippie feel good nonsense where if someone does something stupid and where there's a consequence as a result, they're coddled and told they didn't do anything wrong or have any control over what happened to them. For instance, would it be a bad idea to actually think about if you're ready for sex before putting yourself in that situation?

Your initial post clearly did not reflect the initial post on this topic, so either: You are claiming that she needs to be conscious of her own personal safety every moment - even while she's sleeping - or: You are shifting gears at random to try and suit the needs of your argument, wasting the time of those who would read and respond.

By your logic it wouldn't matter because a woman has no control over her own actions and going farther into your argument one could say a man has no control over his actions either. Notice that I didn't say either party was in the right in the whole scenario and that is because both people did something that was either wrong or incredibly stupid. This whole discussion was brought up with the idea that a woman initiated something that she wasn't ready for and wasn't some random violent abduction off of the street where a woman truly doesn't have any control.

Your initial post did not reflect the initial topic of this post, and thus neither did my response.

But lets humor you, because you're still an idiot.

Of course it would be too much to ask for anyone to ever to get to know their partner well enough so this sort of thing wouldn't happen to them. If someone doesn't respect your request to stop it shows that the aggressor doesn't have respect for their partner which is a basic to any healthy relationship. If all women knew how men were or all the perspectives when it comes to rape then this topic wouldn't have even been put on the board.

You haven't seen very many relationships at work, clearly.

Your comment highlights the idea that women are simply victims without any power over their own lives that is so common in the world today.

This reminds me of the people who claim that if an illiterate person signs away their rights, its their fault because they couldn't read.

No human being is completely cognizant of all the dangers that are posed towards them. We have civilization to divide up this responsibility, and that is why we have come as far as we have - by categorically rejecting bovine fecal matter sure as that sentence.

Instead of acting like women are somehow weaker than men how about you step up and teach them to empower themselves?

You're telling women they're dumber than men, here. Cute.

And physically, women are weaker. This is an empirical fact. That's why the responsibility of disengagement lies with the male in most cases, though certainly not all.

We couldn't have smart strong women able to make an educated decision about their bodies and how they carry themselves; that would get rid of all that feel good talk people say to make themselves feel like their actually doing something. Personally, I'd rather have girls be competent enough take care of themselves instead of being victims but that's just me.

No, you're just vacillating from point to point without presenting a coherent philosophy in an attempt to impress people.

Mr Master said:
So, someone with the name SlutDealer is talking women's empowerment with a confusing and self-contradictory diatribe. Hmm. Didn't see that one coming.
Feel free to yell if I'm wrong, but no, MM. Someone with the name SlutDealer is saying that rape is partially the woman's fault, and that they should go out of their way every moment of every day to make sure it never happens.

Raziel99 said:
Mr Master said:
So, someone with the name SlutDealer is talking women's empowerment with a confusing and self-contradictory diatribe. Hmm. Didn't see that one coming.
Feel free to yell if I'm wrong, but no, MM. Someone with the name SlutDealer is saying that rape is partially the woman's fault, and that they should go out of their way every moment of every day to make sure it never happens.
There's that as well. That's the self-contradictory part.

I'm just wondering how a dealer in "sluts" justifies talking about women's issues at all.

Mr Master said:
Raziel99 said:
Mr Master said:
There's that as well. That's the self-contradictory part.

I'm just wondering how a dealer in "sluts" justifies talking about women's issues at all.
You got me there, MM. You got me there.

I'm just going to say this: Lololol- SlutDealer.

Guess what? I'm a woman and quite empowered. I don't need a man to tell me otherwise. Most people in GENERAL don't think that they are in any danger in day-to-day life. So a woman wears a short skirt, big deal. If a man or another woman can't control their sexual urges, that is their fault- not the chicky in the skirt. She didn't know that some psycho would suddenly have a click in their brain going "THAT WILL BE MINE."

It's like how a serial killer chooses his victim- no one knows why he does it but he does it. Or she does it.

The brain is a rather complex organ.

Edit:

Oh, and P.S: Most human beings have the mind set of "that could never happen to me."​

SlutDealer is fail and has invalidated any asinine point he may(DOUBTFULLY) have had through idiotic doublespeak.

That is all.

-end transmission-

SlutDealer said:
Your comment highlights the idea that women are simply victims without any power over their own lives that is so common in the world today. Instead of acting like women are somehow weaker than men how about you step up and teach them to empower themselves? We couldn't have smart strong women able to make an educated decision about their bodies and how they carry themselves; that would get rid of all that feel good talk people say to make themselves feel like their actually doing something. Personally, I'd rather have girls be competent enough take care of themselves instead of being victims but that's just me.
so i guess i lacked common sense in trusting my guy friends of several years. i made the stupid decision to be friends with them and then hang out with them knowing i could be the only girl around at times. and then trust that they'd never turn on me ever. especially given how long i'd known them. i suppose it was my fault that my one friend turned on me then when i went to him for comfort, seeing as he was one of my best friends at the time, when i was having troubles with my then bf. and it was my stupidity to think that he actually cared about me as a person and genuinely wanted to help a friend b/c really all he wanted from me all those years was one thing. i guess i asked for him to turn on me too. i mean, after all, he was patiently waiting for the moment to arise. so who was i to deny him right? yeah.... i really asked for that shit. =/

Slutdealer- The way you look at the situation is idiotic, and only someone that lacks empathy can think that way.

How many guys have gone to a bar and talked to a girl because they were curious about her personality? Not many. That guy's not buying women drinks because he cares about her deepest thoughts; he's buying her drinks so he can fuck her, which is something most women don't understand. If a woman puts herself in a stupid position, which in no way justifies a mans actions, she raises the risk of becoming a victim.

Did you really just write that? Define stupid position. Just cause a chick goes home with you, does not give you a free pass to fuck. I've taken girls home, and just crashed with them on my bed. Did I wanna fuck? Sure! Did they? NO! Does that mean I still whip out my dick and its kinda their fault??? FUCK NO.

This whole discussion was brought up with the idea that a woman initiated something that she wasn't ready for

How does that make it her fault though? Even if your right about to stick your dick in, and she looks up at you and says NO, you goddamn well better stop what your doing, cause no matter how you try to cut it. ITS FUCKING RAPE. That "kinda the victims fault" bullshit your sprouting denies all common sense in the matter.

We couldn't have smart strong women able to make an educated decision about their bodies and how they carry themselves; that would get rid of all that feel good talk people say to make themselves feel like their actually doing something. Personally, I'd rather have girls be competent enough take care of themselves instead of being victims but that's just me.
*facepalms* I can't think of any reason why this makes sense.

darkangel76 said:
tath. have i told you lately that i love you? <3

Careful! Tath might be one of those guys. You know, the friends that seem to be there for support, and end up pushing your boundaries. I thought you already knew this, DA! Keep your back to the wall around him!

H a r r i e t said:
darkangel76 said:
tath. have i told you lately that i love you? <3

Careful! Tath might be one of those guys. You know, the friends that seem to be there for support, and end up pushing your boundaries. I thought you already knew this, DA! Keep your back to the wall around him!
oh yeah... that's right. thanks, harri. i forgot. then, i suppose that's typical female stupidity for you. *sigh*

i <3 you, harri

@Slutdealer: I cannot believe how little faith some people have in their fellow human beings. To MY thinking, if we put any of the blame on the victim, it somehow validates that the rapist didn't make a choice to some degree. That it was just a normal response like screaming when you're scared or sneezing. As if it was going to happen and any attempts for self-control would have been fruitless. I believe in and expect my fellow human beings to have a higher intelligence and free will and not just be a collection of instincts and urges. So, I will ALWAYS put the blame on the rapist because I know they could have done better and acted with restraint but they chose not to.

Because the fact of the matter is, not just slutty dressed people get raped, and there are plenty of them that don't ever have a brush with being forced, so that tells me it's not something you can prepare adequately for anyway. Asking them to try is insensitive and accusatory, because it's basically saying they were party to their own victimization.

Sorry sometimes certain ways of thinking frustrate me and stop me from saying things in a way that makes perfect sense to everyone. There is a direct relation to how a person carries themselves and the decisions they make when it's compared to the outcomes of their life and safety. The problem I have with people who place the sole blame on another person for what happens to them is that it's a defeatist attitude which reinforces the idea that people should just be victims. I live in a place where if you make a bad decision things can happen to you, even though technically you didn't do anything wrong so it's only logical that a persons best defense is their awareness and ability to use common sense.

Of course then there's always those people who believe that the world is some rosy place where people don't think they should be prepared if something does go wrong and those are the same people who endorse being completely dependent on the goodwill of other people when it comes to their safety. It feels so good to be a defender of the poor people and to be there for people when things go wrong so why teach people about how the world works and try to change it? Oh wait that might take some actual work and thought instead. Most people want to take a supposed moral high ground stance because it does indeed make them feel like they're actually doing something by just talking.

So what exactly is wrong about women being educated about their body and how to take care of themselves? Personally I'd much rather be with a strong woman instead of a spineless one who is ignorant of the world around her. A lot of people are happy just portraying other people as total victims, which I understand, but personally I don't see the world in such black and white terms. What's even more pathetic is women jumping on the same bandwagon which encourages them to be weak people.

"Did you really just write that? Define stupid position. Just cause a chick goes home with you, does not give you a free pass to fuck. I've taken girls home, and just crashed with them on my bed. Did I wanna fuck? Sure! Did they? NO! Does that mean I still whip out my dick and its kinda their fault??? FUCK NO." Alright since you basically didn't understand the basic point of that whole argument let me explain it to you in dumbed down terms: It would be stupid for a woman to accept all those drinks from a guy who obviously is given them to her so he has a chance to fuck her. While it isn't the womans fault for being raped it is her fault for needlessly herself putting herself in a position where she's unable to make logical decisions or to protect herself.

"How does that make it her fault though? Even if your right about to stick your dick in, and she looks up at you and says NO, you goddamn well better stop what your doing, cause no matter how you try to cut it. ITS FUCKING RAPE. That "kinda the victims fault" bullshit your sprouting denies all common sense in the matter." It is absolutely rape but I'm sure if someone's had this happen to them they look back and wonder what they could have done differently which isn't saying that it's the womans fault they were raped. Maybe being more assertive when they said no instead of a passive way of saying stop which doesn't quite get the message across effectively in a lot of cases.

The problem with talking about rape is that it brings up a lot of painful issues that most people would rather not discuss. One of the reasons that women are reluctant to go to court is that the trial is too difficult and painful to deal with since women are basically put on trail for what's happened to prove that they were raped. Seriously have you ever looked at what happens during a rape trail? Of course not because in your world where everything is black and white everything would make perfect sense and good would prevail over evil. The term "victim on trial" means might be a concept that you may not understand.

While a little forethought and common sense isn't necessarily something that will prevent every bad thing from happening to a person, it does do more than one might expect. Even if someone puts them self in a place where they can become a victim, that in no way justifies what an aggressor does but it is completely stupid for someone to think that they can put themselves in compromising situations and nothing will ever happen to them. It's even more pathetic that people try to act like they care about victims but don't want to tell people that maybe you might just want examine everything that lead to an event instead of ignoring every factor except the crime.

Of course I know this will be analyzed for every little mistake but if you don't understand the gist that:
1. Rape is wrong and it's always the aggressors fault.
2. The world isn't a very nice place.
3. Being intelligent and assertive is a good defense from crime even though it doesn't protect a person from everything
4. That putting yourself in a stupid position opens you up to being a victim
5. (i could make tons of points) And last but not least, if you don't understand the last 4 points you are a dummy and not to tell people about those 4 points is morally wrong.

You're obviously not reading anyone's responses in this thread if you still think that way. darkangel cited personal instances where men she knew well and had been friends with for a long time and TRUSTED took advantage of and betrayed her, but you must have skipped over what she said. So, she's an idiot and now to prepare and better make herself "strong" you're basically saying she shouldn't get close to anyone in her life because it was a stupid choice to put herself in harms way like that. I'm really really sorry, but that's disgusting to think like that.

Back
Top Bottom