Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Princess and the Thief (Lord Dakol and Seraphine Light)

Talia held Lucius' hand as they walked downstairs, happy to finally have their feelings for another out in the open. She seemed to glow with cheeriness. She leaned her head against his shoulder as they stopped in front of Gregory. At the mention of breakfast with Diane she smiled, looking up at Lucius with a nod. "That would be lovely Gregory, lead the way.." she smiled at the other man before looking to Lucius.

"Lucius..." she whispered,"What..what does muja mean?" she asked sheepishly, a bit embarrassed that she didn't know. She peeked up at him from his shoulder and watched him eagerly, interested in what he called her.

As Gregory led them away she started to walk, but kept her attention on Lucius, for to her, he was the only thing that was important at the moment. She liked how he wasn't wearing armor, it made her feel safe in Loiov, knowing that he didn't need to wear protection. She was also a bit excited to meet Damon, and she wondered what Lucius' relationship with him was!

Lucius was excited that he would be able to chat with Diane in her city. As they walked, he smirked at her question and kissed her on the forehead. "It's the Delusian word for "love"." he answered.

They turned a few corners until they came to a marketsquare, and ahead was a building, where Diane could be seen sitting. Gregory led them into the building, where a small table was. "Here they are, Miss Diane," Gregory stated, bowing slightly before nodding to Talia and Lucius.

"Hello, Lucius. Talia," Diane greeted with a warm smile as she gestured to the empty seats. Lucius sat down, pulling out the chair for Talia as she sat down.

Talia beamed happily at the translation of the word and couldn't stop smiling as they approached Diane and the table she sat out. She nodded to Diane and sat down next to Lucius as he pulled out her chair. "Good Morning Diane..." she said warmly, folding her hands in her lap as she relaxed. Talia knew that Diane had to mean a lot to him, so any chance she got to let him be happy and spend time with his friends she would take. She wanted Lucius to be happy no matter what. The Princess wished for him a long happy life, and nothing would stop that! She couldn't allow him to get harmed for any reason, and she had to make sure he remained happy.

"I hope you slept well..." she said to Diane, hoping to stir up some conversation between the three of them. She was suddenly curious as to what would be for breakfast.

"I did, certainly. And you two..?" Diane replied, quirking an eybrow, which made Lucius glance away.

Waiters then came in and set hot plates of freshly-baked bread, ripe fruit, and orange juice at their table, along with Kiilaa fins. However, Lucius ignored it for the time being and looked at Diane. "So, how have things been? I can't imagine anything being wrong here."

"Indeed, there isn't," Diane reported happily, folding her hands under her chin as she looked at Talia thoughtfully, "This is the best time we've had in quite some time. The Jakorians are immensely pleased with the new district we've built for them, and the leader is coming here tomorrow with his family to enjoy the Sea Festival. I do hope you two are planning to attend?" she asked with a hint of hopefulness.

Lucius glanced at Talia before looking back at Diane, "We wouldn't miss it for the world. We just have something to do before then," he said.

"Which is?"

"We're trying to find Damion."

A look of surprise crossed the Senator's face, and opened her lips to speak, but her words failed her just then. "You are going to try?" she asked, her voice soft and breathless. Lucius nodded, sliding his hand to grasp one of Talia. "She convinced me..." said Lucius, smiled lovingly.

Talia blushed brightly at the mention of sleeping well and coughed softly, quickly grabbing some orange juice instead of answering. Oh they had a wonderful night, sleep wise not so wonderful for her, but everything else, perfect. She listened to Lucius ask his question and was relieved when he did so. The mention of a Sea Festival made her eyes brighten. She'd never had a chance to go to any sort of Festival, any that the Empire had she normally watched from a balcony.

She nodded at the question of their attendance. "I cannot wait, Diane!" she cheered with a bright grin. She reached across the table and picked up a Kiilaa fin and nibbled on it as Diane asked what they needed to do. She looked from Lucius to Diane as the two spoke, questioning why the conversation had turned so serious at the mention of Damion.

But within moments her hand was grasped by Lucius and she smiled, her eyes softening as he smiled at her. He was so perfect, in so many ways. But realization hit her at what they were speaking of and she smiled back, then turned to Diane and nodded slightly.

But then the flavor of the fin in her mouth made her sigh happily, "My goodness these are just the most delicious things I've ever tasted!!" she noted, her eyes closing as she savored the wonderful flavor. "I believe I've found a new favorite food!"

"I'm you do. The fins are a delicacy, and Loiov is the only area in which Kiilaa fish are found," Diane said with a smile, "You will see them alive at the festival. They are the most dazzling fish I've seen."

"Will Damion be there?" Lucius asked curiously. This question seemed to not have a negative effect on Diane, as she smiled. "Of course. It will take a while to find him in the crowds, what with that cloak he always wears outside. It will do you good to see him today. Gregory can take you."

Lucius took a sip of his juice, tasting the citrus. Though, in comparison, Talia tasted much better than anything he had ever had before. So, wouldn't you know it? He was spoiled.

Talia sat quietly and smiled to herself. She couldn't wait to see the beautiful and dazzling fish that Diane spoke of. While she sat quietly and imagined what the fish could look like she also kept herself attentive to Diane and Lucius' conversations. They were speaking of Damion again and she was curious as to what he would be like.

She figured the only solution to that thought was to ask. So she did. "...What is this Damion like?" she questioned softly. She hoped she didn't offend anyone by asking, but she was a bit tired of being curious. She just wanted to know. She knew she was going to meet him later, but she wanted to know right then and there.

She grabbed Lucius' hand and smiled at him.

At Talia's question, both Diane and Lucius hesitated. Damion was a . . . complicated character. "Uh," Lucius began, his lips moving wordlessly to try and describe the man, "He's a gentlemen. Very polite, smart. He's known as the "Historian" in many parts of the country. Because of his knowledge, the King considers him a threat, and there has been a bounty on Damion's head for about . . . oh, say, twenty years? He'll know where we should start, and he'll be able to answer almost any question you have about the history of Xenion."

"Just make sure to not cut yourself around him," Diane warned her, chuckling lightly, which made Lucius shudder in fright.

"I cut my palm with my dagger when I first met him. I healed myself, of course, but he turned . . . scary," he added vaguely. Then, he began to eat a few strawberries, biting into one as the juice ran down his chin. "Damn..." he muttered, using his tongue to quickly clean off the slight mess.

Talia listened to them both and her eyes went wide when they mentioned not cutting herself around him. "Uhm...Scary? I'm not sure I follow.." she said nervously. "But..I'll try to be as careful as I can..." she assured with a small smile. When she saw Lucius bite into the strawberry she giggled softly, lifting her hand to lightly rub a stray drop off his chin in which he'd missed. She lifted her finger to her own health and smiled, tasting the sweet juice. "You're so silly.." she murmured sweetly.

Then she turned back to Diane. "A bounty...that..that is horrible..." she murmured. She didn't understand how so much fear could be brought up by just knowledge alone. If she was a ruler then she'd make sure people were treated properly and respectively.

Sighing she grabbed a warm piece of bread, nibbling on it and filling her still very empty stomach. Everything was so delicious.

"It's true. Damion has vast information regarding the Delusian Massacre, and the era before that, when everything was harmonious. Of course, Lucius doesn't need to know about the massacre, does he..?" Diane said softly, looking at Lucius with a sad look in her eyes.

The look in Lucius' eyes also turned stern and almost angry. His left hand that was holding the table began to clench it, his nails creating indents in the fine wood. "No, I don't," he looked at Talia, "I was there."

His bloodied eyes closed, the memory of the night becoming retold in the depths of his mind. The Thief's body shook in anger and horror before he settled down, opening his eyes.

Talia squeezed Lucius' hand, holding it in a firm and caring grip. She didn't want to see him upset, especially when it was her fathers fault he was so upset. "Lucius..." she whispered softly. "It'll be okay..." she added, patting his leg lightly with her hand. She didn't say it but she hoped he knew. He would get his revenge. She would make sure of it.

She turned to Diane and smiled a bit,"How long have you been the Senator of this fine city?" she asked, trying to get the topic away from Damion and the massacre, she was sorry she'd Damion up.

"I hope to travel here many times in the life ahead of me...I don't think I'll be able to stay away for to long..." she laughed softly. "This place seems almost magical to me..." she nodded slightly and reached for her orange juice, sipping at it quietly.

Lucius smiled thankfully at Talia, his hand relaxing on the table and the other squeezing her hand gently.

"Hmm . . . just a little over five years. You wouldn't believe who had governed before me. Absolute monster of a man; almost caused a pollution problem in the city before he was overruled by . . . well, everyone that lived here," Diane explained, gesturing behind her. "I'm glad you feel that way, Talia. Many have told me it's paradise to be, and many more settled down and started a family."

Despite the cheerful chat that was happening between the two, Lucius couldn't help but ask a question of business, "Damion still lives in the Mazigo District, right?" he asked.

Diane nodded. "That's right. Though he doesn't have an official business or title, he's teaches most of the children there, then visits the other districts to sell books."

She smiled at the thought of a family and laughed quietly. "I'm glad that man was overruled then! Pollution is a horrible thing, especially when so much beauty is available..." she looked to Lucius as he brought up Damion again. She pursed her lips, but didn't say anything. "After breakfast we're going to go find him..." she said with a smile to Diane. "I hope we don't interrupt him with any of his teachings...." she murmured softly.

She looked to Lucius. "Oh! Perhaps I could buy myself a new outfit here!" she said with a gentle laugh. "Despite my new situation...I still like a small array of clothing selections.." she said to Diane, laughing a bit at her own silliness. She knew she couldn't have to much for it wouldn't travel well, but one more dress wouldn't kill her. Her other dresses were very thin and light, so they took up hardly any room.

"Do you think that would be alright?" she asked Lucius, softly, her eyes twinkling a bit in hope. She smiled in a way that said she'd make up for it if she was allowed to buy herself a dress. She nibbled on her bread a little more as she waited for an answer.

Lucius nodded in agreement. "All right then," he replied, then laughed softly. "You don't need to ask, love. It's your gold; do what you wish with it."

As the meal continued and Diane and Talia made small talk, Lucius finished his food, leaning back in his chair as he let out a sigh of content.

When breakfast started to come to an end she smiled and set her empty glass down. "Diane...I want to thank you for your wonderful hospitality towards us," she said with a friendly tone of voice. "I couldn't have asked for a better beginning to my stay here with you.." she smiled and grabbed a napkin, lightly dabbing at her lips before laughing quietly.

"Don't you agree Lucius?" she looked to him and smiled. "How long have you two known each other?" she asked curiously, her eyes bright with curiosity.

Diane raised a hand to wave her off, "It is no trouble. Any friend of Lucius is a friend of mine," she said. When Talia asked about the length of their friendship, Diane didn't say a word but looked at Lucius instead.

"Fifteen years. I met her right after the massacre. I had somehow made it from the Empire to the market of Loiov, and she gave me food and shelter. Without her, I wouldn't have survived. She taught me how to be a thief," Lucius said, with a smile of remembrance on his face. "Diane's sort of like my big sister..." the young man extended his other hand and squeezed Diane's softly, chuckling happily.

A moment later, he let go of their hands and stood up, getting away from the table as he extended his hand to Talia. "Shall we go, muja?" he asked, "Thank you, Diane. Truly."

She listened with furrowed brows as Lucius explained their relationship. "Oh..my.." she murmured. "Well..Thank you Diane..for giving him a life...without you..he'd never have found me..and I'd still be locked up in that ridiculous palace.." she said quietly. "So..a thousand thanks once again..." She stood when Lucius extended his hand and she took it with a smile.

"We'll see you again..." she said to Diane, nodding her head in respect to the woman before stepping closer to Lucius and letting him take her from the building. As they were leaving she leaned her head against him. "I apologize if I brought up difficult memories..." she mumbled sadly. "I didn't mean to...I just..I want to fully understand everything...and I felt some questions were needed.." she clarified as she nuzzled her head affectionately against his arm.

The Princess smiled when they stepped outside, the same scene from the day before, now in front of her. "Oh I cannot wait to explore this city!" she cheered with a bright grin. It was true, with them going to see Damion, she got a chance to see more of the city.

Lucius smiled halfheartedly, but kissed her cheek. "I'm glad you did. I don't want there to be any secrets between us. If you have any questions about me, just ask, okay?" he nodded, turning his head to see Gregory.

"Ready to go, Lucius? Talia?" he inquired, and once he received a nod from the Thief, they were on their way. As they passed a merchant selling premium water canteens, Lucius bought two, then hurried over to one of the pipes, filling the jugs to the brim and handed one to Talia. Taking a sip, he sighed as the cool water refreshed his throat. It was entirely purified, just like all the water in Loiov. Perhaps he would be able to take Talia to see the factory down below later on.

Talia followed Gregory and walked beside Lucius, but when her love bought some canteens she smiled. Water! She happily took hers from him and sipped the water he'd filled it up with. It was so refreshing and cool as it rushed down her throat. "Oh my..this water is perfect..." she said softly, taking another sip before putting the cap on and followed behind Gregory again.

"I cannot believe that I didn't know this city existed..It makes me so angry and so upset that all this beauty and wonder was lost to me..." she bit her tongue to stop herself from yelling about her horrible father! The man who'd made her life hell since she was young, and who'd ruined the entire race of her dear lover. A day didn't go by that she didn't want to kill her father, to watch his blood run from his body and finally see Lucius get the revenge he so badly deserved.

She was silent as they walked, deep within her own thoughts about many things.

Lucius looked up at the beautiful blue sky and the sun that shined down upon them, smiling gently. "You are here now, Talia. That is what matters, right?" he said. Soon enough, they walked by another set of docks, where gigantic warships were placed safely by the anchors. The metal sheen glinted in the light, where both humans and Jakorians alike worked diligently to maintain the ship's pristine condition. Lucius narrowed his eyes curiously. "Are they preparing for war, Gregory?" he asked.

Gregory glanced over his shoulder, "Sort of. They want to make sure no monsters attack, so they're on guard the entire time," he explained.

"When was the last time a kraken was spotted?" the Thief added.

"Hmm . . . a little over a year ago. But the Jakorians told us they hunted them to extinction, so we're covered on that end."

"That's good..." Lucius muttered, looking relieved before they came upon another darkened tunnel. They walked through with other people, and this one seemed longer than the other. Suddenly, they arrived at a set of stairs that went down; once they did so, they found themselves in a glass tunnel . . . underwater!

A variety of brilliantly colored swam by, some alone but most in large schools. A large shadow loomed overhead, a darkened blue shark drifted by, passing the fish without alarming them at all.

Talia felt herself pale. "War?" she squeaked. "Kraken?" she mumbled. "What is that?" she questioned, at the speak of them being hunted to extinction she felt a shiver run down her spine. Where they monsters?

She slowly walked along until they reached a darkened tunnel. She hesitated at first, but when she saw other people going through she started to walk again, and as she entered it she found herself gasping. They went down a set of stairs and then she was amazed to find herself under water. The tunnel was made of glass and she had a perfect view of the fish around them. They were so beautiful and colorful. Talia stepped close to the glass and looked out.

When she saw the shark float over she tensed, it looked scary to her.

After a moment she reached for Lucius again, taking his hand and smiling. "This place just gets better and better..." she murmured quietly.

Lucius thought for a moment about how to best convey an explanation. "Er . . . it's a large sea creature. Looks like a squid and essentially kills anything it sees. They used to attack Loiov all the time years ago, but the Jakorians have been hunting them to keep everyone safe and for their teeth," he said.

As he took Talia's hand, he laughed and grinned brightly. "Doesn't it?" The group then exited the glass tunnel to go up a set of stairs until they came to the other end. A sign said above "Mazigo District". "Remember how Lob said it was the poorest district?" Lucius asked with a smirk as they left the tunnel. They were forced to cover their eyes for a moment to get used to the light, and when they looked around, they were greeted by a gorgeous sight.

The buildings and walkways were basically the same as the other district, but wrapped around the clear pipes were thick green vines, leeching endlessly from the water to grow fruits and vegetables of the most vibrant colors. A mixture of the fruits made a delicious aroma, making Lucius inhale gently. "This is the farming district. Give me a second. The best fruit is at the top."

Without waiting for a response, Lucius vaulted over the walkway, pushing off from the rail to grab hold of a side of the building. He then began to easily climb, pulling himself by window as he ascended higher and higher until he reached the top. The vines erected in the air, swaying in the cool breeze. Upon them were a small collection of small, pinkish berries, which Lucius grabbed a handful, picking them from their nest. He then used the shop signs rails to quickly descend, hopping down in front of them, hand outstretched for Talia to try one. He tossed one to Gregory, and then proceeded to eat one himself. He winced slightly, his nose scrunching from the spiciness of the fruit before a wave of sweetness coated his tongue, resulting in a pleased expression.

Talia didn't like the sound of the strange monster that Lucius described, but she ignored the thought, not wanting to linger on something that may not even exist anymore. As they went up another flight of stairs she nodded at Lucius and smiled. She didn't care what was considered poor or rich, everything had its own good characteristics and its bad characteristics.

But as they entered the so called "poor" district she found herself grinning, but shielding her eyes from the sudden bright light. "Oh my gosh Lucius!" she cried out. It was beautiful. Sure, it looked almost the same as where they'd been before, but the green vines and their abundant fruit made it even more beautiful, adding flashing of color to the area.

It was then that she began to laugh happily, watching Lucius bound up to grab some fruit. He never ceased to amaze her with his active skills, she grinned as he made his way back to her, handing a berry to her. "Hmm..." she smelled the berry before lightly placing it on her tongue and then chewing it. She felt her eyes go wide in surprise at the spice she tasted, but then they relaxed back into a content stare as a sweet juice flowed through her mouth. It was certainly unlike anything she'd ever tried before. "Lucius...these are very tasty..much different then what we have at home.." she noted with a smile.

"Oh! So does this mean we're almost to Damion?" she said excitedly, still very interested in meeting the man. She was still a bit intrigued as to why blood would make him act scary, but she tried not to let that concern her, or taint her judgment of him.

Lucius nodded happily, then crossed his eyes as they walked, trying to remember the name. "Gregory, what's the name of these?" he asked.

Said man was nibbling on the berry when he turned his head, pausing for a moment. "Erm . . . Ganga berries, I believe," Gregory answered. They walked for a few more minutes, admiring the scenery as Lucius introduced Talia to several more fruit, even cracking open a watermelon-looking one and cracking it open, splitting it in half before passing it to her. They soon came upon a large marketsquare, where many people conversed.

"...it was said that the dragons didn't stop their attacks until the Trekians intervened and saved the rest of the country," a voice came from the middle of the square, where a stage was situated. Several children sat down, listening to the man intently. He was swathed in a black cloak, hiding his body from view.

Lucius walked up to the stage with the other two, watching quietly.

Ganga berries? She giggled softly at the name of the delicious fruit. "Such interesting names for things..." she smiled and held Lucius' hand lovingly. They had continued their walk but as she heard the speech of another man, his voice coming from the middle of the square. Her eyes widened as she saw him. He looked so strange, covered in his black cloak, his entire body hidden from the view of those around him. She wondered quietly why he dressed like that. Was there something he had to hide?

With a small smile she stepped a little closer then the others, her eyes wide with interest as she listened to him speak.

She felt like a little girl, momentarily, stunned by the information about the dragons. Talia was suddenly even more interested in speaking with the man, and learning of his vast storage of knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom