Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fallout ({Sy x Jugger})

Nathan shook his head. "I told you, I wasn't going to leave you until we find the douchebag that did this to you. I was just going out to scout to make sure everything would stay safe for us during the night. Seems you took that as...well, as a means for me to leave. My apologies."

She eased up when she heard his reasons for not being there. But she actually froze in her tracks when he apologized. Danza looked him square in the eyes for a moment and then her lips slowly spread into a teasing smile. "Bet that hurt to say." Then with a playful chuckle she walked passed him while pulling out her knife and began to dig out the venom glands.

"Its like a kick in the balls. You owe me big time for saying it." He said mumbling as he placed his hunting rifle onto his back. "Morning's coming. Lets head out while its hard for the creatures to see us and we'll be at the warehouse before the sun is all the way up. Alright?"

(Sure.)

By morning, the view of the warehouse could be seen from the hill Nathan was keeping his hunting rifle, modded with a scope, viewed on. "The coast is clear but...hm...it just doesn't feel right...its a bit weird."

Danza was laying on her stomach next to him, looking through the scope of her own rifle as well. "Ya, it does have that foreboding vibe doesn't it? I felt it the first time I came here." Although while Nathan was looking for living hostiles, Danza was trying to find the corpse of the deathclaw. When she didn't see it, she hoped it was inside, and was now a corpse.

While she was looking for the Deathclaw, Nathan had already climbed down the mountain and was heading into the factory before she would even notice. Walking up to the fence, he tossed a stick against it to see if it was an electrifying one, but it was not. Chuckling, he began to cut away at the fencing with an ax he found on a nearby corpse, stabbed with radscorpion tails.

When she saw Nathan in her scope, Danza rolled her eyes. "Headstrong as ever." For a moment she debated if she should stay where she was and cover him with her rifle. But she decided against it, since he would be going inside and she wouldn't be able to cover him much from there. By the time he was done cutting a whole in the fence, she walked up behind him. "There is a door you know"

"A door he's expecting us to come through if he's still here." He said before climbing over the fencing. "Careful not to cut yourself Danza...now cmon, we need to find a backdoor somewhere, he wouldn't expect us as much to go through there." He said before beginning to walk around to the other end of the facility...all the while keeping his eye out for anything like a deathclaw.

She took a deep sigh and followed him even though she disagreed. Whoever this man was, he was smart. After all, he was able to ambush her during something that wasn't even really planned. She didn't go to the warehouse for a mission or anything, she just happened to come across it and decided to scavenge a bit. In truth, Danza would think she simply intruded in the man's home, but the fact he knew her by name and seemed to know her more personally then that made her wonder otherwise.
None-the-less she followed Nathan. "I think the generator room links up with the main building. Could go in from there."

"Thats a good idea...but first." He turned to look at her. "Answer me one question...the doors here, are they all mechanical or do you open them with a knob?" He said, planning on destroying the generators so the man would lose all power within the facility so that they could more easily maneuver around inside it. He even told her of this plan.

She nodded slightly as she heard his plan of entry and maneuvering. It wasn't a bad plan, and would certainly give them the upper hand. "Most of them are electronic doors. Some have knobs, but they should be no match for my lock picking abilities. The ones I managed to open before being so kindly greeted, after all, stood no chance to my hairpin."

Nathan just chuckled. "Alright then...I'll leave them to you. Now then..." They found the entrance to the generator room...the door open, and sounds other than the generator's whirring could be heard inside. "Ladies first." He said joking before rolling into the view, his 10mm aimed inside to see what else was in there.

Danza gave Nathan a look of 'I don't think so' as he offered her to go first. When he ended up going first anyway, Danza followed close behind with her shotgun out but pointed at the ground. With him in lead, it wouldn't be wise to have a powerful ballistic weapon aimed at his backside. Once he was inside enough, she slipped around him so she stood more at his side. "The door is just on the other side of the generator." She whispered to him softly.

"Sh..." He said as he stopped suddenly. "Do you hear that...? That sound...what the fuck is that...its like...rattling...bones crunching and..." He looked to his shoulder when he felt some slime fall on it. "Drooling..." Looking up, his eyes went wide as he saw hundreds of huge spiders guarding the door. "what the fuck is that!?"

"Don't know, don't care!" She raised her shotgun, cocked a shell into place, and fired - blasting one and it fell to the ground in a gross plat of blood and flesh. "Head to the door!" She said as she herself began to side-step around the generator and fired another blast into the horde of the disgusting arachnid-looking creatures.

Nathan nodded as he began to run and gun with his pistol as the spiders began to charge after them. Upon reaching the door...it was stuck together with webbings. "Dammit! Its stuck! Burn the damn webs off somehow!" He said while he began to fire rapidly at the spiders.

As soon as he reached the door, Danza fired off her last round and then ran to the door where Nathan was as she reloaded her gun. "Stupid, bloody, spiders. . ." she grumbled among other things under her breath. As Nathan began firing at the spiders, she threw him her shotgun to help him fend them off. Then turning to the sticky webbing, she didn't have a lighter or anything but she did have her ripper blade. Pulling it from her belt, she turned it on and began tearing through the webbing. Only stopping occasionally to pull out the sticky substance so it wouldn't gunk up the machine. Finally weakening the webbing enough, she turned the handle to remove the bolt from the doorway, and then kicked the door fully open, tearing apart the rest of the webs. "Go, inside!"

Nathan nodded as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a grenade and tossed it at the spiders. He quickly ran in and closed the door behind him just before the grenade caused a loud explosion...the generator was destroyed along with the spiders. "Damn...that was a close one..." He said as he handed her back her shotgun. "Lets try not to do that again..."

She strode into the door the instant she saw Nathan toss the grenade. After he slammed the door and the explosion erupted, she leaned back against the wall with a deep sigh of relief. "I hate bugs." She closed her eyes for a moment but then opened them again as the lights flickered off do to the destroyed generator. For a moment they were in pitch darkness but then blue lights that lined both sides of the hallways flickered to life, giving off a dull blue glow. "Must be the back up power to give light." She took her gun back from Nathan and smirked at his remark. "But it was so much fun."

"YOU try being back there fending off a mob of spiders while a slow person is working the door!" He said as he shook his head. "Cmon. We have to go and find this bastard. After all that, he probably knows we're here....you take point. I'll follow and cover the rear...though, I'm sure you're used to that." He said sneering at his comment.

"I will do that then. Would rather shoot bugs then touch sticky substances. As I'm sure YOU'RE well familiar with." She smirked at him, made sure a shell was cocked into place in her shotgun, and began to cautiously but steadily step forward down the hallway. Her eyes consistently looking in every space in front of her, occasionally glancing back at Nathan to make sure he was ok and didn't miss seeing something coming up behind them. She didn't know how well his eyesight in dark places was while her own eyes quickly adapted to dark area's thanks to her many years of mainly moving at night.

As they walked on, it soon seemed like they were descending into what seemed to be...the entrance to a vault...!? The door was clear as day open with the number 73 written on the door...though what they didn't expect to see, wrapped together with barbed wire, was a super mutant caged up in the corner. The cage was attached to a pipe that held the door open with a weight-dedicated system.

http://images.wikia.com/fallout/images/e/ec/Mutant_Master.jpg

Looking up, the super mutant groaned in pain as it mouthed words...wanting to say something to them but he could not find the energy to. It had been far too long since he had any source of nutrients and eventually it would be dead weight holding the door open. "The hell...?" Nathan said as he approached the cage. "He needs help Danza."

Danza's eyes widened as she saw the massive vault door. Almost instantly she got the impulse to turn around and walk back. She had only ever been in two vaults before. One was full of crazy survivors due to some ultrasonic brainwashing experiment that had gone wrong, and the other was full of skeletons and made her hallucinate ghosts. Can't blame her for not trusting vaults.
However when she turned at Nathan's voice, she looked at the super mutant. Again her impulse sparked and she raised her shotgun to it but refrained pulling the trigger when she saw it was caged and highly starved. Possibly even dehydrated. She stepped closer to Nathan and nodded agreement to what he said. A super mutant it may be, but it was still a helpless creature none-the-less. "You're the one with the food, remember? We can let it out later when we're leaving. I don't trust to let it free just before going into a vault, assuming that is where we are going." She didn't want to go in the vault, but she figured Nathan would on the assumption the man they were looking for was in there.

(Which vault was the one that made her hallucinate ghosts? I know which one about the crazy survivors...and I know the cloning ones. 'GARY! GAAARY' lol)

Nathan shook his head. "I may be a heartless bastard that kills your targets just to piss you off, but I know when I see someone who's been suffering long past their due." Walking over to the cage, he began to try and open the rusted door. After some strenuous pulling, the cage door broke off. The super mutant didn't move, it just lay in the corner panting hard and groaning as Nathan began to try his best to get the barbed wire from around the being.

Back
Top Bottom