Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

FFVIII: Final Cry (Ishu and BlisteredBlood)

The way he said that made her blush a bit, but she smiled. He was sweet and he was good at lightening the mood, even if it ended up embarrassing someone in the end. She drank some more of her water and twisted the lid back onto the bottle, So, are you going to need help back to your room? It was going to start getting late and she didn't want him getting stuck in the curfew rush. All of the students under the SeeD status were required to be in their dorms by a specific time. This allowed SeeD members and graduates the opportunity to stroll around the Garden freely without feeling the hassle of student traffic. They could also get last minute work done for any jobs they took on.​

"Nah, I think I'll be alright. But the thing is, my job for covering your ass isn't really done until you're asleep, though." Alphonse answered with a shrug of his shoulders. Not for nothing, but that was the condition that he job entailed ever since he took it on several months ago. Once Ishu was asleep, then his job was done for the day. Though after looking outside, he could see that it was beginning to get late, so maybe just this once, he could follow her advice.

Slowly, Alphonse began to get out of the seat he was in, wincing a little bit once he was up. "Anyways, I'm gonna head out. You gonna be OK without me here?" He asked.

She stood up before him and rushed to his side, helping him. Seeing him wince made her frown but she didn't point it out, Are YOU going to be ok without ME? She smiled up at him, joking a bit. Once he was standing on his own, she let go of him and handed him his things, I guess... I'll see you tomorrow! Her hands clasped together and she smiled at him again, watching as he readied himself to leave to his own room.​

Alphonse blinked a few times when he heard Ishu ask him this before shaking his head at her with a chuckle and a smile on his face before reaching a hand out to the top of her head and playfully messed with her hair a bit. "You really are too cute, y'know that?" He asked her with a little laugh as he then took his hand back from her head and lowered it down by his side. "But I'm being honest though, kid. Only way I'll leave is if you get some rest first. That way I can feel better about myself when I head back." He answered with a bit more of a considerate look in his eyes.

Ishu nodded, Of course I will. She looked up at him and, when he didn't leave, she thought he actually wanted to see her get into bed. Wiggling her toes in her boots, her eyes trailed over to the large bed with fine framework and drapes that had been drawn back. She moved over to the bed and lifted the sheets, throwing herself on top of the mattress and rolling over as she pulled the sheets over herself. With her hands propped under her head, she closed her eyes and pretended to sleep. Now he could leave and get some rest of his own.​

At first, Alphonse was pretty convinced that she was faking that she was asleep, but he didn't seem to care so much at this point. As long Ishu really did get some rest, then maybe he would feel better aout himself in the monring when he was all rested up for the big exam she would be taking tomorrow morning. That also meant he had to get some sleep as well, so long as his side wasn't stinging him like hell. Nodding once, Alphonse headed over to the door of the bedroom and saw himself out, but not before he snuck another one of those blueberry muffins with him on his way out.

Once he was out of Ishu's dorm, Alphonse began to head on back to the SeeD dormitory area, taking a few bites of the muffin he was holding in his hand along the way. After a little while, he would then come upon his own room therein, opening the door to it and then headed inside. The first place he went to first was to his own bed where he eased himself into a sitting position and ultimately flopped down onto his back with a sigh as he then slowly but eventually fell asleep.

Smiling as she peaked at him and watched him sneak a muffin, she stifled a giggle and kept still. Once he left, she looked over her shoulder and kicked off her shoes, banishing them from under her blankets and wriggling around for a few moments, soon shoving out her clothes and letting them drop ontop of the boots. She grabbed one of her pillows and cuddled it as she soon fell asleep.

_

Once morning came, she began to stir, opening her eyes as sunlight filtered in through the giant glass windows in her room. Popping up, eyes wide as a smile stretched across her face, she stumbled out of bed and hurried across her bedroom, rushing into her bathroom and finding her closet. She removed her undergarments and dropped them into a hamper, then put on new ones and a fresh uniform.

She rushed around the bathroom, brushing her hair and pulling it back into a high ponytail to keep out of her face during the test. She moisturized all of her exposed skin, applying sunblock as well and even a moisturizing/sunblocking lipbalm which she then stuffed into her pocket.

_

The woman groaned something and looked over to Eve, eyes narrowing as her own stomach growled.

Eve looked back at her and shrugged, "I told you to hunt last night."

The woman snorted and glanced back at the man they had been dragging along the desert sand for the past twelve hours.

Eve shrugged, "I told you." They had been traveling nonstop toward the city of Deling. Eve had business there with the man who could help her- and she didn't want to waste time getting to him. He was the only person on the continent who wasn't out to kill her. So, she sort of needed him. Now.​

In the morning, Alphonse awoke with a sigh before rising out of bed slowly, groaning a bit as he brought his hand down to his side. It was a little tender from yesterday, but whatever damage was there had now healed properly, nodding to himself knowing full well that he was ready for whatever was going to be thrown both his and her way. The first thing he needed to do first was to get dressed in a new set of clothes from the ones that were stained in his blood from yesterday. With that, he got an entirely new uniform and once he was done with it a little while later, Alphonse made his way out, hoping Ishu was all set and ready to go.

-----------------------------------​

In the 12 hours that had passed, Heishiro remained where he was as he was being dragged along behind the woman that had tied him in the way she did, his head lowered down to the ground with a morbid yet rage filled expression on his face. Granted, there wasn't a whole hell of a lot that he could do at the moment, but that wouldn't stop them from cursing their graves before going off on his own. Just what were they needing him for if all they were doing was heading towards Deling City? But that didn't matter now. None of this did.

She came hopping out of her bathroom, putting on a fresh pair of boots over her thigh-high stockings. Nearly falling over as she did so, she slipped the boot on just in time as her foot touched the floor. Smiling to herself, she pulled on her little uniform coat and hurried over to the door that would lead to the elevator. With her hands behind her back, she waited for it to "BING" open and for Alphonse to greet her.

_

The woman, Evan, sputtered something at Eve.

Eve, whom stifled a laugh, shrugged again, "I don't know why he's acting like a sixteen year old in high school. Maybe he IS a sixteen year old?" she glanced back at Heishiro, feeling the adolescent rage building up inside of him. It was pathetic and a huge put-off. What was this kids problem? She understood having issues but geez! He wasn't even logical about it. Nothing about him made sense.​

Upon arrival, Alphonse would indeed be waiting for her when she appeared at the elevator door, seeing him looking down at his fingernails for a moment before looking up at Ishu as she arrived. After a moment he then turned his eyes back up to her with a smile. "Well, good morning Ishu." He said with a little laugh. "Ready to go?" He asked.

Heishiro simply rolled his eyes at Eve's comment, doing very little to upset him any further. As much as he wanted to spit at her with an added "fuck you" to her, he instead decided to swallow his anger down for now. All it was doing was getting him nowhere fast. Inhaling softly and letting out a quiet sigh before lowering his head lower down to the ground, Heishiro let his eyes close.

Good morning! She stepped off the elevator and instinctively looped her arm around his, Did you sleep well? She started down the steps, leading him along and heading toward the cafeteria. She wouldn't let either of them fight on an empty stomach- especially him.

__

She glanced over her shoulder at him when he sighed and put her hands on her hips, "sleep well?" She took a canteen from her hip, twisting it open, "Thirsty?"​

"I slept very well!" Alphonse answered with a smile on his face as he felt Ishu loop an arm around his own and then walked with her to the cafeteria as he then put his other hand in his pocket. "So, what do you wanna get while we're at the cafeteria, huh?" He asked.

Heishiro denied the offer, turning his head away from her. "No thanks." He answered as his eyes narrowed. "As for how I slept, how's that your concern?" He asked in return before looking up at her. "Because last I checked, you don't seem to care about anyone but yourself."

Ishu pondered over the question- wondering if she should get a parfait or something more stable and nutritious. She then remembered throwing up the yogurt and fruit mix and frowned, I think a bagel would be nice! Sure, it had carbs but she needed it for energy! What about you? She looked up at him, blue eyes wide with bland curiosity.

___

"well- you're wrong." Eve took a drink and twisted the cap back onto the canteen, "I offered to help you out with your personal problems and you threw a fit." She glanced back at him while putting the canteen onto her hip, "You might think I'm selfish- but at least my ego isn't so swollen that I won't take help when I need it."​

"Bah. I'll get the same thing you're getting." Alphonse answered with a nod of his head and a smile aimed at Ishu as they finally arrived at the cafeteria after a little more walking. "Though I think maybe I should also get something a bit more filling, too. Like maybe a bacon-n-egg sandwich." He added as he nodded his head.

Heishiro paused for a moment before looking up at Eve with a questionable look in his eye. "Help? How the hell do you help someone you barely even know? More importantly, where do you even start? Care to answer me that question?" He asked with an arched eyebrow before shaking his head at her. "Because if you can, I'd like to know how you could."

She quirked an eyebrow when he mentioned bacon and tilted her head, You... eat that? Her expression changed to a disgusted grimace- but it lacked negative judgment. She did not eat meat- her own personal choice, but she still found it quite odd when anyone else ate it.

__

"How do you decide to help someone you barely even know? For money?" She scoffed and waved her hand dismissively, "I've done a lot of shit in my time and I don't mind helping someone out when they need it." She frowned back at him, "But I don't bend over backwards. I don't beg for people to take my help. I have many skills- and taking bullshit isn't one of them." Eve stopped, the woman next to her stopping as well, "You just tell me what you need done and we'll see what we can do. Hell- if you get rid of the attitude we might untie you."​

"Sure do." Alphonse answered with a nod of his head, chuckling a little bit towards Ishu when he saw that somewhat irked expression on her face, possibly figuring that she probably didn't enjoy meat as much as he did. "Besides, a guy like me can't live on just protein and carbohydrates alone, you know. Besides, you gotta eat something with plenty of iron and some degree of fat in it at one point unless if you want to look like a twig with an iron deficiency for the rest of your life." He added with a shrug of his shoulders.

At first, Heishiro could see Eve's point now that he was in a clearer state of mind, lowering his head down as his expression turned more towards thought this time around. In some strange way, he could see a bit of himself in her, someone that refused to yield to someone else without giving them a fight. Of course, stubbornness was also a personal fault of his and more often than not, it usually got him into plenty of trouble with some of the higher ups. A shrug of his shoulders was his reply at first before shaking his head was Heishiro's initial reply to her first comment then looked up to her as he spoke.

"Trust me on this, Eve. It's not something you want to involve yourself in. I never involve anyone - friend or stranger - in personal conflicts unless if I absolutely have to." Heishiro answered with a shake of his head as his tone was calmer now, still thinking about what it was Eve said to him. "If I feel as though I need the help, then you two are the first I'll go to, provided if I'm capable of it by then." He added with a roll of his eyes and looked off to the side with a strange smirk on his face, almost as if he was directing that bit of sarcasm at himself.

If I'm able... Who knows, maybe I won't be with what I heard about that guy... He then thought, having now fallen silent as he looked back down to the ground and off to the left.

She couldn't help but laugh. He had practically described her. She was deathly pale and she was pretty much skin and bones. Of course, she didn't think this. The way he'd spoken had just delighted her for some reason. She nodded her agreement to him and stepped into the food line.

_

Eve stopped walking, the woman next to her stopping as well, "I don't trust anyone. Ever." The second woman grunted her agreement and looked to Eve. Eve nodded and the other woman crouched down, growling at Heishiro as she untied him and stepped back. Eve took the rope from her and coiled it up before stuffing it into the bag on her back.

"Get up. You can walk the rest of the way." She started walking and the second woman stayed behind- watching Heishiro.​

When he heard Ishu give out a laugh at his description, Alphonse quirked an eyebrow before turning his eyes down to her with the same questionable look on his face. He didn't exactly know what was so funny about what he said, but apparently, the way he must've said it must've amused her a great deal. Or at least, that was what he thought anyway. Still, if it made her laugh, then Alphonse smiled at her in reply as he would then join her in the line.

Just like me. You just don't trust anyone except for who you know. Heishiro thought as he was released from his bonds then slowly stood up onto his feet, rubbing at his wrists a bit as he locked eyes with Evan for a short moment. "You should probably go catch up with her. You don't have any more business with me." He stated to her flatly before beginning to walk away from her in another direction. He didn't care where it was he was going to, but as long as it was away from the both of them, then maybe he would be able to find his destination on his own.

Ishu picked up a tray and walked through the line behind some other students. She grabbed a plastic fruit cup and put it on her tray along with a spoon. She continued down the line and picked up a freshly toasted bagel, a packet of cream cheese and a little plastic knife. Once she was at the end of the line, she smiled at one of the lunch ladies and stepped away, watching Alphonse and waiting for him before moving to a table to eat at.

__

Evan grunted at Heishiro, yellow eyes looking him over before she turned and ran after Eve. She slowed down as she approached the woman in charge and groaned slightly.

Eve nodded, "I know. Just be patient."

Evan said nothing else and curled her toes in the sand with each step she took.​

As with Ishu, Alphonse would soon follow suit as he also picked up a tray and joined Ishu in line, pondering over what he should get for breakfast. His one thought with getting a bacon and egg sandwich stuck in his mind a bit, but then again another thought occurred to him that this place had so many other choices, too. What to choose, he wondered as he looked over the menu before finally deciding on getting not one, but two bacon and egg sandwiches with extra cheese as well. Once done, he glanced over at Ishu as she walked away from the line to go look for a spot to go sit down before he would follow her out of the line.

Evan's grunt did little to change Heishiro's mind. As a matter of fact, he had completely forgotten about why he was even dragged along with them - literally - in the first place as he continued to walk away. Maybe after coming back to the last town he was at, then perhaps he would be able to finally clear his head of all of the day's troubles. However, something in his mind did stick out a bit when Eve was talking with him earlier, but that only made him shake his head slowly, not wanting to mull over it any further.

Another thing he would have to do once he was back in town was to make sure that got a new change of clothes, too. No thanks to Evan, a good majority of his uniform was damaged quite a bit. Damn devil bitch... He thought with a bit of aggravation in his mind then shook his head again. Ah screw it. No use grumbling about it. Heishiro added to himself as he continued to walk.

Back
Top Bottom